Would you swing with a co-worker (and their spouse if applicable)?  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Would you swing with a co-worker (and their spouse if applicable)?

• YES!
    • No
    • HELL NO!
    • Maybe if they were in a different location
    • Already have
    • Haven't yet, but others know I/we swing

If we ran into someone that happened to be a coworker at a known lifestyle event, we wouldn't rule it out, but would never go there in the office, even if we knew that someone was a swinger.

I own a company with 30 employees and of the 30, 3 are swingers (2 plus myself). Both of these people know of our interest in their hobby and I have had serious conversations with both outlining the do's and don'ts of our relationship. It has worked splashingly so far.

In the end, these guys are adults and act as such but the risk for all is too high to do more than talk. Each seems to understand this and respects the 'line'.

We answered, no but we would consider it only because we've learned never to say never.

L and I do privately speculate about various folks we work with, but we would probably not initiate a conversation about swinging with a co-worker. We have several concerns. One, it changes how people think about one another, might not be for the better work-wise. Another is that in today's PC workplace, the professional risks would be high if they reported you or outed you. Also, we're unsure how our coworkers might feel about some of the folks we play with.

We know there's a chance we'll stumble upon co-workers in the lifestyle; we'll decide how to handle that if it happens.

To be fair, however, we've known some folks who played with co-workers with no negative repercussions, so we can't say with certainty that it's a bad thing.

Well... I don't know about CURRENT co-worker.... but recently had contact with someone that I'd worked for a couple of times several years ago. Neither one of us freaked out about it though, moreso because we'd been involved in a few non-lifestyle activities outside of work. I'd never say never. :)

Probably not. To quote an old adage military that officers cited: "Never fuck around the flagpole." I.e., if you're gonna play, don't do it with folks you work with.

To be fair, though, several folks I (S) used to swing with in the 80s did, in fact, swing with co-workers and had nothing but fun. I'd just be leery of possible repercussions.

:lol: So glad to see that my immediate "Oh, hell no!" reaction was on the list!

They may be cute or sexy or sweet, but to mix work and play in that fashion is just begging for trouble...

We've found ourselves in this situation recently.

Mrs. NM had suspected a co-worker was a swinger, which was confirmed when we ran into he and his wife at a local swing club.

Mrs. NM is concerned about the "Never at work" rule, but seems genuinely interested in socializing with them. The challenge is to keep socializing from becoming sex, and therefore uncomfortable at work.

I am less concerned than she because she only interacts infrequently with him at work. The other couple seems very secure and committed to one another, and all four of us got along very well at the club. Though they work at the same place, we live about an hour apart.

We've been invited to dinner/boating with them.

I'm more inclined to think of the adage "don't s*** where you eat" to apply more to cheating vanilla spouses or romantically involved couples at work. Getting caught or breaking up creates unacceptable drama in the workplace. Our swinging style separates sex from romance, and we always (and only) play as a couple.

I'm not seeing the harm in occasional social sex between co-workers in this context.

• Like 1

Some of my co workers are so cute I'd love to "play around" if it came up. I've flirted with them enough, just waiting for a bite...or maybe even just a nibble.

For Mr. Sweet, it helps there aren't too many women at his job that he'd consider playing with on a bet. But even so, neither of us would dip our pen in the company inkwell.

=)

I voted already have. It was one of the most awesome of all of my experiences. They were the easy going type and I knew there wouldn't be any ramifications. It only happened once 3 1/2 years ago and while we aren't close friends, we see each other all the time and it has never affected our work relationship.

Our first MFM was with a co-worker of sorts. All three of us are employed by the same global company, and we each work in a different division, so our paths rarely cross. He seemed like the perfect candidate, and turned out to be just that. We were friendly before the "event". If it were someone we worked with closely on a daily basis, then no, but since we are in the same place maybe twice per year, seemed like a good fit.

We voted "hell no!" We think that it would interfer with the co-worker relationship. Plus you can't talk about what you experienced with that person or others around vanilla people.

We voted yes to this, wife is a stay at home while I do the working. There is a couple at work and given the oppertunity I would play with them. He works in a different area so there is no real interaction.

I had one of my best MFM with a co-worker male and his wife about 4 years ago. My personal opinion is that it's better if the male (in my case) initiates the "interest" as it would make the co-working a LOT more comfortable afterwards.

We said HELL NO. Of course we have both done it with co-workers before, we would not consider swinging with them now. We have only played with one couple from teh same county. Always revert to teh "Don't shit where you eat" rule.

One couple we've played with make liberal use of co-workers for much of their swinging. He manages a plant. She plays with guys who work in the plant, either one at a time or at gangbangs. She tells the guys she's playing behind her husband's back and that he doesn't know. The guys she plays with find it exciting, and she and her husband enjoy the results.

Despite how well this works for them, we'd still be leery about playing with folks we know professionally, either co-workers, clients, or competitors. The business world is just too small, and the risk is just too great. Besides: there are LOTS of other playmates out there.

We answered, Hell No.

However it has happened. Wasn’t a person who could qualify as a co-worker, however we were working together on a prolonged project. She came on to Mr. Co, he reacted suggesting “what if it isn’t just me?” Initially she was taken aback, but it ultimately ended up being our first FMF experience. That is how it all started.

Never resulted in any ramifications at work… WHEW!

That would be a big NO. I stopped just short of the Hell No because I can dream up a hypothetical where I guess it could have a 0.01% chance of happening, but for all practical purposes, Nope, not a good idea at all.

I played with a business contact not someone who worked for me. Almost all my extramarital play happened on business travel and many were with people I did business with. 

