Littlephish69

Processing feelings in a positive & healthy way

Hi ..newbie here..please be gentle! 😉

Husband (straight) and I (bisexual) are about to embark on our first meet. Originally started with us doing ff and men watching, joining in with own partner. After much discussion, it's now progressed to us doing more! We communicate well in our everyday life and with this too..you have to! Both happy with what we have decided, but, I am feeling stuff about certain things and I can't explain these feelings (emotional and physical!) Both happy with ff and mf. His biggest turn on is watching and mine is him watching me. I'm ok with him receiving oral from f (baby steps!) But the thought of him giving feels different and more 'scary'! Only word I can use that is anywhere near! That being said it also all feels a turn on at the same time! I'm so confused..we're talking a lot between us and other couple, and being very open about everything. We are very happy and in love and have an amazing bond already.

We have talked in depth over a few years and ready to take the plunge. 

Any advice or explanation about this or how to deal with this, and how process and explain would be gratefully received x 😊

Greetings @Littlephish69!

Don't worry. The mixed emotions you're feeling are completely normal. Swinging is a bit of a mind-f***. To see the person you love engage in naughtiness with another can be like a 1000 volt shock to the brain, yet it's also pretty hot so if you control your emotions it's one of those feelings that "hurts so good"!

Remember it's an adventure you're both going on together. You're going to the meet together and you're leaving together. Also, it's normal to discuss "rules" up front with your couple, so establish the dos and don'ts between yourselves ahead of time so you can establish them with your couple. Take baby steps if it makes you feel more comfortable. Communication is key.

My wife and I have only one rule we always abide by: Nobody does anything they are uncomfortable with. Over time your comfort levels change.

Swinging is about trying new things, pushing boundaries a little, having great sex and fun! Talk it over, take a few deep breaths and dive in together!

Edited by hunterdonNJcpl
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Littlephish69 said:

the thought of him giving feels different and more 'scary'!

It was the same for me.  For two years I had a boyfriend Red, and we played separately, then hubby David was sometimes around, then occasional MFMs.  Both guys were fine sharing me and I worked hard to keep both happy.  But I was too jealous for hubby to have fun with another woman.  Until one day I changed.  It wasn't baby steps, I snapped.  A female friend complemented David to me privately in a sexual way and I made it happen. 

My jealousy was and still is intense, but I analogize it to a kid on a scary amusement park ride.  (S)he gets off shaking and says, "Can we go again?"  I'm jealous, scared, it hurts, but I crave it, I'm addicted.  Like a hard, exhausting run, it makes me feel good after it happens. 

The biggest thing is that if you have good communications and your husband going all the way with another woman isn't feeling good for you, stop without any recriminations.  Go back to what was working, you doing things that he doesn't.  Things don't need to be symmetrical, it's a journey, an adventure. 

Edited by couplers
  • Like 4

Always remember a couple of key principles Littlfephish69; the wagon moves as fast as the slowest horse (whoever is the most conservative should dictate the pace at which things progress) and you have control over what does, and does not transpire. Take comfort in that. 

You will deal with all kinds of feelings in this pursuit; make a pact with your spouse around a couple of fundamentals.

1. you will always talk, even if you do not want to. always share your feelings. 

2. as an adjunct to the first; your spouse is never the enemy, the situation created is. 

• Like 1

When Daniela and I started in the lifestyle, it was just her hotwifing.  Not because she was jealous or anything, but because I thought my wife wanted the variety, the sexual freedom she used to have when she was single, and perhaps something she was missing with me.  Plus, she gave me enough sex and sexual satisfaction that I didn't need anything else.  The one way arrangement was perfectly fine with me (after a while she wanted and we had MFMs) but eventually she wanted me to play as well.

The point is, if your spouse is willing to let you have whatever you're doing without reciprocity, go for it.  Things will evolve, most likely to you actually wanting your husband to do more.  Enjoy the moments as they come.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hunterdonNJcpl said:

Greetings @Littlephish69!

Don't worry. The mixed emotions you're feeling are completely normal. Swinging is a bit of a mind-f***. To see the person you love engage in naughtiness with another can be like a 1000 volt shock to the brain, yet it's also pretty hot so if you control your emotions it's one of those feelings that "hurts so good"!

Remember it's an adventure you're both going on together. You're going to the meet together and you're leaving together. Also, it's normal to discuss "rules" up front with your couple, so establish the dos and don'ts between yourselves ahead of time so you can establish them with your couple. Take baby steps if it makes you feel more comfortable. Communication is key.

My wife and I have only one rule we always abide by: Nobody does anything they are uncomfortable with. Over time your comfort levels change.

Swinging is about trying new things, pushing boundaries a little, having great sex and fun! Talk it over, take a few deep breaths and dive in together!

