Didn't mean to seem rude that we didn't get many reviews. Thank you for checking it out. We do have a pic of us together but it is a face pic so we made it private. I'm going to change a few things but it has been very successful so far. We met the nicest couple from the ad and a few others we are talking to but haven't met yet. Thanks to all who looked at our profile.

BTW, why the problem with 45?

I didn't think you rude at all! I know that on a thread like this one people may jump to the end and not realize that comments often only come from one member. :)

Looking back at my post to you, I can see where it is confusing. I'll explain. Mr LM and I are over 50, I was thinking of ourselves being out of your age group, that's all. A totally selfish comment because we'd miss out on meeting you.

LM

Can you all check our ad at SLS, Sweet_Candy at Swinglifestyle.com. Any input would be great.

Thanks,

Sweet_Candy

I think you should have pictures of some sort in your profile, especially since you ask to see more in other people's.

You probably don't need to say 'No single males' more than once. The ones who listen will get it the first time and the ones who don't never will. :)

-B

I second that and would be happy to meet you if we were closer. :)
Thank you NaughtyKitten.

There is a Swingers Board Meet Up in Chicago at the end of this month, not too far from you. If you would like to meet members of the board, think about attending. It's a great time to socialize, and it's purpose is not to hook up but to share an nice dinner with other members. Check out the Meet Up forum for more information.

Mr LM and I will be attending.

LM

If anyone would like to review our ad on SLS, it would be appreciated.... LvrofBBWs swinglifestyle.com :kissface::kissface::kissface:
Your profile is well-written. You use good grammar, show a sense of humor, and have constructed a profile that feels unique to you.

You let people know what your play preferences are. I like that you mention you've hosted parties. You seem experienced and confident. I get the feeling you'd make me feel good being around you.

I particularly liked how you closed your profile. Very inviting.

LM

Thank you NaughtyKitten.

There is a Swingers Board Meet Up in Chicago at the end of this month, not too far from you. If you would like to meet members of the board, think about attending. It's a great time to socialize, and it's purpose is not to hook up but to share an nice dinner with other members. Check out the Meet Up forum for more information.

Mr LM and I will be attending.

LM

We are trying our best to make it to the Chicago meet up. It would be great to meet you and everyone else.

Thank you for the nice comments LM. The wife and I enjoyed such positive feedback from the board. She was really unsure about posting an ad. But to our amazement it has been a great experience so far. Looking forward to meeting more wonderful people.

ps. I would have to agree with the wife and pinmonkey. Your avatar doesn't look a day over 30. Maybe 28. :)

Our SLS name is Jandcmi28

Any pointers would be great since we don't do too well with these ads :)

First, I've got to admit I'm not generally too keen on pictures of people's pets, but in your case, I liked seeing the pictures of you with your dog. The dog is obviously a trophy winner. Plus, combined with your other pictures, it fits.

You look like an adventurous "intellectual hippie" couple (hope you don't take offense, I'm trying to pay you a compliment) and I'd love to sit down with you guys for conversation and a beer just to pick your brains.

You said you've not done too well with the ad, so I've gone through the profile with a fine-toothed comb. Maybe my suggestions will help.

In the first section describing what you are looking for, I'd rewrite it this way:

We are looking for couples with bi or at least genuinely bi-curious females for girl/girl and full swap fun. Girl/girl is our favorite part of this with everything else being a close second. :) We would like to meet people we can get together with on a semi-regular basis. As a general rule, we are usually not interested in anyone over 40. We are interested in meeting people who are drama free, laid back, and have no expectations about what will happen at a meeting.

You can see I took quite a bit out. If you want to know why send me a PM.

The next three sections show your laid back, humorous side and you use a nice informal tone. It fits the you I see in your pictures.

In the final paragraph I would move the first two sentences to the end. They would make for a better closing. Eliminate the sentence: Sorry,this is just our preference. You don't need to apologize for expressing your preference. Lastly, is "agreeance" a word? It may be, but I didn't find it in my dictionary so you might want to check that out.

Aren't I picky. :lol: But I give good hugs to make up for it.

LM

Guest Pinmonkey

Thank you LM. I've taken your advise and made some updates.

Hello everyone. This is a great thread and we can't pass up on the opportunity for all the help we can get. Our profile link is idahocpl2005 swinglifestyle.com. We would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Kevin and Danielle :kissface:

I liked your profile instantly because of the fine selection of pictures. You are smiling in every one and I really believe smiles draw people in; you also have a picture of you together, and your pictures clearly show your faces and your physiques, that's important too.

