JustAskJulie

Things not to do in a picture

I love this post! I too would like to see more of the male half of the couples, since they go along with the hot women! And I have seen that pimply ass and it's not pretty! Although our profile pic is of the both of us, smiling, it is not our best and we do get passed by unfortunatly, but it is the two of us and we are happy to be there! I also dislike the no pics or the private pics that people refuse to show because they need t be "discreet", yet they see all of you up front. Nonetheless, we keep checking and we find a few great profiles and couples to go with them!

Greg & Sheryl said:
Thankfully, the "back-of-the-head to the upper-thighs back" shot isn't nearly as bad as the closely cropped ass shot. We're sure there are ladies who might appreciate either shot, but for us, they just make us cringe.

I just read your other post and noticed that you said, "... an ass shot as the only photo on his profile."

Okey-doke.

Thrax said:
I just read your other post and noticed that you said, "... an ass shot as the only photo on his profile."

Okey-doke.

Uhm. I (and I think I can speak for at least 99% of the female posters on this board) very much enjoy your ass. We are not opposed to the ass avatar. Truly.

sweet_tna said:
Oh well, we'll be pegged now for sure. People we know will recognize our furniture and the Steelers stuff on our walls.

Where we used to live, there was base housing. We could pick out military couples because they'd show so much of their house in the picture. Seriously, we don't need to see half of your kitchen in the pic.

Ok I thought I had seen it all until tonight. I am sitting here going over some profiles and I clicked on this one couple. The 2nd photo in their profile is a picture of the wife sitting on the toilet in what appears to be in the act of doing something. :eek::nono:

I mean...is that really supposed to make me want to send you an email to see if we can get together!

So yea I guess I would have to add this picture into my list of those that turn me off. :lol:

• Like 1

Saw it just tonight. Some clown posted his wedding pictures. How do I know it was a guy? Well, I'll tell you. No woman would ever do it. And that's a fact.

And a wonderful avatar it is!

If you guys did the traditional wedding though, would you post those pictures on your SLS profile?

SW_PA - I've seen this too ... cutting the cake and everything! I wasn't turned off as much as I was humored by it.

Pimply asses still turn me off, though ... (wink)

SW_PA - I've seen this too ... cutting the cake and everything! I wasn't turned off as much as I was humored by it.

We've seen that one too, it actually was the "feeding each other the cake" photo. Tux, wedding dress, whole 9 yards :eek:

SW_PA_Couple said:
Saw it just tonight. Some clown posted his wedding pictures. How do I know it was a guy? Well, I'll tell you. No woman would ever do it. And that's a fact.

It is probably the photos of the wedding with his ex-wife.:sad:

havefuninsun said:
And a wonderful avatar it is!

If you guys did the traditional wedding though, would you post those pictures on your SLS profile?

I don't know. The wedding pictures don't bother me nearly as much as the wedding pictures with kids or family in them.

I was looking at who added SwingersBoard on MySpace and noticed a few profiles where their primary picture was of their kids or them with their kids. I realize it's not a personals site, but unless you are only using it to communicate with family and don't allow anyone else to see your profile, your kids SHOULD NOT be on there.

We saw that a lot 7 years ago when we first were looking at swinging.

Most people had scans not digital pictures and it seemed the wedding shots were pretty common.

Sadly, after reading this thread, I realize there are more pictures in profiles that turn us off, rather than turn us on.

Another thought about pictures that may not fit here, but maybe others have noticed what I've noticed, and that is the increased number of "Glamour Shots" photos. That was a chain company around here that has since changed their name, but they still have studios in malls around the country. Women often go there, get dressed in the sexy outfits of their choice provided by the studio and then have sexy pics to take home to their husband. I've seen these show up in profiles. Some are okay, but usually they look very staged and unnatural. Some women don't even appear to be comfortable in front of the camera because they exude no sex appeal at all.

