PeterJ

Getting Comfortable Being Nude

There have been a number of threads regarding how the issue of body image and lack of self-acceptance can be a barrier to even beginning to explore the lifestyle. In most cases it has been women, but there have been examples of men as well. 

This piece currently on The NY Times website suggests several strategies for getting comfortable with being naked, whether at home or in public situations— nude beaches, nudist resorts, etc. — where being nude is condoned. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/17/well/live/feel-better-naked.html

‘Here’s a quote that notes that body image is a factor in an individual’s libido, an observation that won’t surprise many who hang out on the Swingers Board:

"Research shows, for instance, that women’s perceptions of how attractive they are can influence their sexual desire, while being relatively comfortable with one’s appearance has been linked to higher self-esteem and overall life satisfaction."

• Like 4

It’s Saturday morning and New Jersey is predicting a beautiful beach day. Gunnisons parking fills up early and we will be there for breakfast on the beach. We are four couples with at least two umbrellas, one a rainbow umbrella the other blue. We try to sit close to the water if possible about 100 yards in. Just guessing we don’t measure. If you want to join us, I am blonde 5’2”, my husband is thin and 5’9 short hair. I will be wearing a beautiful new green two piece which you won’t see if we are on the beach. 
If you have never been here, it’s clothing optional, most are nude. No sex on the beach or anywhere else, no liquor and no taking pictures of others. Bring plenty of lotion, it’s going to be very sunny. 
We are planning drinks after the beach and possibly more. If you are interested the men are straight, the women bi. 
The beach is very LBGTQ friendly, again no sex. 
Hope to meet you. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, cplnluv1 said:

If you have never been here, it’s clothing optional, most are nude. No sex on the beach or anywhere else, no liquor

Sounds like sex will happen. 
We have only gone to lakes that are nudist and camps that nudists run. Plenty of families with volleyball and tube races. I’m sure that there are LGB peeps. Who cares. 
Biggest problem we had was mosquitoes. 
We find a lot of people are natural and we are the different ones fully shaved. Liquor may or may not be allowed I know plenty of beer wine and weed. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, cplnluv1 said:

It’s Saturday morning and New Jersey is predicting a beautiful beach day. Gunnisons parking fills up early and we will be there for breakfast on the beach. We are four couples with at least two umbrellas, one a rainbow umbrella the other blue. We try to sit close to the water if possible about 100 yards in. Just guessing we don’t measure. If you want to join us, I am blonde 5’2”, my husband is thin and 5’9 short hair. I will be wearing a beautiful new green two piece which you won’t see if we are on the beach…Hope to meet you. 

cplnluv1, please let us know if anyone from the board drops by to see you.

When we lived in Monmouth County, Kathy and and I frequently visited Gunnison. We aren’t beach bunnies but enjoy being nude (our swimming pool was sufficiently screened by fence and foliage that we swam nude). It was a sufficiently short drive that we would go for just a couple of hours late on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, when the crowds had thinned out. 

As you have noted, sex isn’t permitted on the beach (it was somewhat — a bit — tolerated 20 years ago) but we did have couples and singles, straight and gay, occasionally try to pick us up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TricianMike said:

We stay clear of flags of a previous president.

So what have you got against Millard Fillmore?   😉

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, cplnluv1 said:

I didn’t think anyone would because it’s so crowded and besides it was last minute and what are the odds someone close who read my post could make it there. 
We made plans with a member of the board who we have been with before who are still with us this morning as I’m posting. We were invited to stay at a friends house last night even though we live close enough. 

I’m sure sex happens quietly. As crowded as the beach gets it’s hard to be discreet. We have observed sex in the off season. Last year before Memorial Day we saw two men in an isolated area and a middle aged man taking pictures of what I hope was a legal aged young lady taking pictures. 

cplnluv1, I’m happy to learn you did reconnect with a couple who are members of the board, and that your time together didn’t end when you left the beach and the sun went down. 

