curious24

How and where did you meet your partner?

We met on an online dating site!!

The key she said was the part where i put " I used to live on the wild side, now I just visit" That did it for her. She was hoping to find someone like herself but couldn't come out and say it!!

So be honest but not trashy in your online profile, you might just attract the perfect match!

Lol.....don't think you'd have a lot of luck meeting someone where Christine and I met. We actually met (and started "dating") for the first time in seventh grade Orchestra class! Ahhh....the joys of middle school. Of course, we didn't start swinging until MUCH later;)

One thing is for sure, neither Bear nor I were looking for anything serious, just straight up sex. Being a divorced single mother, I'd given up on men, dating, and yes, even sex. In a quest to lose my celibacy, I put an add on Adult Friend Finder. Bear writes great email, he was the only one I decided to meet and what a meeting that was. Lightening struck about five minutes after opening my door. I thank my lucky stars every day since then that I could be so blessed.

-- The Still Smitten Bunny

This is such a neat thread and Alura...meeting in a motorcycle shop...that's my kinda love story!

Ms and I met through work...she liked me...I had no idea.

I was pretty turned off on women.

She asked me if I wanted to go for a drink, and I responded with dinner.

We already spoke regularly as she worked for a client of mine...and we knew each other a year or so...she knew I was somewhat bitter and burned out...each time I would try and kiss her, she would push me away and say "but you hate women, remember?" She took to calling me at the wee hours of the morning when her alarm went off (I am not a morning person!) and hollaring "good morning sweetie, ISN'T IT A BEAUTIFUL DAY!"

You know, her energy and positive outlook was contagious...she got me up, out and enjoying things again...and I have found..."I don't really hate women after all" :kissface:

In so many ways, in so many things, she is amazing.

Originally posted by RMRx2

you know, her energy and positive outlook was contagious....

In honor of the upcoming nuptials, as posted today by Mr. RMRx2 in another thread, I'd like to say...

I had the pleasure of meeting the soon-to-be Mrs. RMRx2 at a recent "Chicks" Meet Up and have to agree...her energy and positive outlook is contagious and refreshing! :)

Very interesting, the mrs was mad at all guys when we met. She would let them pick her up, buy her drinks, then breakfast, get them all hot and bothered then she'd go home alone. :eek:

The night I met her (in a bar called Derriere's), she was having a bad night. Someone had spilled a drink on her black skirt (which dried white) she had spent a hour cleaning it and drying it with the hand dryer. Then, someone was leaning across her to talk to someone else when I asked her to dance. Her exact words, "Why the hell not!" She's told me since she thought I was some overgrown John Travolta (Stayin' Alive) when she first saw me, but figured the night could not get much worse.

Well, we danced and I bought her drinks and breakfast. Then we sat in the parking lot til sunup with me trying to get her home with me and her saying she did not trust herself!! In other words if I could get her home Wowee!! This was a Friday, I told her I would call and see her on Monday (her words Yeah, right!).

Well, not only did I call Monday, but I came over with flowers and wine. Still did not get any (Damn). OK, try again Tuesday. More wine. Next thing I know, she's on the phone in the kitchen telling her sister (who she lived with) to either come home now for bed or don't come home for a while. :D After that we both figured it to be a 2 week quicky romance. Get all you can and later. As they say, best laid plans. That was 19 years ago this past July. Not to mention 3 kids in 16 months.

The things you can find in Derrieres!!

We are HS Sweethearts as well. Hub went into the military as well right a few days after graduation. Were in the Navy for nine years than now are in the Air Force for an additional 3 yrs. He is in Iraq now.

I do miss him and think about him but I know he is fighting for our coutry. That is what makes me so proud of him.

Originally posted by tinceltoes

We are HS Sweethearts as well. Hub went into the military as well right a few days after graduation. Were in the Navy for nine years than now are in the Air Force for an additional 3 yrs. He is in Iraq now.

I do miss him and think about him but I know he is fighting for our coutry. That is what makes me so proud of him.

I'm proud of him too! I pray that he comes home to you safe and soon!

We met in school she was 13 I was 14. She asked me to sign her birthday book and our birthday's are the same day so we have been together ever since married 31 years, still great.

Mike and I met online... then met in real time and have been together ever since... sometimes you never know where you will meet that special someone that makes your life feel complete.

Match.com...it really works...we were both right up front with our love of nudism and willingness to "experiment"...the rest is history.

We met on AOL 12 years ago and it was love at first type. We've been together 10 years and married nearly 5.

I met my hubby at work, although he was married at the time :eek: !