I've had women tell me that they were thrilled with how the studio "made them up" with make-up tricks that gave them higher cheekbones and a sharper "less flabby" jawline. I can only imagine what digital magic may have been done as well.

Do these pictures appeal to you, or do you wonder whether the person will look like they do in these pictures?

LikeMinds321 said:

Do these pictures appeal to you, or do you wonder whether the person will look like they do in these pictures?

LL has a bunch of these.

I wouldn't call it a turn off, but I'd call it a 'buyer beware' type of thing.

I don't have pimples, but I do have dimples. That is why you'll never see a nacked pic of my ass in any photo. How do you have a flat ass with dimples? :lol: Gotta work on that.

We don't like photos of wedding pics (traditional), whole families, no face pics, just of the private areas, or prison mugs.

LikeMinds321 said:
....the increased number of "Glamour Shots" photos.

....Do these pictures appeal to you, or do you wonder whether the person will look like they do in these pictures?

Yes, if it looks like "glamour" photography, I figure that they don't look so much like that in real life. First, the makeup and hair will probably be a lot heavier and stiffer than in real life, and the blemishes & wrinkles are often softened/blended right out.

I think that Glamour Shots has improved since the old days, though. I took my daughter there for her senior pictures, and hers actually turned out exceptionally well (and not stiff-looking). However, I told the makeup and hair people that this is a fresh, young girl and to not make her look like Miss Kitty! They did a great job.

Do you remember back in the day when everybody with Glamour Shots had the cheesy feather boas, huge stiff hair, tons of eyeshadow and the same cheesy, stiff poses? :lol:

You really can find anything online....even the classic overly-made-up, awkwardly tilted head, feather boa Glamour Shots!

Tybee Swing said:
You really can find anything online....even the classic overly-made-up, awkwardly tilted head, feather boa Glamour Shots!

But I still see some like this in profiles!

And then some have caught up to the 21st century, but still look overdone, and the poor woman looks so uncomfortable, like she has no idea what sex is.

There is one woman who has these type of pictures on her ad site and I swear the photographer must have told her, "Hon, spread your legs a little more, that is how it's done sweety."

LOL!!!!! Oh LM, those sound awful.

Have you met any of those? If so, how different did they look in real life?

Tybee Swing said:
LOL!!!!! Oh LM, those sound awful.

Have you met any of those? If so, how different did they look in real life?

Nope. Never met any people with these type of pictures...but then, maybe we have seen them at the club but didn't recognize them. :lol:

While a few close-ups are ok, a close-up as the main picture on a profile is always a turn-off! We especially love the "couple's" profile that has a close-up of the guys wiener as the first pic!

SCcpl40 said:
On initial or default profile pics, people must remember, you only have one opportunity to make a good first impression! From selling an idea to catching a fish, it's all about presentation. You're selling yourself to the world, make sure you're using the right bait.

Speaking of fish, there is a brand new local-area member of SLS, signed up on Feb. 14, and he has a photo of himself holding a great, big fish as his initial profile picture. That picture, the tag line this is why I'm hot [i reproduced the misspelled word faithfully] and the embedded brag decently hung tell everybody who views the profile that no actual female was involved in its composition (unless, of course, the fish is female).

We were looking at the random matches on SLS the other day and there was this picture I could not figure out. At first it looked like two dicks sitting on a couch atop 2 sets of legs (yes as strange as it sounds), then when you open the picture it's actually a guy leaning down (bent at the waist) over a couch with his legs between the woman's legs. (so what looked like two dicks were actually his ass cheeks).

One of my pet peeves is as others have said... no pictures of one half of the couple. I've seen it, although rarely, a profile with nothing but pictures of the guy and none of the lady. Then there are NUMEROUS profiles with 80+ pictures of the lady and NONE of the guy... OR just a very shadowed picture of his head or a crotch shot or some such nonsense.

My wife keeps asking me... "Why don't they show a picture of the husband? I want to know at least vaguely what he looks like... "

I personally like to see pictures with both spouses where I can see their face and I can tell by just looking... "Yep, they are really in love..."

