mediccouple

Ladies... how open are you about swinging with your doctors???

Ladies heres the dilemma im in... i want to be safe but i also dont want the weird looks etc from being that open. Have you found GYN docs that are understanding of the situation we are in or are they all sort of... well prude. I have approached this conversation with one other doc in the past and it went..... not so good.... so im a little gunshy for sure. Any tips

Most Docs will have the same reponse yours did, so honestly that's the one thing neither of us share with our Dr.  But we are the strictest lifestyle couple we know in terms of making sure we and our partners are std tested and have paperwork and we conduct that business outside our regular Dr. and use a site/service (stdtest.com) and pay outside our insurance plan for it.  Bottom line is we are behaving as responsibly as possible and choose to spare ourselves the usual reprimanding from our Doctors.

• Like 2

Two doctors with whom I discussed it were actually supportive. 

I agree with the sentiment that if they are not at least clinically responsive to address your needs, go elsewhere. 

If you don't feel like you can be open and honest with your doctor, then you are not doing yourself any favors. Just tell them that you occasionally have multiple sexual partners and leave it at that. Even if they notice that your chart says that you are married, most won't ask about it since it doesn't really matter when it comes to your health. If they DO ask, just ask them what difference does that make? If they persist, then they aren't the right doctor for you. Doctors are like finding single guys to swing with...there are thousands that you can choose from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, adamgunn said:

Perhaps I'm naive here, but can't you simply tell your doctor, "I have multiple sex partners," and leave out the how, when and how many?

Personally I'd rather be known as a swinger than an adulterer.

• Like 2

Yeah.... hard no. Few doc's have a private practice. Mostly large hospital based large groups. And as a result your information mysteriously gets spread around.  HIPA doesn't mean much if you can't trace where the information came from. Around here Drs routinely refuse to treat you with no clear reason given (usually a religious conflict).  

If we were in need of sti testing we would go to a free clinic far away from home and pay cash.  

• Like 1

Interestingly, as prelude to a standard annual checkup, one of us yesterday completed a "standard intake form". There was a new question on the form, "Do you wish to be tested for sexually transmitted infections?"  There was no judgment implied, and no one particularly bats an eye at whatever tests need to be done. 

As an aside, in addition to the usual tests screening for lipid abnormalities, cholesterol levels, blood sugar and hemoglobin A1C, colonoscopy needs to repeated. I mention all of this simply to emphasize that conversation about sexual activity and sexual risk is sandwiched between the questions about alcohol use and exercise habits, and with not particular stigma. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Fundamental Law said:

Interestingly, as prelude to a standard annual checkup, one of us yesterday completed a "standard intake form". There was a new question on the form, "Do you wish to be tested for sexually transmitted infections?"  There was no judgment implied, and no one particularly bats an eye at whatever tests need to be done. 

As an aside, in addition to the usual tests screening for lipid abnormalities, cholesterol levels, blood sugar and hemoglobin A1C, colonoscopy needs to repeated. I mention all of this simply to emphasize that conversation about sexual activity and sexual risk is sandwiched between the questions about alcohol use and exercise habits, and with not particular stigma. 

Yeah at my doctor there was a simple selection for sexual orientation and partner(s) to indicate whether you were exclusively monogamous.  A result of which was a change in vaccine recommendations(hepatitis/hpv) and an ask at checkups if I need sti screening.  Took all the awkwardness out of it.

• Like 3

My GP has questions asking what sex is on my birth certificate, what sex do identify as, and what gender pronoun I prefer. Easy questions for me to answer. There is one question that was very easy for me to answer my whole life, 

Do you think of yourself as lesbian/gay/homosexual, straight/heterosexual, bisexual, something else. Easy answer was straight/heterosexual. Recently had a bisexual occurrence, do I change my answers on my next office visit? 
My OB/Gyn was the one who gave me my IUD, removed my IUD and prescribed medications and hormone therapy. My drive had changed and sex was becoming painful. She recently asked if things are better, my answer as a joke was my husband is very happy. I did not mention our meeting with a couple or my having a bi experience. 
The sex we had was not safe sex, something we talked about after the fact. Being our first meeting went as easy as can be, neither of us stopped to make sure we were doing things the right way. We also don’t know if there will be others couples we will meet outside of who we met. 

The only time I had a weird experience was when I had my first appointment with an obstetrician with my first child.

Clair had accidentally become pregnant by David my husband, and we had always talked about the two of us to being pregnant together and giving birth around the same time.  Clair and I talked about what to do the afternoon she took a pregnancy test (actually, like three of four, all positive) and we decided it was time to put the plan into action.  I stopped the pill and in order for me to get pregnant as quickly as possible, I had sex with Red and hubby.  I wanted to have at least one child by each, and hubby was ok with that.  The guys could start intercourse with Clair (Lora wasn't part of our family yet), but had to ejaculate in me.  It worked.

Hubby went to the first visit to the obstetrician with me.  The doctor said something about hubby being a father, I said we don't know yet, Red might be the father, and his reaction made it clear we had to change doctors.

Edited by couplers

On 4/28/2021 at 12:07 PM, PSULioness said:

Ewww. I thought the post was about swinging with my doctor. 

You beat me to that one!

On 4/28/2021 at 12:07 PM, PSULioness said:

Ewww. I thought the post was about swinging with my doctor. 

On 5/12/2021 at 3:56 PM, Baconheads said:

You beat me to that one!

Me as well.  There was one young, cute, personable gyno that I had, and as she was examining me, my mind did wonder...  She spoke of her husband and I wondered some more (FFM is my favorite).  Perhaps I should have pursued the small chance that something could have come of it.