Profiles on the board no longer permit one to include the town/state/region where they live. And given that making connections for sex is not a primary purpose of this board, that’s probably not a bug. That said, I’ve been surprised to note through reading posts and the handles members have chosen, that there are quite a few members of the board who reside in the greater metropolitan NYC area. To your point, on such short notice an invitation to meet up at Gunnison would be hit and miss. But I suspect that with two weeks’ or a month’s notice you might find as many as six couples/singles would commit to showing up. You might even find takers for a different er party at one of the restaurants in the Highlands or elsewhere nearby.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, NC_Seniors said:

"Buffalo’s finest" 😉😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NC_Seniors said:

There are a few members here old enough to get riled up about your post.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, PeterJ said:

cplnluv1, I’m happy to learn you did reconnect with a couple who are members of the board, and that your time together didn’t end when you left the beach and the sun went down. 

We reconnected with a couple we introduced to the board and their friends. 
Alan and I initially only met with one cpl at a time, parties were not our scene. We also didn’t build relationships with people, more of a few meeting then move on. We didn’t want any possibilities of attachment or others personal problems. The downside we gave up on some terrific times. Times change and our attitude changed we have become good friends with a cpl close to us. 
Yes we went to the Proving Ground in the Highlands. There is a good vibe, pretty, on the water and just over the bridge from Sandy Hook. 

17 hours ago, PeterJ said:

Profiles on the board no longer permit one to include the town/state/region where they live. And given that making connections for sex is not a primary purpose of this board, that’s probably not a bug.

I am pretty sure our profile says New Jersey and I see locations on other profiles. I normally look at profiles out of curiosity not for searching for hook ups. We mainly met those who are new to the lifestyle not long timers. We didn’t and don’t search here for hookups, searching is part of our fun. Now we are becoming more open to new friends. 

20 hours ago, TricianMike said:

We stay clear of flags of a previous president.

Lol. Yes. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cplnluv1 said:

I am pretty sure our profile says New Jersey and I see locations on other profiles. I normally look at profiles out of curiosity not for searching for hook ups. We mainly met those who are new to the lifestyle not long timers. We didn’t and don’t search here for hookups, searching is part of our fun. Now we are becoming more open to new friends. 

cplnluv1, you are correct. My recollection (which may or may not be correct) is that on the board’s former platform whatever location members listed appeared with their icon whenever they posted. Like you, I don’t use this board to look for partners, and I guess on the occasions I’ve had to look at profiles I haven’t noticed that member locations are included — but as you note, they are. 😊 Thanks for that clarification. 

What we enjoy as much as actual sex about about house parties, is sitting around nude to talk. The removal of pretense and relaxation creates a different environment

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Fundamental Law said:

Returning to the theme of the original post (nudity and comfort with same), it remains surprising and disappointing that simple nudity persists as a point of contention and discussion.

Apologize for going off topic. 
I will try to tie this comment to the topic. 
Nudity became an issue when Eve ate an apple. According to a story that was written many years ago by I don’t know who, man and woman were naked in the field with no shame. Eve ate an apple from a tree of knowledge, not sure why books didn’t grow on that tree instead of apples. Eve gains knowledge and becomes shy. I think she just wanted to start a fig leaf business. 
All jokes aside different cultures look at nudity and the body in different ways. In Europe topless bathing is not shameful and is common in most Western countries. In many Arab, Muslim and Islamic countries women are fully covered from head to toe. Upbringing, religion or the fear of going to hell dictate what is accepted. We have been forced fed to live by others so-called morality. 
Our first time on a nude beach I had unfounded fear of being naked. I did attach a sexual note to the experience that quickly faded as my comfort level rose. 
Unfortunately I am finding that we are going backwards with the fear of a supreme being and other peoples stupid views overtaking the natural educated view. Politics has made us less educated. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fundamental Law said:

Returning to the theme of the original post (nudity and comfort with same), it remains surprising and disappointing that simple nudity persists as a point of contention and discussion.

Good point! I want to add why is sex with consenting adults a point of contention. Having sex is a natural pleasure men and women have, why restrict our pleasure with others who want the same??

• Like 1

On 6/21/2022 at 5:15 AM, Shore2Please said:

Getting naked where do you look or not look trying not to stare.

My practice is to look around, even when talking to another naked person, just shift your gaze from face to hands to torso to face to feet...  And I don't mind people looking at me when I'm nude.  Various naked people aren't what you see everyday, and it's like an exhibition at a gallery - take it all in and enjoy.

