JustAskJulie

Things not to do in a picture

divenaked said:
I was reviewing new pics on Swing Lifestyle earlier and a couple has submitted about 20 pics from 2004. She looked hot then, wonder what she looks like now....

I do not have many pics of me, but recently found one from the late 80's. Topless at Cherry Grove walking toward my husband from the water. Nice shot. What was nicer is that for all my years of working out I look the same. Ok, a few wrinkles have set in my face (not too badly), but the body, still the same. No fat, tight. Itty bitty titties but they are still perky as ever!

I think this summer I will have my husband retake the shot. It would be interesting to see them side by side.

So, maybe she does look same....give or take a wrinkle or two :)

If you are going to post wedding pictures and block your faces, you might also want to block the faces of your guests.

JustAskJulie said:
If you are going to post wedding pictures and block your faces, you might also want to block the faces of your guests.

Ahahahaha.... Ok that's funny.

Ahahahaha.... Ok thats funny.

As if posting a wedding picture wasn't bad enough!!

I've seen a number of profiles where other people are not blurred out. I often wonder if the poster had their permission, and would guess in the vast majority of cases the answer would be no. :(

I've seen a number of profiles where other people are not blurred out. I often wonder if the poster had their permission, and would guess in the vast majority of cases the answer would be no. :(

I saw one with George Bush! This was a single guy. He also had pictures with a bunch of other low level celebrities who I did not know (from food network and diy channel). I thought it was a funny choice to put them on a swinger profile. I certainly didn't think, "Man, he knows that chef and a president, I need to f#$% this guy!"

I saw one with George Bush!

George Bush is a swinger? Which one, Jr. or Sr.? Sorta makes sense with the traditional start of modern swinging, except Bush Sr. was a Navy pilot, not Air Force.

:lol:

George Bush is a swinger? Which one, Jr. or Sr.? Sorta makes sense with the traditional start of modern swinging, except Bush Sr. was a Navy pilot, not Air Force.

:lol:

You know I can't remember which one it was, and like I said the profile did not really garner my interest so I can't find it again!

After reading these posts I went back to SLS to check our photos! The public pix I think are ok. One of us together at a banquet a couple years ago, then a couple more current shots of us. Just face shots. The private photos are a bit more risque. I don't get why so many are fine with the t & a shots and then blur out faces? Or do they show faces in the private photos? I, for one, am not putting my tits up for public display! And really, way too many photos of the woman. If you're a couple, why no photos of the guy?

Has anyone said posing with guns? Something kind of unsettling about a sexy posed women holding a gun; kind of hot yet kind of scary lol

And really, way too many photos of the woman. If you're a couple, why no photos of the guy?

I like the photos of women (Male half here) :facelick: but I agree, there aren't enough photos of the guys. If you're a couple, both of you should have some good "clear" shots.

One more "thing" to add to the list. Do not picture yourself with an ex spouse or ex anyone at a swingers' site.

My wife was chatting at SLS, as she often does. This guy buzzes her and eventually offers to "open" the one picture he has with his profile. "Oh," she types, "who is that with you?" That's my ex wife," he blithely replies. At this revelation, she almost fell off of her chair.

Now why would anybody picture himself with his ex wife at a swinger's profile?

Just saw a picture on SLS (and wonder who the hell approved it) of nothing but a hat. Granted it was a Bear Bryant hat (so I guess it does tell us something about the wearer). Under the hat we could see maybe an inch of head. That was the only public picture of the guy.

A pissed-off looking woman with a glaring huge cold sore. HOTT

Oh Jeez!! Nasty!

The cutest red-head sitting on a toilet, toilet paper in hand. She is smiling in the picture!

If I saw a camera in my bathroom, you'd better believe I wouldn't be smiling and we'd probably have to call a plumber when I flush the memory card.

Oh, and this is a single male profile...

I saw on a local site today a series of provocative poses by a woman in a naughty schoolgirl outfit in an elementary classroom- legs spread wide on a little kid's chair, etc.

