After having our profile reviewed we have done three things and they have seemed too helped. We are now paid members which hopefully show we are serious. Corrected the grammar mistakes so people see we are intelligent. We also added pictures. The only picture that can be seen at this time is one of our hot tub. This has produced several couples who would be interested in making good use of it which is the reason we bought it. Other pictures will be added shortly so people can get a look at our body types.

Julie, thanks for getting this thread started. :cool:

I don't mean for just Julie to eval us. :lol: ANYBODY can. The more the merrier. :D

If its really bad, let us know in private message. :)

We're at swinglifestyle under the name HotMo.

Please, anyone feel free to let us know what you think. :D

I think not having a picture was a disappointment to me. You could add a very tasteful discreet picture that is nondescript, but yet gives the reader the opportunity to envision you two.

I saw a great picture of a couple recently that was fabulous for those that need to be discreet- it was the two of them hand-in-hand, dressed, taken from behind at a park. It was very nice, because you could see their hair style, type of clothing, body style, etc. but still have no idea who they actually are.

I would also recommend using the proper tense consistently through the ad. It shifts from 1st person to second and back.

I also think it was nice that you clearly spelled out what you weren't interested in. I think sometimes, newbies are afraid to be specific, as not to offend, and then after you meet them find out they aren't interested in something. That has happened to us with women. The ad will say she is bi-curious, but when you meet her, he curiosity ends with seeing another woman naked. :lol: Its good to be direct.

Guest smileytattoo
We're at swinglifestyle under the name HotMo.

You had one little typo in the fantasy section "Our goal it to..." Should say "Our goal is to..."

Other than that I liked it, very specific in what you are looking for.

Woo hoo, this is fun! I don't automatically check to see if members here have SLS memberships, too, so it's really interesting to see some of the (very good) ads posted there by swingersboard members.

Ok, here's our contribution to the thread: www.swinglifestyle.com intuition897 I realize that we're not certified but we've only met one or two couples from SLS, and it didn't click. The thing is, being in Canada, there are fewer folks to meet here north of the border than south of it. Plus we're not highly active swingers; our vanilla life is pretty restrictive. Let us know what you think. Should we be taking a different approach or saying things differently?

Woo hoo, this is fun! I don't automatically check to see if members here have SLS memberships, too, so it's really interesting to see some of the (very good) ads posted there by swingersboard members.

Ok, here's our contribution to the thread: www.swinglifestyle.com intuition897 I realize that we're not certified but we've only met one or two couples from SLS, and it didn't click. The thing is, being in Canada, there are fewer folks to meet here north of the border than south of it. Plus we're not highly active swingers; our vanilla life is pretty restrictive. Let us know what you think. Should we be taking a different approach or saying things differently?

I really liked your ad. You are very clear in what you're looking for and expect. In the "describe your fantasies" section, though, you mentioned being bi-sensual. Does that mean completely bi, or bi in certain situations, or passively bi? I saw at the top of the profile that you are listed as bi, but using a euphemism other than just saying bi may make some people wonder. Other than that, if you weren't 1200 miles away, we would write to you!

Pepper

I never realized how much people focus on the certification. I'd barely even noticed it but the last couple we met told us at the end of the night, "We'll be sure to certify you" and I remember thinking, "certify?" I'd never certified someone before and no one has offered to certify me. I'm pretty sure kermit certified them back though. :lol:

I really liked your ad. You are very clear in what you're looking for and expect. In the "describe your fantasies" section, though, you mentioned being bi-sensual. Does that mean completely bi, or bi in certain situations, or passively bi? I saw at the top of the profile that you are listed as bi, but using a euphemism other than just saying bi may make some people wonder. Other than that, if you weren't 1200 miles away, we would write to you!

Pepper

Thanks for the positive critique! I'm not sure what to call myself, in truth. Given the choice of going without men or women for the rest of my life, I would give up women in a heartbeat over men. So I don't consider myself truly bi in that I can't see myself being capable of developing a relationship or connection to a woman that could compare to the connection I feel between myself and a man. It's no wonder that men don't understand women; I don't understand them...and I'm one of them! I'm actually kinda clueless about knowing what pleases a woman. Men? no problem. I don't feel any intimidation whatsoever there, but with women, I have comparatively little experience in that realm. As Mr. says, I simply don't have as many 'hours logged' as he does in knowing how women work sexually. But this doesn't keep me from enjoying the wonderful differences in the way they smell, the way they sound, the way their skin feels, etc. The way I see it, outside of swinging, I'm totally hetero, but as long as the other woman is receptive to it and we're all on a bed playing, gender is not a barrier for me.

