JustAskJulie

Things not to do in a picture

Leave out the male half!

We blur/black out our face but you can see what we look like. It is a pic of us clothed and smilin so you can see our body types and that we are blonde/caucasion couple.

Most of the women on the profiles are sexy or can take a discreet sexy photo. Mrs Shy is quite selective withthe guys. Just a few of her dislikes are small/scrawny men, excessive facial hair (or just a moustache), tats, piercings, or anything that she thinks makes him look like a thug, punk, or ganster.

JustAskJulie said:

Why is it that when people post pics with their ads they pick the post awful pictures? I mean, do they not look at them?

Webcam shots of a couple that looked completely pissed off.... or in the case of the guy made him look like someone you don't want to piss off...

I saw a random profile go by, their screen name is sweetXXcouplenn (not exactly) but the only public photo is as Julie noted above..he's scowling and you don't want to piss him off (even more). What the heck are people thinking?

I wonder that often when looking at profiles. WTH? Is that the best pic you've got? I understand reality but jeebus if you're trying to get laid at least have a fucking smile on your face.

Over the last couple of days:

* an X-ray image of a human head along with the transparent image of an erect penis in it's slightly open jaw -- found this one while in the process of approving and disapproving newly-submitted images at a swingers' Web site -- disapproved it -- the head, incidentally, appeared to be empty

* included with a profile from which we received an invitation to meet "them", three pictures that had watermarks spelling out a Web address for a place where you trade triple-X pictures -- we decline the invitation -- politely, of course -- but I was thinking "How stupid do you think we are?"

SW_PA_Couple said:
Over the last couple of days:

* an X-ray image of a human head along with the transparent image of an erect penis in it's slightly open jaw -- found this one while in the process of approving and disapproving newly-submitted images at a swingers' Web site -- disapproved it -- the head, incidentally, appeared to be empty.

That one has been circling the internet for quite a while, and in case anyone wasn't sure, no it's not real.

In 12 pages, I didn't see (could have missed this but) anyone jump on the pictures of women with the shotguns and pistols. Okay, I'm ex-military, very comfortable around weapons but standing next to a tree naked with a hunters jacket and a shotgun just doesn't quite do it for me.

Okay, you going to shoot me and mount my penis on your wall afterwards honey?

Next ....

In 12 pages, I didn't see (could have missed this but) anyone jump on the pictures of women with the shotguns and pistols. Okay, I'm ex-military, very comfortable around weapons but standing next to a tree naked with a hunters jacket and a shotgun just doesn't quite do it for me.

Next ....

Must be a local thing as I've never seen it.

There is a first time for everything. Sent you a PM

I'm sure they are very nice...........

Next ....

Conicidnce that you should mention this. This weekend, I hear a brief interview with singer-songwriter Robert Earl Keen who says that he knows he has arrived in "Hill Billy Heaven" when he is awakened one morning by the sound of gunshots. He goes out the back porch and sees his wife with a deer rifle wearing only her panties and brassiere shooting at cats.

I too have seen such pictures attached to profiles as Swinglifestyle. Men too. There one in particular that looks like he is prepared for an urban assault.

They are only found in your finer curio shops, try looking in the jackalope section

They are only found in your finer curio shops, try looking in the jackalope section

I was crying for about 5 minutes after reading this, very funny. :lol:

Neither he or I like the spread open pussy shots but do like the closed pussy shots especially one with a nice set of lips and clit (should be another new post).

I like hard cock shots but not the ones where they obviously are trying to make it look bigger then it is.

I detest shots with slut written on the woman, is this a turn on?

Why do people post pics without her smiling?

I like couple shots.

It is weird to see what people leave in the backgrounds.

SW_PA_Couple said:
Coincidence that you should mention this. This weekend, I hear a brief interview with singer-songwriter Robert Earl Keen who says that he knows he has arrived in "Hill Billy Heaven" when he is awakened one morning by the sound of gunshots. He goes out the back porch and sees his wife with a deer rifle wearing only her panties and brassiere shooting at cats.

I too have seen such pictures attached to profiles as Swinglifestyle. Men too. There one in particular that looks like he is prepared for an urban assault.

Show me a woman who can handle a firearm, and I get all whooshy inside.

I fell in love with a woman who can :)

The issue I have with women posing with firearms is simple. I just don't want some yahoo contacting us and asking to use my weapon for the night!

The issue I have with women posing with firearms is simple. I just dont want some yahoo contacting us and asking to use my weapon for the night!

you share your wife but not your firearms? ;)

you share your wife but not your firearms? ;)

That's the problem! I WOULD NEVER SHARE MY FIREARMS!!!!!! They can get their own!

Just found this one:

Face and torso of a guy standing in a massive cloud of smoke he's clearly exhaling. Looks like he smoked half a cigar in one go to store up enough for the picture. :eek:

We're not anti-smoking. We hang out with some perfectly lovely smokers. But if they kept exhaling sun-blocking clouds of it to be sexy, we'd probably reconsider our relationship. :nono::lol:

They leave the tags on so they can return it to the store later.

Pose on a bed that has no bedding! It just looks so low rent to me! YUCK!

