JustAskJulie

Would you swing with a couple that has a huge age gap?

Would you swing with a couple who has an age difference of 10 years or more?  

460 members have voted

1. 1. Would you swing with a couple who has an age difference of 10 years or more?

• Sure, no problem, I/We would swing with them.
    • Maybe but probably not if it's an older woman.
    • Maybe, but probably not if it's an older man.
    • No.

We would have no problem whatsoever about swinging with a couple who are significantly younger than we are. We are both in our 60s and do most of our swinging with a group of couples in our own age bracket (55 to 65). From time to time we do swing outside of our group, usually when we are on vaction. If we find an attractive and compatible couple their age is not a factor. For example when we were at Caliente last spring we got chatting in the hot tub with a couple in their mid-30s. After some exploratory chat we realised that we were all swingers. We got on well and arranged to meet later for drinks and dinner. After dinner they invited us back to the condo they had rented for the week and we played for a couple of hours. We got together twice more before they left. We have to say that it is quite flattering if a much younger couple expresses an interest in us - it shows there is still life in the old folks yet!

shouldn't make a difference if both parties can perform, unless someone just has a problem with older people. this is a reason that keeps me from posting or speaking out; is my age, people tend to think they we should be staying home

It depends on if they look old. The actual age is just a number, but looks are important. I don't mind an older man, but not if he looks like he is old enough to be my grandfather, I'm not interested. He would never be with a woman that looked old enough to be his grandmother.

Night Goddess, my first husband was 13 years my senior. The one and only time I thought it was an issue was in a restaurant. Mind you, I never thought I looked tremendously younger than he, but that night, apparently the star were aligned. The waitress came up to the table, turned to him after he'd ordered a drink, and said "and what will your daughter be having?". I just chuckled into my water over it.

As far as swinging and an age difference? The chrono age of a person is the very LAST thing we look at. Their maturity, their carriage, their personalities and the chemistry we have with them will always rank first. We've never cared how old someone is, but how young (or old) they act. If a 40-year-old is acting like they are still in junior high, we already know that it isn't going to work out. And when we meet them in person, after "meeting" them online, they'd better be the same people, lmao. That always scares me far more than their age! :-)

It is just difficult to judge other people by their age alone.An age difference might be an advantage and not a disadvantage.At the end of the day it could depend on their personality and attitude and this could really count .

We have no problem playing with anyone within 10 years moving up or down from us...based solely on that. Up to 20 years can work... but being honest anything above that probably won't work for us. As many have stated, all other things being equal, whether or not we find them sexually attractive is much more important. Out of respect for their wishes, we never contact anyone whose stated age range we happen to be out of..just as we don't contact anyone else who has a stated preference that we don't fit. We figure if they are interested it's up to them to indicate that they choose to make an exception to their stated preference.

One thing we have found happens with depressing regularity is when couples from various ad sites we are on that we run into at Meet n Greets etc that have no problem trying to get with us after meeting us in person. We've been asked "Are you guys on _____?...we've never seen your profile" - we usually just shrug our shoulders and change the subject. But we know that the reason is that when they search profiles, they either have our age group filtered out so it doesn't come up in the results or they see the age and don't even click on the profile. And, sorry, the "You don't look that old" thing gets less flattering everytime it's heard. :rollseye:

Guest winnme

no problem my hubby is 19 years old then i am and we play with couple of all ages some couples don't think he is as old as he is we are talking 52 and 33 here and love it

well lets see... i'm 30.. and most of my play mates and best friends are in there 50 or 60's .. heheheh i'm sub and my dom is 60.... i hate that some or most that see me with older give me that why are you with him look. now days i tell others that if you don't want to play with someone cus they are older then hell more fun for me... i'll go see them. it's those people that miss out on the experiance that the older ones have and how much pleasure they give. it's an older friend that got it where i'm squirting again.. after yrs of not being able to.. i tell most everyone that askes about age.. to think about what they might be missing.. true.. you might find one or two that you don't like playing with.. then just tell them hey... we don't mesh and good luck after.. but think about the ones that will please you to the extreem and have you craving more. hehehe mmmmmmmmmmmmmm i know i do.