I try to keep that same theme with our pictures... only two right now on our public gallery. Some 'nearly nude' photos of us in our private gallery. (Lingere for her... thong on me). I'm no Ken and She's no Barbi, but we are not ashamed of who we are and how we are shaped. :D

Anyone think of better poses/pictures we could put in our public gallery?

WOW, my 2 cents have already been put in...the garbage in the background, etc. But I had to share this...as it fits here just perfect...I have a "stalker" on SLS. I always decline his mail & chat invites, but he keeps on coming back. He's in his mid 20's or so, *& his picture is of himself in a messy bedroom that looks like a teenage boys, I've got the guy pegged now. I finally responded (& I thought that the sarcasim would come through, but apparantly not) I said, well will your mom be picking up your room befpre we come over? He responded back that no, she's been busy lately. OMG!!! I've blocked him for good now! :ass:

One thing that gets me is when the person in the picture looks bored or pissed off. I want to see smiles or a passionate glance--something that gives me an idea that he/she is fun to be around.

thong on me

Well, I don't know how to break this too you.....

But no man, ever, looks good in a thong. :sorry:

As a woman I have to disagree and say that while MOST men should NEVER wear a thong... I've seen a handful that should ALWAYS wear nothing but a thong.

Well, I don't know how to break this too you.....

But no man, ever, looks good in a thong. :sorry:

Absolutely right.

We have a couple of guys that come to the club and within minutes they are dressed in nothing but a thong, and they wonder why they rarely get any offers. The fact is, the women are to busy telling each other how grossed out they are by the guys in the thongs to even notice anything else about these guys. One of them who comes almost every week was lucky enough to have a woman finally take him aside and tell him how much it grossed her out, and how much the women of the club were repulsed by the site of him in a thong. Since he quit wearing the thong, it turns out, he is actually a fairly nice guy. I'll admit, we talk to almost everybody at the club, but we avoided him like the plague when he used to prance around in the thong.

As a woman I have to disagree and say that while MOST men should NEVER wear a thong... I've seen a handful that should ALWAYS wear nothing but a thong.

Alright, I'll get a thong, but I'll only wear it for you.:lol:

Actually, we have had several group discussions about this at the club. the consensus amongst the women was that it isn't that the guys look bad in the thong, but more the "look how purty I am" attitude that they have to have to wear one in the club setting that was the turn off to them.

I have not read any of the responses in this thread or even the OP...all I saw was "Things Not to do in a Picture" and my first thought was ....don't pick your nose :hahaha:

Teresa

Alright, I'll get a thong, but I'll only wear it for you.:lol:

Actually, we have had several group discussions about this at the club. the consensus amongst the women was that it isn't that the guys look bad in the thong, but more the "look how purty I am" attitude that they have to have to wear one in the club setting that was the turn off to them.

You may have a point. I can say I've seen a few guys who do look really hot in a thong (or even one of those skimpy male bikini's) but they are few and far between. I'd rather see guys err on the side of caution.

If you haven't been hired as a male stripper in the last 6 months you probably shouldn't wear a thong.

JustAskJulie said:

If you haven't been hired as a male stripper in the last 6 months you probably shouldn't wear a thong.

I can't be a male stripper, because all the other men would get jealous.....lmao!! :lol:

We recently received an email with a pic of a guy's cock held alongside a 16 oz beer can. We presume the effect he was going for was not "what WAS this dude thinking when he sent this?!?!?!" but we the pic didn't drive us to the phone to call him.

TNT said:
I have not read any of the responses in this thread or even the OP...all I saw was "Things Not to do in a Picture" and my first thought was ....don't pick your nose :hahaha:

Teresa

That reminds me. Sometimes we go into video chat rooms on paltalk, where you can turn on your webcam as well as watch other folks. There have been occasions where I have forgotten that we were broadcasting and proceeded to assist a booger in leaving it's home. Can you say whoops...

