curious24

How and where did you meet your partner?

In a bar named Studebaker's on my twenty third birthday, I was weaving along, carrying two beers, one in each hand, they being my eighth and ninth (free) beers of the night. I was a smoker back then and was carrying a generic brand. I stopped at a table and asked the young man on the other side -- rudely interrupting a conversation with his buddy-- if he had a cigarette.

He gave me one and we talked (still don't know what about) for a few minutes. I couldn't hear him over the music so I came around the table and sat -- again rudely between him and his friend -- and we talked some morel. I asked him to buy me a beer ( I was rude yet again) and he did. Finally, I told him I was going to kiss him and he said okay. We did for quite some time.

As the bar closed I asked him to take me home with him but he was living at home at the time so he couldn't. We kissed while his friend went and got the car and we both were swaying in our inebriated states according to his friend.

This was a Friday night. He called me Saturday and asked if I remembered him. We went on our first date on Tuesday to a movie and love blossomed from there. We later on (a few months later) admitted that neither of us really could recall what the other one looked like that first night, so essentially we had a sort of blind date on the first one.

And for those of you wondering I don't drink anymore but only occasionally and I'll have but maybe one or two beers . I was a tad easy in those days when plied with alcohol. Now I'm just easy. :rolleyes:

We've been together now five and a half years and married for five of those years. We had moved in together about three weeks after we initially met and were married one day short of six months. We had our first baby one year and two days after we met.

....online. That's right. In a Yahoo chatroom. I was not one to check profiles or to PM someone out of the blue, but he made some comment in the chatroom that made me laugh and think and the same time. So I thought I would check out his profile. Something about him caught my eye. His picture? Perhaps...that was the start. But there was more. I PM'd him...made the same old tired "nice pic" comment and began a conversation. Not only was he witty and funny....he was smart to boot! (good looking helps, LOL) Within the first 2 hours of chatting with him I told him I was going to marry him (OMGoodness, what WAS I thinking?! :eek: ) Of course we blew it off as just silly talking. But as time went on and we chatted more and we moved to phone chatting we both began to realize that we were soul-mates. We're a newly married couple (5 months now) but we love each other more than life. Ugh! Okay, don't wanna get all sappy and emotional on ya, but that's just the WAYYYYYY shortened version of how we met.

Glad to see we're not the only ones who've met online. :D

Congratulations on your marriage. Online is definitely a great way to meet. It sure worked great for us.

We also met online. I was looking for some info on an association I wanted to join and posted on one of the threads. JC used to be a member. By chance he checked it out, he hadn't done that for over a year, and wished us good luck. His french name caught my eye and I wrote back, asking him if he wanted to discuss this association. We started e-mailing and found out that we had so many things in common, it was almost scary. I was planning to travel to Europe and so we decided to meet. We had three days of bliss! :kiss:

The rest is history!:kissface:

Its been 4 years that we met. At times it is not easy being so far apart. :sad: But then I remember the way I feel when I am with him and it makes it all worth while. :)

I wish July came after May...

Originally posted by sinc

I was never planning on marrying when my close friend introduced me to his brother and it was "love at first sight" that I never believed in only "lust at first sight".

Maybe that if you quit looking maybe they'll find you.

You're so very right....sometimes you have to NOT look to find exactly what you are looking for! That's how it worked for us.

Hey curious24,

Not that I should be talking about where to meet "that someone" I can't sleep so sorry for your luck,;)

I believe that good hearts have a way of finding each other. No one has to be looking & once a good heart finds another, they are always together. So long as the owners of the hearts allow themselves to believe in what it is that the heart can see.

Originally posted by jen

I believe that good hearts have a way of finding each other. No one has to be looking & once a good heart finds another, they are always together. So long as the owners of the hearts allow themselves to believe in what it is that the heart can see.

Awesome post, Jen. Just flat out awesome.

