Rate your relationship  

862 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your relationship

• 10 It doesn't get any better than this
    • 5 It's about equally bad and good
    • 1 I don't know why we are even bothing
    • I'm single, just curious about the results

Most people write they are very happy in their relationship and it's very strong and secure. I just wanted to attempt a poll and thought this would be a good question, to see how happy people really are. How do you rate your relationship? 10 being perfect and 1 being your relationship is as bad as it gets but you're still together.

Guest Mr&Mrs-naughty

I rated a 9. I did not rate 10 because it does get better than this. Every year we have been together (12 now) has been better than the last. So even though as I sit here now thinking it can't get any better, as each year passes it does. We have more experiences together, build more memories together and watch our family grow together. So each year we get to look back at all the wonderfull times, and maybe not so wonderful times, we have had in our life together and it ads to the totality of our relationship. Therefore making it better. :)

I didn't mark for the voters to be seen...how odd it ended up that way and no way to change it...darn. Oh well, that was my first attempt. I would say that we're at a 9... always room for a little improvement. A few years ago I would have said a 6 but we worked really hard and this is where we are now. Sometimes I think we're a little short with each other after a long grueling day with the kids but otherwise it's pretty darn good.

I put a nine because there are times when we are grumpy and tired and probably should treat each other better than we did. Overall we are very happy together and even though we may not be married as long as Mr. & Mrs. Naughty (5 years) I think I can safely echo the sentiment that things get better every year.

We have managed to survive two very hard years recently and if we can do that and still come out very much in love, never once thinking of leaving each other, then I think we are doing okay.

I said 9 because I'd be afraid I'd become complacent if I thought it was a 10 and not strive to make it even better or maintain it. And I love this woman way too much to do that.

Mr. WS

I'm the lone ten voter. When I met Mrs. Alura I didn't date. In fact, all I did was work, sleep and eat. I had absolutely given up on ever finding a woman with whom I could really be open and share everything.

I just can't imagine our marriage being better. There's nothing I'd change and no way I long for improvement in our relationship, except maybe for it to last another twenty-four years.

Mr. Alura

Well, I went for 10! We celebrated our silver wedding anniversary last week (that was part of the reason for our first club visit on Saturday) and I can only hope that the next 25 years will be as good as the last. Yes, there have been hiccups at times but we've come through them all. I find it hard to imagine it being any better. I don't think we are complacent about it - we still spend plenty of time talking about everything and anything. Some very good friends of ours gave an anniversary card in which they asked how we did it. Good question! In vanilla life as in swinging it's all about talking. IMHO anyway.

I just wish my relationship with my Transit van was as good! Wretched thing broke down on me last night (starter motor yet again) as I was about to take Red to work.....

CB

I aspire to be in your shoes Alura and CB n Red. We're at 7 years of marriage and hope to be going even stronger with each passing year. I think my mom has been a tremendous help. She takes the kids every other week so we can go out to dinner together, it really helps us feel connected while the little ones are so young.

I rated our relationship a 10 :) !! Dito I agree with all of you that rated it a 9 although it does seem to be sooo much better then it was years ago. I cant even imagine it any better then it is now....we are approching 30 years of marriage and together almost 32 ...we were very young when we got married so for me i have a great marriage so i stick by my 10 ;)

I'll say 9 too, because nobody's perfect. ;)

Funny how that seems to be a common number around here, but I guess that's what I'd expect from this group. You can't swing, and do it successfully, unless you have that kind of relationship.

-B

Had to say with us, we would have to say 9, mainly because there is always room for improvement in our relationship, but we are doing really good.

I have to say a 10...(I've been through a divorce and I know what hell on earth is :lol:) This time around,in the beginning it was a little rough, but as the years go by, things just get better and better! Maybe in a few years, it'll be an 11 :lol:

I put 9...In the 22 years we have been together it only gets better and better so I am looking for more exciting times to come. I would have to say though our marrage and friendship with each other is 99.9% perfect!

If a relationship reaches to such level of trust and transparency that one can swing without the fear and thought of security, than I am sure a relationship can't get better than this. Such a relationship where friendship and love and (lust too...he he) exists...than such relationship does deserve 10.

We picked 10. Yes, it gets better and better every year (we've had 25 together so far).

There is no one we'd rather be with in a relationship than each other, many many we'd like to be with for fun :kissface:::P::facelick:

Heck, we never really like putting limits on things anyway, so if it gets better we'll just vote 11 or 12 or 30.

Peace and Love to you all.

We said 9 also like all those previously have stated, without room for improvement we would of been a 5, because that's prolly when the boredom sets in and as soon as that happens things start to go south!

I have been with my wife for 22 years, we have had good times and bad and I love both times and her :)

I've been married 12 years and our marriage keeps getting better. Coming into this new lifestyle has brought us even closer and made us more open to each other with our thoughts and feelings. I wouldn't trade her for anything. :)

I put 8. No situation is perfect, even ours...but there sure are far more good times and good situations than bad.

(If I can get her to actually put the cap back on the toothpaste and stop making so much noise in the morning it would be a 10) :lol:

I voted a nine also. There is always room for improvement. Also we are still in the early stages of our relationship, starting our journey together in 3 weeks!!!!

