curious24

How and where did you meet your partner?

We think we first met when I was sent to her restaurant to repair the dishwasher. No connection.

A couple of weeks later, my neighbor and best friend's wife got a job there. Very soon afterward, she was visiting my friends; We were "enjoying life", my friends had to leave, and we were left to watch the rugrats. She liked some of my assets, and vice versa...It was the 80's, we began to get together. Open relationship from the start, but we clicked personality wise. We kind of drifted into a living together thing, moved in with an apparently bi-sexual lesbian and her friend, and the rest is unwritten history (I'm in HEAVEN, Man!). I've been much more active as far as the open side (she's very picky, I'm just horny) but she's had her fun, and I've found that while I like my fun, I'm insatiable when SHE's having fun. Know what I mean?

Sadly, menopause has short circuited her libido. She still says I can have fun, but after our first swing, if she's not getting any, I generally don't have the desire. Guess I love her.

OK, Curious, maybe this will help. We met in college, and I know lots of folks who have met their SO in college. I was somewhat older of a student (I think 28 or 30... I forget) and it took a while, but the dating scene in college can be quite active. And these days, there are people of all ages in college and junior college. Also, joining college clubs while there taking a course is a good idea... I don't mean getting on the men's softball team, obviously. But, let's say a book review club. In fact, that might be a good idea even if you don't take a class. There are book clubs for adults. Maybe ask the library if they can suggest where to look. And maybe join more than one club at a time.

The perfume does it for me. I smell that and the wife goes uh ohh! :)

Oh my goodness, that thing is tied to pheromones or something!!!

I have no idea what it is about Eternity for men, but wow. ::P:

We met on the Internet and didn't like each other much at first. But, with some time half approached the other and we began speaking. Eventually, we met and started courting one another then things blossomed into something serious. Now we are in the process of trying to bridge the 2 hour gap between us so that we can both reside in the DC Metro.

One evening a few years ago, while quite bored and surfing the net, I decided to click on a Yahoo Personal's link for entertainment. I was cruising the pictures of available males to see if any of them were guys I knew, when I happened upon a face shot of man with the most gorgeous bright blue eyes I had ever seen. I just stared at his face and literally thought to myself, "OMG! He is the one!". I had an overwhelming desire to contact him. I didn't have a Yahoo personals account and the only way I could contact him was to create one. I remember thinking to myself I was nuts, but I had to do this as I created an account, downloaded messenger, and sent him a quick message. All of this was entirely out of character for me and I was shaking as I did it. I don't remember what his personal ad said or what my original message to him was, but both worked their magic. Jr and I have been happily "torturing" each other ever since. :kissface:

Guest MrsVan

MrVan and I met at a local club on New Year's Eve. I had been seperated from my husband at the time for about a year and we were working on a divorce. My sister in law at the time and her boyfriend had forced me to go out for the evening with them that night and I gave in. We get to the club and had a really great time however I was feeling like the third wheel. I had noticed MrVan throughout the evening checking me out and looking my way with that amazing smile that he has. :D I left to go to the bathroom and he comes up to the couple I was with and asked if I was with anyone. They said no but said I was married. When I came back they told me that MrVan had asked about me and what they had said and I was like "I am out to have a good time, I can dance with him" well he came back over and we danced into the New Year.

It was the best evening of my life and I found the man of my dreams. We have been together now for 8 years and married for almost 4. I am so glad that MrVan came over and asked me to dance.

I can see that MrsVan spared me the quote that she normally likes to give folks that was my "pick up" line. :D Later she asked me what attracted me to her that evening and well I was honest. I told her that she stood out like a sore thumb. Now, in my defense, the two of us were about the only single people at the club. :lol: She looked super hot that evening and I was really disappointed when the lady said she was married...I figured well just my luck.

J. and I actually met online. I was goofing around on Yahoo one night (occassionally I do that just to excise the flirting demons, if you will) and I asked if anyone was from my area. J. responded that he was. We started chatting. Chatted for about a month. Then chatted/talked on the phone for another month. Then he invited me to his house after work one night. I was scared. All the guys from work kept yelling at me for being stupid...just taking off to some strange guys house to hang out. Well, I had the night of my life. We sat up chatting until 6am (I had to work at 8am!). Then we went putt-putt golfing the next day after work. That was over 3 years ago.