I dunno. How would you categorize that?

Thanks for the positive critique! I'm not sure what to call myself, in truth. Given the choice of going without men or women for the rest of my life, I would give up women in a heartbeat over men. So I don't consider myself truly bi in that I can't see myself being capable of developing a relationship or connection to a woman that could compare to the connection I feel between myself and a man. It's no wonder that men don't understand women; I don't understand them...and I'm one of them! I'm actually kinda clueless about knowing what pleases a woman. Men? no problem. I don't feel any intimidation whatsoever there, but with women, I have comparatively little experience in that realm. As Mr. says, I simply don't have as many 'hours logged' as he does in knowing how women work sexually. But this doesn't keep me from enjoying the wonderful differences in the way they smell, the way they sound, the way their skin feels, etc. The way I see it, outside of swinging, I'm totally hetero, but as long as the other woman is receptive to it and we're all on a bed playing, gender is not a barrier for me.

I dunno. How would you categorize that?

Oh boy! I opened a can of worms!! :lol: I think a lot of women have a problem categorizing themselves, but as far as finding couples to play with, it's not a deal-breaker if the woman's straight, and it's not a deal-breaker if she's bi, right? Then, I would put somewhere in the profile that you really enjoy playing with women, but it's not a problem to have hetero only play too. I think that lets people know that you like girl-girl play, but it's not 100% necessary for you.

I just pointed it out because when we look at profiles, I always zero in on what the woman says about playing with other women. If I see bi-sensual, bi-curious, passively bi or something else other than I AM BI, I'm tend to assume they're sending some sort of coded message: either that they don't know if they like women because of inexperience, or they don't like women, but do some soft-bi activities just to entertain the guys. Just be clear about it too, just like you are with everything else in your profile.

Pepper

Thanks Pepper,

I'll actually go and change that. It's always a good idea to get an outsider's perspective on these things. :)

A lot of your profiles are so good it makes me a little self conscious about ours, but I can always use any suggestions that might improve it.

So randp at swinglifestyle.com it is, let me know what you think.

I think your profile is great. The only thing I would suggest since you have a private pic (and this is really a suggestion to anyone who doesn't want to include public pictures) is to maybe explain in your profile that you will share pics when you are comfortable doing so. And, this may be just me, but when I see a private pic I tend to assume that it is a pic of privates - so if that's not the case, it's all the more reason to say something.

We would love to hear comments and suggestions on our profile. Does anyone think our interests to be out of the mainstream of most swingers? Any thoughts will be appreciated. dodiddle@swinglifestyle.com

Picture: good - when you click to enlarge it you can get a good overall idea of what you both look like.

I don't think your interests are out of the ordinary, they seem pretty normal (at least for swingers :) ).

The one thing I would suggest is taking a look at HOW you write out your answers to the various questions, at times I found myself confused as to whether you were describing yourselves or the people you were looking for (or both - which is probably the case and would explain the easy transitioning in your tenses). Complete sentences would help this immensely, rather than just a list of descriptives.

Here is ours if you want to take a look. Usually we are not taking a break, and do change our tag line from time to time. newbies123 on swinglifestyle.com

As I've posted before I'm not a big fan of pictures that don't really give much of an idea of who I'm looking at. I also prefer to see both halves of a couple pictured (even without faces) - they don't have to be identifying.

You mention that the Mrs will be out of commission for 6 to 8 weeks, it might be nice if you either post from when or about when that time will be over. Otherwise, the reader doesn't know if that 6 to 8 weeks just started is almost over.

Other than that, excellent profile.

I think your profile is great. The only thing I would suggest since you have a private pic (and this is really a suggestion to anyone who doesn't want to include public pictures) is to maybe explain in your profile that you will share pics when you are comfortable doing so. And, this may be just me, but when I see a private pic I tend to assume that it is a pic of privates - so if that's not the case, it's all the more reason to say something.

Good suggestion, our picture is actually a professionally done portrait face picture. We are working on doing some non-face pic's, but although we have taken a few we weren't happy enough with them to put them up for public consumption. It's funny you mentioned this because after thinking about it I have to admit I usually assume the hidden pic's are the racy kind to.

We're at www.swinglifestyle.com under the name HotMo.