• Like 4

Fear of being naked is a learned fear. As a child nudity was natural into my early teens when my older sister became uncomfortable. At that point a lower wrap became the after shower norm. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MidLifeFun said:

Fear of being naked is a learned fear.

Your premise is incorrect. And it is not fear they are experiencing.

What children experience is body self-consciousness. This typically occurs between the ages of nine and thirteen, when children begin to request more privacy. Often this corresponds to the beginnings of puberty, a time of profound physical and socio-emotional development that often creates a complex mix of body-related thoughts. It is entirely normal and not "learned". 

However, this is not to say that children are not heavily influenced by their environment and the body messaging, both verbal and non-verbal, they receive from their parents, social media, advertisements, and so on, often to their detriment. We live in a very superficial society. But, this is the case in most of the world, and is not limited to the United States or the West in general. In fact, some societies/cultures are far more concerned with body image than what we experience is the United States or Europe.

While Ann and I are naturists and nude as often as practical, we don't feel the need to shame or otherwise be critical of people who choose textiles. They are free to pursue their own happiness, even if it means wearing soggy, sandy clothes at the beach! Lol...

Edited by AndrewandAnn
  • Like 2

On 6/27/2022 at 9:18 PM, TricianMike said:

Apologize for going off topic. 
I will try to tie this comment to the topic. 
Nudity became an issue when Eve ate an apple. According to a story that was written many years ago by I don’t know who, man and woman were naked in the field with no shame. Eve ate an apple from a tree of knowledge, not sure why books didn’t grow on that tree instead of apples. Eve gains knowledge and becomes shy. I think she just wanted to start a fig leaf business. 
All jokes aside different cultures look at nudity and the body in different ways. In Europe topless bathing is not shameful and is common in most Western countries. In many Arab, Muslim and Islamic countries women are fully covered from head to toe. Upbringing, religion or the fear of going to hell dictate what is accepted. We have been forced fed to live by others so-called morality. 
Our first time on a nude beach I had unfounded fear of being naked. I did attach a sexual note to the experience that quickly faded as my comfort level rose. 
Unfortunately I am finding that we are going backwards with the fear of a supreme being and other peoples stupid views overtaking the natural educated view. Politics has made us less educated. 

We'll agree politics has attempted to dumb down our society, often to the point of idiocy. The notions of there being more than two sexes, or that males can have babies, are just two of the latest examples. "Follow the science!", they say. Except when science contradicts their political agendas, of course. Then it's, "To hell with science!" Lol...

As for the rest, you've taken a very simplistic, one-sided, and incomplete view of organized religion in general. A healthy amount of criticism is certainly deserved, no doubt. However, in fairness, a lot of praise is warranted, too. For instance, we can thank Christianity in general, and Catholicism in particular, for the genesis of the Western higher educational system. That the Catholic Church has been so vehemently derided as an obstacle to human progress is truly a travesty. Judging through the lens of either art or science, the Church has been at the forefront of human progress for literally thousands of years.

Anyone having the pleasure of visiting Italy, particularly Rome and the Vatican, its many museums, and the many Catholic churches that are the repositories of some of the finest works of art in all the world, soon realizes the Church has no problem with the human form in its natural state. At the Galleria dell' Accademia di Firenze resides Michelangelo's statue of David, arguably the most recognized statue the world over. Many are unaware the statue originally adorned Il Duomo, the massive Catholic Cathedral that occupies the center of the city, before being moved. It's no coincidence David is portrayed fully nude. And, apparently, in freezing temperatures. Lol...

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AndrewandAnn said:

We'll agree politics has attempted to dumb down our society, often to the point of idiocy. The notions of there being more than two sexes, or that males can have babies, are just two of the latest examples. "Follow the science!", they say. Except when science contradicts their political agendas, of course. Then it's, "To hell with science!" Lol...

As for the rest, you've taken a very simplistic, one-sided, and incomplete view of organized religion in general. A healthy amount of criticism is certainly deserved, no doubt. However, in fairness, a lot of praise is warranted, too. For instance, we can thank Christianity in general, and Catholicism in particular, for the genesis of the Western higher educational system. That the Catholic Church has been so vehemently derided as an obstacle to human progress is truly a travesty. Judging through the lens of either art or science, the Church has been at the forefront of human progress for literally thousands of years.