I realized today when I got home after being gone for 5 days that I couldn't live my life anymore without him. (Well - I COULD, but it'd suck). He is my soulmate and my best friend and nothing has ever felt as nice as coming home and being in his arms again.

Guest MrsVan
I can see that MrsVan spared me the quote that she normally likes to give folks that was my "pick up" line. :D Later she asked me what attracted me to her that evening and well I was honest. I told her that she stood out like a sore thumb. Now, in my defense, the two of us were about the only single people at the club. :lol: She looked super hot that evening and I was really disappointed when the lady said she was married...I figured well just my luck..

-Van

OOps! I did forget about his pickup line :lol: and the fact that when we showed up for our first date together he was scared to death that I would not be what he was looking for. But I guess I passed the test because I am still around and I have given him no reason now to be disappointed.

Amy and I met in college, and we were each other's back up plan. I had one date scheduled on Friday and her on Saturday. She had two dates planned on Friday (what a slut ;) ) and me on Saturday. Her dates both cancelled as did mine. We decided to go ahead and go out since we didn't have anything better to do. We really didn't like each other that much.

Well, the date went better than expected, and we were engaged 3 months later, married 6 months after that, and twelve years later, we are the happiest we've ever been!

Guest MrsVan
Oh come one... what was the line????

It wasn't really a pickup line but after we continued to date I had asked him what made him pick me out in the crowd that night...and he said " you stood out like a sore thumb" :lol: with a smile on his face....Because I was the only woman there with another couple he said that I was more noticeable...And he didn't catch on then??? :D

MrsVan

It wasn't really a pickup line but after we continued to date I had asked him what made him pick me out in the crowd that night...and he said " you stood out like a sore thumb" :lol: with a smile on his face....Because I was the only woman there with another couple he said that I was more noticeable...And he didn't catch on then??? :D

MrsVan

Well, it couldn't have been that bad of a pickup line if you are still together, it worked! :lol:

We met in a chat room the day the TN Vols won the national championship (football). We had so much in common right away. We talked for 2 weeks on chat and on the phone, then in person. We married 9 months later and have been blissfully happy for 8 1/2 years.

He is my soulmate and we were destined to be together. I'm thankful every day that he bought a computer instead of a boat.

We met on match.com. I had an ad up off and on for about a year; I pulled it down because I just got tired of dealing with it (not that much different for all of us maintaining ads on swinger sites -- LOL). Then match charged me another month, so I made my ad "active" again since it was paid for.

I got an email from a faceless man who obviously took the time to read my ad and just didn't say "you're hot baby" -- he made reference to my favorite author. We emailed and chatted online for less than a week, and he asked me out for brunch. The night before, we emailed each other about time/location/etc. and I realized I still hadn't seen his picture. I asked, "are you really going to make this a blind date for me?" and he answered, "On the beauty scale, I'm somewhere inbetween Dennis Franz and Brad Pitt. So if you'll risk being seen in public with an ugly guy, the mimosas are on me."

I emailed him back and said, "you slay me, but I'm a sucker for a mimosa. See you tomorrow at 11:00."

We met again the next Wednesday for drinks after work. He walked me to the car and asked me if he could kiss me. He pulled me tight and gave me the most fabulous kiss I've ever gotten in my LIFE. The next day, I told my girlfriends, "if this man kisses below the belt as well as he did my lips, I'm in serious trouble."

I'm digging the "trouble" that I'm in. And I can still vividly remember that kiss.

Freshman year of college. A friend of mine introduced us. No sparks on either side, but we liked each other as hang-out buddies. A year of being completely open and relaxed around each other (because hey, we didn't like each other "that way" so not trying to impress), he started getting interested in more but I didn't know it. He left for the summer and I realized I REALLY missed him, and over the next few weeks of letters and calls, we figured out we might be onto something. We got married 3 years later, at age 22.