Originally posted by jen

Your statement hit the nail right on the head! Neither S nor I were looking for a relationship. We had met previously for dinner with my former Dom 2 years before we started dating because of mutual friends in Atlanta. There was definite chemistry between us right from that dinner because the Dom I was seeing did not want me seeing S or playing (in the BDSM sense) with him alone. :)

We kept in loose contact for the next couple years, e-mailing every 6 months or so. During that time, S's marriage completed it's falling apart and a local BDSM group began to form. I saw him again at the first public meeting and he managed to convince me to be on the board. At the next meeting, things got a little friendlier between us and S asked if I would play with him alone. :evil: I did and within a few months, he broke off seeing another woman from the group and things progressed from there.

Neither one of us was "looking" for anyone at the time. Things just happen when you least expect it! In fact, I remember talking about how we were not going to get serious since we'd both been burned before....famous last words. ;)

We met almost 15 years ago when I placed a personal ad in the local county paper. I figured it might be a way I could meet a few girls and just go out on a few dates, I wasn't looking for a serious relationship but we got engaged about 6 months after we met. So, once again, sometimes when you are not really looking...

For us it was via an online dating service. This is “D2” the male half of this profile and I’ll give my version, interspersed with things she has said of the events.

It all began one cold, boring winter night stuck in my apartment. I had been newly single for about a year and was simply surfing the net with nothing better to do and wishing I had someone to talk to right then. I had been dating a few really cool women but nothing that made me feel like “this is it!” While cruising through the local paper checking out events that I could escape to (I doubt I would have gone out that night as it was bitterly cold and wet out!) I saw a banner add for a “Free” personal ad site….

I thought, “What the hell” and clicked it. It was a seemly cool site and it had pages and pages were you could write to your hearts content about yourself and your views on life, dating, sex…you know, the typical stuff. The next thing I know I was hours into crafting a carefully written thesis about who I was. I found it a bit therapeutic in a way and it really helped pass an otherwise lonely evening of boredom.

The next evening at home I decided to check out the rest of the adds of this “free” site and AFTER paying a fee, was able to browse the completed profiles…(Don’t they call this “bait and switch?”) Anyway, as anyone who as ever cruised ads knows, this can take a long time. One that really stood out was named “Decembersnow.” I booked marked it as she had the most lovely eyes and wrote quite a bit of good stuff in her profile. After finishing looking at a ton of ads I went back to the site’s homepage and there was this flashy-thingy that said I had new mail…not knowing how to use the site I floundered around and was able to learn it was from “Decembersnow” but couldn’t find the mail!!! UGGGGGGHHHH!!! What I didn’t realize was that it was auto forwarded to my regular email which read it as junk and deleted it.

So I sent her an email the next night and this began an exchange in which we wrote a lot and we seemed to really have many things in common. The one sticking point she had was that I had no photo up. I honestly have very few images of myself and at that time had none in digital format. She says what attracted her was the way in which I wrote and what I had to say. Eventually I invited her to come for a coffee and maybe a tour of where I work (I’m not comfortable in saying where as it’s well know, but it’s a cultural center that people travel from all over to visit.) We agreed to meet early on a Friday after she completed an exam at a university she was attending nearby but she still wanted a photo so she knew what to expect.

I rifled through my photos and chose what I (as only a man would) considered to be a great shot! It was of me with an 8 pound steelhead (a type of large lake trout) that I had caught with my fly rod. I was in my favorite floppy fishing hat and my toad patterned neoprene wading gear. My hair was messy and my face was ruddy as it was freezing out that day but I had a HUGE grin! Well, thinking this was a cool photo; I scanned it in and mailed it the night before we met.

Now she has said this many times, on seeing the photo she thought, “oh no, another dorky dude” and since we had already planned to meet the next morning she felt she was “stuck” in meeting me out of politeness. She figured we would be good friends and nothing more. She planned on a 30 minute coffee then a retreat out of there.

Thankfully, I am better looking in person….