Anyone having the pleasure of visiting Italy, particularly Rome and the Vatican, its many museums, and the many Catholic churches that are the repositories of some of the finest works of art in all the world, soon realizes the Church has no problem with the human form in its natural state. At the Galleria dell' Accademia di Firenze resides Michelangelo's statue of David, arguably the most recognized statue the world over. Many are unaware the statue originally adorned Il Duomo, the massive Catholic Cathedral that occupies the center of the city, before being moved. It's no coincidence David is portrayed fully nude. And, apparently, in freezing temperatures. Lol...

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming. 

Correction: I should have written the statue of David was originally commissioned to adorn the Cathedral. Upon completion, it was deemed too heavy, and too valuable, to risk. It was 1504. As it was, it took four laborious days just to move the statue less than one-half mile from Michelangelo's workshop to its first public resting place.

The remark on the church's comfort with the nude human figure invites an asterisk. In paintings of Jesus Christ, the church was okay with a nude baby Jesus. Depictions of Jesus as a child required that genitalia be concealed or obscured. If memory serves from art history classes, Caravaggio crossed that line, the Vatican refused the painting which now hangs in the Villa Borghese museum. See https://www.collezionegalleriaborghese.it/en/opere/madonna-and-child-with-saint-anne-madonna-dei-palafrenieri

1 hour ago, AndrewandAnn said:

Where are you getting the notion of more than two sexes? Or men having babies.? Can you site where you saw this and who claimed it.  Yes Follow the Science. People of the same physical sexual traits don’t always feel the way their outward physicality dictates. And if a person with male characteristics doesn’t identify as a male it shouldn’t bother you. Does Christianity condemn those whose feelings fall out of their doctrine. Is that same Christian doctrine condemning you for lying with someone other than your betrothed ?

1 hour ago, AndrewandAnn said:

we can thank Christianity in general, and Catholicism in particular, for the genesis of the Western higher educational system. That the Catholic Church has been so vehemently derided as an obstacle to human progress is truly a travesty. Judging through the lens of either art or science, the Church has been at the forefront of human progress for literally thousands of years.

We can also blame Christianity for pushing  it’s unfounded beliefs, that are Man Made on the attempted destruction of thousands of years of civilizations prior to this man made story was thrust upon others. Why is your story any better than the gods that existed before yours. 
Religion has led to the destructive thoughts of superiority. Where is that science you quoted before? 

That same Christianity is rearing it’s head again over politics and now law. It’s nice that you can chose your beliefs just don’t chose other’s. You do realize Christianity changed and rewrote the beliefs that were written three thousand years before? 
Oh, it is also thought that the Greeks were the founders of Western Civilization. 

I once again apologize for going off topic, I will bring it back by saying if you are a believer, man and woman came into the world naked, and babies still do. 

Edited by TricianMike

4 minutes ago, Fundamental Law said:

The remark on the church's comfort with the nude human figure invites an asterisk. In paintings of Jesus Christ, the church was okay with a nude baby Jesus. Depictions of Jesus as a child required that genitalia be concealed or obscured. If memory serves from art history classes, Caravaggio crossed that line, the Vatican refused the painting which now hangs in the Villa Borghese museum. See https://www.collezionegalleriaborghese.it/en/opere/madonna-and-child-with-saint-anne-madonna-dei-palafrenieri

I was approaching it from the perspective of the Church's entire artistic history and the complete body of works.

Yes, there was the abomination known as the Council of Trent that lead to the sanctioned destruction of some priceless works of art. And there are other infamous instances where particular prudes rose to power and attempted to implement their personal views against nudity. Probably the most infamous of all was the desecration of Michelangelo's frescos in the Sistine Chapel depicting the Last Judgement. Michelangelo's works includes numerous nudes and stirred some controversy within the halls of the Vatican. Although the Pope himself was in support of the works, one lower Papal administrator was very much against it. Michelangelo responded to his criticism by using the image of the man in a very unflattering way, painting him as the judge of the underworld, with the ears of a donkey and a snake biting his genitalia. Tragically, after Michelangelo's death, another artist was hired to coverup some of Michelangelo's priceless nudes with paintings of fig leaves and loin cloths. When the works were "restored" in the 1980s, there was considerable disagreement concerning the possible removal of the later changes to reveal Michelangelo's original works. However, the Church decided to keep the changes in place, reasoning they were now part of the history of the works--and of the Church itself.