That was 12 years ago. Yep, we were DEFINITELY onto something! :)

I think we can beat all of the posts that I have read, thus far..... :rolleyes:

We met 39 years ago in High School, when her best friend (whom I was dating at the time) bet us we wouldn't go out with each other! That is the *only* bet I have ever won, but it pays off an incredible rate of return every day and I have *never* regretted taking the bet! :D

Mr.Blue and I met when we were 17, at a summer party at a mutual friends house. I had been banned from seeing this mutual friend, and had snuck out to see her, and go swimming with them. My parents were a little strict, and thought everyone I knew was a bad influence (it wasn't true, I think I was the bad influence). Mr.Blue was there, she had invited him to set us up, and now we have been together for almost 5 years, and engaged for 1 1.5, waiting to be able to afford getting married!

We meant thru a personal ad. :D I placed a personal ad in my local paper for friendship after my first marriage ended. He answered the ad. We talked and realized that we grew up in the same town, had mutual friends, and never met. Then we both moved 600 miles to another state, and two hours from each other, and it took a personal ad to get us together...been together for 12 years, married for 10, so it's all good! :lol:

I (Bud) had gone thru a traumatic divorce.

A true friend (I'll call him D) helped me out by talking and keeping me company, taking me out for a drink etc.

I knew that he was seeing an Oriental girl and I had met her on occasion.

Around 6 months or so after my divorce he said "I think you're ready to meet some new people and some new girls in particular. You're head's finally back on now. You think you're head's been on all the time, but it hasn't. It is now though, at last. There's a party you should come to tonight".

I went to the party (wondering what had he been talking about?). There were a load of guys there that I knew who all said things like "welcome back, u been gone too long". I guessed, rightly, that they were all referring not to my physical, but rather to my mental absence beforehand.

I also met a lot of ladies. I met a lot of caucasion but even more Asian/Oriental ladies. It was an Oriental celebration party and was filled predominantly with Oriental people. In common with many caucasion guys, it had never occurred to me how I might approach an Oriental girl (desire it though we might). Before long however and once they knew that I was one of D's friends, they spoke and treated me no different to how a caucasion lady would.

"Jeez" I remember thinking, "they're normal". I had previously thought Asian and particularly Oriental people to be entirely alien to me.

There were a lot of beautiful ladies of all ages, sizes and (believe it or not) hair colours. I can't speak for the Oriental guys though. Then again (barring Bruce Lee) make a list of attractive Oriental guys for me by morning!

Of all the ladies there, one kept attracting my attention. She was beautiful, vivacious, funny, madcap (the life and soul of the party) and out of my league.

I tried once or twice to engage her in conversation, but she was in such demand by the rest of the congregation (when she joined any crowd they all immediately seemed to stop talking and look to her and to take her lead. If she went to the dance floor, they followed. If she stayed talking, they stayed talking). In short, she was totally captivating.

I observed her speaking with & being hugged and kissed (in a paternal - yer rite - way) by many men, but there didn't appear to be A MAN in particular.

In spite of this, I could no more keep her attention than could any of the others.

In almost desperation, as the party ended and the bar closed and we were being slowly but surely moved outside by the DoorStaff, I grabbed a barmaid and begged for a pen and a piece of paper. She obliged and I scribbled my name and phone number down and fought my way through her admirers to (paternally - lol) kiss her goodnight. As I did so, I pressed my details into her hand. "Phone me" I said.

Two weeks later, she did.

She told me she'd gone home that night and wondered at the guy who had, she felt, actually "ordered" her to phone him rather than the usual "requests" she got. In a fit of fuckyou pique, she had thrown my number in her waste-basket. Two weeks later though and at a loose end one Sunday afternoon she had remembered me and the number. Not a little intrigued and in the mood for a challenge, she had gone to her waste paper basket and emptied at least 2 weeks of debris over her bedroom floor and hunted thru it until she found my number (only a girl could have not emptied her waste paper basket in over 2 weeks, lol).

The rest is history. The rest is the future.

