nusofties

TV, Movies, documentaries?

Are there any programs that have a positive outlook, and dare I say, a “happy ending” (no pun)?

TV programs with a positive outlook and a "Happy ending"?

I'm thinking "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood".  Completely positive outlook, and always ended with a Happy song.

Unfortunately, TV, especially in documentaries and 'reality' shows, relies on drama. The shows that have been made about swinging almost always focus on the 'drama' involved and as a result focus on how everything explodes or implodes at some point. A TV show about people who are swinging and live happily ever after, especially since it goes against the norm and the church, would not only be not as 'interesting' to the general public, it would cause outrage and protests in certain areas of the country. While it would be nice to have something accurate and factual about swinging, I have yet to find it...

• Like 2

There was a good show about swingers on CBS about 15 years ago. Swingtown?

• Like 1

There used to be a show on TV called "Strange Sex". Each episode dabbled into a different area of sexuality. For example, there was one episode that focused on the cougar lifestyle. Another focused on fetishes. You get the idea. One of the episodes focused on swinging and polyamory. I found the entire series to be very good. It wasn't drama based. They just laid out the subtopic in detail, without judgement, and let the viewer make their own decisions. I found it very educational. I don't know if the show is available on any streaming services, but if it is, it's worth a watch.

• Like 1

I've been in the same boat, craving some positivity on the screen. There's just something about a feel-good story with a happy ending that brightens your day, right? What I've found lately is checking out what's now in theaters. I remember stumbling upon this movie about a small-town community coming together to achieve something incredible. It left me feeling so inspired and lifted my spirits.So, if you're ever in the mood for that warm and fuzzy feeling, grab your favorite movie snacks, head to the theater, and see what's currently playing. It's like a mini vacation for your soul, and you might just discover a hidden gem that leaves you with a big smile.

Edited by EastonAlvarado