Thank you for your reply.  You're right about it being a mind f**k! I'm fine most of the time. Happy with what we have discussed and decided together. We talk constantly and actually email each other as it seems to help open up conversations easier..then we discuss face to face.  We have always communicated well and I feel this is a really good start. Hubby thinks about stuff and then talks about it. I tend to talk and figure stuff out during conversations. We listen to each other too..which sounds obvious, but not everyone does! We have and established some rules mainly definite no's. These get added to if needed. We have been chatting to a couple for a few weeks and conversations are very easy and free flowing. They have also reassured me/us when needed too. Not pushy at all. I mainly talk to Mrs. Hubby is happy for me to do the messaging etc. And this makes me feel more secure.  We include the guys and fill them in on messages they may not have seen. It started off initially with the intent her and I playing..now it's somehow organically changed! My hubby is the more confident one. This may change on the day 🤣🤣 He's happy to just watch and join in with me..thats what he wants most.  I want him to get as much out of this as I am. We are a unit..its about both of us. He asked the questions about her in case it gravitated that way. So we have no grey areas.

My insecurities I think are definitely in my head..past doesn't help. But this is now! This is a chance for something amazing and fun and help us to grow together and be our authentic self..together with no judgement. It feels really special..what a gift!

My hubby is not pushing anything. Hes following my lead. He's happy just to watch.. but is that selfish of me if he wants to play with her too? Her giving doesnt affect me at all..why does him giving feel different? Confused! We do have safe words. One to stop a particular activity..second one to totally stop! 

The main thing I'm struggling with is figuring out in my head how I can feel jealous, scared, excited and turned on all at the SAME time!!!! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ when you are a naturally emotional person it's difficult to separate.. but I want to learn..and know I have to! We are definitely not rushing anything. Having this forum to speak to people who understand is helping so much.. many thank to everyone. X 😊

• Like 1

9 hours ago, couplers said:

It was the same for me.  For two years I had a boyfriend Red, and we played separately, then hubby David was sometimes around, then occasional MFMs.  Both guys were fine sharing me and I worked hard to keep both happy.  But I was too jealous for hubby to have fun with another woman.  Until one day I changed.  It wasn't baby steps, I snapped.  A female friend complemented David to me privately in a sexual way and I made it happen. 

My jealousy was and still is intense, but I analogize it to a kid on a scary amusement park ride.  (S)he gets off shaking and says, "Can we go again?"  I'm jealous, scared, it hurts, but I crave it, I'm addicted.  Like a hard, exhausting run, it makes me feel good after it happens. 

The biggest thing is that if you have good communications and your husband going all the way with another woman isn't feeling good for you, stop without any recriminations.  Go back to what was working, you doing things that he doesn't.  Things don't need to be symmetrical, it's a journey, an adventure. 

Thank you for your reply. Its helping me so much to be able to work through stuff with people who understand. But neutral! 

It started initially with us wanting ff fun. It's naturally changed over the weeks. Hubby not pushing anything..he's happy to watch. Turn on for us both.  He asked the questions, which I'm glad about, in case the scenario came up. Want no grey areas. 

Two things in my head. Why is the thought of him giving feeling like it is when him receiving doesn't affect me? And how do you process the feeling of jealously, fear, excitement and being turned on all at the same time?!! I want and need to learn how to seperate emotions from it. The unknown is always scary. X 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TeamCalgary said:

Always remember a couple of key principles Littlfephish69; the wagon moves as fast as the slowest horse (whoever is the most conservative should dictate the pace at which things progress) and you have control over what does, and does not transpire. Take comfort in that. 

You will deal with all kinds of feelings in this pursuit; make a pact with your spouse around a couple of fundamentals.

1. you will always talk, even if you do not want to. always share your feelings. 

2. as an adjunct to the first; your spouse is never the enemy, the situation created is. 

Thank you. He is definitely following my lead. We communicate well..always have. Having fear, jealousy (which I know is a wasted and unfounded emotion, nonetheless is there) excitement and being turned on in my head at the same time is hard to process and understand! The other thing is figuring out why the thought of him giving feels uncomfortable but him receiving doesn't bother me! This may change of course! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Numex said:

When Daniela and I started in the lifestyle, it was just her hotwifing.  Not because she was jealous or anything, but because I thought my wife wanted the variety, the sexual freedom she used to have when she was single, and perhaps something she was missing with me.  Plus, she gave me enough sex and sexual satisfaction that I didn't need anything else.  The one way arrangement was perfectly fine with me (after a while she wanted and we had MFMs) but eventually she wanted me to play as well.

