Saw it and distributed to our circle of lifestyle friends. Thanks, interesting and non-judgmental article!

I am curious as to what happens at Hedo, I have only heard stories. This article gave me insight to what is going on there in the pandemic era. 

I don’t consider myself an exhibitionist nor a voyeur. I have never been to a club either. I’m not sure of my comfort of playing with a stranger at a resort yet I have played with strangers at parties. Think it was the knowledge that someone I know invited that person. I have played in front of others but the excitement came from the person I was with not the fact that people were watching. 

Prior to the new rules what kind of resort other than the obvious is Hedo. Is it upscale or just Holiday Inn quality. When things return to normal, whenever and whatever that might be, we might want to go to a resort where clothing is optional and public is not mandatory. If we went with others we know it might be exciting playing outdoors though a playroom doesn’t seem to interest me. 

• Like 1

We have been to Desire Riviera Maya, Desire Pearl and Hedo 2. We preferred the Desires. Riviera Maya has a younger vibe, Pearl was older and quieter. Hedo 2 allows single males, which can change the balance. We also take Bliss cruises. 

We have met people at these resorts and have stayed friends for years.

People are loyal to each of them. I would go back to any. Looking forward to post pandemic. 

Desire has outdoor beds that are fun and a little more private than a playroom.

Sometimes I find the sights and sounds of a playroom distracting, so we have invited people to our room. 

Sometimes we have not played with others. If it is your choice not to, that’s fine .

20 hours ago, PSULioness said:

I am curious as to what happens at Hedo, I have only heard stories. This article gave me insight to what is going on there in the pandemic era. 

I don’t consider myself an exhibitionist nor a voyeur. I have never been to a club either. I’m not sure of my comfort of playing with a stranger at a resort yet I have played with strangers at parties. Think it was the knowledge that someone I know invited that person. I have played in front of others but the excitement came from the person I was with not the fact that people were watching. 

Prior to the new rules what kind of resort other than the obvious is Hedo. Is it upscale or just Holiday Inn quality. When things return to normal, whenever and whatever that might be, we might want to go to a resort where clothing is optional and public is not mandatory. If we went with others we know it might be exciting playing outdoors though a playroom doesn’t seem to interest me. 

If you want upscale, you should consider Desire. Other than at select times, the two Desire resorts are couples only. Hedo allows singles and locals (which is fine) but it has more of a frat party/ spring break vibe.  Desire is sexy and sensual and not quite so 'on the nose'. Not all who attend are lifestylers. Some are nudists, some are vanilla looking for a thrill, and some are there as exhibitionists/ voyeurs. All seem to coexist just fine as long as you are respectful of each other. There is zero pressure - to get nude, to play, etc. The staff is great. The playmakers (activity instigators) are also fantastic. The general consensus is RM is younger and bigger party but that can depend upon the crowd that particular week. We have friends that like one or the other or both. Frankly, it's hard to go wrong with either. Often, there are takeovers (full or partial) where podcasters or swinger sites host a week for their people.  As far as play goes, many folks go to their rooms. Beach beds are nice as well.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 1:45 PM, Fundamental Law said:

I thought this was an excellent piece of journalism and quite unlike most of what I see. Usually it’s kind of “walk on the wild side” approach and often with a slightly “looking down the nose at these pervs” tone. “I was surprised at how otherwise normal these (freaks) seemed otherwise.

What I really appreciated about this piece is that it was written from the implicit perspective that the fairly wide range of behaviors that go on at this resort are well within the normal span of human activities. And the really interesting thing is how in the current pandemic are the folks who operate these resorts able to ensure a reasonable degree of safety for customers and staff. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fitlakecouple said:

If you want upscale, you should consider Desire. Other than at select times, the two Desire resorts are couples only.

I don’t think we are going anytime soon. After posting, I checked TripAdvisor for reviews. It said Hedo was dated and the reviews agreed with what you said. Pricing shows that the Desire clubs are pricier, not always an indicator. I never asked friends who have gone to similar getaways much more than a few questions. I think my pre-lifestyle life was pretty much privileged and not making excuses, I just always liked the idea of better resorts. Yes I was spoiled. 

• Like 1

We are a bit spoiled and used to the finer things in life. You would not be roughing it at either of the Desire resorts. We stay at top notch places worldwide. The facilities at Desire are very nice. 

But do note that the crowd at DRM is younger than Pearl. We have stayed at both. And get an erotic couples massage. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PSULioness said:

I don’t think we are going anytime soon. After posting, I checked TripAdvisor for reviews. It said Hedo was dated and the reviews agreed with what you said. Pricing shows that the Desire clubs are pricier, not always an indicator. I never asked friends who have gone to similar getaways much more than a few questions. I think my pre-lifestyle life was pretty much privileged and not making excuses, I just always liked the idea of better resorts. Yes I was spoiled. 

Desire is the "best" but it is not a 5-star hotel. If you find a 5-star lifestyle place please tell us - we are spoiled too! We are waiting for this storm to pass before heading back as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fitlakecouple said:

Desire is the "best" but it is not a 5-star hotel. If you find a 5-star lifestyle place please tell us - we are spoiled too! We are waiting for this storm to pass before heading back as well.