That Friday morning I was at my desk working on some graphics (I’m a creative coordinator and produce a lot of graphics and such) when security called to say I had a visitor (they added a “lucky SOB” as they hung up). Cool! She showed! It was 9AM.

As I walked to the security consol, I could see this tall, long shapely legged woman with her back to me. She had beautiful hair down past her delectable bottom and I thought, “no way, I can’t be THAT lucky!”

I was!!! She turned and got this look, I noted her eyes got wide and I perceived the slightest intake of breath. She also began to get that expression where one tries to control a grin. Anyway, the chemistry was ON!! We did the old, “after you,” “no after you” on the stairwells trying to get a peak at the others bottom. LOL

Well, that short coffee turned into a 3 hour tour which became a lunch. I never take a lunch break, so this was special, on the way back from lunch I had to carry my coat in front of me (20 degree day) so as not to reveal the erection I was sporting…she had this way of just talking and moving that aroused me like I haven’t been before on a first meeting!

Lunch turned into another 4 hours or tour; thank god I work in a big building with a lot to look at!! The end of the tour led to her joining me for the company Christmas party that night. Nothing is as appealing to an intelligent woman as a chance to mingle with scholars, scientists, anthropologists and archeologists. LOL

Finally at 3AM (note: 17.5 hours PAST where she had predetermined she was going to split) she went home. And NO nothing happened… ;-) ((That’s another story!))

Well, we plan to marry soon. I can’t think of being with anyone else.

So I guess you could say online dating does work on occasion. LOL :D

We met through an on-line dating service. I didn't know he was a swinger at first, in fact, he seemed quite shy. The first time we kissed, I kissed him. We dated about a month before he took me to bed. I asked him once , after I learned about his swinging, why he didn't try to have sex with me sooner and he just shrugged his shoulders. I like to think it was because he thought I was girlfriend material but maybe he just had more than he could handle ;)

We met through mutual friends at a picnic. My friends asked me to come over for a cookout and I said sure. Then they quickly said " Oh yeah there is male friend of ours we would like you to meet , he is single." I was nervous been on one too many blind dates but couldn't cancel because I had already told them I would go. So I showed up with anxiety in the pit of my stomach but not to worry he was so polite and sweet with killer blue eyes, cute ass and we shared the same taste in music. So we exchanged phone numbers and had our first date and have been inseparable since three years later and just celebrated our first wedding anniversary....

I had recently moved to town and didn't know anyone except my coworkers. One Saturday night I decided to go by myself to sit at a local bar-n-grill for food, beer, and the NCAA basketball tournament. She was my waitress, and she was very pleasant and very adorable. Great ass. I came back the next night, but she wasn't working. I ended up closing the bar with the kitchen manager, to whom I mentioned the cool waitress the night before. He put in a good word for me, and the next time I was there she and I had a beer or two after her shift. We've been together going on nine years now.

I was shooting pool at a restaurant. It was a Michigan beach bar on a little lake. I watched Donna walk in and told my pool buddy that my future wife just walked in.

She was wearing a full length white body suit. It zipped from the part that counts and stopped just short of the part that teases.

Within ten minutes we were engaged in conversation that was surrealistic. Within half an hour she whispered to me that she wanted to make love to me.

The rest is history.

It all began seven years ago this month. My how time flies when you are having fun. I had just fulfilled my obligation with the Marines and had returned home to start college. I was working as a cashier in a convience store and had noticed her several times as a customer. Shortly afterwards she began working there also to help pay her way through college. One night when I was working she came in the store with a friend. I asked her what she was doing that night and she said that she was just hanging out with some firends. I asked her if she wanted to see a movie after I finsished work. She said sure but wanted to know where one was playing at 10 pm. Of course I said my place. :D I couldn't tell you what movie we saw that night because the only movie star I could see was sitting next to me. We made love that first night and nearly every night since then. I proposed to her under a waterfall eight months later and married the following year. Five and one half years later we wouldn't change a thing!