I did not break up their marriage, however we did sort of fall in love over a game of splat shot (nothing says I love you like a shot of paint upside the head). After his divorce we lived together for a year and then got married (5 years now)

Well, fall semester has started and I'm in full swing at school so I haven't posted since summer (I think???) but I saw this thread and I couldn't resist!! My hubby and I met in one of those ain't-never-gonna-work-situations...I was dumb enough to get married at 16, and my husband was that guy's best friend. WAS LOL My current hubby was coming over to visit w/ my ex husband and I started noticing that we were talking more than they were. We just got along really well, and things were bad with 1st husband anyways, and things grew from there. We went thru a lot of crap at first from family, friends that said there was no way it could ever work with a start like that...but here we are, 10 years later so there ya go!

My wife picked me up in a bar. She was with her sister and her fiance with whom I was friends. She saw me at the bar talking to her sister, came over and the rest is history. That was 26 years ago. :)

The first time we met was when we were walking arm in arm down the aisle - literally. We were at our best friends wedding rehearsal and they (the groomsmen) were late so there wasn't any time for formal introductions. Has it been 17 years already?

We met in high school.. I was very shy in school (around girls anyway). Her sister was older and always teased me by flirting and playing with my hair just to make me blush. I started giving her and her sister a ride home after school everyday and she always made little sister ride in the middle. She was 14 (almost 15) at the time, very mature and outspoken but her mischevious side was what really attracted me. I was barely 16 and soon grew to look forward to our rides home and her sitting next to me. Then one day big sister was absent which left the future mrs F and a buddy of mine in the car with me, she sat in the middle as usual and somewhere along the way I managed the courage to slide my arm around her. She cuddled into me and so I took the very long way to her house that day where we shared our first kiss. By far the smartest move I've ever made.... :)

At the proverbial bar...Mrs. Funk was out with some friends, and I was working with a friend of mine in the DJ booth, who was desperately trying to push me out into the crowd to meet some ladies. Well, after some liquid courage, I attempted to dance my way around the floor (I'm not that bad; I actually have rhythm). Unfortunately, I was met with laughs and incredulous stares, so I tucked my tail inbetween my legs and went back to the booth. My friend then pulled the Mrs. over and asked her to dance with me. She agreed, we danced, and rest is a very eventful history.

That's why I like women with confidence. If the Mrs. wouldn't have had any, I wouldn't be here today...

Such nice stories :)

Hubby and I met on a website called ArmySingles.com few years ago...we were instantly in love and been extremely happy ever since! I love you J!!!! :kissface:

We both went to different colleges, 500 miles apart.

At Christmas we both were flying home, and had to change planes in New York. She was going to North Carolina and I was going to Texas.

The plane we were to take together was delayed by six hours, and we were the only two in the lobby, on the concourse.

I decided it would be fun to talk to this elegantly dressed woman, and did. We talked and talked and talked.

When she left the plane in North Carolina, I asked for her phone number, and she gave it to me.

I did not call until March, and later she said, "I thought you were interested in me, and would call right away." And I said, "Well, we couldn't go out anyway." I did not even really know that she liked talking at Kennedy.

Anyway, I invited her to Graduation at College and she came for three days, and stayed ten. I can remember every detail of those days together. Upstate New York can be so pretty

in June. And the lakes so picturesque.

I had "liked girls before, but had never "loved" one. I can recommend it to anyone. It was funny to see how protective her Dad was. This was his first girl and she was very special to him. No raunchy guy for her. Many hoops to hop through.

We were pure and chaste for a long time, but golly could we get each other heated up. Eventually, we got closer, and eventually we talked about experiences, etc. She had been bi since high school, and especially with a close room mate in college. I did not care. Even if she was chaste, she had a nice sex drive, and I was really glad for that.

That was more than twenty years ago. It still is a fond memory.

Two healthy kids, many memories, and full lives.

One of my friends from high school introduced me to his sister...We have been together ever since... ;)

My husband and I meet in a History class at the local University and were each others booty call for about a year. We then started dating and have been happily married for the last 2 1/2 years!! :kissface:

We met on a flight from Chicago to Dallas. I am a Flight Attendant. It was a late flight and the cabin was only 1/2 full. I was not busy at all as most of the passengers were half asleep. Joe and I had lots of time to talk on the flight. We traded telephone numbers and over the next several momths we had many long converstaions. We did not date because of our travel schedules. Finally we met in Chicago and had dinner at Santorini's in GreekTown. After dinner we went to his apartment and spent a wondeful night together. Three months I moved in with Joe. That was over 5 years ago.