Mr. LFM and I met on a blind date. Mutual friends set us up. I really disliked the jerky person he was that night. He was drunk and loud and just plain obnoxious. He bit me on the ass at a party, pushed me into a furnace which burnt my hands and after he sobered up a little, asked when we could go out together. He was a :dncdick: in my eyes. A big one. :ass:

The next day, he called (collect) to apologize and ask for another date. I accepted because I was VERY jaded with men and in reality, it was a free dinner and a free movie. this time, he stood me up. :ass::rolleyes::ass: Four hours later, he knocks on the door apologizing that he was branding (calves) and he'd lost track of time and Blah, blah, blah... He musta been sincere since he drove 55 miles to my apartment from his bunkhouse. It was damn near midnight when he got there, and then he turned around and drove back home. Strike two! :storm:

Third time was a charm. He showed up on time, dressed in his best Sunday go meeting duds and was the utmost gentleman in the world. Still quite leary of his motives, I was quite standoffish, but I had one of the best times of my life. :)

3 weeks later, we were married. We've been married for close to 23 years now and he is truly, without a doubt, the most absolute, positive, wonderful thing that has ever happened to me. The topper? I asked him to marry me. :) Best four words I've ever spoken. :):drool:

We met in high school after I moved to Florida. He had a girlfriend and they broke up right before Valentine's day. Actually at the school dance. He looked down and I asked him to dance. Whoa, at 17 I felt so at home in his arms. Unreal. Not to mention the racing heart. And I had asked him just to be nice. He called me the next morning before noon and asked me out. That was Feb. 13th and on the one that just passed we celebrated 25 years since that date.

We went on three dates in three months. Graduation was around the corner and I was headed to college at UT. My shy boyfriend hadn't given me any indication of where he wanted us to be and so...I broke up with him. By graduation I had an engagement ring on my finger. I tell people I tried to throw him back and he wouldn't shake off the hook.

Seems he had asked God if I was the one for him (I hadn't done that...shame on me) and got an affirmative answer. Therefore, he wasn't letting me go. He took me and all the baggage I came with. I thank God every day for him.

We were married two years later. It's been a great journey full of heartache and adventure. All the best things in life.

We met on the courthouse square at night in a small town in north Texas, its where all the kids that had a set of wheels hangout on friday nights. When i met her there i ask if she wanted to cruse the drag and maybe head off to the lake. She said sure lets go, so i opened the driverside door on my 57 chevy rod and she hoped in the middle and we took off. Before we got to the spillway, she allready had her hand on my right leg. When i stoped at the waters edge and killed the rod, she said lets go skinny dipping. We striped and jumped in and played all night. Two weeks later we were married, that was in 1978.

We met our first semester in college. I was 18 and he was 19. Within weeks, I had moved into his dorm room (which wasn't allowed, of course). We were engaged within two months and married in two more. People thought we were insane and that it would never last because it all happened so fast and we were so young. We truly have one of the best marriages that we know of and it's been almost 17 years. As much as I feel we are compatible, I realize that we were just plain lucky, too. We basically grew up with each other and I'm so glad that we've grown together instead of apart like so many couples who marry young.

My wife found me on Match.com. We chatted for a bit then had our first date at local restaurant. Six months later we moved in together. I had just finalized a divorce after being married 25 years. We were married April of 2008, and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with her.

We met our first semester in college. I was 18 and he was 19. Within weeks, I had moved into his dorm room (which wasn't allowed, of course). We were engaged within two months and married in two more. People thought we were insane and that it would never last because it all happened so fast and we were so young. We truly have one of the best marriages that we know of and it's been almost 17 years. As much as I feel we are compatible, I realize that we were just plain lucky, too.

You sound very similar to us, Tracey. We met in the army (we were both helicopter mechanics,) and were introduced by a mutual friend. We met in October, first date in November, moved in together in January, and married that March. That was 20 years ago (soon to be 21.) Everyone thought we were insane too - especially her sister.

We weren't young (I was 26 and she was 35,) but it all happened so fast that everyone thought we'd be split up within 2 years. We've been lucky as well, but we really work on our relationship. It hasn't always been easy for either of us, but neither of us would have it any other way.

We met and dated in higschool over 19 years ago. Then we married the wrong ones, and found each other again 13 years ago. Have been inseparable ever since!