I was in a horrible relationship and my roommate(the sister of the guy I was dating) told me that the this guy at work likes me. She had also told him I liked him, we had never see each other. One night I got up the nerve to ask him out on a date, he said yes and we were married 2 years later. WE have been together for 5 years married for 3 and we still act like were newlyweds, I love it. :kiss:

We met when I arrived on Okinawa to begin my tour (we were both in the Army at the time). We had our first date on Valentines Day and have been together for the last 23 years...good times, bad times, 4 children, 3 grandchildren, and he's still my best friend, lover and husband...would not change a thing.

We met at school. He was dating a friend of mine at the time and when things didnt work out with them I decided to approach him and we dated for 6 months and married. Now we are celebrating our ten year anniversary next month.

Originally posted by Vjklander

I found her in my bed. I kept her.

Tell! Tell! What is the story there? Beds don't usually come with women!!!!!!

:kissface:

Originally posted by uneed_love2

Beds don't usually come with women!!!!!!

Hmmmmmmm if beds come with females as I must change my bed soon I want the catalogue!!! :D

:kissface:

My wife and I were working for the same company. Also working there was a guy who fancied himself a real ladies man (he was married and prided himself on how often he could cheat on his wife). One day about five of my male coworkers and myself saw my future wife walking into the office and this guy made the comment that he was going to get her in bed within a week. I was kind of tired of his bragging and so I bet him a $100.00 that I could get her in the sack first. The rest, as they say is history, After she got over being pissed at me for making such a bet, we collected our $100.00 and eventually got married and have kept each other happily entertained ever since. That was 18 years ago, but it seems just like yesterday.

I wonder how pissed she will be when she reads this. She hates this story even though it is true. Best bet I ever made.

I meet my wife at a bbq me and my roommates had...she decided to come at the last minute and we have not been apart in 6 years...(she says it was the bbq veggies I made)

Originally posted by Vjklander

I found her in my bed. I kept her.

OK, I guess I kept y'all on the edge of your seats long enough...

We were both in the Air Force, I was a medic on the hospital ward at the time and she was one of my new patients in the section I was responsible for, ergo, 'my' bed. I had to wake her up at 2am to give her a sleeping pill or something. When I left the room, I passed the RN, one Mrs Rideout, in the hall and told her I was going to marry that girl. When the nurse went in k's room, k asked a few questions about me and then told the nurse that she was going to marry me. We didn't find out about each others exclamations until the reception when the nurse asked for a few minutes and told the story.

Anyway, I asked her out to a Charlie Daniels concert which was sold out. Luckily me buddy thought more of keeping his Harley in one piece than keeping his tickets, so he gallantly offered them to me. The next day she moved in with me and we've been together ever since. Oh, yeah, I lived in the male barracks at the time.

J

Originally posted by Roxysbayou

Great story! Who said there was no such thing as love at first sight!

We would never deny it!

Alura, who understand Jamie and his wife completely!

Ok, I literally married the boy nextdoor. I was 14 and he was 17 when his dad married the women that lived next door. I didn't think he was that great at first, but after a couple of games of tag football (I was a tomboy) and just plain old tag, he started to grow on me. He asked me out 2 months to the day after I met him, and I said yes. Then a couple of months later his mom came to get him so him and his brother and sister could live with her in TX. I was heart broken, he told me he would come back and marry me (I was 14).

While crying on my mom's shoulder and her saying there will be other boys I told her what he said, and she laughed. Well 3 yrs later, he joined the Army, and we still had a long distance thing going on. Well I found another guy I thought I liked better, and wrote him a dear John letter. He called me from basic training the day he got it, and asked if we could talk about this when he was off for 2 weeks during Christmas. I told him we could talk, but that was all that was going to happen.

Well he showed up, and I realized how much I did care for him. We dated for 5 month, me going to see him during AIT and him coming to see me on the weekends. Finally he decided to ask my dad f he could marry me (I was 17 and the baby of the family). Well my parents said yes (mom said they only said yes, because if they hadn't, I would have found a way to do it anyways). L always said that if they would have told him no, he would have waited until they said yes.