It wasn’t love at first sight with Mrs. Beaverz and I. Our first meeting was actually a confrontation. We both worked at the same company, she was in a different department than me. I was fairly new, had only been working there for about two weeks. She described me as a dick to others in her department and I described her as a bitch to those in my department. My exact words were “what a bitch”. I won’t bore you with the details of the confrontation.

Someone had a Christmas Party and I showed up not knowing anybody except you know who. She was about the only one I somewhat knew and we didn’t like each other. We really didn't know each other, we just had the one work issue. I stayed around and the party got down to around 10 of us, we all decided to go over to a local bar. We were both under age (she was 18 and I was 20).

While we was at this bar, some 40 year guy kept hitting on her and harassing her. Since she was with our group I stepped in and told the guy she was with me, she proceeded to give me the beer the guy had just bought for her, which pissed him off. The rest is somewhat history. Who would have known; that one beer changed both our lives forever. And they say nothing good can come from alcohol.

It started out as a purely physical relationship. What was funny we were complete opposites. We didn’t have the same tastes when it came to anything (music, concerts, movies, friends, etc…) will except sex. Both our family and friends said it would never last. Here we are over twenty solid years later and going stronger than ever.

What’s funny is we never fight, I have accepted she’s a bitch and she has accepted I’m a dick. :Surrender:

What’s funny is we never fight, I have accepted she’s a bitch and she has accepted I’m a dick. Surrender
:rofl:

That reminds me of my husband and I - we have an agreement - I'll stop getting mad at him when he stops being an asshole :D

To answer the thread topic: My husband and I met on an on-line presonals site - Lavalife - TWICE.

The first time, we chatted on-line a bit and then met for an after-work drink. It happened to be the evening before I met another man for the first time as well. I liked both of them, but the other man called me back the next day to set up another date ... my husband didn't call for a week, by which time I was already seeing the other man.

Fast forward 6 months, by which point the relationship with the other man had petered out ....

I went back on-line to keep searching for my Mr. Right and my husband was still there. He saw my profile and emailed me. We chatted agin for a bit and then met again at the same pub for a drink. This time the drink turned into dinner then after-dinner drinks and he called me the next day to set up another date. He wasn't going to lose me again!!!!

That was 2 1/2 years ago. We moved in together 1 1/2 years ago and got married 2 months ago :kiss:

And ya, sometimes he's an asshole and sometimes I get mad at him, but we always make up and we love each other despite (and sometimes because of) our differences.

MrsOC

We met each other at age 12, in 7th grade. Good friends for the first 5 years and romance developed at age 17. We went to the high school prom together and spent the night on the beach (still finding sand in our pants). At age 42, we've been together for 25 years, including about 20 years of marriage.

We've had only two vocal disagreements in 25 years, and they were both in the maternity delivery room. :lol: He started the argument (never ask a woman in labor to keep her voice down :nono: ), and she got the final word.. :lol:::P:

Okay...we actually met online, on a game called "Everquest". It's somewhat of a roleplaying game, but the graphics are great. Picture this:

Cute little woman, scantilly dressed (oooh, that's me:) ) goes down into a dungeon of scarey dog/rat beasts. She doesn't belong there alone and usually comes with backup. She inches her way slowly, and her muscles are wearing thin from wielding a heavy sword. Nevertheless, she has killed everything in her path...feeling proud for it. She opens a door, and in the dim light sees a strong barbarian warrior sitting near a throne. From the glistening sweat on his arms she assumes he has just dethroned what monster sat there. Their eyes meet and but for seeing each other for a moment, it seems they have known each other a lifetime.

Suddenly, 3 beasts come from the shadows and descend upon her. Not wanting to put him in peril she reaches for the door. Outside, she is trying to dispatch 3 creatures back to the hell they came from. From the corner of her eye she sees the great warrior in the doorway. His voice remains calm, "do you need any help?". She a fighter herself does not want to admit defeat, and answers "no, thank you". As the last beast hits the floor, she is spackled with blood and devoid of energy. Her blade falls to the ground.

"Good job", he says. She looks up into his face and can see the tattoos on it now, he must be of a great warrior clan. She bows.

So that's how we met...if you want more stories of what happened after, I can do that too lol

Mrs LOL

2Jersey, your story is too cool. You must know each other like a book, maybe answer each others question like a twin would.

I sometimes wish that we had met earlier, but he was somewhat of a rock star and I was so bullheaded I'm sure I wouldn't have put up with the attitude. We met when it was right, the stars were aligned, and we both needed it.

Dino and I met online. I had an ad, he answered it. It was something akin to what Match.com is today. We exchanged emails for a week or so, talked on the phone for another week and then met. We'll be together 8 years on the 30th of this month, married for 7 this past March.

We met in May.