AndrewandAnn raise an interesting question. They correctly point out that puberty and the accompanying physical changes trigger distress  seemingly independent of the culture in which those changes are experienced. That universality suggests that the angst is biologically hard-wired. Yet cultures (and especially religions) call attention to the child-to-adult transition with various ceremonies and rituals. It's not clear whether that focus is intended to relieve the angst ("an occasion to celebrate!") or whether those rituals fuel the angst ("I am supposed to be adult, will I measure up?"). 

35 minutes ago, AndrewandAnn said:

I was approaching it from the perspective of the Church's entire artistic history and the complete body of works.

Yes, there was the abomination known as the Council of Trent that lead to the sanctioned destruction of some priceless works of art. And there are other infamous instances where particular prudes rose to power and attempted to implement their personal views against nudity. Probably the most infamous of all was the desecration of Michelangelo's frescos in the Sistine Chapel depicting the Last Judgement. Michelangelo's works includes numerous nudes and stirred some controversy within the halls of the Vatican. Although the Pope himself was in support of the works, one lower Papal administrator was very much against it. Michelangelo responded to his criticism by using the image of the man in a very unflattering way, painting him as the judge of the underworld, with the ears of a donkey and a snake biting his genitalia. Tragically, after Michelangelo's death, another artist was hired to coverup some of Michelangelo's priceless nudes with paintings of fig leaves and loin cloths. When the works were "restored" in the 1980s, there was considerable disagreement concerning the possible removal of the later changes to reveal Michelangelo's original works. However, the Church decided to keep the changes in place, reasoning they were now part of the history of the works--and of the Church itself.

A Japanese network commissioned the restoration I recall. That serpent bite had been covered by a cloak painted over the genitals which was removed during the restoration. I believe there is a documentary detailing the chapel restoration. 

• Like 1

This is one among many reasons that we enjoy conversation here at SwingersBoard: we are constantly learning from people who are lifestyle-friendly and yet whose most interesting organ lies between the ears. Thank you to all the discussants on this thread. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TricianMike said:

Where are you getting the notion of more than two sexes? Or men having babies.? Can you site where you saw this and who claimed it.  Yes Follow the Science. People of the same physical sexual traits don’t always feel the way their outward physicality dictates. And if a person with male characteristics doesn’t identify as a male it shouldn’t bother you. Does Christianity condemn those whose feelings fall out of their doctrine. Is that same Christian doctrine condemning you for lying with someone other than your betrothed ?

We can also blame Christianity for pushing  it’s unfounded beliefs, that are Man Made on the attempted destruction of thousands of years of civilizations prior to this man made story was thrust upon others. Why is your story any better than the gods that existed before yours. 
Religion has led to the destructive thoughts of superiority. Where is that science you quoted before? 

That same Christianity is rearing it’s head again over politics and now law. It’s nice that you can chose your beliefs just don’t chose other’s. You do realize Christianity changed and rewrote the beliefs that were written three thousand years before? 
Oh, it is also thought that the Greeks were the founders of Western Civilization. 

I once again apologize for going off topic, I will bring it back by saying if you are a believer, man and woman came into the world naked, and babies still do. 

May I suggest you take a few deep breaths before assigning any ill intentions to my motives or making unsupported suppositions about my thoughts on anything. I'm glad to discuss these issues in a respectful, civil tone. If something I wrote upset you, it was not my intent.

I allow facts to lead me to my reasoned opinions. It was none other than the New York Times that pointed out certain extremists are pushing an agenda that is eliminating the word "woman" and replacing it with such tortured phrases as "people who menstruate" or "birthing people" or "people with vaginas". Not only is this demonstrable lunacy, it is also, in my estimation, entirely anti-woman. There is no such thing as a man that menstruates. There is no such thing as a man who births. The word for that is woman.

Should a man or woman want to go through life in a way that emulates a person of the opposite sex, or they want to switch back and forth between the two, or they want to be completely androgynous, I do not have the slightest care. But, I will not be labeled a bigot for pointing out the undeniable scientific FACT that their sex never actually changes.