This was a little confusing to me:

We've both been down this road before but not as a couple. His long range goal is to share her with another man or more and share each other with another couple. Read carefully please. Our goal it to experience sex with the right couple. His goal is to experience her together with another man and hopefully more. He would also like to get it with two women at the same time, hopefully one will be my better half. Her goal....she hasn't really said WHAT it is yet.

At one point it seems to say that you are only looking for couples then you say he wants to see her with another man - which makes me think that single males would be accepted too. You may want to clarify that, especially if the latter is not the case. From reading the rest of your profile it looks like what you may want to say is that with the right couple you may play separately, or may like to play with a couple who will play separately. I'm still confused.

Also, because the whole female bi thing is so common in swinging and it appears from your last paragraph that you are both straight, you may want to mention that earlier, like when you describe yourselves and/or what you are looking for so that those who are not interested in straight couples won't have to read all the way through your profile just to find out you aren't interested in them.

As I've posted before I'm not a big fan of pictures that don't really give much of an idea of who I'm looking at. I also prefer to see both halves of a couple pictured (even without faces) - they don't have to be identifying.

You mention that the Mrs will be out of commission for 6 to 8 weeks, it might be nice if you either post from when or about when that time will be over. Otherwise, the reader doesn't know if that 6 to 8 weeks just started is almost over.

Other than that, excellent profile.

Thanks for feedback Julie. Made the change to make more specific for time out.

We will work on getting a picture of us both that is not identifying. I just recently put that one up as public as we have always only had private pictures.

Hi All, I just set up a profile on SLS this morning and am hoping for some feedback. Please take a look: DandSOH

Thanks, D

Hi All, I just set up a profile on SLS this morning and am hoping for some feedback. Please take a look: DandSOH

Thanks, D

Hi DandS. Your profile looks great. The only two suggestions I would have are to correct a small typo (move=movie?) and to post a pic of Mr. DandS as well. The latter is just one Mr.'s and my pet peeves. If an ad states that it is a couple, and only HER pic is posted, it makes us wonder why didn't they post HIS pic, too? We just don't like the idea that someone might be trying to manipulate us into a high pressure situation. As in, using her gorgeous picture as bait, and then waiting until everyone has traveled X miles to meet them and find out that he's COMPLETELY unattractive. We just don't like 'bait' ads. Don't know why people feel the need to do this. I mean if we're incompatible, we're incompatible, and we'll find out what you look like eventually unless you plan to attend a meet-up with a bag over your head. I'm not saying this is the case with the two of you, but this is just what runs through our minds when we see ads with her pic only... or HIS pic only.

Guest smileytattoo

Thanks, D

Ditto. A pic of the Mr. would be nice, other than that it looked fine to me.

Guest smileytattoo
Let us know what you think. adventurUS on swinglifestyle.com

Well it doesn't say much. How long have you been swinging? I did like the clean pics of you both, shows what you look like really well. I would just add a little more "meat" to your profile.

Hi DandS. Your profile looks great. The only two suggestions I would have are to correct a small typo (move=movie?) and to post a pic of Mr. DandS as well. The latter is just one Mr.'s and my pet peeves. If an ad states that it is a couple, and only HER pic is posted, it makes us wonder why didn't they post HIS pic, too? We just don't like the idea that someone might be trying to manipulate us into a high pressure situation. As in, using her gorgeous picture as bait, and then waiting until everyone has traveled X miles to meet them and find out that he's COMPLETELY unattractive. We just don't like 'bait' ads. Don't know why people feel the need to do this. I mean if we're incompatible, we're incompatible, and we'll find out what you look like eventually unless you plan to attend a meet-up with a bag over your head. I'm not saying this is the case with the two of you, but this is just what runs through our minds when we see ads with her pic only... or HIS pic only.

Hey thanks for the feedback. I corrected the typo and understand the need to get a picture of the Mr out there. It's not that he is unattractive, I just dont have a recent photo of him to post...it's on my list of "to dos"...

D

Hey thanks for the feedback. I corrected the typo and understand the need to get a picture of the Mr out there. It's not that he is unattractive, I just don't have a recent photo of him to post...it's on my list of "to do's"...

D

We can certainly understand that. It's amazing how quickly we all can jump to conclusions about people by a few simple misunderstood words or over a picture. I guess it's one of the hazards of weeding through tons of fake ads to get to the real ones.

oooh oooh!!! do us! do us!!!!