Question 1- How in hell did they have the balls to take those pictures in that setting? Even if it's her classroom, which I would suppose it must be, how could they know that no-one else would be in the building?

Question 2- If those pictures came to the attention of her employer, does she really think that her union would defend her when they fired her ass for conduct unbecoming a teacher? Because they will, and the union won't. After all, she is literally taking her lifestyle into the classroom. Boundaries, people.

Are we the only ones that prefer to see clothed vanilla pics? To us it gives you more of an idea of who they are. To just see some boobs or an ass in the air does not spark our interest. Sure, we have some risqué pics, but you don't get to see them until we meet. IMHO it screams "I have no class" to post public pics of just body parts.

To say they have no class may be a little harsh. I guess they're just more of exhibitionists than we are.

While reviewing and approving newly-uploaded pictures at the SLS Web site (it's tough duty, but somebody has to do it) I have seen my share of picture no-no's. But I have noticed a recent resurgence in a time-honored way of perpetrating a fraud: to take a digital photo of an image that is displayed on a computer monitor. My guess is that in certain cases the criminal is not able to copy-save the image he is going to pass off as his own, does not know how to accomplish a "screen capture" or lacks the knowledge for using image editing software so takes the lazy route.

In the old days of raster video, the fraud would be very evident. The completely different scan and image-refresh rates of a computer monitor would cause distinctive diagonal streaks in the image captured by the digital camera. I once even saw the image of the cameraman's glasses as a refection on the glass of the cathode-ray tube (I guess he forgot to turn the room lights off before snapping the picture). But recently, LCD and LED screens can be photographed and the resultant image will not have the tell-tale residual of raster, refresh or blanking interval.

There remain, none-the-less, some hints in the image. Examine a profile image for these:

- An overall "greenish" appearance in the image

- A "reddish" halo in the middle of the image

- Gradation of color temperature or "warmth" that changes gradually from the top of the image to the bottom.

- An area of the image that appears in-focus while another areas appears slightly out-of focus.

- An image that appears "keystoned" -- objects in the image do not seem to have the vanishing-point-at-infinity that normal vision has.

Of course there are the obvious give-aways such as seeing the frame of the monitor at the edges of the image. One was so bad that I was able to read the brand name of the monitor appearing at the upper-left of the frame. SLS does not want its picture reviewers to judge on the authenticity of an image. They just want to know if it is G-rated, PG-rated, or X-rated. So I must reluctantly let these the bullshit pictures pass.

SLS does not want its picture reviewers to judge on the authenticity of an image. They just want to know if it is G-rated, PG-rated, or X-rated. So I must reluctantly let these the bullshit pictures pass.

For these types of photos or any that question the validilty of I hit the dont know button and let an employee make the call.

For another site that I judge pics for they have a much more open choice as far as content goes but any pic that does not appear original or has any text even the screen name, gets tossed.

For these types of photos or any that question the validity of I hit the don't know button and let an employee make the call.

For another site that I judge pics for they have a much more open choice as far as content goes but any pic that does not appear original or has any text even the screen name, gets tossed.

I don't mean to make too fine a point about it but at SLS, if you hit the "I don't know" button, the system simply counts your vote as "no opinion" and gives attention to the votes that the other members make. The next time you turn on SLS and use the "Unapproved Pictures" link, you will get a report as to what the final outcome of the voting was. The only reasons for an SLS Webmaster to make a judgment on a picture are that you challenge to result of a vote (I Disagree) or a member senses something fishy in a profile and makes a "report".

My complaint about these attempts at fraud is not a complaint about the SLS system. I'm confident that the SLS Webmasters have considered that taking a picture off of a monitor screen is not always an attempt at fraud. The possibility, although small, still exists that it is the member's actual image on that screen and the member is simply dumb. I also believe that the SLS Webmasters are working on an assumption that the majority of members are sophisticated enough to know not to try to make a date with computer screen. No systems is perfect and the fraud is sometimes, unhappy, successful.

