Rate your relationship  

862 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your relationship

• 10 It doesn't get any better than this
    • 5 It's about equally bad and good
    • 1 I don't know why we are even bothing
    • I'm single, just curious about the results

I said 8 because I believe that the best part of any relationship is making each day better than the last.

I'd like to see a poll on how people rate their swinging relationships,but I don't know how to set up a poll :confused:

I said 10 for us but that was before I read the posts. I'd have to say a big Dito to all that said they'd rate a 9 - because it just keeps getting better year after year and you can't wait to see how the next few years go! What a great sentiment. I married my soul mate and best friend. I can't IMAGINE it getting any better, but as many of you said, it DOES get better year after year! We've been married twenty years - together almost twenty-five. And life is GREAT!

Sarah

I have married my best friend and I could not ask for anything better than that...

Before MrVan and I got into the lifestyle, our relationship was amazing. We were in love the first time we met and it just continued to get better from there. We never fight, we are very loving, affectionate and cherish the moments we have together.

I voted in the poll, but surprisingly didn't answer the thread. What MrsVan says really describes us as well. Mrs Spoo always talks about marrying her best friend - and I hope she means me and not the lady she shops with on occassion...

That would suck :(

Seriously - we don't fight, enjoy each other's company 24/7 and just literally can't get enough of each other. I voted the top choice when this thread was first started. I just can't imagine how it could get any better - but if it does, I'll certainly welcome it!

I am still head over heels for Mrs Spoo - madly in love with her - unapologetically happy!

Spoomonkey

My hand and I are a solid 10!!!

Whoops. I can't vote here, can I?

Exit, Stage Left! ::P:

For me, this as good as it gets, it's a big 10+!!

This is the second marriage for the both of us and after the relationships we came out of, our lives now could not get any better. We thought that becoming swingers would add that little spice that we would both like but for OUR lives we are happy together, our relationship is great, great communication, great everything.

We voted 10.

If the bar was set at 10, we hit it many years ago. The thing is, we just keep moving the bar up now. It is amazing! :dancing:

I voted an 8...J and I love each other silly, we live together and have made a beautiful, wonderful, peaceful home, we agree on 98% of things, we have a perfect balance between together-time and alone-time. But sometimes we are both pains in each other's ass. It drives him insane how I freak out over EVERY decision I have to make. It drives me insane how he works from home and brags about his nap-hour every afternoon. But we're young. We'll keep growing and we'll reach that 10!! :)

I said 10 because I am very happy and content. My first marriage was terrible,I never mattered. When I met my now hubby, I had sworn off men, but he was patient...he was my friend for 3 years before we finally got together. He lets me know everyday that he loves me and cherishes me...things get better with everyday that passes.

Voted 8 for us.

We are a blended family - 5 kids in the picture. We're still wrestling with the mechanics of making things work smoothly and trying to get a semblance of harmony for all, particularly since we brought everyone under a single roof just recently.

We can't imagine things being any smoother in our own relationship. Of course, we'd happily progress beyond perfection! We're aiming for 10+

K & F

I voted 9 as things aren't not perfect but very very near!!

We have been married for 22 near to 23 and we are still learning new things about ourselves,there's very little we don't know about each other, boring to some but important to others!! We have a great marriage which is very stable, she is a pessimist and I'm an optimist!! And yes, it works!! We give and we take and then we get through any situation.

We don't argue, we discuss, and we don't shout at each other. I have the greatest respect for my wife.

Just remember all those pooooooor guys/doll in the Vanilla world who have to have affairs to satisfy their needs, we swingers don't. So be proud of your wife and treat her and all other women with respect at all times...

I have no real idea how to get that ten!! But when we get there then I will let you know!!

Steve

10 all the way, I left 9 behind long ago! :) I think things have gotten better and better over the years (married at 22, 12 years ago) but right now is definitely the best it's ever been. If I was any happier, I'd drive people nuts with my incessant smiling. Being loved as fiercely as you love the other person is akin to that feeling when your child is born - there just aren't words. It's miraculous.

I am just crazy in love with my wife. She's sexy as hell, and she never ceases to fascinate me.

10, my wife and i have very open communication, satisfying each one's fantasy if possible

10, hands down. It will probably continue to improve even further, as it always has--and then 10 will be redefined! :D

Ours is definitely a 10. Does that mean there's no room for improvement?

Absolutely not. A 10 to me signifies that we absolutely love our relationship every day. With all of life's trials and tribulations, there's no doubt that we go to bed every single night hopelessly in love with each other. That's what makes it a 10.

Mrs. NC

I say a STRONG "9" as, no matter how deeply in love, no matter how committed, no matter how wonderful our life together is, there will ALWAYS be somehting new, better, more fun, more wonderful and spectacular for us to discover about each other.

I make one appology to Mrs. CXXC quite often.

"I am sorry that I didn't love you as much yesterday as I do today!"

THAT is why it will ALWAYS be a "9"!

I say a STRONG "9" as, no matter how deeply in love, no matter how committed, no matter how wonderful our life together is, there will ALWAYS be somehting new, better, more fun, more wonderful and spectacular for us to discover about each other.

I make one appology to Mrs. CXXC quite often.

"I am sorry that I didn't love you as much yesterday as I do today!"

THAT is why it will ALWAYS be a "9"!

AWWWW!!! That is one of the sweetest things I've read on here in a long time.

AWWWW!!! That is one of the sweetest things I've read on here in a long time.

