937 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you swing?

• Haven't yet
    • Tried it a few times, but not regularly
    • A few times a year
    • Once a month or so
    • Every weekend, baby!
    • Taking a break right now

We haven't been in the lifestyle but just a year and being selective doesn't help with the quantity of times. But we've had some sort of Sex with other couples at least twice a month last summer, and almost every party we've gone to during this winter. So really it's up to our schedule and if We make a party or not.

Since the 1st of the year, we've been too busy to go to anywhere socially, so I guess we're taking a break also.

Geo & Eva

No, we don't swing alone.

During the summer when we are with our friends it is at least once a week sometimes twice :) .

During the Fall through Spring we are lucky to get together once a month due to work, school events and our kids schedules.

However during Spring Break we alternate between a ski vacation in Wyoming and a beach vacation in the Caribbean ... then we make up for lost time :facelick:

We have found that our swinging frequency has varied wildly. One year we had two different stretches when we were swinging with a couple or a group on 10 consecutive weekends! Other years it has been only 3 or 4 times in the entire year.

People's lives involve a lot more things than just swinging. Work related issues, children's issues, elderly parent issues, and health issues can all steal your time and leave you less interested in swinging than at times when everything is going well for you.

So there will be hot stretches full of much sex and many partners, and cold stretches when very little is going on.

We have also on several occasions taken an extended break from swinging. This usually happens when we discover that we are actually having sex more with others than with each other. When that happens, we pull back and focus on devoting more time to our OWN relationship. Then we get back into swinging on a less frequent basis.

This year it's been about once every four to six weeks, which is great, interspersed with "regular" dating.

It's been all work and little play for the past two months though, so I'm looking forward to a little "relaxation" in January/February. :o

By then I think I'll be much like Beetlejuice: "I'm feelin' a little anxious, if ya know what I mean ..." ;)

The wife and I have been playing off and on for many years. In about 10 years we have been involved in two FFM and two MMF (with the same guy). We go to a lifestyles club in our area about once every 3-4 months. Last weekend (Friday) we went to this club, had a fantastic time, and decided to go back on Saturday. Saturday night we met a great couple, they invited us to a nearby hotel and we greatly enjoyed our first foursome and our first fullswap. In 10 years we have averaged one experience for every two years, with the later being the most memorable. It's always been understood that we will only play when the wife is truly comfortable and that is a great arrangement, even if it's only once every two years....How often do you and your Spouse/Boyfriend/Girlfriend engage in swinging activity?

We aren't in hot pursuit of extramarital sex anymore. We're too busy!

We've decided to definitely take advantage of opportunities that might come our way.... but we're not aggressively seeking any at this time. We're pretty lucky though, if we want an opportunity to find us- we don't have to look that hard. :lol:

We're pretty active and sort of hit our stride at the end of last year. Then again, we've been through slumps before so we know those are always around the corner...

I voted for twice a month. That's been the average for us since October.

Right now, though, we are taking a break probably until March :sad:

Spoomonkey

We are starting our third year of swinging. We did just a little in '03, no full swap, so not counting that.

We actively pursued experiences in '04, including many mfm's .. we probably averaged some sort of experience once a week, either an mfm or couple ... and there were a few times where we did more than once a week. During '04 she has 20 different men and most of them more than once.

'05 was much more sporadic ... we only played six times, and all but one was mfm.

We've not decided yet what '06 is going to be.

I voted once a month as that's how often we go to the dances. We don't always hook-up, but that's how often we go out to play :)

Brett

I voted twice a month as that is about average, but like others have said some months we have more and some not at all.

Thank you all for your reply's and votes...The wife and I are just wondering how "in to" the lifestyle other couples are....While we thoroughly enjoy all of playing we have done and will do we are not trying to make it our "lifestyle". We are just trying to spice things up and have some fun.....

I would say that for us it's hard to say exactly, since when we started out, we just did softswing a couple of times. With our 3rd couple, we just clicked and have been with them at least once (sometimes twice) a weekend since then, other than when we have absolute schedule conflicts. I wonder if that is normal for just starting out. I feel like I would do it even more if we all had the time...

Ms LD

I voted once a month even though it can be more or less. The dances are once a month and we usually play then. HOwever we have a small child which limits our free time, and in the winter hubby is on call 24/7 to do snow removal so it is hard to make any plans in advance.

In the beginning we were 24/7. We either had a "date" or went to a club every weekend and spent at least a couple of hours a day chatting online, scanning the ads, and answering emails. Now it is only when the situation is right.

Usually we swing every three weeks on the average. But it sometimes is more and sometimes less. After New Years 2005 we didn't swing at all until about March, then not again until May, but then allot from then on. It just depends on other stuff going on in our life at the time. It hasn't been for lack of opportunity when we go awhile between occurances, just life getting in the way of living.