He moved in in August

Proposed in October

We were married the following March

I knew the night we met that I'd marry him. He asked permission to kiss me...it was the sweetest moment of my life.

I knew the night we met that I'd marry him. He asked permission to kiss me...it was the sweetest moment of my life.

AWWW! That's so sweet....*looks off dreaming*

We had met face to face 7 months after our initial encounter. As soon as I saw him our lips locked (no asking required)...we woke up in each others arms, turned on CNN and saw the second plane hit the twin towers on 9/11.

My sister hooked us up after my divorce. Together 13 years, married 11 of them.

AWWW! That's so sweet....*looks off dreaming*

We had met face to face 7 months after our initial encounter. As soon as I saw him our lips locked (no asking required)...we woke up in each others arms, turned on CNN and saw the second plane hit the twin towers on 9/11.

He (Mr 2jersey) was in the South Tower of the WTC when the second plane hit on 9/11. He almost didn't make it out before the building collapsed - and I didn't hear from him until that afternoon (cell towers and communications to Jersey were disrupted). It sounds like you guys had a better day than us. :kissface:

Mrs. WS and I met on American Singles. She had been single for a while and not really dating, so her best friend created a profile on there for her (this was eight years ago when it was still free). As she was creating the profile she asked Mrs. WS "what are your hobbies" to which she replied something to the effect of "spending time with my daughter, reading, beading, painting, and sacrificing chickens." Which her friend put verbatim.

She met a couple of guys from there, but none of them panned-out.

Then one night I was browsing the site when I came across her profile and being a smart ass just sent her a one-liner that said "Tastes like chicken." She emailed me back the next day and we emailed for a week or two. I gave her my cell phone number and told her to call me if she felt comfortable. She called me that night while I was on my way to pick-up my daughter. I asked if she would like to meet me and my daughter for a burger. She didn't tell me she was already cooking dinner and we met at a local burger shop. Her daughter was 3 at the time and mine 6. The next night we went out alone and we've been together ever since.

Great story, Western Swing! :)

Mr. TybeeSwing and I met online. The site was love@aol.com, which was later bought out and became a part of what is now Match.com. I answered his profile, first. He had no picture up, but there was something magnetic in the brief profile he put up. (I almost never wrote to somebody with no picture.) We emailed and IMed for at least a couple of weeks before he finally got his picture taken and sent it to me. He was just adorable. We had some sexy phone conversations, too.

We finally met after work one evening, for drinks. (It took time to meet him due to work schedules at the time.) I was running just a few minutes late getting there after work. We were meeting outside in front of a pub. When I arrived, there he was, holding two dozen roses. They were all pink, except for one red one in the center. He said that I was the one who stood out from the rest of the pack. Awwwwwwwww! I just had to keep him. :)

Nick and I met in high school. We were both members of our local Air Force JROTC unit. I was the Group Commander and her was "just another cadet". Being in charge of everything he saw me day-in and day-out but because he was barely involved, I didn't really know him.

In November of my senior year my then boyfriend and I broke up. I was truly devestated by the break up but wanted to get back out into the dating game to try to numb the pain. Because of this, I met Nick. I saw him standing at my desk one day talking to another student. He had this gleam in his eye that I was just drawn to. I asked my best friend if she knew he was. Lo and behold they had their second period class together. She let me know that he was a great guy and that if I was interested she'd find out if he was.

About a week later while we were taking the ASVAB test in the school auditorium another of my friends walked up to him and asked him if he'd go with me to our upcoming military ball. Afraid that we were trying to pull a "She's All That" style bet, he declined. He never thought that "a girl like me" would be truly interested in "a guy like him". But, I was determined.

I slowly got to know him and we became great friends. We decided to start dating when my best friend ( during a night out) leaned from the car window and screamed at him (as we dropped him off); "Do you want to go out with Aimee?", he said "Sure" (completely romantic I know :). From there it's all a matter of history.

We've been together for 6 years now and are going strong and working towards marriage. :]

We met in High School. We have been together for 18yrs and married for 11!

I met my wife in a martial arts class we were both attending. We were good friends for about 3 years before we "found" each other. Six months later, we got married.

:kissface: We were really meant to be, we met in church when I was 13 and he was 23. We started out just talking (he worked with my step father, they rode to work together). We later became friends we had a lot in common. My mother being very liberal, let us date (looking back we both agree I was way too young!!) We were very much in love.