Lastly, without attacking you personally, I will say your bias against the Church stands in total opposition to the historical facts. The Church was promoting organized higher education and the study of science at time when most of the Western world was literally living in the Dark Ages. I'd suggest starting with Phillip Campbell's, "The Church and the Dark Ages". You'll be quite amazed at what you'll learn.

19 minutes ago, AndrewandAnn said:

May I suggest you take a few deep breaths before assigning any ill intentions to my motives or making unsupported suppositions about my thoughts on anything. I'm glad to discuss these issues in a respectful, civil tone. If something I wrote upset you, it was not my intent.

I allow facts to lead me to my reasoned opinions. It was none other than the New York Times that pointed out certain extremists are pushing an agenda that is eliminating the word "woman" and replacing it with such tortured phrases as "people who menstruate" or "birthing people" or "people with vaginas". Not only is this demonstrable lunacy, it is also, in my estimation, entirely anti-woman. There is no such thing as a man that menstruates. There is no such thing as a man who births. The word for that is woman.

Should a man or woman want to go through life in a way that emulates a person of the opposite sex, or they want to switch back and forth between the two, or they want to be completely androgynous, I do not have the slightest care. But, I will not be labeled a bigot for pointing out the undeniable scientific FACT that their sex never actually changes.

Lastly, without attacking you personally, I will say your bias against the Church stands in total opposition to the historical facts. The Church was promoting organized higher education and the study of science at time when most of the Western world was literally living in the Dark Ages. I'd suggest starting with Phillip Campbell's, "The Church and the Dark Ages". You'll be quite amazed at what you'll learn.

I'm adding the following: 

One should not interpret my comments about the Church to indicate I am an apologist. Far from it. The Church has been involved in some genuinely diabolical affairs throughout its history, up to and including the recent institutional policy of hiding and protecting known pedophiles.

However, I also do not believe that Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Judaism, or any other organized religion, should be defined only by its transgressions and failures. 

On 6/25/2022 at 8:05 AM, MidwestHoneys said:

Sounds like sex will happen. 
We have only gone to lakes that are nudist and camps that nudists run. Plenty of families with volleyball and tube races. I’m sure that there are LGB peeps. Who cares. 
Biggest problem we had was mosquitoes. 
We find a lot of people are natural and we are the different ones fully shaved. Liquor may or may not be allowed I know plenty of beer wine and weed. 

I don't have much experience, but the few times I've gone to nude beaches or nudist camps, oh yeah there's been sex. Very quiet, nothing flaunted. An unspoken rule to not do too much, or not right in the open (depending on your skill, I guess 😉), and people choose not to see. A nudist friend took me to her hangouts, and we definitely had a good time, but you had to know the spots.

Heat and sand burrs were my biggest problems. Definitely need to be mindful of sun exposure and use shade.

2 hours ago, AndrewandAnn said:

May I suggest you take a few deep breaths before assigning any ill intentions to my motives 

😮💨 Mike always I fly off too fast. I’m sorry. You can tell with a name like Patricia the Irish comes out when I don’t agree. Maybe my early schooling too. 
Wars have been fought over religion and this certainly isn’t a place to start a war. ☮️🕊✌🏻

22 minutes ago, barefoot_so_goo said:

I don't have much experience, but the few times I've gone to nude beaches or nudist camps, oh yeah there's been sex. Very quiet, nothing flaunted. An unspoken rule to not do too much, or not right in the open (depending on your skill, I guess 😉), and people choose not to see. A nudist friend took me to her hangouts, and we definitely had a good time, but you had to know the spots.

Heat and sand burrs were my biggest problems. Definitely need to be mindful of sun exposure and use shade.

No, it appears you've had very little experience.

I am going to take this opportunity to clear up any misinformation concerning public clothing-optional beaches versus private nudist retreats:

A public clothing-optional beach is not to be confused with a private nudist retreat. The first is regulated by local and state laws and enforced by law enforcement. The latter is only subject to the policies of the proprietors.

Public clothing-optional beaches are not sexually charged atmospheres. They are wholesome places where naturist families, including their children, should be made to feel at welcome. Typically, a great deal of background work goes into establishing a clothing-optional beach. Proponents often invest years of their lives negotiating the legal and political processes to achieve success--not mention the considerable costs. Consequently, we protect it from people who would, knowingly or unknowingly, threaten its clothing-optional status.