Mr. WS

We average about once a month. We would play more but life just gets in the way... :sad:

It won't be long before the children are off to college though... :D

We have small children and demanding jobs so we play on average every other month. Not easy making time because something always seems to come up at the last minute with us. We are trying though.

Mr. Mitzi

When I was a Couple, we used to swing about once a month, but we'd meet prospective intimates whenever was mutually convenient, just to test compatibility & attraction. That was for drinks, dinner, dancing, visiting, etc. about once a week. If there was a spontaneous acceptance by all of us, we would "hop-to" immediately; but usually, getting together required scheduling by both couples. Singles, however, were much easier to get together with, since they usually plan to "get the job done" as soon as the door opens. Ha Ha. Jeok

We haven't done it yet but we are exicited about our first time. Finding an honest couple has been a challenge. Any advice or suggestions would be great. Or if any one is from the New Jersey area and looking for a real married sensual couple to play with and have fun by all means contact us.

We are usually doing lifestyle related things everyday, be it emails, im'ing with couples or doing posts on here. As for actually meeting other couples we save that for the weekends. We are the exception not the rule as we love the lifestyle and live it pretty much everyday.

Unfortunately due to work schedules we don't all three get to come out to play as much as we would like. But we consider ourselves pretty much full time in the lifestyle.

The Other Mrs. Menage.......

Lately we have been going to clubs every week! That is out of the ordinary for us but we're loving it every chance we get!

We play, on average, twice a week. There have been a few weeks where we have squeezed in three dates and some weeks we just need to breathe and sleep, lol. My husband is in the middle of getting his Masters and working fukl time. I stay home, so I obviousloy have more energy to play than he does.

Aimee

OK, we are total sluts.

We are typically every weekend and sometimes a little rendezvous in between too. We are to a point were we are meeting far less new friends and just playing with the ones we already know.

We have never been to an on-premise club and have only done the group thing once (after the 8th, the group thing should go to twice :) )

We were both each others firsts so I guess we are just enjoying our new found (5 months) sexual freedom. :fun:

Seems like it has been forever since the last time

:(:mad:

:rolleyes:

:hahaha:

OH WELL

JEOK

We have no schedule in our swinging. A lot depends on our schedule of life-like job, family, other obligations. Swinging for us is not on a schedule-like we swing Saturdays at a club-and then don't swing again till the next club time.

Swinging depends on the Couples we meet-and how that goes-we like to get to know them-and they us-and when the swinging happens-the sex is tremendous.

So-no schedule for us-when it happens-it happens-and Wow is it fun!

Ever since we started our show it seems like we have been playing nearly every week!

Allie is currently under the weather so we'll be taking a break for a while. Once every couple of months was our old frequency meter. Not counting our trip to Desire, then it was like every day!

John and Allie

Before the kids came along we went to parties up to twice a month and played almost every time. After our 4 year old was born we partied maybe once every couple of months, then quit all together while we were trying to get(and while we were) pregnant. It has only been 6 weeks since our second daughter was born so we have not gotten back into it, and for that matter, not sure WHEN we will. But, ONCE A SWINGER, ALWAYS A SWINGER.

We seem to be in the same "boat" as a lot of you. With kids, Work, Life in general and other financial obligations, we don't seem to get out and party as much as we used to. Until a few months ago we were partying about twice a month, IF my work schedule premitted. But we've just purchased a new home and have been spending every spare moment remodeling it. So, for the last 3 months we haven't been able to swing at all. I honestly think you can see the "itch" in both of our faces. WE NEED TO PARTY!!!!!!

Mr. Upst8

Not near enough. An old Pennsy dutch saying comes to mind. "Too soon old, too late smart". If only we had gotten into the lifestyle when we were younger before the kids. To answer the question it seems once every six months or so.. We would like it at least once a month.

We swing almost every weekend. We have several couples that we have bonded with and we try to see each other at least once a month if not more.

The wife also play separately.. I would but have yet to find a real live women that will actually play with a married man. :sad:

I more or less enjoy hanging out there. As for the swing part, i have a few couples that i would like to get to know better and have not made the move. I have had oral performed on me and have given, but that is about all. I have not made a move because my fiance is'nt sure one day if this is the couple for us and then he's like lets ask them, so we are between couples that we both can agree on. :cool:

Just moved, but I'm hoping for at least once a month... found a new playmate out here who is cute as a button and thinks we're just awesome. Before I moved I had a regular partner that I saw 2-3 times a week... much to my exhaustion...

The sad truth be told, not often at all!

When my wife and I were dating and even when we were first married, we met others about a few times per month. Mostly by association through events, social connections, etc.... We never did frequent swing clubs or house parties or the like.

Unfortunately, due to "kids and careers", she slowly reverted back to her conservative Catholic upbringing and everything eventually came to a halt.