From the top you let people know what you do and don't want. THE USE OF CAPS FOR A COMPLETE SENTENCE COMES ACROSS LIKE YOU'RE SHOUTING. SLS now gives you the option of bold, how about making those cap sentences bold instead? I'd take out "rude" because I think rude people laugh at that and contact you anyway. It's a harsh-sounding word that might scare the nice people away.

There is a lot of emphasis on Danielle's attractions, I'd like to read more information on Kevin's likes. I think it would balance the profile.

My favorite part: The paragragh on sending you $10. It was so funny. :lol: You sold me on you right then and there! After reading this I thought you should come up with a Tag Line that projects this fun side of yourselves.

You seem like a couple that many people would be eager to meet.

LM

LM,

Thank you very much for your help. We have made the changes you have suggested. They were very helpful. Still needs some more tweeking but it's getting there.

Thanks,

LM,

Thank you very much for your help. We have made the changes you have suggested. They were very helpful. Still needs some more tweeking but it's getting there.

Thanks,

You're welcome.

Absolutely love your new Tag Line! You two are a hoot!

If it hasn't occurred to you yet, people who make me laugh are very sexy to me. :D

LM

And for anyone else.

Now that I have read some other posts on this thread I realized anyone can chime in. And we hope you all will. Thanks for any help from anyone.

Bill and Sue

velbuzz swinglifestyle.com

Now that I have read some other posts on this thread I realized anyone can chime in. And we hope you all will. Thanks for any help from anyone.

Bill and Sue

velbuzz swinglifestyle.com

Hi Bill and Sue,

I'll chime in.

You're Lifetime Members of SLS since 2002 so I figure you have some experience behind you and are serious about swinging.

First off I noticed how difficult it is to see you in your pictures. These photos could be cropped so that they present you better. And you have two of the same picture, one is on it's side and makes me want to crank my neck to view it; I'd eliminate it. I would like to see a picture of you together. I would also like to see some pictures of you in clothes, to know how you like to dress.

You say you're looking for "safe" fun. Do you mean you always use condoms? Or do you mean you don't give blow jobs to a guy while he's driving for fear of causing an accident? :D A little clarity there would help.

Every word is spelled out except "cpl" and it stuck out because of it.

You say: "...we hope to find the time for adult pleasures again." This sounds like you're unsure of your decision, and may never commint to meets, or you will cancel. I think you could rework that sentence.

I'd like to see you say something about what each of you likes in play partners, and describe your individual personalities, some statements that make your profile unique to you.

Overall, you have a positive, and friendly profile.

LM

We can only wish we lived closer to Iowa and have a chance to meet LikeMinds in person. Such great comments. Thank you.

We can only wish we lived closer to Iowa and have a chance to meet LikeMinds in person. Such great comments. Thank you.
Golly gee, thanks. :)

LM

We would appreciate some feedback on our profile, if someone has the time...

Thanks,

Air

AirPatty swinglifestyle.com

I liked your profile. It said everything it needed to. Bravo for posting a pic of your guy, so many don't. You were very honest about your lack of experience which for some would be important. I'm very new to this myself so others may have some tips but I liked it. Good job and good luck! :)

We looked at your profile on SLS and it looks just fine. You get right to the point on what you are looking for. Good luck in your search for other couples...

Sweet_Candy, I found the thread and merged your post into it. I can't check SLS at work, but I promise to when I get home. :)

-B

Sweet_Candy, I like that you say exactly what you're looking for, but I think that adding some pictures would be good.

Also, you might try to find a 'hook' to give me a reason to want to contact you, know what I mean? As someone said to me, what distinguishes you from all the other couples out there?

-B

Pics are the next step...a g-rated couples shot.

As for a hook?... We're active anglers, We go to where the fish are, we don't wait for the fish to come to us. Actually we we're avoiding a hook. But a suggestion won't hurt. Any examples?

Thanks

Sweet_Candy

Honestly, I'm still trying to figure it out myself! It could be something like what your outside interests are or something 'cool' about you, I don't know. For example, one profile we saw said that they're 'liberals who've learned to pass in a Republican world'. That describes us somewhat, we thought it was funny and it made us want to check them out more.

-B

Could someone review our profile please and give me any suggestions on how to make it better.,..We are extremly new to the lifestyle. Having had one experience and I am really new at writing ads. Any help would be appreciated. Ourt name on SLS kodiaksangel Thanks for your help...Amy :)

we are sxydalcpl05 on sls ... would love a review.

THANKS! :D

Wow! Your post sounds great imho. As Brad and Janet mentioned " no pics" of the both of you.:confused: G-rated would be fine. Good luck!

Sweet

We have the G-rated couple pic posted now and took suggestion on "angle". The wife liked my comment about anglers so added it for now.