Removing one's clothes does not give one license to act inappropriately or drop his/her IQ by 50 points. Behavior that is unacceptable in public with one's clothes on is likewise unacceptable with one's clothes off. The rules don't change simply because one is not wearing a swimming suit.

In our home state, Florida, anyone caught engaging in any kind of sexual activity (solo or otherwise) will be arrested, charged with a crime, and prosecuted. Should the incident occur on a clothing-optional beach where children are present (anywhere on the beach, not necessarily in eyesight), the perpetrator graduates to a whole new level of criminal conduct, including the very real possibility of having to register as a sexual offender for the rest of his/her life. This works wonders for your personal life and career, not to mention your bank account. 

In Florida, we are fortunate to have trained "ambassadors" who patrol the established clothing-optional beaches, ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience is had by all. When we see something, we say something, and we notify the police and gladly assist with the prosecution. We have a zero tolerance policy. 

Thankfully, most of the issues are the result of harmless mistakes, like disrobing in the parking lot rather than waiting until one reaches the designated clothing-optional area. But, occasionally we have a knucklehead or two and they are treated accordingly.

Moral of the story? Act like an adult and use good judgement and common sense. If you're horny and looking to have sex with likeminded adults, go do it in the privacy of your own home or go to a swingers club or private nudist retreat with a sexually permissive environment.

30 minutes ago, TricianMike said:

😮💨 Mike always I fly off too fast. I’m sorry. You can tell with a name like Patricia the Irish comes out when I don’t agree. Maybe my early schooling too. 
Wars have been fought over religion and this certainly isn’t a place to start a war. ☮️🕊✌🏻

No problem whatsoever.

We're all good.

Have a wonderful day 🙂

2 hours ago, barefoot_so_goo said:

don't have much experience, but the few times I've gone to nude beaches

Gunnisons beach is part of Gateway National Park, a Federal Park. Anyone doing anything against the rules is open to Federal prosecution. 
Bruce Springsteen was given a shot Of tequila. He was given a citation to appear in federal court. 
The National Park police take their jobs seriously. NO SEX. 

• Like 3

The fear of Swinging and having sex with our friends started with the fear of getting naked first for me and the lack of fear by my wife. 
I no longer have a fear that I won’t “measure” up even if I do notice. When pressed my wife said she does look at a man’s penis as it is impossible not to notice. 

7 hours ago, couple02127 said:

We've been to beaches that were clothing optional.  A few years back I went topless and it was very freeing.  There were all kinds of body types.  Neither of us was quite ready to go bottomless but we had fun.  No sexual overtones...maybe some appreciative glances 🙂  More recently we stayed at a hotel that allowed nudity by the pool.  This time we went for it.  Hubby was a little self conscious, I just did a bit of trimming lol.  There were only a few people and it was a chill vibe.  Hubby managed to stay in control with only some reaction, down there.  That night we were in the hot tub with no one around and I'll admit we bent the rules a bit with some kissing and caressing...pretty tame except for his erect penis.  We'd also been chatting about the various naked people we'd found attractive earlier.  He had to slip into the cold water of the pool to let it subside before we moved on!

What hotels allow nudity around the pool?  I've been to Mon Chalet in Denver that is a full on swingers hotel.

Oasis is men only I believe. 
Cypress Cove near DisneyWorld is nudist.

Paradise Lakes also in Florida has a bunch of pools. 

Just went to a nude beach so I have fresher thoughts on my comfort. I am not a nudist, I am a regular person who joined friends and friends of friends to a nude beach. The first nude beach we went to was with strangers we just met a number of years ago and have gone a few times after. Because I did have sex with one of the men we went to that very first beach I do connect sex and nude beach. I am very aware they don’t belong in the same thought, I am not looking for sex or going to have sex by going to that beach, I do know that people I went with are people who are swingers. 
I am now more comfortable taking my clothes off and mostly secure in my body. I’m not an exhibitionist in the least yet I enjoy seeing others looking at me, it gives me incentive to stay in shape. 
I posted before not knowing where to look, I try not to stare and then I still catch myself staring. I think it’s normal that I want to see other fit people but the more I try not to look I do notice men who are attractive. My husband did remind me it’s not polite to stare at random men’s penises. Am I becoming abnormal or do I just act as others do? It’s hard to look away.