As to me wearing a thong... I do it for the wife... she LOVES looking at my buns. :lol:

Other things that bug me about profile pictures are professional picture shoots. Not that I don't think they are wonderfully executed and show off the subject very well... but to me it's almost like false advertising. Do they really look that good all the time in person? I doubt it.

Now, some of the photos nearly look pro, but have no special lighting (that I can tell) and show the person in a most natural way. THOSE I like!

here2play said:
I love this post! I too would like to see more of the male half of the couples, since they go along with the hot women! And I have seen that pimply ass and it's not pretty! Although our profile pic is of the both of us, smiling, it is not our best and we do get passed by unfortunately, but it is the two of us and we are happy to be there! I also dislike the no pics or the private pics that people refuse to show because they need t be "discreet", yet they see all of you up front. Nonetheless, we keep checking and we find a few great profiles and couples to go with them!

I think most couples post more pics of woman then men because there are a lot of bi woman, and men don't want to look at weiner, i dont, lots of men don't, I want to see woman, and so does the misses, what a woman looks like is more important then the man!! That is my twisted pov.

BiFemCpl03 said:
Maybe we are different..But we don't post any kind of pic...The only time we share is when we start to talk to someone...I know that sounds nuts..But it's just how we are...We don't post anything..

Good luck finding anyone. Most people aren't interested in an ad without pics.

Great thread. In the short amount of time I've had to peek on SLS all I can say is I've been horrified!

Seriously, even people that you can tell are probably attractive in person look so skanky in their pictures. Forget the faces, most of them are boob shots, body shots, butt shots, etc. etc. WHO could possibly think it's an attractive way to represent themselves?

It's a mystery why people don't come up with creative ways to represent themselves without "letting it all hang out." Or am I just mistaken in the belief that sometimes it's what you DON'T show that makes all the difference. Seriously, I'd much rather meet someone with a great personality, sexy attitude, and tasteful pictures than go meet someone when I've already seen their gynecologist's view.

Where's the mystery, excitement, and build-up? Isn't that supposed to be part of the fun?

Yeah, ideally they'll send face pics once there's a spark... but before they've piqued my interest with their interesting personality I'm not ready to buy "whatever it is" they're selling!

Also, what's with all the couples only showing just the female's picture? Sorry to offend anyone because I know tons of people do it... but when I'm personally looking for couples I want to see them both... and preferably in a photo together looking happy.

A simple photo of a happy couple beats out any photo of just the woman (and her ass/cleavage/coochie). When an ad is listed as a couple but the man is missing from the picture it kinda makes me assume he must be really unattractive... or maybe not fully on board.

By the way, I love Julie's avatar... Very sexy, with just a subtle hint of naughty. Everyone should be so creative!

We have a couple of guys that come to the club and within minutes they are dressed in nothing but a thong, and they wonder why they rarely get any offers. The fact is, the women are to busy telling each other how grossed out they are by the guys in the thongs to even notice anything else about these guys. One of them who comes almost every week was lucky enough to have a woman finally take him aside and tell him how much it grossed her out, and how much the women of the club were repulsed by the site of him in a thong. Since he quit wearing the thong, it turns out, he is actually a fairly nice guy. I'll admit, we talk to almost everybody at the club, but we avoided him like the plague when he used to prance around in the thong.

We have been to a club where guys have done this too, or they start walking around with just a towel on....and it's not a big towel. There are very few who look good in towel or thong....Uhh...almost makes me vomit in my mouth just thinking about it.

Rather than "Things to not do in a picture", I am going to suggest something that should not be done with a picture. Do not sneak up on your significant other with a camera, snap a picture of her disrobed body and post it on the World Wide Web without her knowledge. Guys seems to be doing this quite often and for various and devious reasons. It is a dead giveaway. Example: I see an on-line profile having a picture of a woman half-visible through the open door of a bathroom. The word "fraud" instantly leaps into my mind.