NekkidHedonists on sls

:cool:

Very creative ad. My only red flag that went up was the bit about "no woman = no ticket = no admission". Maybe I'm being oversensitive, but I would get the impression that all some jerk would need is a woman - any woman - to get him through the door. I mean, having read your ad and getting a sense of who you two are, I truly doubt that you would go for that sort of thing (e.g. the part where you said you want a couple that's doing this for the fun of it, not for therapy). But there will always be some yahoo thinking that he's found a technical loophole and you may find yourselves being harassed. Maybe just reword that part. Other than that, it's a great ad!

We added some pics and received a certification...

Could someone check out our update? spoomonkey

Thanks!

Spoomonkey

Cute pics!

As always, the Spoos have expressed themselves very nicely.

Very creative ad. My only red flag that went up was the bit about "no woman = no ticket = no admission". Maybe I'm being oversensitive, but I would get the impression that all some jerk would need is a woman - any woman - to get him through the door. I mean, having read your ad and getting a sense of who you two are, I truly doubt that you would go for that sort of thing (eg: the part where you said you want a couple that's doing this for the fun of it, not for therapy). But there will always be some yahoo thinking that he's found a technical loophole and you may find yourselves being harassed. Maybe just reword that part. Other than that, it's a great ad!

Thanks Intuition - you're right - that's a great point! :)

Funky butt lovin'!!!

Yesterday when we added the pics, we had been browsed an average of 2.8 times per day since November...

Since then, we have been browsed 69 times...

Wow...

Spoomonkey

Guest Mr&Mrs-naughty

Spoos-

I LOVE the pics, but why no more of you??? c'mon, you can do it!

As far as that number of times that it has been viewed-I love that feature....we have been viewed 1390 times since January 15. That is so cool.

I LOVE the pics, but why no more of you???

I can't get the camera to cooperate... They say the camera never lies, but I can point to that picture and say, "well - it fibbed once" ;)

Spoomonkey

PS - can you reset the counter?

Funky butt lovin'!!!

Yesterday when we added the pics, we had been browsed an average of 2.8 times per day since November...

Wow...

Spoomonkey

OOPS! 26 of those times were us. :D

Looks good spoo, we obviously need to take some pictures, if we expect better results.

We added some pics and received a certification...

Could someone check out our update? spoomonkey

Thanks!

Spoomonkey

Love the pics, but I agree we need more pics of Mr Spoo

oooh oooh!!! do us! do us!!!!

NekkidHedonists on sls

:cool:

I find the scrollies a bit on the annoying side. It makes it really hard to focus on what I'm supposed to be reading.

Your description made me smile... but again it was hard to read anything under your Skittles scroll.

Rate ours please: withoutadoubt swinglifestyle.com

Please and Thanks.

Love your pics.

You may want to clarify this:

We will soft swap with the right couple, we do however, prefer encounters where all are involved. We are not a full swap couple, at least for now.
It confused me a bit. Initially reading "we will softswap with the right couple" made me think you prefer full swap... then you say you are soft swap only.

I would also suggest filling in how long you guys have been swinging, especially with the earlier statement that you are soft-swing only, if you aren't newbies people need to know that.

Out of 10? You guys get a 9... but it would've been a 10 if you guys lived closer :) Very appealing ad.

We absolutely loved yours as well, actually made us laugh a few times, which is always a huge plus... too bad ya'll didn't live closer :sad:

Love your pics.

Thanks

You may want to clarify this:

It confused me a bit. Initially reading "we will softswap with the right couple" made me think you prefer full swap... then you say you are soft swap only.

I would also suggest filling in how long you guys have been swinging, especially with the earlier statement thatyou are soft-swing only, if you aren't newbies people need to know that.

Thank you Julie we went ahead and fixed it withoutadoubt swinglifestyle.com

I find the scrollies a bit on the annoying side. It makes it really hard to focus on what I'm supposed to be reading.

Your description made me smile... but again it was hard to read anything under your Skittles scroll.

thanks Julie!!!

We updated our profile with a public pic, which all of you have seen a smaller version of, and an explanation of our hidden picture. Thanks for the suggestions. Maybe we can get certified sometime in late May. ;)

randp Our profile

Good Times, A very well written profile and a great picture of the Mrs. :D

D

Funky butt lovin'!!!

Wow...

Spoomonkey

Where can you find the number of people looking at your profile per day?

Is this a perk for only paid members and not for the cheap folks who have free ads, like myself? :o