Anyways, we were married May 5th and he left to go to Germany May 10th. We were separated for 8 months and I went to visit him for a month and got pregnant with our oldest. Then I went home and didn't go back to stay with him until I was 5 months pregnant. We have been Married 13 yrs and 1 month tomorrow, and I couldn't think of it any other way. :)

Well curious24 I bet this doesn't help you much, but that's my story and i am sticking to it :P.

ps My mom did tell my she was sorry about laughing at the "he is going to marry me" thing. She told me that on our wedding day.

Ted and I were both in diapers when we first met.

I know this because my mother told me he was the scrawniness thing she had ever seen (yes, my mother changed my husband's diapers, lol) and if she had known then how much trouble he was going to cause her she would have pinched his head off, lol (she now loves him more than she does me sometimes as she always takes his side in everything). His father told me the first time he ever saw me all I had on was a diaper.

The earilest memory I have of Ted is going to his house when I was 5 or 6 and our mothers telling us to go to the bedroom and play...I came out and told my mother all they had were dump trucks to play with, no dolls at all. She told us to take the trucks outside and play in the dirt, which we did.

It was a few years later we became good friends and have been together ever since. You could definitely say we are lifelong friends and true soulmates.

We met at work.

I was in a relationship that was quickly going downhill and he had recently been divorced. After work, a bunch of us would go to the bar that was across the street and hang out. We got to know each other better and better. One day, I came into work upset and he noticed. He asked me what was wrong and I told him, but then I had to punch in and get to work. We talked during our break and we had a lot in commen. We both tried our hardest to make our relationships work and we both had a child. About a month later, I got in a huge fight with my son's father, I packed mine and my son's stuff up and we left. I went to his apartment and I have been with him ever since. This was in July of 2000. We got married in April 2001 and we have added an addition to our family in March 2002. :kiss:

We met at a biker bar. He was with another woman and I asked him to shoot a game of pool with me. He shot the 8 ball in on the break and later he left the bar with me. We were married six months later and will celebrate our 14th anniversary this month. I love him more everyday and believe love at first sight is a wonderful thing.

Okay, this is gonna sound really bad....but my husband was my ex's best friend. Ahem...they are not best friends anymore, but believe it or not, they do still talk occasionally. Anyways, it must have been the right thing to do 'cause we're still together 8 yrs. later w/ two awesome kids!

Originally posted by Yummi

Okay, this is gonna sound really bad....but my husband was my ex's best friend. Ahem...they are not best friends anymore, but believe it or not, they do still talk occasionally. Anyways, it must have been the right thing to do 'cause we're still together 8 yrs. later w/ two awesome kids!

Some things are just meant to be. :kissface:

We were both in the Army at the time. I was a Combat Medic and she was a Nurse. We were both stationed in Hawaii at the time.

Via the Internet; on a non-sexual message board. We found we had A LOT in common...so we became a couple. We are best friends and Primary Lovers.

via a swingers' chat room and then in person at a swinger club......he wishes he could tell family that the first night he met me, I said

'here.....hold my shirt' while I stripped it off to go get a body shot :D

Married 5 months now and dead in love

:kiss:

...at an amusement park. We were both attending something called a "Video Dance Party" - it was the early 80's after all!

She was 13 and I was 16. She looked about 17 or 18 (she was the proverbial early bloomer!), so thinking she was older than me, I wasn't going to bring up our ages. She saw that I had a car, so she KNEW I was older than she was, therefore she didnt want to discuss our age. We dated for 8 months before we told each other how old we were!

Great thread - it really brings back some happy memories!