Yesterday as I was perving pics on a profile on the site we use... I was going damn...these are some hot pics.. Then I got to the anal folder, let's just say that the lady needed to clean up in that area before engaging in anal. Nothing like a pic of a guy's dick coming out covered with...well you get the picture :eek:

CandyCane said:
Yesterday as I was perving pics on a profile on the site we use... I was going damn...these are some hot pics.. Then I got to the anal folder, let's just say that the lady needed to clean up in that area before engaging in anal. Nothing like a pic of a guy's dick coming out covered with...well you get the picture :eek:

And just for that image... I give you what has been dubbed "The funniest thread ever".

Here's a pet peeve of mine: single male profiles with lots of action shots of women, faces fully visible, giving him a blow job. I always assume that those women do not know that they are being used to advertise his prowess to other women and couples. It's a fast way for me to winnow out the undesirables, but I still feel sorry for said women.

Here's a pet peeve of mine: single male profiles with lots of action shots of women, faces fully visible, giving him a blow job. I always assume that those women do not know that they are being used to advertise his prowess to other women and couples. It's a fast way for me to winnow out the undesirables, but I still feel sorry for said women.
my wife's reaction to such profiles as you describe has sometimes been, "appears he's having plenty enough fun without me and will need none of my attention."

My wife and just weren't sure at first what kind of pictures to put up, so we kinda made the same mistakes people talk about seeing on other profiles. However, after just a couple nights of browsing, we figured out real quick what mattered to us in pics and quickly adjusted out pics so that if we ran across us, we would find everything we wanted in the pictures available. I think most people have a hard time doing that for some reason.

The ones pass over because of pictures is the ones where the profile says they are a couple and the ONLY pics are of the guy. We ran across one recently where the guy was laying in bed, partially clothed and laying beside him with her back to the camera looked like the sleeping female of the couple. I think he was trying to take a quick snapshot before she could wake up because the expression on his face was kinda an oh shit what if she sees the flash look. Not sexy. We always bypass the dick pic only profiles too.

We have found on the swinger sights SLS/SZC, that even though they are a couple and pictures indicate they are. We end up getting an email that the female is not interested and the male wonders if we are open to him joining us.

So now we wonder if they are fakes or is the female think we are ugly. We lean more towards fakes.

• Like 1

We have found on the swinger sights SLS/SZC, that even though they are a couple and pictures indicate they are. We end up getting an email that the female is not interested and the male wonders if we are open to him joining us.

So now we wonder if they are fakes or is the female think we are ugly. We lean more towards fakes.

We have seen the same thing on AFF. There was this one guy, who I almost knew from the start was not going to turn out to be real. He was my age, 36, but his "wife" was 28. 28 was already the absolute youngest that we had discussed we would consider meeting up with, so we were iffy at the start to begin with, then see the difference in their age. We ended up messaging them anyway, because we were not having a lot of luck online at that point and found them both attractive so we decided, why not, it can't hurt. We ended up chatting on kik with them a couple nights and she barely even talked at all. She did say stuff now and then, or if asked something directly, but did not seem to really be there. So that was kinda clue 2 at that point. Then, on night I logged on to the site and happened to notice "they" were broadcasting a live cam, so I decided to check it out. It was just him, sitting there in a chair jacking off. No her at all. Messaged them on kik and got a response back, just sitting at home hanging out with each other. Then, a little while after that we got the message that she was not interested, but he would love to come and join us in a threesome.

This isn’t as much about what not to do in a pic as about pic selection for profile.

Single males who post pics of women on their profile, WORST is when it default image. Either a pics as a couple or a breast with hand on it, or great pic of her face with his dick in her mouth. Are they a couple? Married? Or 100% intentionally misleading/deceptive?!

We always assume its an attempt at deception and move on. The only way a woman should be on a single guys profile pic is as a part of an MMF with the single guy.

I read some of this, look at the messages in my mailbox and wonder sometimes WTF am I doing here. I have met some fun people, couples and single guys that know how to have fun but sometimes it loses its luster. Met too many creeps too.

But for me it's more of a hobby, not a lifestyle.

• Like 2

Things not to do in swinging profile pictures?

