Billygoat

An evening out: Let the ladies talk.

Great observations; may I add one more?  All of this is true and simple if viewed from the perspective that being nonmonogamous is the natural state of being human, even as we form close emotional attachments.

• Like 4

Agreed.  However, the human species never started out as a monogamous mammal. 

I do not want to divert the thread but that would be a very interesting topic.  

looking at human history as we know it (sciences based) monogamy to some extent is relatively new, marriage as we know it extremely new by a couple of thousand years for a select population…..in many cases only several hundred years old for the majority. 

Marriage is in our nature; monogamy is not.

My wife and I having played for several years now, it is clear that watching you mate fuck someone else then going home with her/him is the way we are wired.

• Like 2

The sharing yes.  Many Tribe/Klan structured societies not only shared but had beliefs and festivals promoting this.  Literally mating with passing travelers/wanderers just to add new blood lines to a limited tribe/klan.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Billygoat said:

not only shared but had beliefs and festivals promoting this.

Throughout most of the the history of man, when children were more of an asset as labor than an expensive hobby for twenty years, you can be pretty certain that childless couples had the wife fuck other men.  You did what you had to do to achieve the happy result.  The words cuckold and wittol are very old, so that's not a new thing either.

• Like 1

I love listening to women talk sex openly, you get a much different view than from men. I guess what surprised me was their conquests and raunchyness of their conversations. I have heard stories that would make a sailor blush and to top that is if some of the women are nurses talking about sex, they will flat gross you out!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, couplers said:

being nonmonogamous is the natural state of being human

21 hours ago, Billygoat said:

Agreed.  However, the human species never started out as a monogamous mammal. 

I think can agree that we agree. 🙂

• Like 2

One day in band camp

In HS guys would brag and discuss conquests and there were some girls that a few of us had in common. I always wondered if the girls had the same conversations. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, PeterJ said:

I assume at least some groups of them did. 

Once when I was in my mid-20s my then wife and four of her female med-school classmates were hanging out at our house and drinking wine. After a few glasses the conversation started getting pretty sexually explicit — almost raunchy. It was like they stopped even noticing I was there. And part of me wished I wasn’t. My wife was pretty discreet, but over all I’d never heard women talk like that. 😳😂 (I’m way more jaded now…)

Have been in a similar situation myself. My wife and those ladies were makin' me blush. Glad to know I ain't the only guy that has been submitted to that lol.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Fundamental Law said:

women gravitate to each other not for protection (as seems often the case in vanilla settings) but rather find strength

This is so true in our poly family.  Together Clair, Lora, and I are much stronger. 

• Like 2

The women in our small group have so many laughs, albeit at the expense of our wonderful partners, when we are together talking. We have a new girlfriend who I thought was shy has been the most vocal and can be called raunchy as we are more open with each other. Before having this group of friends Alan and I would talk about our meetings but it so much different from the laughs we now have. It is funny how I am having fun exchanging experiences with the ladies now, it’s bringing back to my college days and the big laughs my roommate and I had comparing sexual trysts. 

• Like 3

Women in the lifestyle glow; shine like lights.

I am always telling my wife that the LS has turned her into a human magnet; men and women can feel the confidence 

that she now exudes and the radiance that emanates from her. To state that it has been good for her is an understatement. 

FL hit on something seminal above in this thread, "vulnerability". 

It's the choice of showing our true selves to others and it takes confidence and strength to do so. 

It is our observation, that as the LS "strips" us of our inhibitions, it also replaces those inhibitions with strength, 

and willingness to embrace risk, and, hence, render us vulnerable, tipping the risk/reward balance heavily towards reward. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jamesok said:

Have been in a similar situation myself. My wife and those ladies were makin' me blush. Glad to know I ain't the only guy that has been submitted to that lol.

Unfortunately many of us have been. Made me feel self conscious at times. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2023 at 10:32 PM, Fundamental Law said:

Your observation mirrors ours: when we are among other LS couples, the women gravitate to each other not for protection (as seems often the case in vanilla settings) but rather find strength in themselves sharing their experiences with others. It's a different dynamic. 

I found women look to other women to share more than men look to men. 

• Like 2

On 3/13/2023 at 3:50 PM, PeterJ said:

I assume at least some groups of them did. 

Once when I was in my mid-20s my then wife and four of her female med-school classmates were hanging out at our house and drinking wine. After a few glasses the conversation started getting pretty sexually explicit — almost raunchy. It was like they stopped even noticing I was there. And part of me wished I wasn’t. My wife was pretty discreet, but over all I’d never heard women talk like that. 😳😂 (I’m way more jaded now…)

I was in a similar situation, I was in college and after a night class held in the gymnasium I brought this topic up to a female classmate. She told me that girls were more raunchy than men in their sex talk. I wasn't totally convinced until she took me into the girls shower room and showed me all the filthy writings on the mirrors and the stall walls. I didn't know that women were bathroom wall poets! 

• Haha 1