I think it's been about six to eight years since we did something together. :sad:

We are still very much in love and committed to each other and our family. She is, after all, my best friend.

It would seem that her interest was more of a "phase" where as mine was simply a "way of life"?

As for the second part of the initial question, "swinging alone"; yes - I have in the past. I haven't been active for a few years now myself.

I have just recently (as evidenced by my rather long posting a sub-section of the "personals" area - even though there isn't really any "personals" there at all!) renewed my search...

As a man without his wife/partner however, I know I will probably be quickly stereotyped and overlooked by many possible new partners. Oh' well, that's just the way life goes!

Thanks for the great question/poll!

Keith

Once per month as an average. At first it was every weekend and from 4 hours to 10 hours, depending on wheather we spent the night or not. After 5 years, we have slowed down. And always as a couple. I'm afraid that you would read about finding my severed penis being found on the side of the road, if I cheated. I do replay the best of our sessions in my mind several times a day.

Not very often, better said, perhaps not as often as we'd like. Being relatively new combined with selectivity hasn't produced many opportunities. Once every couple months seems to be our average to date.

We have a monthly house party we've started attending. That's awesome as far as cost goes. A $20 door fee and a very strong chance of getting some action. We're batting 1000 at the house parties so far. :D

I'm usually home every other weekend with my job. We're up for Saturday night dates every time I'm home, but scheduling has made that a hit and miss proposition. If we could work out scheduling we'd meet someone every other weekend. facelick

Another thread got me thinking... how often do you normally swing? On an average, of course. I did a search, thinking that this thread MUST exist, but I either suck at doing searches, or it hasn't been asked?? I found 'how often do you want to swing to be satisfied' but not 'how often do you actually play'!

So... how often do you swing/play? If you attend swing club parties or meet & greets and end up playing only with your spouse/SO, I'd still consider that as a 'try' anyway, so it would be counted. If you are single and go to a swing club or meet & greet and don't hook up - it's still a 'try', however if you hit a vanilla club and don't hook up I wouldn't count it! Does that make sense?

Thanks! I'm looking forward to your answers!

Sarah

If you attend swing club parties or meet & greets and end up playing only with your spouse/SO, I'd still consider that as a 'try' anyway, so it would be counted.

That would seriously skew my response, so I am just going to go with actual play experiences. We can be at the clubs 6-7 times a month - since we work at one.

But - when life is "normal" I'd have to say twice a month. We have some regular friends and when we do go to the club without a "date" we have a lot of luck connecting. It can be more - it can less. Right now - we are probably out of the loop for a while since I am recovering from surgery...

Mrs Spoo and I think letting another playmate see my surgical tape would be too intimate, so we keep that between the two of us ;)

Sexy, huh?

I'd say we are pretty comfortable with our frequency.

Spoomonkey

It varies, sometimes it's 2 - 3 times a month, others once or not at all. It really depends on what else is going on in our life because for us, swinging is part of our life, but is not our life.

Mr. WS

Right now, once every three months or so ... we're still "new" and still trying to find more permanent friends. Interviews are nice, tho ;)

Interviews are nice, tho ;)

Totally agree!

One of the perks of the lifestyle is the excuse to go out and eat now and then ;)

Spoomonkey

The summer was jam packed with excitement. And then ..... as soon as school started, it seems the door slammed shut in our face. A monthly graph of our activity would look like a phalic symbol, April and May being the scrotum, June and July being .... well, you know, and from August on flatlining toward the bellybutton of December. :lol: Just use your imagination here folks. I would say that averaging the peaks and valleys would make it nearly once a week. Sheesh, no wonder I'm tired! Oh well, tomorrow is another day, full of potential and promise. In the lifestyle, you take things as they come, and never worry about the woulda/coulda of life. Hell, I have my Muffy, I have more than most poor saps could ever dream of. At least to hear what some of those poor saps that IM us have to say. :violin::lol:

Chip (in reflective mode here) :rolleyes:

Hard to pick a catagory. We had a few years of swinging about once or twice a month, then family happened, now it's only once or twice a year. We hope to get back to a 'busy' schedule next year.

Mrs. Lake

Right now, once every three months or so ... we're still "new" and still trying to find more permanent friends. Interviews are nice, tho ;)

This is us to a tee, also!!

I also have to agree about the interviews! :)

We are averaging about every other month right now, but winter should bring some extra play time for us. We hope to get a few more playdates scheduled very soon!

Sarah

Had to pick "every 3 months", because every 2 months wasn't available and 3 months was more honest than every month. We don't have the permanent "friends" or the circle of friends others talk about at this point. Perhaps we'll work a bit harder on that after the holidays.

R.

I'm with rpu3 and voted every three months because it is more honest than every month. We go to the club at least three weekends out of the month but we have become pickier about our playmates the longer we have been in the lifestyle. So while we enjoy going to search out potential partners we really only play about once every two months.