We never really had a problem playing with a couple 10 years older the us, but I do have a problem if they are my parents age, which is close to 30 years older, but then again if they are both hot and don't look there age we probably would but what is the likelihood of that.

We never really had a problem playing with a couple 10 years older the us, but I do have a problem if they are my parents age, which is close to 30 years older, but then again if they are both hot and don't look there age we probably would but what is the likelihood of that.

Agreed.........there are limits. But hot is hot. Men and ladies alike. If your in shape and attractive age shows no limits.

As both my husband and I are both 29, playing with someone 10 years younger, would never happen. For me they would be just to young, they could possibly still be in high school. Ten years older, no problem.

Le sigh, I love older men. I try to date 35+, so swinging with older than that is absolutely wonderful for me. My fantasy would be MFM with two 45+ yr old men. Mm.

Guest mysticon

I have no problem with it, my "playmate" is close to 30 years older than me; I'm 32 and he's in his mid or late 50's. I just probably wouldn't go beyond someone who was 60, or at least not much; once they start to get closer to their 70's- I think of my grand dad LOL

Guest thewriter

All I can say is age is just a number

Ok, speaking on a subject near and dear to us we would never have a problem being with a couple who has a significant age gap since we ARE that couple. I am 11 years younger than the wife, which is already an anomaly even in vanilla relationships, so finding others with a similar situation would be a plus especially a younger man/older woman dynamic. It would allow both of us to get our fix. The more common younger woman/older man would be ok though as long as the opposing scales were close to our ages since we both have our limits to how young or old we will go regardless of gender.

• Like 1

Guest thewriter

No sex is not about age nether is love. Swinging is about you and your partner enjoying yourselves and enjoying the other couple.

The worst sex is the sex you never have. Never have bad sex.

We are mature (just turned sixty) and have enjoyed many younger couples. Age never entered into the equation.... It was all about attraction. At first we never sought younger couples, thinking that our age was a issue. We were approached by some forty somethings and it was off to the races.

I don't know that age matters with us much either...now MOSES is pushing it, but I am 29 and she is 26.

We are close, but I like Maureen O'hara in the 60's and now...and she likes Sean Connery.

Go figure

Maureen O'Hara dude... Alright?

Marie Osmond in those commercials Fuckin aye!

We have an age gap in the fifteen-year range (I'm closer to 35, her closer to 50), but most would guess we're of similar age, within five. One of the couples we play with, both partners are closer to her age. The other, more or less the reverse: I think the man is a little younger than her, the woman a little younger than me. We've also done MFM with a single male closer to my age.

So this is a "no problem" for sure.

"It depends."

Lame answer, I know. Babe has a narrower range of "acceptable ages" than I do. As a result, if we were to meet an older woman who had presence, personality, and was "still in looks" who was with a younger man they would not automatically be out of the running. It would boil down to whether or not they were comfortable together and we were attracted to them.

If its an older man with a younger woman, it would depend on just how old he was. Anyone more than ten years older than Babe is going to run afoul of her psychological block irrespective of how old his lady is or isn't. By that same token, I strongly prefer women who are at least into their late 20's, with women from 30-55 being most appealing to me. Is she 20 and he's 50? Because while she may not be too young for him, she may be too young for me!

The real question is: do you have four people who are hot for one another? If so, age is mostly a number. That said, one of the couples we are chatting with consists of a 38 year old woman and a 52 year old man. Their 14 year difference doesn't bother us .

• Like 1

Maybe... But just from the question I don't know the fictional couple. My husband is 10 years older than me. So we typically go with 5 years younger than me or 5 years older than him which gives us a 20 year age window. That saves me from 60 year olds (currently) and hopefully prevents him from going all gaga over a 25 year old... He had that already, me?

Likely. As long as we felt their relationship was solid and built on the right reasons, we wouldn't have a problem at all. If it was some sort of "sugar daddy" dynamic or something like that going on, then we wouldn't be comfortable it.