We married when I was 14, and were very happy at the time. When I turned 17, I started wondering what else what out there in the world, what was I missing? So I joined the Army, and got a small taste of freedom in the adult world. It was what I thought I wanted, and shortly after we separated then divorced. :sad:

We were apart for ten years, and never even laid eyes on each other during that time frame. We both remarried, divorced, and each had 1 child. Thanks to my mother's interference (this time I'm very grateful but most of the time it's just being nosy and unwelcome!) we met up again. We fell in love and remarried each other 8 months later. This time it is for keeps!! :)

Since then(6 years later) we have have finally had a child together, a little girl (we lost 5 children together during our first marriage). We all are together now (us and our 3 children) and are a very happy family! It was just inevitable we were meant to be! :kissface:

What a lovely thread....I was 17 and this guy Chris kept bugging me for a date. I told him if he got my girlfriend a date I would go out with him....It is 1979 I am in the front seat of a Green Charger and my girlfriend Cheryl is in the backseat. We are waiting for Chris and my girlfriends date to come out of his apt. My husband came out walking next to Chris and I said to Cheryl OMG that guy is mine....switch seats and of course the rest is history.......we will be married 25 years July 4th. I always tell the story...the first time I took my clothes off he told me to put them back on....the second time....well that is as well history......poor guy should have seem his face when he finally realized I was only 17 and we just had sex...He is greatest gift ever bestowed upon me and I truly wish nothing less for my children.

We also meet in church. She was 13, and I was 18. She had an awsome smile and it was a lot of fun just being around her. I went in the army, she finished H.S. During the time I was away we wrote each other, and dated when I was home on leave. We dated others, but we had that special something that can't be seen or spoken, but when your eyes meet, you know it's right. I just had to wait for her to grow up, and that she did. She's the nicest, and prettiest girl I ever went out with. We married two months after her 18th birthday, and have been going strong for 36yrs. If it's to be, it will be. Good Luck D. D.

Mrs. Menage and I met while we were both working in a turkey processing plant. We met the Other Mrs. Menage through the lifestyle.

We met each other in High School. Ok, I was in Jr. High and he was in High School. He graduated 2 years before me, we didn't see each other for over a year until he just called me up and we went out....we have been together since 1997

so for all you couples out there I'm curious where you all met each other?

We're children of the internet, so to speak.

Disco used to go to the old Yahoo user created room called "Ohio Swingers and Singles". They held regular parties each month in Columbus, since Columbus is centrally located in Ohio. She'd gone to a couple of them, taking a different date each time. Each month around party time she'd be innundated with requests to go to the party with her.

I entered that room on the suggestion of my long time friend "Jey" (not his real name). I wasn't looking for anything and didn't know anything about the room, I just wanted to chat with people and maybe find a good looking girl to meet. My ex and I had just separated, so the town was hot.

I quickly built a reputation in the room for being "good with PC's", in layman's terms. Disco, however, didn't like me much because I was a tad arrogant at times. One night, her usual tech support guy and sometimes fling wasn't in the room and she was having some serious computer problems. She instant messaged me asking for help, which I gave (her Windows 98SE computer was out of swap space). We talked most of the night after I fixed her problem. Turns out the monthly party was the next day. She asked me if I would go with her as a date. I couldn't believe my eyes. There was a website with photos of most of the main chatters on there. She'd seen my picture, and I had spent some time with hers. I couldn't believe it, someone as gorgeous as her asking Ogre-looking me on a date.

I accepted and the rest is history.

I was looking for someone to teach me how to fight better for my upcoming tryouts for the national team. I found him. After a few sessions of learning how to punch more effectively. I landed one smack on the side of the head. Sort of knocked some sense into him I guess. He's been mine ever since. :)

Don't worry people for every time he punches me I land my foot right smack in the center of his chest with a vengence. :mad:

I am a kickboxer, he is a boxer, he keeps forgetting about the feet. My secret weapon. Tiny feet fit wonderfully between the plexes and he grunts . I love that sound. :D

He maybe tough, but I am tougher.

Me and my wife met in a hospital. I was in for P.T.S.D after Desert Storm and she was suffering from a case of Lousey Boy Friend... love at first sight, I have been the happiest since meeting her. :salute:

Don't post much but had to respond to this. We met through a mutual friend, at the movies. A week later we started dating, a month later we moved in together officially (where he was living at the time there had been a house fire and he no longer had a place to stay), a month after that we were engage, six months later we were married and 11 months after that we had our first child.... boy we had a busy first couple years but they are years I wouldn't change for anything. Here we are six years after meeting, five years of marriage and expecting our second child. He's the best thing in the world that ever happened to me and he says the same about me. :D:kissface:

Jay and I were stationed at Fort Polk, Louisiana together. He was cute and funny, and smelled of Eternity for men, which does something to me.

The perfume does it for me. I smell that and the wife goes uh ohh! :)