1: Play Partners: I think this is one of my biggest pet hates regarding pictures, but on many occasions a couple or single man will take pictures of themselves having sex with people and THEN will take great care to edit out their faces for security reasons, but will leave the persons face their playing with in full view and splash it around swingers profiles. I have noticed countless couples profiles where they edit out their own faces and then leave everyone else's faces uncovered, that sure they cover their own faces for security reasons but don't cover anyone else's faces which to me is a total breach of trust :mad:

2: Social Networking: Do NOT use pictures of yourself that appear in other places, for example don't use pictures on your swingers profiles that you already have on Face Book / Twitter or other social networking sites. I have noticed a lot of people use their Face Book profile picture as their face picture on swingers sites which often makes them a lot easier to find.

3: No Uniforms: I have sometimes noticed people taking pictures of themselves whilst wearing their work uniforms / work ID badges / old school or university uniforms / work logos, this is obviously a really bad idea, not only does it help people find or track you, but also can easily be spotted by work mates or people who know that specific uniform.

4: Friends & Family: I sometimes notice people using photos of themselves standing with friends or family, for example they attend a friends party or family BBQ and decide to use those pictures which again is a really bad idea that drastically increases the chances of someone recognizing your friends or family members.

5: House: I notice some people taking pictures of themselves standing in front of their house / on the street where they live / in the back garden, and to a person who knows your city or town well enough they can easily pin point your location. In the city where I use to live I noticed several couples who had taken pictures of themselves in their gardens / showing their house and taking into account I was born in that city I tuck one look at the pictures and said "Yep I know exactly where that house is" one of them I drive past everyday for work.

6: Pubic Hair: If your going to take some sexy pictures of yourself for use on swingers sites then please make sure to trim / groom your pubic hair before you take those pictures. I have lost count of how many guys take close up pictures of their dicks whilst all along they have a huge messy overgrown bush of pubic hair that doesn't look like its been trimmed in 10 years and has flakes of food stuck in it. Yuck it looks revolting and gives a very strong impression that you don't care for your personal hygiene :nono:

7: Finger Nails: I have again lost count of how many guys take pictures of their dicks when all along the hand they are using to hold that dick is fucking filthy and has dirt riddled uncut finger nails and stained unwashed hands that just looks awful. If your going to take sexy pictures to use on swingers profiles make sure your hand are clean and fingers nails freshly trimmed.

8: Background: If your going to take sexy pictures of yourself for use on swingers sites then please think about the background / backdrop of those pictures and what it says about you as a person. I have lost count of how many profiles I see with terrible / dirty / scruffy backgrounds. The person strips naked and then takes photos of themselves to put on swingers sites and all along in the background their are dirty stinking socks thrown all over the room, beer cans on the floor, overflowing ash trays on the bedside table, empty pizza boxes piling up on the desk, crumbs and bits all over the carpet, that the place looks a right mess.

The other classic is how so called "Single Men" take photos of themselves for use on swingers sites and actually in the background you can see pictures of them and their family on the wall, some married man standing with his dick out asking for discreet sex and directly behind him is a picture hanging on the wall of him, his wife, and two children. I also notice a lot of people taking photos in fairly cluttered family homes, that behind them on the pictures are things like book shelves / magazine racks / clothes over radiators / computer desks / bins / personal mail, basically they take pictures of themselves in their living room or bedroom which can often distract people.

If the background of your pictures shows "Too Much" then people will not only judge your pictures on your body but also on your home and what the backgrounds of the pictures shows. Many years ago now I tuck some photos in my bedroom and when I used those photos online within a few weeks someone messaged me and said "Hey I noticed the shopping bag in the background of your picture, I also shop at that store and live just 5 minutes walk away" That maybe you shop at a small local business / local trendy clothes shop who have distinctive shopping bags, and just by leaving one of those bags in the background of your pictures people can start to figure out where you are / where you shop.

