Speaking as a recent snip-"ee",  does the fact that a potential playmate has had a vasectomy a plus, a minus, or doesn't even factor into consideration when evaluating a new partner in the lifestyle?

Doesn’t matter. 

Mrs. Shy had tubes tied. Pregnancy is not a concern. STIs are. No bareback here. 

if you harp on it, as if strongly hinting that you are v-safe and don’t think you should wear a condom, we probably won’t meet.

we met a couple online. Right out of the gate the guy was like “I’m v-safe and she hates condoms.” We bowed out of the chat quickly and never met. 

Just our personal experience. 

• Like 2

Condoms cut down on sensation and STIs. You make your choices…

Even though condoms are hit or miss for HPV and HSV, they can’t hurt and must afford some protection. And they work against other STIs. We go condom for intercourse. 

• Like 1

It is a non factor!  Condoms are going to be used regardless.  Guys seem to think that saying they are snipped is going to allow them to not have to use a condom.  Wrong.

• Like 3

Like everything else in your life…..and in the lifestyle.

Read, research and above all deep open conversation with your significant other….then decide what is best for you both.  Notice I said for you both.

Do not force your choice on anyone else as they most likely have chosen what is best for them.  And practice honestly what you both have chosen together.

There may or may not be exceptions….that is up to the two of you, only.

In our over two decades of the lifestyle we hosted as well as have attended private groups, parties and clubs.  90% of our experiences have been in a closed or semi closed/private setting.  We tend to most often play openly with those we are friends with as opposed to first meets, stranger or one offs.  Just our way.  

As a result most all of our experiences have been raw play with what boundaries might exist.  We have had so very hot times.

we both are fixed as a matter of choice.  As a result we have both enjoyed some added adventure with those that chose to play freely….younger as well as older…as a safe couple.    It is not why we chose to be fixed…..but a lovely result.  The Queen chose to not have any more children years ago.  I chose many years later while in the lifestyle that I did not want to have kids with anyone other then her.  Having a number of younger playmates that could become pregnant and a few that were planning to but wanted to remain active in our circle of friends it made great sense.

So with all that said yes it has been an asset of sorts because our activities are rarely every with strangers being fixed had taken open doors….and open the further.   But not the reason to travel that road. 

How (short of producing a medical report) can you prove to someone that you HAVE been snipped? Now a condom cannot be lied about...either it's there or it isn't. Also, as already mentioned, the risk of pregnancy is only one reason to require a condom. Wrap that rascal or it's a wrap.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By emmasutherland89
      Me and my partner are in a very secure happy relationship and are not new to swinging but we recently found out I'm pregnant, wondered on what people think of a pregnant woman who still meets and of people would want to meet? My partner has always liked to watch me play and likes the idea of me still meeting and so do I but curious if it would others off?
    • By prometheius
      I thought it would be interesting to find out other peoples views on the subject of safe sex/being surgically safe. N8tureGirl and I have been in the lifestyle for just over a year now, and we’ve found that most of the males of the couples we’ve played with are not surgically safe. I am V-safe and as of this month, N8tureGirl will be surgically safe also. What I would like to know is: Why don’t more people address this issue? I do realize that there may be some people out here that might still wish to have children, but for the most part, if they haven’t had kids by now, what are they waiting for? After all, most of us here are 30 somethings or older. I have been frustrated by people, (men in particular), who seem to think that it should be our responsibility to make sure a pregnancy doesn’t happen. Condoms don’t always work, and most people say that they don’t like using them since it does change the sensations felt or not felt. To further my opinion on this matter, sterilization is much less expensive and uncomfortable for the men than the women.

When we got into swinging, we didn’t think about the fact that we were going to have to spend thousands (literally), on having the Mrs. fixed so she could enjoy herself without that concern hanging over her head. We’ve been told by more than one man that he was afraid that having the procedure done would hurt. This is a WTF moment for me, is there no pain in bearing a child? What about the financial pain of raising an unplanned child, or worse yet, the emotional pain of terminating an unwanted pregnancy? To me, this smacks of being self centered and makes me want to tell the guy that he can play with us once he gets his business taken care of. Fortunately, that will soon no longer be an issue for us.

I just wanted to hear other peoples' opinions on this issue.
    • By ErikaAndPeter
      As newbies, my husband Peter and I have learned so much here. We greatly appreciate the community at Swingers Board. As we are seeking to become more involved in swinging, one of our concerns is pregnancy. We are both fertile. If I were to become pregnant, either by Peter or another man, it would be easy for me to have an abortion. However, if he impregnated another woman, it would be up to her to decide what to do, without us having any say. Peter does not like condoms, and of course they can fail. I am urging him to consider having a vasectomy. We are wondering what more experienced couples have faced in terms of pregnancies, vasectomies, or tubal ligations. Also, what situation in the poll best applies to you?