When I first entered the Swinger's Lifestyle I was in a 17 year marriage. Hubby and I met in the music business. We needed some spice and the lifestyle provided that for the both of us however unfortunately our marriage just wasn't right for us to be happy so we separated. Now on the good side I started dating my best friend and confidant /boy toy !! and we have been together ever since we have been thinking about getting serious with each other for sometime now...we both seem to want to be in this relationship for the long haul. We have been dating for 3 1/2 years. So relationships can work in the lifestyle it's actually 100% harder for us ...because we have to learn how to be a normal dating couple without trying to pick up everyone on a date lmao!! ::P: It's kind of like starting at the end of a movie and working your way back to understand it. The sex is great, openness is there, trust is in place but...the normal dating takes work...the movies at the theatre, dinners at restaurants, and hand in hand in the park...takes practice not to through in a couple or hot bi lady !!! ::P: People ask me all the time would I re-marry and yes I would marriage is great...everyone needs a companion in life to grow old with...it's all good :kiss:

I wish all the married lifestyle couples long and happy marriages!!

And to those who met in the lifestyle I know it takes work but hey it's worth it.

I really like your analogy, Deesire...

It's kind of like starting at the end of a movie and working your way back to understand it.

I've thought and tried to say this same thing on many occasions...talking about becoming friends as well as swing partners...and never could find the right words to explain. Mind if I borrow them?

:)

Originally posted by RnLinohio

Finally he decided to ask my dad f he could marry me (I was 17 and the baby of the family). Well my parents said yes (mom said they only said yes, because if they hadn't, i would have found a way to do it anyways). L always said that if they would have told him no, he would have waited until they said yes. We have been Married 13 yrs and 1 month tomorrow, and i couldn't think of it any other way. :) Robin

Robin,

This is such a cool story, not because it's awesome but because it will basically be MY STORY in 3 more years ;)

Hubby and I were high school sweeties, he joined the military convienced the military woud send him back to his love *ahem, me!* in NC. I grew up an army brat and knew better. Got done with Basic and found out he was getting stationed in TX. He came home after basic and he asked my parents to marry me. I was 17 and in the 11th grade. We got married on October 20, 1993 and will celebrate 10 years of marriage in just 4 days!!! We've had some rough spots but we're still together and totally in love! He moved to TX 2 days after we got married (some other training for the military) I went back to high school. I was sick one day and went to the office to "check out" they said they'd have to call my parents. I had already moved out (before we got married) and was living with a friend and her family and told them I was married and that they didn't need to call my parents. They said state law required them to call my hubby, I gave them the number and said ok, but when he gets on the line I wanna say hi too. They noticed it was long distance and excused me from school.

I'm not sure which was more fun...everyone guessing when "the baby was due" (when I WASN'T pregnant!) or telling the principal I wanted to talk on the school's phone bill :D We actually didn't have kids for over 2 years (to everyones amazement!!) and would drive from TX to NC (home for us) for just a 3 day weekend because we were young, in love and home sick and our TINY box of a car would only cost us 50.00 in gas ROUND TRIP :rofl:

:kiss: AHHH memories!!:kiss:

Ours is sort of a unique story, we think anyway. When I was 8 months pregnant I moved with my family to another area. The father of the baby had taken off months before I was 19 years old. I decided to put an ad in our local newspaper in the personals to meet friends etc. in the area. I wasn't kidding myself thinking who was going to want to date an 8th month pregnant 19 year old with an obvious history here lol. One of the guys who answered the ad I almost didn't answer back, had met a lot of jerks only wanting sex which I obviously didn't need much at that point. Then I decided what the hell and called him back. Turns out he lived to streets away from me. He was actually in the delivery room when my child was born. We married 10 months later. Been together 10 years now and it's going great. :)

Originally posted by Elusive BiFem

I really like your analogy, Deesire...

It's kind of like starting at the end of a movie and working your way back to understand it.

I've thought and tried to say this same thing on many occasions...talking about becoming friends as well as swing partners...and never could find the right words to explain. Mind if I borrow them?

:)

;) Yes hun please do and I am glad you appreciate my analogy!!