Pose on a bed that has no bedding! It just looks so low rent to me! YUCK!

And with a stained mattress even! oooo baby

I'm up out of bed earlier than my wife, as usual. Checking out pictures at SwingLifestyle, also not unusual, including classifying, approving and disapproving pictures submitted by members for their public profiles. Ran across two that were similar and got me to wondering.

1) If you are "couple", why would it be necessary for you to take a picture of yourself using a cell phone and the mirror in a public restroom?

2) Wouldn't the other person of this couple be able to hold the cell phone in order to snap your picture?

3) Wouldn't people be turned off by the implication that you hang out in public pee places?

Perhaps mentioned earlier, but too many responses to go through...I don't understand what is sexy and/or attractive about a man holding a fish he caught?

Guest rdy46227
Perhaps mentioned earlier, but too many responses to go thorugh...I don't understand what is sexy and/or attractive about a man holding a fish he caught?

He's sending a subtle message that he enjoys fishy smelling pussy! :D

exploringRM said:
Perhaps mentioned earlier, but too many responses to go through...I don't understand what is sexy and/or attractive about a man holding a fish he caught?

At SLS, you can have a picture of you with a fish, just no picture of you holding your cod.

I too wonder about these. Same goes for posing with the woodland creature you just shot and field dressed.

Just saw this one on SLS- a woman, seated with legs sprawled unattractively apart on a desk chair, arms up and covering her face. One foot in a ratty slipper, other one out. In a crowded little home office, surrounded by stuff. Really? That's the best pic they could come up with from a photo shoot?

Sounds like a serious case of "I don't want to do this; my husband is making me!"

That is funny we get allot of messages from single guys and a few have had pics like that. Maybe it's a macho thing or something. Maybe it's the only time someone else takes their picture? (when they are out with their fishing buddy). Anyway we find it amusing.

I just came across this thread, so I'm pretty late, but here's my 2 cents. What are people thinking about when they post pics on a profile and shit is everywhere in the photo( dogs, cats, dirty clothes on the floor, empty bottles on dresses and nightstands) WTF is that about!!?? That's not sexy at all. Once we chatted with a couple with the same interested and we were game to play around, until they sent us pics. They're room was a DISASTER!!! We started thinking, "if they're nasty at home, they might be nasty in person." So plese people, think about the pics you post, especially if you want potential playmates.

Just saw this one on Swing Lifestyle- a woman, seated with legs sprawled unattractively apart on a desk chair, arms up and covering her face. One foot in a ratty slipper, other one out. In a crowded little home office, surrounded by stuff. Really? That's the best pic they could come up with from a photo shoot?

I see these all the time and wonder if they think it is really attractive (male or female). It's like here I am dive right in, geez! Unless they actaully think it is the best photo they have of themselves. But that one ranks right up there with the dirty dishes in the kitchen sink. How romantic.

Just saw a profile picture on AFF, with the woman naked on all fours, taken from kind of a diagonal angle.

She is wearing socks.

Just saw a profile picture on AFF, with the woman naked on all fours, taken from kind of a diagonal angle.

She is wearing socks.

Oh...that's far, far better than being subjected to the cold blocks of ice that some women have for feet. It may not be sexy but it is a nice heads up... ;)

. . . She is wearing socks.
I thought that only happened in amateur sex movies:lol: It would speak very loudly of "low class".

Oh...that's far, far better than being subjected to the cold blocks of ice that some women have for feet. It may not be sexy but it is a nice heads up... ;)

Well, I might wear my socks WITH MY HUSBAND if I were more comfortable during sex that way, but wearing them in a profile picture? Like you said, it's not sexy! Not a way to entice possible playmates. Crop it out, sister!

I thought that only happened in amateur sex movies:lol: It would speak very loudly of "low class".

Oh, I don't think it's low class. Just not sexy for a profile picture, where again, you're trying to entice people.

My guess is the reason you see play pics where people are wearing socks is because those pictures were taken in a hotel room.

Many people, myself included, don't like to walk barefoot in hotel rooms. I do, however, walk barefoot when swinging because I don't think socks are sexy, on women or men.

Well, I might wear my socks WITH MY HUSBAND if I were more comfortable during sex that way, but wearing them in a profile picture? Like you said, it's not sexy! Not a way to entice possible playmates. Crop it out, sister!

FWIW you could wear socks in my bed ANYTIME....Mrsxxxboxy agrees with me too....

LikeMinds321 said:
My guess is the reason you see play pics where people are wearing socks is because those pictures were taken in a hotel room.

Many people, myself included, don't like to walk barefoot in hotel rooms. I do, however, walk barefoot when swinging because I don't think socks are sexy, on women or men.

The picture I saw was definitely in a private bedroom.

Interesting about walking barefoot in hotel rooms... but regardless.... socks in a profile picture on an otherwise naked woman on all fours? Puh-lease... I don't even fuss over people having some clutter in the background, because I'm not sleeping with their piles of laundry. I just use the pictures to see if the people are potentially people I want to press myself against. I just thought the socks were hilarious!

Fuse are you sure you are not my wife?