The point is, if your spouse is willing to let you have whatever you're doing without reciprocity, go for it.  Things will evolve, most likely to you actually wanting your husband to do more.  Enjoy the moments as they come.

Thank you. Initially we were both wanting just ff as I'm bi. I wanted him to watch me and he wanted to watch. Join in with me if he wanted.  It's progressed to us both wanting to do more. We're mutually ok with me with the mr too. His questions were more about what happens if scenario. Its about him too and I want to give him the same gift he's given me..but the thought of him giving feels very different to him receiving which I'm fine with. The human brain is so complicated! I have no reason for jealousy..its a wasted emotion and unfounded..nonetheless its there along with fear excitement and being turned on all at the same Time!  

• Like 1

People here write about the need, want, or desire for "reclaiming" sex, the physical thing, after swapping partners.  Daniela and I do that, but we also enjoy engaging in a post analysis conversation about what we've done, what we saw the our spouse do, and our feelings about it.  It's a mental form of reclaiming.  Our talk has never been a "I hated seeing you do that" or "it really bothered me that", it's always an exploration of how we felt, the joy, the pride, the admiration, even the envy (me jealous of how she can enjoy and satisfy multiple partners while I struggle to get it up a second time).  It makes me feel so great when I bring up how she had such a good time with a guy, an intensity of orgasm she usually doesn't have with me.  She kisses me, thanks me for letting her have the experience, and tell me that she loves me so much.  It is like getting naked in front of each other, taking those observations and feeling, rolling them around in our minds between us.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Numex said:

People here write about the need, want, or desire for "reclaiming" sex, the physical thing, after swapping partners.  Daniela and I do that, but we also enjoy engaging in a post analysis conversation about what we've done, what we saw the our spouse do, and our feelings about it.  It's a mental form of reclaiming.  Our talk has never been a "I hated seeing you do that" or "it really bothered me that", it's always an exploration of how we felt, the joy, the pride, the admiration, even the envy (me jealous of how she can enjoy and satisfy multiple partners while I struggle to get it up a second time).  It makes me feel so great when I bring up how she had such a good time with a guy, an intensity of orgasm she usually doesn't have with me.  She kisses me, thanks me for letting her have the experience, and tell me that she loves me so much.  It is like getting naked in front of each other, taking those observations and feeling, rolling them around in our minds between us.  

This is we intend to do.. just as we discuss anything that may come up already. I've read and heard how good this part is too. Only time will tell. I'm probably overthinkung everything! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Littlephish69 said:

Why is the thought of him giving feeling like it is when him receiving doesn't affect me?

I could speculate (because it's better to give than receive?), but it's a mystery.  My advice is to embrace that feeling. 

13 hours ago, Littlephish69 said:

how do you process the feeling of jealously, fear, excitement and being turned on all at the same time?!! I want and need to learn how to seperate emotions from it.

Don't try to deconstruct it.  Let it all wash over you like a wave and enjoy the complexity of it all.

Best of luck and please keep us updated. 

• Like 2

On 4/23/2023 at 5:24 AM, Littlephish69 said:

Hi ..newbie here..please be gentle! 😉

Husband (straight) and I (bisexual) are about to embark on our first meet. Originally started with us doing ff and men watching, joining in with own partner. After much discussion, it's now progressed to us doing more! We communicate well in our everyday life and with this too..you have to! Both happy with what we have decided, but, I am feeling stuff about certain things and I can't explain these feelings (emotional and physical!) Both happy with ff and mf. His biggest turn on is watching and mine is him watching me. I'm ok with him receiving oral from f (baby steps!) But the thought of him giving feels different and more 'scary'! Only word I can use that is anywhere near! That being said it also all feels a turn on at the same time! I'm so confused..we're talking a lot between us and other couple, and being very open about everything. We are very happy and in love and have an amazing bond already.

We have talked in depth over a few years and ready to take the plunge. 

Any advice or explanation about this or how to deal with this, and how process and explain would be gratefully received x 😊

If you’re both sure you’re ready for this then I have one simple piece of advice that can make or break your experience and possibly even your relationship……Your first time, you both should concentrate on the other person…..NOT YOURSELF. If you make sure he’s having a better experience  than you and he makes sure you’re having a better experience than him this can be awesome. If you focus on yourself and ignore him….or vice versa, that’s when things go to shit.   Both you and your husband should ask yourself one simple question to see if your ready…..can you look in the mirror and see yourself honestly saying “ wow, watching you fuck that other person is a huge turn on! If you both can do that, your go to go.  If either one of you can’t see yourself saying that…..RUN, don’t walk away from this. I don’t know about you but my marriage is worth way more than sex.

• Like 2

About your worries Normal enough.

There is always some risk with anything new. Choosing a new grocery store, or doctor, first dates, first day at a new job.