Jenn

I rated my relationship with my spouses a 10! I have the best of both worlds, and it can't get any better than that. :)

We rated ours a 10. Yes it gets better every year, but as long as my Darlin' can look me in the eye and tell me she loves me, then it doesn't get any better than this! 18 years ago I told her she made me the happiest man in the world when she said "I do". And it is still true today.

I said 10 because we both feel like we really are a perfect match. That does not mean we get to kick back and not work on it every day. We let each other know if there is a problem, but we also let each other know every day how great it is to be in the relationship. Having each experienced bad relationships before we got together, it means a lot to have a partner that lets you be yourself.

I voted us a 9...not because I don't think he's perfect for me, but I feel it is unrealistic and a bit naive to think that any marriage is perfect...we work hard on ours everyday and that's what makes it special...:kiss:

-C!

Well damm I guess I'm the first to admit to an 8, and must say that I love my wife dearly and have been married for 28 years...and just can find anything else to say!!

I did this poll awhile back and don't remember what I voted But if I could re-vote I would vote a 9 only because now that we are active in our lifestyle there is SO MUCH MORE to offer to one another - emotionally, sexually, and fantasy-wise. I am so glad that I found this board, I have gotten so much good advice.

I would say that Mrs. Sweetdelite (yum ::P: ) and I would rate an 8 out of 10, which brings to mind an important point. Will a husband or wife individually report anything less than a 9 if that husband or wife knows that the spousal unit will read the post? Hmmmmmmm...... facelick .

Mrs and Mrs Sweetdelite....yum....life is Sweeeeeeeet !

:bowing: :bowing: :bowing: Here's to all of you who have truly found a propicious niche for both. It is what I had & am seeking again. This lifestyle is the test of Love & Love is just communication; which without creates it's own hell. Bravo! :):):) JeoK-ism

OK, I rated mine a 10. I seriously can't imagine it getting any better than it already is.

I'm sure I'll be surprised, but today and the past have proven themselves to be exquisite.

Ours is a 9, for sure, be a 10 if we had a nanny to look after the kids so we got some private time!!! But we are happy and contented :-) I just never admit it! he he

We voted 10, but like everyone that have mentioned above, the lifestyle requires the thought of wanting to go further.... so for all the fantasies, expectations, and curiosity I would vote 9. But where we fulfill all of it or not...we are overall satisfied with what we have now.

I rated our relationship at an 8, but my man is a 10 plus. He's been here for me and the kids since day one. I have four children that are not his and we get along fine, but there are days when school, work, and the children and man run me crazy. All in all, I know it gets better from here.

We've been married 31 years this past July, known each other since we were 15 and 13 years of age. It only gets better, year after year, month after month, day after day. I couldn't imagine being without her, and her me. By the way, we didn't get into swinging 25 years ago because we weren't happy with our sex lives. We got into swinging because we are both adventurous and, quite frankly, kinky as hell :) We voted 10.

I rated it a 10 because it's the score I feel the relationship deserve, however I disagree with the way that 10 was formulated "it cannot get better than this"... to be a 10 mean the relationship always keep improving. I suppose the wording was chosen as a short way to say "excellent", and if it were descriped just as "excellent", many paople who picked a 9 would have pick a 10 instead.

This is Mr DD. I rated us a 10. I love Mrs DD with all my heart and all that I am. We have our ups and downs like everyone else, and manage to get through them all. I have met the woman of my dreams, and my best friend and I love her, and we like to swing.

Rated us at a 9.....nothing is perfect...but we have been together since the day we met in 1984 and it gets better allllll the time!

Chelle

We picked 9 too. I don't know how things could get better for us, but we're holding out hope that we're not done climbing the ladder yet! I know that I feel something missing when she's not with me at times when she should be. For instance, I went to see a band at a local club a couple of weeks ago, but G was sick and didn't go. We always go to shows together...our musical tastes are quite similar. I spent what seemed like half the show looking over to say something to her...but she wasn't there.

I also REALLY wished she was there when, while standing in line waiting to get in, my ex walked up and said hello. I would have loved for her to see how I upgraded :EG:

M

Guest MrsVan

I would have to say most definately, I would rank our relationship for MrVan and I a 10+++. :lol: I have married my best friend and I could not ask for anything better than that.

Before MrVan and I got into the lifestyle, our relationship was amazing. We were in love the first time we met and it just continued to get better from there. We never fight, we are very loving, affectionate and cherish the moments we have together. MrVan is the love of my life and to have him to share my life with is all I need (other than our children). There is something to be said about any relationship that is so connected and so loving, as it can be seen miles and miles away, and that is the relationship that we have. Everyone we meet or talk to, say that they can see the love we have for each other and that just tells us that although we are glowing inside with the happiness we found in each other, that it is so bright it is glowing for everyone to see. :kissface: Sorry to get a little mushy but that is just me. ;)

Whether or not this lifestyle continues throughout the years for us or not, I know that we can go back to the way we use to be before the lifestyle and still be as close as we are now.

MrsVan