My thought is socks? Who the hell is looking at a naked womans feet?

My wife on the other hand is completely turned off by wearing socks during sex. Even when shes is bitching she is cold she won't do it and gets mad if I do. They are complete 'unsexy' to her.

Fuse are you sure you are not my wife?

My thought is socks? Who the hell is looking at a naked womans feet?

My wife on the other hand is completely turned off by wearing socks during sex. Even when shes is bitching she is cold she won't do it and gets mad if I do. They are complete 'unsexy' to her.

Ha ha ha!!

I thought I was clear, but I guess not. If my feet are uncomfortably cold, I WILL and DO wear socks during sex WITH MY HUSBAND, who's seen me at my best and worst and with whom I am 100% comfortable. If he wants to wear socks during sex, I couldn't care less.

(Oh, and with regular playmates I might do so as well, if we are comfortable with each other... so xxxboxy, you never know... if you have a sock-wearing fetish we could get there someday.)

On the other hand, I wouldn't post a nude picture of myself with socks for STRANGERS and try to attract them with that! There's a world of difference! It'd be like a face picture with curlers in my hair! (Not that I use curlers-- just an analogy.)

Now... if the sock-wearer were really hot, we wouldn't let the socks put us off. We'd just make a mental note that this coulple doesn't necessarily put their best foot forward in their profile... because their best foot wouldn't be wearing the sock while trying to be sexy.

And from the way you describe your wife, it sounds like I'm much more like YOU, if you disregard the differences in anatomy :) .

Okay, here's another one I saw recently.

Woman seated in a dining room chair, facing the camera. Legs crossed, pretty nice body, but with her butt unappealingly hanging out of a teddy and mushed against the chair. Probably could have taken a much better picture if she had just stood up.

But here's what "not to do in a picture": under the chair, a box overflowing with pretty visually prominent bags and boxes of junk food and sugared cereal. Oh boy, Lucky Charms and Doritos! Like a profile picture and a pantry inventory at the same time!

I must admit that I'm constantly amazed at the poor quality and composition of many, if not most, profile pics.

And for the record; I do not have a sock wearing fetish. I do, however, have an aversion to 20ºF feet being placed on any part of my anatomy.

Kids toys in background, unkept bed, wedding photos (even if you met swinging), Marie notices women without their hair washed. Just a few.

wedding photos

Official firefighter portrait pic, close to the top of the list (talk about non-sexy!!), but the WORST: a family portrait pic, complete with three children, in a private album sent to us :eek:. I contacted site admin and had them removed STAT.

I could think of one instance where wearing socks would be sexy.... those cute little anklet socks with the lace trim and some cute little outfit in some provocative pose... ok anyway just plain old socks dont cut it as far a being sexy.

I am to the point now that I dont even bother looking at profiles anymore unless I am approving membership to the club or something. 9 times out of ten the pics are unappealing to me due to their poor quality. I am sorry but a picture of a big boob jumping out at me does nothing for me. If you ever look at the events list on Swing Lifestyle that's practically all you see is nothing but boob shots and its usually just the one boob! Do men really find this appealing? Maybe it is just my area...

Where is the creativity?? And then there are those pictures that were done spur of the moment where the wife looks surprised instead of sexy, and those where like many have said clutter detracts from the person in the pic and who could have at least brushed their hair! There is never any pics of the man, so for me why bother looking cause there never is a pic of that half of the couple... :mad:

I am to the point that I will be happy to meet people at events than try and find them on line.

Rant over. :surrend:

I just want to say, I try not to be turned off by pictures of poor quality, bad poses, or with clutter. I use pictures to see if someone meets kind of a minimum level of attractiveness. Do they have a nice body? Do they have a nice face? That's all. Even stupid stuff like using wedding photos, wearing socks while otherwise nude, or having unappealing clutter or the remains of a meal in the picture... well, they're not a good enough reason to rule someone out. They don't show bad character.

I'd be more likely to be turned off by baggy clothes, especially on women, than I would be by clutter.

Now, pictures of parents with their kids are pretty questionable. We've had those sent to us and found it icky. Luckily the couple was unattractive so we didn't have to rationalize our decision.

Regarding poor pictures, clutterred etc...why aren't these people putting their best appearance forward? I've seen pictures of average to unattractive couples (in my opinion) and the pictures just make it seem worse...slack jawed expressions, unattractive clothing. I just think if that's how they present themselves what will they be like in person? In todays digital age, take a nice picture in a nice setting!

I was browsing SLS and found a pic that made me gag. It was someone's default pic.

Woman pinching her own nipple and bent at a very strange angle to seem like she had an actual SEAM horizontally across her abdomen. This is not hot. I do fine art nude and fetish modeling, I know exactly what positions make me look like a weird whale and which ones accent my figure. I can't believe someone would post that pic as their DEFAULT! :eek:

Most of our profile pics are of me, especially in the public gallery. This is because i have a ton of pics that don't show my face or my full face that are nice looking. In our private gallery we have ones of us together where our faces are shown. Im just very hesitant to put those up in the public gallery. And we either crop out other people (Swingers or not) or dont post images containing pictures of people that aren't just us.