The little details in the background of pictures really matters, I remember years ago speaking to one girl who said that like me she lived in the UK. I asked her where she tuck her pictures? She replied by saying she tuck these pictures at her house in the UK. I stopped speaking to her at that point considering all of the plug sockets were 2 pin USA plug sockets and not the UK 3 pin sockets which are British regulation, no builder would fit 2 pin plug sockets in a UK house so chance are that person was just a fake profile, some sad pathetic 35 year old guy pretending to be a young women for weird personal kicks.

The point however is that the "Background" of your pictures can tell people an awful lot, the BEST BACKGROUND is a plain simple background that doesn't show any details about your life or house. For example stand yourself in front of a freshly painted wall, stand yourself in front of a nice wardrobe door which means no one can see details of your life or house. Standing in front of a freshly painted wall could be anywhere in the world, standing in front of a nice wardrobe door could be anywhere in the world. Taking pictures in your living room for everyone to see not only gives things away about you and your life but also increases the chance of a friend or family member spotting those pictures.

9: Everyday Clothes: I noticed that sometimes people take pictures of themselves wearing their favourite clothes, that maybe you have a shirt and a pair of jeans which you always wear because you think they look great. Well basically don't wear those clothes, instead wear clothes that you wouldn't usually wear. In years gone by I have seen pictures of sexy women on swingers sites wearing very specific dresses and then months later have seen the same girl walking down the street wearing the same dress. Another example would be a women who wears a very specific dress or jacket and then her boss finds her swingers profile and recognises the dress or jacket.

10: Bedding: This is perhaps another one of my pet hates that single guys do all of the time, basically they lay on their bed and take pictures of their dicks, yet surrounding them is messy / unmade / stained / sweaty cum stained looking bedding that is all mismatched and looks like it came from a tramps backpack. This person is trying to attract you into having sex with them when in reality it looks like their bedding hasn't even been washed in a year. I also think people pick drastically BAD BEDDING to take pictures on, that young single men end up having black stained bed sheets with a old tatty flower covered duvet cover and screwed up sweaty white cushions, it just ends up been a really messy array of colours. In my opinion the best bedding to take pictures on would be all matching, it would look clean, ironed, fresh and wouldn't look like a thrown together messy second hand set of crusty bedding.

11: Bathroom Photos: This again is one of the classics, where a guy sneaks off into the gym toilet, or finds some toilet at his work or university and stands their locked in the bathroom taking pictures of his cock. Right beneath those pictures are his shit stained boxer shorts hanging around his ankles, right below this picture of his dick are not only his shit stained boxer shorts but his scruffy shoes and are standing in dried puddles of sticky piss and have bits of toilet paper all over the floor, if your really lucky you set to see the piss and shit stained toilet that he is standing over to take these amazing pictures. I remember seeing pictures of one guy who had pictured his penis in some filthy toilet and looking down he had orange boxer shorts on and must have had a 6 inch shit stain all up the back of his boxer shorts, I personally find bathroom pictures to be a turn off.

12: Tattoos: I notice a lot of people show their tattoos in their pictures, personally I prefer to hide or edit out things like tattoos from photos, because again showing your tattoos or piercings in swinger profile pictures just vastly increases the chances of someone recognizing you in real life, those people could be your friends, family members, or even your boss.

13: Old Pictures: It really helps if your pictures are not 20 years old. I find a lot of people aged around 40 / 50 find much younger photos of themselves to put online, you know pictures of themselves before they went bold, before they put on 5 another 5 stone in weight, before their hair turned grey. Really I don't want to see a 1990's picture of you I want to see a current picture of you now, today, not pictures from 20 years ago.

14: Pets: Don't show pictures of your pets, it doesn't matter if its a cat / dog / snake / rabbit or whatever else, firstly you increasing the chance of someone recognizing your pet and figuring out who you are in real life, but secondly a lot of people find pets to be dirty / scary / dangerous / not clean. For example a picture of a women trying to look sexy laid on a bed when there is a huge dog laid on the bottom of the bed licking its own bum hole.

15: No Naked Faces Pictures: Personally I do not recommend people putting naked pictures of themselves on swingers sites that also show their faces. If your friends / enemies / work mates / family members get hold of naked photos of you that clearly show your face then you can land yourself in a lot of trouble. I generally recommend that any "Face Pictures" you take are whilst your fully clothed, and that any "Naked Pictures" you take have you face cut off the picture or edited out of the picture.