• Hot! 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By KatrinaandDriverX
      For me, it's not about having sex or sex acts or multiple partners. It is about 'feeding' different aspects of my personality, occasionally, in diverse ways with sex. It transcends role playing, it's a sexual moment as I'm giving, yielding, engaging and driving my partner(s) into an exquisite moment. To build them up, for the men to enter me in a pure moment that thrills or kissing a woman with tongues plunging deeply. I love it when someone I may have just met can surrender to me and I to them. Then, once we're done that it's perfectly alright to go to the next partner and, who knows, have that same person again later that night (or not). Or, if it's simply to play with another couple, have the sex with the husband be so great that the wife thanks me. Then, of course, there's the knowledge of my husband having another girl, whether it be a wife  or innocent bystander, knowing she just might be asking herself if watching me fuck means my husband must be amazing (he is). 
    • By Billygoat
      From a open discussion with LS friends on Friday night.  Everyone at the table have been in the LS for eight or more years and have been quite active and have explored and experienced various activities and fantasies that interested them.  The common thread was the women present ( several wives, girlfriends and three single ladies) had all experienced and enjoyed having at the least two men (MFM) to several at a time (or throughout the evening at a party).  It didn’t take long into this conversation for it to turn into a ladies only animated conversation of their experiences and accomplishments with only their husbands/boyfriends asked to chime in verification/confirmation of the event, act or result of the experience.  Hands down all of us males had enjoyed whatever happened in the shared stories.  

It was awesome to sit and listen to these women sharing their adventures, thoughts and results of their experiences and there was quite a bit of excited chatter and teasing…..lots of loud shouts and laughter.  I was glad due to our number and time of the evening we were seated at the back corner of the dining area well away from the few dinners still present.  I am sure there were a few servers who got an ear full.

One noticeable revelation from observing all this was the common result of these experiences for the women.  All revealed in one way or another the personality…..confidence…..level of comfort the all experienced as a result of their sexual sharing and experiences in the LS.  Echoed by their spouses (those present).

1. Ability now to discuss openly anything with their SO.
      2. Discuss, ask for what ever they had an interest in, desire, openly on any topic as well as sexually.
      3.  All openly discussed that sexually in their private lives prior to the lifestyle they rarely if ever initiated any activity with their SO only were reactive to initiation by their SO.  And NEVER asked for or discussed their personal desires, needs or fantasies.  (the single ladies present agreed they felt the same with any partner they might have.  Including the husbands and boyfriends of other women that they shared)
      4. Their personal sexual/sensual lives in their relationship have become broadened and deeper, a much closer intimacy (not just sexual) then before.  Far more satisfying.  

It was not just a fun evening out together as a group (sex was not part of this evening at all, just social gathering) but so enlightening.  

Sitting having coffee this morning it occurred to me that all this, generally, is probably true to some level to anyone who is involved at some level in the LS.  Dependent of course on what level or type of involvement in an alternative Lifestyle they are in.  I also thought that there are  common takeaways:

1. Situational shyness, intimidation, lack of confidence, appearance concerns and feelings/concern of being judged negatively.
      2. That last part “feelings/concern of being judged negatively” is they largest shared issue that women have.  From the time they are self aware 6, 7, 8 years old and on…..they are told, threatened, educated  etc that their sex is private, not to be displayed shared discussed experienced and in many cases told any negative experiences are their fault….not being a good girl.
      3. The confidence, personal strength, emotional discovery over growth and feeling at peace with themselves.  Acceptance of who they are.
      4. Sexual preferences and desires.  Even with in their group a funny but eye opening discussion…and truth concerning size, preferred size and what/how it all relates.  It really isn’t what it seems.  LOL

everyone grows in this lifestyle to their own comfort level.  But to watch these women and listen to them (including my Queen) was just hands down amazing.  This group of women discussing to only their experiences but some of their not yet experienced fantasies/desires.  Their emotions.  Support…..no negative judgements at all.  Even bragging rights and one up man ship between them.  A chance to get a peak into a part of the LS not often discussed……at-least with males present.

• By TricianMike
      Michael and I continue to see a therapist both together and separately. Over the years we have both become more open to telling her what experiences and feelings we have with others and the reasons we enjoy others. I will never know what he tells her in his private sessions though I am very open in our joint meetings.

We have told her that we post some of our experiences on a swingers site, it’s more me posting, Michael doesn’t post anymore. She asked if I embellish my posts because many post on sites about fantasies more than realities. I think I post real feelings as best as I can but I know what she means that posting has an excitement factor like reliving an event. Others will post something they wished they did almost as if they did it. 
      Michael and I were very hesitant to open up to our therapist our alternative lifestyle thoughts when we first met her. I opened up first in my private meetings and then only in a broad way with no specific acts. I didn’t think she would understand what we were doing or how she would judge me. Therapy was to take away my odd feelings which ended up adding to my thinking my actions were odd. Once getting over my fears of opening up my deep thoughts it has freed up anxiety of enjoying.

I think I have a healthier outlook now that I have freed myself of worrying what others think and what a therapist thinks. Our joint sessions are now very freeing allowing me to express my feelings to Michael and understanding his feelings.

How open are others? Do others discuss true feelings to a partner? Are you honest to a therapist? 
    • By sunbuckus
      Awhile back, a thread made a comment about sex being different for women because we're accepting something to be inserted inside our bodies whereas men don't. I suppose it's like saying it's easier for everyone to want to explore something by poking our finger at something but we're much more sensitive about someone putting something into our ears.

Do you think there's anything to this? Does a woman require a bit more trust in their sex partner than a man does because something will be going inside them instead of doing the insertion? Or could there be something else to it?