HAHA

My "meeting my boyfriend" story is kind of mess.

He and I are both older college students at a local university. (and by "older," I mean that he should be wrapping up grad school and I should have wrapped up a PhD by now, lol!) In the fall semester 2007, he used to hang out with some of my friends/acquaintances at the Starbucks on campus, which is conveniently located en route to the liberal arts halls. My roommate, then girlfriend and I would wind up stopping by and talking to the people we knew, then part ways to go to class.

He started hanging around us a little bit more, and I started plopping down to talk to them every day after a French class. We spent about a year annoying the fuck out of one another. (Mainly because he likes to amp up his politics around people to get a rise out of them.)

So, the summer passes and he and I wind up in a night class together. About a month into the semester, everyone knew my "OMG! GOING THROUGH A 2.5 MONTH DRY SPELL" whining sooo well. One of my roommates looked at me, said "hahaha, I ran into [boyfriend's name] on the subway. He lives, like 10 minutes away. You should totally sleep with him!" I spent about a week arguing with her that it was a TERRIBLE idea. Then I gave in and spent about another week pondering if he would sleep with me. We knew one another, but not the well, so I really couldn't get a good read from him.

The next thing I know, one Friday night, I scream "I AM HORNY, JUST TEXT HIM!" at my roommate. She comes over, and a TON of beer later, I uttered the most smooth line ever: doooo shhhyyyooouuuu juuuusssshhhttt shhhwannntttt to shgoooo upshtairs? He said yes, and we had about 5 hours of the most amazing sex. We started out as friends with benefits, and then in the beginning of January, we were talking on Gmail chat, when he told me "regardless of what we're calling this, I just spent a week straight with you. It's a relationship."

We've spent, um, 4 nights (?) apart since then and are googly eyed idiots for one another. And if you're curious, yes, the amazing sex from the first night has just gotten so much better. :)

Best part? I really truly only just wanted to get laid that first night. I was telling everyone that even though I wanted to date my boyfriend, I knew I probably should wait six months or so because my ex-girlfriend put me through so much crap. Every day, I'm still amazed that we're together and it just keeps getting better with him.

Mrs. CXXC and I were co-workers, then room mates and then lovers. It all started nearly 14 years ago.

She needed a place to stay for a couple months as her condo was being re-fit. So, having a spare bedroom and never using it, I offered it to her. She became my roomie!

A few months later, the desire to be with each other took hold and BAM!!! Here we are!

We met on a bus... we started talking and I liked him and gave him my name and phone number. The rest, as we say, is history...

Well...the official party line is that we met in a bar. A slightly pervy bar, but a bar nonetheless. :lol:

The back story is that we both used to work at the same company (well, he still works there) and I'm sure that our paths might've crossed a time or two, but it's really hard to know when I'm in the office and most of the guys were on the other end of the radio (I could have ID'd voices to tech numbers all day long...but for the first year wouldn't have known their faces if I had tripped over them in the hall :lol: ).

Anyway, we have this mutual friend that kept saying to me 'you've gotta come to the bar and meet Jeff...I know you know him....blah blah blah' and I would usually arrive at the bar shortly after he would leave (around 11pm). After about a month of this, we FINALLY met. But by this time he had a roomie and that guy was hitting on me and Jeff was just kind of hanging back. Well, I ended up back at their apt thinking 'yes! threesome!' when the roomie ended up crashing out, and Jeff and I just ended up sitting in the living room talking until like 11am.

And since then (around 4 years ago), we've maybe spent around a month total apart (between cross country trips, etc). The ironic part was the friend that was so hell bent on introducing us began making snide comments to me and him about us hooking up. It was definitely a :wtf: moment.

Chris and I met because of an obscene phone call!

It was the second semester of our sophomore year at college, an inebriated friend called me up one Friday night. "Come fuck me, Jen," he kept saying. I pointed out his condition and the likely effect it would have on that venture, but he kept insisting. I told him that if I got bored enough, I might come by and laugh at him.