Can / will something go sideways? Eventually, probably yes.

How big of a deal will it be? It is most likely that will be entirely up to the two of you.

For the most part though the things that go awry are little things that blindside one./ How you agree to approach such things makes all the difference.

Our rule is that we both appreciate that neither of us will ever do anything intentionally to hurt the other.

That rule turns any "bad" experience into a learning experience and therefore a growth experience.

Yes there is the rare, occasional thing we hear of in the LS,  that to anyone would qualify as an unmitigated disaster from which there is no recovery.

Those are mostly either very predictable because people are not thinking ahead, are not well balanced , or truly know each other from the start. Others are the stuff of myth and fable.

• Like 3

The enemy of jealousy is communication, truth, honesty, and love. I know that no matter how 'good' someone else may be in bed, we are still going home together. Sometimes one of us even learns something new that our partner enjoys and we can add to our own intimate times together. Keep talking, set your boundaries and limits and don't exceed them, never move faster than the slowest person is comfortable with (there's no reason to rush anything) and you should be fine. Also, one of our original rules that still remains in place is that when one of us says no, we both say no (no matter what it is about or for)...and if one of us wants to stop, we will happily stop, no questions asked, and take the memories and enjoyment with us as we leave.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2023 at 9:01 PM, Numex said:

We are talking constantly and finding our way slowly but positively. 

Communication has always been great generally so that's a plus. Learning to navigate feelings (physically too) and emotions is hard but important. This is something that not many openly talk about I feel as its hard to admit. But we are also human!! Being scared of nervous isn't a reason not to do anything we want to do..but I feel it important to address it and help us to grow.  Looking forward to to the future 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lcmim said:

About your worries Normal enough.

There is always some risk with anything new. Choosing a new grocery store, or doctor, first dates, first day at a new job.

How big of a deal will it be? It is most likely that will be entirely up to the two of you.

For the most part though the things that go awry are little things that blindside one./ How you agree to approach such things makes all the difference.

Our rule is that we both appreciate that neither of us will ever do anything intentionally to hurt the other.

That rule turns any "bad" experience into a learning experience and therefore a growth experience.

Yes there is the rare, occasional thing we hear of in the LS,  that to anyone would qualify as an unmitigated disaster from which there is no recovery.

Those are mostly either very predictable because people are not thinking ahead, are not well balanced , or truly know each other from the start. Others are the stuff of myth and fable.

Communication is thankfully great. I have a very patient and loving husband. His reassurance is so important to me..and he knows that. 

We have agreed our definite dos and donts and some may change further down the line. Things have significantly changed from the first conversations to now and will no doubt change again down the line. Slowly slowly eh! 

Things that I think now may bother me and vice versa so going in with an open mind and although I've had a wobble it's something we both want to still explore. Reading all these comments has really helped..and yes we have both been reading them together too. I'm grateful for how nice everyone has been and must admit I was expecting some negative comments but I'm pleasantly suprised. If this thread helps other newbies all the better.  I think i have found in a short few days I've come to realise that the feelings that happen aren't necessarily what you first think they are! The rush of adrenaline that happens can mimic other emotions. Adrenaline can trigger fight or flight. Learn to keep breathing. .and come back to it. Another thing is never assume what your partner may or may not want to do..they may be happy not to.do the same as you, and as someone else said it doesn't have to always have to be equal..and that's ok too! 

The rush of adrenaline that happens can mimic other emotions.

Almost overlooked this. Its called New Relationship Energy or NRE and is easily be mistaken for other emotions. The best way to deal with this is to just be aware it exists and get caught up in the emotions.

On 4/24/2023 at 7:10 AM, Davdia said:

Your first time, you both should concentrate on the other person…..NOT YOURSELF.     honestly saying “ wow, watching you fuck that other person is a huge turn on!

I agree with all that you have said with one minor exception.  Many times in the beginning and even now sometimes, it doesn't turn me on to watch Daniela fucking another man (it has never turned me off), it just makes me happy to see how much she is enjoying herself.  Part of concentrating on my spouse instead of myself.  When they are both really enjoying themselves it also makes me proud that she's my wife, that the other guy know what I have.

On 4/24/2023 at 3:14 AM, Littlephish69 said:

I'm probably overthinkung everything! 

There is so much to think about.  Things pop into my head even days later.

Edited by Numex
  • Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 8:50 AM, lcmim said:

Great observation.  And just like a new grocery store, or doctor, first dates, first day at a new job, it may not go well.  Agree beforehand that if something doesn't turn out as you like that you two will discuss it, make modifications, and if necessary, move on - without recrimination.  "Well, it was YOUR idea!" is not a good idea.  It should be like, "OK, I'm sorry, you can choose the restaurant next time."