~Michael

I appear to be the oddball today.

I love a man in a thong and a pair of chaps. :facelick:

Especially if he's bald!

Mrs. D

Rather than "Things to not do in a picture", I am going to suggest something that should not be done with a picture. Do not sneak up on your significant other with a camera, snap a picture of her disrobed body

I was just looking at a profile on SLS and saw a great example of this... it's a picture of the woman in the shower and not in a very favorable position.

SnowwwWhite,

My wife and I couldn't agree more. She really gets ticked off when the profile reads really well and there are 30+ pictures of the lady (Mostly classy shots too) and NOTHING of the man to be found. She feels like that would be somewhat of a 'blind date' and definitely to her disadvantage.

My avatar is me, period. Our main pictures on SLS is of us... period. If people want to see the 'goods' they can meet us... or meat us... :lol:

I can't count the number of men that I have corrected for posting pics of themselves (faces included) in their uniforms. Just begging for trouble.

My wife and I couldn't agree more. She really gets ticked off when the profile reads really well and there are 30+ pictures of the lady (Mostly classy shots too) and NOTHING of the man to be found. She feels like that would be somewhat of a 'blind date' and definitely to her disadvantage.

My avatar is me, period. Our main pictures on SLS is of us... period. If people want to see the 'goods' they can meet us... or meat us... :lol:

Haha! You're lucky to be seeing the "classy shots" because somehow in my search range there are way too many people who are all too ready to put the "goods" on display right up front.

I'm glad to hear you guys are one of the few who put both of your pictures up and hold off on the XXX shots. For me, I couldn't imagine being interested in an ad with someone selling their body first. I do realize the site is all about hooking up with people for sex, but what happened to allure and mystery and sexual tension?

Alright, alright... maybe I'm expecting geisha-level seduction from the average Joe Shmoe down the street. But I just think sex appeal starts in the mind... intelligence, class, and a subtle yet confident way of luring someone in without banking on a boob shot. Putting up racy pictures just seems kind of amateur and makes me think "horny and dumb." Not an attractive combination.

I guess as they say "to each their own." I'm sure there are many who are looking for the couples (and singles) who throw out the body shots. It's obviously a lot easier for them... and harder for someone like me who gets turned off by bad taste.

But hey, quality over quantity.

cuzzeyesaidso,

YES! How stupid are the people they are letting through basic or the academy now days? WTF?

Geez... get in your civvies and cover you damn face!!! I was allowed to post some pictures of a friend of ours in our 'private' gallery, but they had to be either with him clothed (Not uniform obviously) or not showing his face because of the work he does (law enforcement). Yes, there are VERY easy ways of capturing those pictures off of SLS... NO, I won't tell you how. :nono:

I don't mind 'sexy' shots of people who pose sexy for the camera. What I mind, like you said are the 'whore' shots they take to 'sell' themselves to others... I mean c'mon you're giving it away for free for crying out loud... don't try so hard!

Cheers!

Study: In sexy shots, men look at faces first - USATODAY.com

I have been conducting research. What I think I have discovered: (1) Men are more likely to respond positively to a picture of pretty face (2) Women are not so much turned on by the image of a man's naked body as by a man shown is some kind of act of passion or affection with a woman. Maybe this could serve as a guide for what kinds of pictures to put into an on-line profile.

A thing not to do in a picture: hold a 12-inch-long plastic penis in your hand in such a way that it looks like it is attached to your lower abdomen when, in actual fact, your real but rather diminutive wiener is tucked up between your legs so that it cannot be seen. Just saw one such at AFF.

I too do not like the pics with all the clutter in the back ground. Totally turns me off and FAST.

My husband and i saw one profile photo and the girl was in a chair straddled and you could see her tampon string. PUKE.

we ONLY HAVE pics of me up on our profile. you can't see my face. WE do have private photos of both of us though with faces etc.

I also don't like COCK shots or the "open va jay jay" pics either.