I got bored enough. So I head over to his dorm, and upon entering, get swept along with another group of party goers. We ended up in the host's room, and I somehow ended up sitting on the (tile) floor. At some point in the evening, I started playing "footsie" with the guy across from me (Chris). He was sitting on the bed next to another girl named Jen. After awhile, my back got to bothering me, so I stood up and plopped on the bed next to Chris. He made a comment about being in a "Jen sandwich," which earned him an elbowing from the both of us.

When the party broke up, I took my time leaving that dorm so I could talk to him. I'd have dragged him back to my dorm and attacked him then, if my roommate hadn't been there. We ended up standing outside for over an hour just talking--and it was thirty degrees outside! At some point he mentioned that he did the announcing at the girls' basketball games, and that I should come by if I got the chance.

Of course, I made the effort to grab some friends and go to the game, but I barely got five minutes to talk to him during halftime. I didn't even get a phone number, so I mentally wrote him off.

Two days later, I walked into my American Speech class, and there he was! It was two weeks into the semester already, and neither of us had noticed the other before! We "went out" that weekend, which is a whole 'nother funny story.

Sixteen years and two kids later . . . here we are!

=)

We met in college. Neither of us was in the lifestyle. We sort of "fell" into the lifestyle when talking about fantasies of threesomes and watching one another with others. We realized that it would be great to live the fantasy and talked about it long and hard and went for it. We have never been sorry!

Mrs. Ekies and I met in college in Daytona Beach, FL in 1985. She dated one of my friends for a short time and then we lost touch until 1989 when that same friend talked to her and told her to call me because I lived in the same area.

She called, we went for pizza, she drove and the rest is history.

Incidentally, it took me some months to "close the deal"...now that her inner sexual being is loose it takes some minutes for our play partners to "close the deal". I'm very proud of this achievement...

In an online chat room...seventeen years ago.

An online chatroom in 1991/1992...had the "internet" gone beyond use by it's inventors at that time?:confused:

Keep in mind that I've been using email for about 3 years now...I'm technically illiterate when it comes to the WWW.

an online chatroom in 1991/1992...had the "internet" gone beyond use by it's inventors at that time?:confused:

Keep in mind that i've been using email for about 3 years now...i'm technically illiterate when it comes to the www.

aol...1992

Trixie used to work for me.

I moved into management with the restaurant I work for and when I did, the first place I was sent to be a manager was Trixie's location. Well, within about a month we were having a taboo relationship with each other (management cannot date employees). And the rest is history I guess. We have been together for a wonderful 7 years now!

I first seen my lady half at the Pussycat Club in Las Vegas. She was a exotic dancer and was doing a show on the stay with another lady. I watch her dance 3 times that night. Went back a couple of time to see her again. Only saw her dance one time during the other times I went back. Then about 2 weeks latter she came into my job looking for work and I interview her and hired her. About 2 months latter I asked her out on a date. During that date I was honest with her and told her about watching her dance at the pussycat lounge. That was about 10 years ago and we have been together ever since.

I met my partner almost 18 years ago. I worked at a convenient store and he worked at the Arby's in the strip mall. He came up with what he thought was a line about knowing or working with me before. Little did we know that once we started talking we figured out that we did!

We've had up and downs, but, I wouldn't change thing; he completes me.

Met my wife at a swingers party in the old Naked city nudist resort in Indiana back when we were both 19! Met my current girlfriend at a hotel swingers party that she was hosting

Hmmm... this thread has been around a while, so I may have already posted! But what the hell :D

Mrs Mix and I were High School sweethearts... Met in High School and haven't managed to escape each other even as we approach the big... four.... oh

Met my wife during a prison break...she gave my comfort and succor. The law was after me in a big manhunt. I sprinkled pepper on the ground to confound the dogs on my trail. I ate 50 hard boiled eggs on a bet. I went to pee in the bushes to get started. I was recaptured and nursed back to health by my wife to be...Nurse Ratched. So hot yet compassionate. My Indian friend picked up a 2000 lb. fixture and hurled it through the window to create an opening.

OK...I am mixing genres and movies...

Guilty

The truth is mundane..met my lovely at the bank

Her smile melted my heart