Sweet

We actually have many pics on our profile, they are all private right now because I had to privatize them for discretionary reasons, and I have to email sls to make them public again. They are all g-rated. I prefer that. I just don't like the "in your face" nude pics when you are first meeting someone.

Our default pic is the same as the one on our swingersboard public profile.

Nice profile pic...thats the kind of couple's pic we like to see...just enough to catch your attention. :cool::cool::cool:

Sweet

tooshytoask swinglifestyle.com

I would be happy to have some feed back, thanks.

Overall you have a nice profile. You clearly state your situation, your desires and hopes. You also include a good picture of you and your husband together.

Here is something to consider: Many married men who are searching on their own without the wife's knowledge set up a couples profile and their tag line clues you in immediately that swinging is not a joint venture. I'm concerned that your tag line may do the same (a wife on her own) and this may keep people from opening your profile.

How about stating what you are searching for in your tag line?

In the Describe Yourself section I think it would help to clarify at the start who is speaking. You can do this by changing "We" to "My husband and I" this way there is no question who is talking throughout the profile.

The use of the word "frustrating" may keep people from approaching you, how about using "busy" instead. And the "I will get back to you when I can" made me feel I could be waiting a very long time. Again, that could keep people away. You might find a way to soften that sentence so it doesn't have quite the bit.

I liked that last paragragh, especially how you ended with "special lady." I would like to see "lady" used in place of where you wrote "girl" the the paragraph preceeding it.

You sound genuine. You mention your husband is willing to be involved, and this is good too.

LM

Love to know what you think of our SLS profile .....it's

coolnsexything swinglifestyle.com

thanks..Shycouple

I love your user name, easy to remember and so appealing!

You have been paid members on SLS for two years and I was surprised to read that you are "still moving slowly" and "new to this and are taking it at our own pace." It gave me the feeling that your profile hasn't been updated in a while, or, that you are having no luck meeting people--either message is not a good one and for these reasons I think it would be productive to find another way of expressing your position. Even if you haven't played often in the past two years I don't think you need to say that outright in your profile. As for the pace you like to go, you could find another way of letting that be known without sounding overly cautious, which I feel your profile alludes to.

DD & disease free = D/D free

Twice you mention your interest in taking pictures/video. It comes across as a need, do you need this to play? If not, you should let people know that it's not a requirement. There are people who may not be contacting you because they would not be comfortable with pics being taken.

You mention "hubby could be bicurious under the right circumstances" and this may bring your contacts down, especially since you list him as straight. But I'm glad you are upfront about it if this is an experience he is seeking. If it's simply a passing fantasy and not that important, then I'd remove it.

In the last section you repeat things you've already mentioned in your profile. I don't see the point in this. It's okay to leave it blank, or maybe you can add a closing statement that invites people to contact you.

You do a great job of letting people know what kind of sexual activities you like. You have a couple of cute and sexy public pictures and more private ones to share when you are ready. I always appreciate seeing a picture of the man of the couple--how about giving the women something to see? :)

LM

I would just like to say that Mrs. LikeMinds is an EXCELLENT profile reviewer! :D

With that said, I would really like to see her take on OUR profile. I very much appreciated the input from Sweet_Candy, so maybe Mrs. LM didn't have anything to add, but with her very adept manner of critiquing, I would love to read anything she might be able to add.

:D

I would just like to say that Mrs. LikeMinds is an EXCELLENT profile reviewer! :D

With that said, I would really like to see her take on OUR profile. I very much appreciated the input from Sweet_Candy, so maybe Mrs. LM didn't have anything to add, but with her very adept manner of critiquing, I would love to read anything she might be able to add.

:D

Thank you for your nice review of my reviews. :)

I enjoy reading profiles and will be happy to give you my thoughts on your profile.

Right off I was taken by your default picture. It's a perfectly cropped picture that is very complimentary. Gawd do I love looking at good-lookin' men in cowboy hats! You have other wonderful pictures that look natural and express your personality (hope SLS can figure out the problem with them being out of focus, your note at the bottom helped me understand the situation and that you are working on it).

Your profile is longer than usual. With longer profiles (which I like) I find it is particularly helpful to have similar thoughts grouped together so that I can read through everything as easily as possible. This is the first area of improvement that I think is needed. In the first section you jump around and that had me stopping and rereading.

I found some contradictions. Example: You say "maybe even entertain at home..." yet at the bottom of your profile you say "We do not typically play at home."

Also, you say "We are primarily seeking couples..." and in the next sentence you say "single females will be given top priority..."

It's statements like these that left me uncertain.

More paragraphing would also help.