HA HA HA! Trust me when I say this! If you ever get the opportunity to meet Mrs. CXXC, you will understand why I feel this way. I count my blessing each and every day!

the words of adoration that come from my lips are felt deeply.

She tells her friends and co-workers of things I say and do and people simply refuse to believe they are true sentiments. Perhaps they are jealous.

Either way, My sun rises twice each morning. The first is when it breaks the horrizon and the second is when she opens her eyes!

I AM A VERY FORTUNATE MAN!

Savannah's not that far from us. Perhaps we need a visit so you can teach Mr. NC how to be romantic!

Love him with all my heart, but sentimental and romantic he is NOT!

Savannah's not that far from us. Perhaps we need a visit so you can teach Mr. NC how to be romantic!

Ok! I guess I should set the record straight!

It has never been my intention to be thought of as a romantic or sentimental. In fact, many find me to be quite dispassionate in so many ways. However, I must admit, Mrs. CXXC is the other half of my existence.

She is the ice cubes in my lemonade!

My day is empty unless I hear her voice, see her face or feel her touch!

The list goes on and on!

Now, I am happy to give classes to any man who would listen. All he really needs to do is dig deep, find the reason she is so important to him and verbally express that feeling!

OK! I am going to start a husband Day camp! Ladies, drop the guys off and I'll whip them into a romantic, mushy froth with which you may revel!

OK! I am going to start a husband Day camp! Ladies, drop the guys off and Ill whip them into a romantic, mushy froth with which you may revel!

When and where? He'll be there. May have to blindfold him and drug him to get him there, but he'll be there.

:lol:

I'm in so much trouble when he catches up on the board!

HA HA HA! No need for the blindfold or drugs! I'll mask the education process with a shooting range and sports viewed at my favorite watering hole here in Savannah!

Well then I DO need drugs and a blindfold. He doesn't hunt (when he does he "forgets" the bullets), and he hates sports. Try again??

Hmmm...He may be a hard nut to crack then. Perhaps just having a few drinks among other men. I could even arrange to go to a strip club if that would draw him in! :)

Mr NC here in my defense I do tell her 100 times a day how much I love her, how beautiful and all of that mushy stuf. Now to credit her I do suck at the holiday and birthday stuff. But there is no dout about how i feel about her.

Like i will rub her for hours after she is asleep. Every morning i get her stuff together so all she has to do is walk down stairs grab her stuff and go. i will run around behind her and pick up her shoes, earrings, hair ties and all of her other things she leaves laying around. i dont do this because it annoys me it is because i love her and i want to just so she has it where and when she needs them. I would die for her in a heartbeat. No questions asked. It wouldn't be worth getting out of bed in the morning if i couldnt see and talk to her every day.

In a nut shell I want to keep her (besides it's too late in life to train another one LOL)

Bottom line: I'm good at the every-day "I love you's", but never quite get to the "surprise romance" stuff.

Mr NC

It is often the unrecognized things that we love most about our mates. Mrs. CXXC brings me coffee each and every morning. I dont think I could function if it were not for her.

Good for you Mr. NC. Now just work on the surprise stuff. It makes a world of difference.

It's so funny. I've always recognized his daily romances, maybe not enough to Mr. NC himself.

And yes, it is sooo romantic. It means so much to me that every morning, my coffee cup is full, my vehicle is started when it's cold, my bathrobe is hanging on its hook......And yes, I notice this every single day of my life. And I don't take any of it for granted.

Yeah, he will and I will admit that he sucks at the "big" romance stuff, but it is the daily little things we do for each other that makes our relationship so special.

Funny, we both are reading each other's posts and worried that we both sound defensive. Yet we're not. We're talking through the whole thing.

So the final discussion: We love each other, and we do small romantic gestures for each other every single day. So mabe we both miss out on remembering that sometimes a bigger gesture is so appreciated. We forget to take care of the "big gestures" because we're so busy making sure that every little thing is taken care of for each other.

Yeah, gettin mushy now. Sometimes we need the reminder....

Mrs. NC..

Mr. and Mrs. NC

I think you have it 100% correct. Dont worry about the big ones when the little ones are always there. It is good to hear of great relationships like yours.

Mr. and Mrs. NC

I think you have it 100% correct. Dont worry about the big ones when the little ones are always there. It is good to hear of great relationships like yours.

Aw shucks. :blush:

Sounds like Mr. CXXC could teach a course!!

Personally, I said equally bad and good. I believe my assessment is accurate and by no means do we have any misgivings about "real life". When things (including our sex life) are good-they're great, but when we don't agree or our careers take more time than we would like- it's not so great. That's life- plain and simple

Sounds like Mr. CXXC could teach a course!!

It is not so much about teaching the guys and sometimes women anything aobut being romantic. Sometimes, it is only a matter of reminding them why they are with the person they say they love. They take the reigns form there.

Guest az40scpl

I voted 9...my reasoning is that if I feel there is no way to improve, I will have nothing to work towards!

I gave us a 9 but it is really more like a 9.99! Just this morning I opened my logbook to get it caught up and there was a note in there that he had stuck in there last night that said "I love you. I really do!" He is the absolute best. Only two things now that could make us a 10. First would be to win the lottery so we could spend every moment together and not have to worry about actually working for a living. And the second would be to get out of this truck so we have a more normal schedule and could actually sleep in the same bed instead of one of us sleeping while the other is driving down the highway. On the bright side of that though, we have had sex in every single one of the lower 48 states. :D