I didn't swing with, but I did date a coworker, my wife gave the okay. We didn't work in the same city, so it wasn't awkward at all after we decided to stop.

Quoting from another post of mine:

"It happened to me in reverse.  I became romantically involved with a young professional woman who I met in a social group devoted to outdoor activities with weekend trips to interesting places.  We dated even more.  She eventually got a position in a different part of the company that I worked for.

Have you ever been introduced to someone who you've already slept with? 

I don't seek out coworkers for sexual relationships,  but I have slept with one specific coworker that I had an incredible amount of sexual tension with on more than a few occasions.  On a sexual level we are like kismet, fated to fuck.  I travel frequently for work and when I travel with him, we do not sleep alone.  We also don't sleep.  

• Like 2
  • Hot! 1

I've had sex with a co-worker but never have been in a swinging situation with one. 

Currently there is a woman I fantasize about merely out of boredom. She isn't very pretty but I get a vibe she may be wild in bed. Maybe because she reminds me of someone I knew years ago who was crazy fun.

Edited by discreetplay
  • Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 7:21 PM, Numex said:

Have you ever been introduced to someone who you've already slept with?

"They know not I knew thee,
   Who knew thee too well—"

Sleeping with a co-worker or employee strikes me as a bad idea. Ex-co-worker could work. 

People tell me that romances begin at work. Who wants to see them everyday after it doesn’t work out?

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 5:38 PM, njbm said:

Sleeping with a co-worker or employee strikes me as a bad idea.

The original question was, "Would you swing with a co-worker?"  Supposedly no romance would be involved it was understood as swinging going in, like the spouses knew and potentially involved as well.

Long ago, when I was first non-monogamous, and feeling full of myself, I got sexually involved with a guy with an outside accounting/consulting firm doing work for my company.  I told everyone (him, hubby, my ex-fiancé/boyfriend) what was going on, and each knew that the others knew what was going on.  He was a selfish lover (basically he wanted blowjobs, bum sex and cared only about his Os and not mine).  So I ended it (after taking him to a hotel and making him do oral on me for hours and doing nothing for him).  I saw him again over the next several years.  It may have been awkward for him, but not me.

Edited by couplers
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, reveur said:

Never fuck the company

Still, according to my HR source, there is a lot of that going on.

Edited by couplers
  • Like 1

We had sex with someone who worked with my Honey. They both worked for a professor at the University and I couldn’t believe it was happening. 

• Hot! 1

I've had sex with coworkers in the past (very long time ago) and it was a big mistake which I wish I had never done.  Just too many complications.

With that said, would there be situations where I would consider it?   Maybe.   Let me rephrase that - BIG maybe.  It would have to depend on both of us being completely involved and all the right business conditions in place.  You never want sex to have the potential to be used as a tool in your employment and means to make a living.  Most people can't simply walk away from their work the same as they can casual lifestyle relationships.

• Like 2

GF has fucked her coworkers and fucks her boss regularly.  Had MFM with them before and their chemistry is great.  So far it has been very positive.

• Like 1
  • Hot! 1

For many people their work environment is where they make most of their casual friendships. It’s the easiest place to find potential romantic and/or casual sexual partners. Everyone on this board probably knows couples who met through work. It’s probably how some of them met their current partners. And, based on some of the previous posts I’ve read, they’ve even entered into swinger relationships with coworkers.

That said, my opinion is that (particularly in the current legal and social environment) sex with a coworker, swinging or otherwise, is a quite risky endeavor. If it is someone who falls under your supervisory chain, and you are found out – even long after the relationship ended — you will be fired. And unless your talents are extraordinary, you will find it challenging to find a new position. The financial risks for an organization are just too high.

Over the course of a lengthy career I had two brief “inappropriate“ relationships. In the first instance, it was a direct report who had already turned in her resignation, effective several weeks in the future. The second was temporarily assigned to the department I managed. (The latter I’m close friends with more than 20 years later, although our sexual liaison was quite brief.) Because these two relationships were two and three decades ago, if we’d been busted in either case, I would certainly have been disciplined, though probably not fired.

One of my former colleagues was not so fortunate. I first knew her when she was a middle manager in an outward-facing position.  She was very cute, but sadly possesed of a voice I can only describe as “fingernails on a chalkboard” unpleasant. She also had a reputation for having affairs with colleagues outside our organization. No one was surprised when her marriage broke up. About the time I excepted a much better (professional) offer and left the company, she ascended to senior management.

A couple of years later she was forced out of the company. She had a problem with her computer and the IT department technician who came to fix it found a folder on her computer‘s desktop that contain sexually explicit photographs of my former colleague with her (female — I hadn’t known she was bi) assistant. The IT guy attempted to blackmail her for sex. My former colleague immediately went to the legal department and told them of the attempted extortion. The IT guy was fired on the spot. Then the HR department called my former colleague in and reminded her that she wasn’t supposed to be having sex with subordinates. She was fortunate they allowed her to resign, and as I understand it even sent her away with a cash package.

This woman was done in our industry — everyone soon knew about it — but she landed on her feet, using connections she had made during the course of her employment to land a job at one of the major entertainment industry talent agencies. She is still in that industry and as far as I can tell, thriving. I’m not sure if she learned a lesson or not. But I certainly took it as an object example of how playing around with colleagues can have a major impact on one’s life.

• Like 3

Yes we have and it worked because the wives were coworkers.  If the situation was one hubby works with the other wife then i would not advise it bc guys are dogs and he would always be coming onto the wife.