Since you are seeking couples, single women, and single men, I think your opening sentence would better read:

Great people who are essentially looking for...with whom we can occasionally hang out... We are primarily seeking couples... However, select single females will also be considered. [Now here is where you should continue to say all you want regarding females, then start talking about males.]

Mentioning that there are so many single males out there isn't necessary; it's a known. Besides, does it really have anything to do with how selective you'd be? Wouldn't you be just as selective if there were only a handful? The way you've worded your profile it sounds as if you are only selective because there are so many males to choose from.

I'd remove: "Don't mean to sound racist, but that is our preference."

I really enjoyed reading the Describe Yourself section. The only thing I stumbled on was, "That's the name of this game, folks!" I've seen so many swingers state in their profiles that they do not like game players that I think of the word "game" as a four letter word. That sentence doesn't really add anything to the profile and may even be keeping people away.

In the What else would you like to say... section I would cut everything in that FIRST paragraph out except the first sentence.

I'll make a generalized comment here about my position on how I believe that including too much in a profile can work against swingers. I think it can leave swingers vulnerable to people they don't want to meet.

When you state what you don't like, those who would normally do those things you don't like may approach you differently in order to try and get a meet with you. In your profile you bring up "fakes and cheaters" and men who send terrible first contact e-mail that is only directed to the woman of the couple. I understand that these are frustrating to receive, we get them, but I know immediately what kind of people they are and in knowing that it keeps our ellimination process easy.

If you clue people in to what you don't like, they'll make darn sure you don't see that side of them until it's too late, you've met, then you wonder why you didn't see this side of them earlier.

I think you have a profile that tops most. I really enjoyed getting to know you through reading it.

LM

Could someone review our profile please and give me any suggestions on how to make it better.,..We are extremly new to the lifestyle. Having had one experience and I am really new at writing ads. Any help would be appreciated. Our name on SLS kodiaksangel Thanks for your help...Amy :)
Hi Amy -

I looked at your profile and what first caught my eye was the two pictures--nearly identical--of your husband. I think I'd leave the one in with him smiling and crop it so that you could see him better. He has a nice expression on his face. Your pictures clearly show you and I like that.

Your tag line is good.

In the first paragraph I think you should put "(female)" behind "I" and clarify from the start who is speaking, instead of waiting until your second paragraph. You say you can meet the ladies on your own, no men need be involved. Does this mean you'll play by yourself with a couple if they ask, but that the husband can just watch if he wants? Or that you'll play alone with them both? Or that you will only play with a woman of a couple, just you two alone?

You could add what you find appealing in play partners; what kind of people do you and your husband find sexy?

Other than that, I think you have a fine profile and I like your closing statement,

"Let's talk and see what we can come up with..."

LM

Thanks, Mrs. LM .... I think you had some very valid points, and I made the recommended changes. :kissface:

I thought it sounded a little jumbled, but I am actually a fairly good (and picky) writer, and I kept getting frustrated .... like I was spending way too much time trying to word what I wanted to say without starting completely over ... so I chose NOT to do anything and just look for what others might like to read in a profile. :rollseyes

Thanks again, so much!!!

All my compliments to you were well-deserved, and I am sure I am not the only one who thinks so!!! :D

Wish you guys lived closer! ;)

OK, please check us at reedanddiana swinglifestyle.com We have been in the lifestyle for about 9 months and are still trying to get things down so we have a line of people lusting after us.

I like it. It's enthusiastic and you give the appearance of a couple who are enjoying the lifestyle. You say plainly what you're looking for and the whole thing flows nicely.

One thing though: the default picture of you in the blue gown gave me a start because at first glance it looks like you're giving the viewer 'the bird'. I had to look closely to see that your really not, but you might want to reconsider that picture. :)

Speaking of pictures, I like that you have so many and that you included one of the two of you together.

-B

Thanks, Mrs. LM .... I think you had some very valid points, and I made the recommended changes. :kissface:

Wish you guys lived closer! ;)

You're welcome.

I took another look. You did a great job with the changes!

I wish you lived closer too. :)

LM

LM,

Could you take a moment and check ours out...you seem to have discerning eyes. :cool:

sweet_candy.swinglifestyle.com

Any changes you can think of please pm us...we are open to suggestions.

Thanks Sweet_Candy

I took a look and sent you a PM as you requested.

Thanks for asking for my input.

LM

Would anybody here be willing to check out and tell us what is thought of our profile?

It's at http://www.couplestouch.com under the name StrangeMagic

You have to be a member to get into that site and view profiles. And there may not be anyone on the board who is a member.

The profiles that are reviewed in this thread have been on SLS, which is associated with the Swingers Board.

LM