16: Children's Toys: I have seen various couples taking photos of themselves with children's cots / children's clothes / children's toys shoved in the corner of the room and to be honest it always pisses me off, I mean this is where your child sleeps, this is the toys your child plays with, the clothes your child wears and some idiot couples take pictures with all that stuff in the background and splash it around swingers sites. The chances are any child abuser who comes across those photos will instantly target you because they know you have children.

17: Alcohol & Drugs: I find pictures of people on heavy drinking nights or party pictures containing drugs often put a lot of people off, many people don't even drink, many people don't smoke or do drugs and taking pictures of yourself doing those things can put a lot of other people off you.

I have seen more than once single guys with identifiable face pictures of other women not mentioned in their ad. This is a huge lack of discretion and I wonder do these woman know their face is on a swinger site.

• Like 1

I have seen more than once single guys with identifiable face pictures of other women not mentioned in their ad. This is a huge lack of discretion and I wonder do these woman know their face is on a swinger site.
I have very often wondered this. Now I will tell a story. I was recently speaking with a woman at local house party. I said to her that I enjoyed her pictures at a particular SLS on-line profile. She replied, "what? have never put pictures an any such profile." She and I both reported this to SLS and to their credit they removed the offending profile. I have yet to learn if this woman, an attorney, has instigated legal action.

I contacted SLS to clarify the policy “you can upload pictures of yourself (or your partner for a couple.) Pictures must contain at least one of the profile owners in them.” So nothing that clearly states you can’t put someone else in a picture with you that isn’t a part of your profile. I let’s SLS know I felt this was somewhat irresponsible and if I found someone had put my face in a picture with them (my pics don’t show full face like I am seeing) on a swinger site I would be contacting a lawyer. I know sometimes couples change to singles and may forget to edit their profile.

I wonder when pictures are reviewed is there any reference to the type of account? Even with private pictures it doesn’t seem like a good idea, especially saying all the changes were for legal matters.

I informed both SLS and the single male that contacted me and had another woman’s face that I thought this was a lack of discretion. Her picture is still there. Let’s me know who to avoid. SLS can do better but chooses not too. $$$

• Like 1

My advice has always been to post a non nude pic with faces in a reply so that everyone can see and judge for themselves if this is a couple I would like to meet based on the visual and textual response.

For the skittish you can always say that they must have cut and copied your picture from somewhere "in space" :)

Agree with most here. Biggest issues seem to be around single men with women I their pics wives, GF, exes, who knows. Either way see it as click bait deceptive.

Started seeing a few where the guy was at a target range, posing with a gun, sword, or knife. Does not make us feel safe or trusting of a strange guy who wants to be invited into our bed. Especially if the are white, 25-45 with 80s glasses. ie classic seriel killer profile.

Never, never, never post pics with guns. One, it’s a hot political issue that tends to polarize support and opposition. Two, it make me question my safety if I ever met this person, ESPECIALLY if it a single male!!!

Almost, but not quite as annoying is the Instagram pics with Anime eyes, bunny ears, and exaggerated features. Just blur that shit out. We may be too old but it doesn’t appear cute or sexy but immature like something pre-teen girls are doing.

Your profile is you trying to get people interested in what you have to offer to them! Just like say selling a car or anything online the interest is going to be dependent on what are willing to put out there to catch people’s attention.

If we were looking to buy a car online and there were no pictures we would skip the ad! If there was only pictures of the dirty engine taken from multiple angles and none of the body we would skip it. If there was only a picture of the head lights we would pass it by. If they said it was blue, but it was a totally different colour we would skip it. If they said it was a sports coupe, but in the pictures it was really a family sedan we would pass. If the pictures on the ad were clearly ones taken off the internet we would pass. If it had multiple pictures of the nice freshly washed body with a good description of the year mileage and other stats we would contact to make arrangements to see it.

Much the same as when looking at ads for potential play partners.