We did an LS cruise last summer that was like being in a 5 star hotel. Alas cruising needs to wait a bit, as do most social activities. 

• Like 3

We were on a Crystal cruise that was a lifestyle takeover to Alaska in 2018, also top tier. So they exist. 

• Like 1

Just now, njbm said:

We were on a Crystal cruise that was a lifestyle takeover to Alaska in 2018, also top tier. So they exist. 

Yes, ours was a Crystal river cruise. It was absolutely top notch in every respect. We are distressed for the Crystal Cruise line that their superb staff have been furloughed. Hard to assemble and sustain that level of talent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fundamental Law said:

Yes, ours was a Crystal river cruise. It was absolutely top notch in every respect. We are distressed for the Crystal Cruise line that their superb staff have been furloughed. Hard to assemble and sustain that level of talent. 

Danube? We took a vanilla Danube cruise, really great. Is the river cruise ship big enough to allow for play? I recall our room was a suite, but still tiny. 

Our Crystal river cruise was indeed Budapest->Vienna. Yes, there are play options. Yes, venues and options more limited than on an ocean going vessel.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 8:48 PM, PSULioness said:

It is hard to describe what happens there, because every day is different, different groups will change the activity. No matter what you want to do you can make it. It is a fun place.

We have been 18 times

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By decpl2021
      We just returned from our stay at Hedonism 2 in Jamaica and the worst part of it was having to leave. I wanted to thank everyone here and those that left reviews elsewhere for your recommendation. We were NOT disappointed. While many people are in different stages of the lifestyle with different interests, I wanted to provide my feedback to help them decide or provide some insight for those just getting started in the lifestyle.

The facility was laid out very well, while they have a nude side and a prude side, either side is perfectly fine to choose and it is a very short walk should you choose to explore. The so called prude side, housing and beach, is the perfect place to spend the morning recovering from the night before or simply hang out in a quiet place for peaceful morning, relaxation and enjoy a more private intimate moment with your spouse or simply open a book to read. Clothing is optional, so do expect to see both nude, partially nude and fully clothed people. 

The Nude side, is the perfect place for party time, anything goes to the wildest and most open forms in sexual interaction. The best way to describe the beach is 0 to 10. You can choose to be totally isolated at the very end of the beach where it starts on the border to the next resort and can walk down to the other end  which ends up being a non stop 24/7 party! You can basically walk along (a short easy walk) and choose to stay wherever you like. While being nude is required for this side, you can still expect to see some people with some sort of covering, sheer/lace, hat even a sarong. 

Logistics:
      The Food is delicious, all kinds of food available for just about every taste, the staff is also familiar to help you with any food allergies and sensitivities. Don't hesitate to ask should you have some concerns regarding the ingredients, the staff is very friendly and happy to get any questions answered. On one occasion, (Asian Food Night) the chef came out personally went over which dishes contained gluten and pointed out what was safe. I stopped him half way through because there was more than enough to eat. Plates, Silverware, Napkins were all very clean, staff visited the table often to top off drinks and take away any plates.

The Bars were fully stocked, the drinks were properly mixed and no sense of being watered down or weak like we saw at other resorts. If you want an extra strong drink, they were happy to oblige but the standard drink was as you would expect. 
      While they didn't have bottled water, you are given a reusable container with plenty of fill stations. The refill stations throughout the resort are triple filtered with UV to provide safe clean drinking water. The water was clean, odorless and tasted as you would expect from bottled water.

The pools were clean and open to everyone, most of which are clothing optional with the exception of the one group of pools at the end of the nude side which was nude only. While there are several small pools through the resort, it was no trouble to find one that you can enjoy alone time with your mate. Same would go for hot tubs, plenty to choose from, private and open both nude and clothing optional.
      The nude side has a row of pools, semi warm one with a swim up bar, snack bar, wading pool (warm), waterfall that is a fence for a more private cave, large open hot pool, large cold pool and a smaller hot tub which is very warm. All of which are connected and easy to jump from pool to pool.

Nude Side:
      - Do expect 99% to be Nude
      - Do expect to view open sexual activity, everywhere, on the beach, on the deck, around the pool, in the pool, on the floating dock, in the water, on the sand...... everywhere but inside the restaurants.

Maintenance:
      While some did frown upon one pool or one room being closed as a given time, this is a good thing to be honest. The resort is basically a 24/7 establishment, there has to be a time where they perform maintenance and not every single room can be open 100% of the time. The resort is working hard to keep the property updated and clean, the closing of some rooms and pools should be expected. Nobody wants to go to a 'run down' resort. They are very conscious to maximize up time. For example, when we arrived the "Kamasutra Palace" was closed, we were a little upset at the moment but we saw that it was being repainted, new lighting fixtures being installed, floors being refinished and the whole building inside and outside being pressure washed. The next day, we went to find the other play room, just to find it closed but a sign hanging stating that the Kamasutra Palace was reopened and taking the place of the second play room. The same maintenance was going on there at the time. So there was always a play room open and while closing of any room sucks, it is nice to know they are keeping the buildings maintained and clean.

We saw two pools closed during our stay which was no big deal as there were still many to choose from. I was surprised that they drained one pool, scrubbed, painted, made repairs and was refilled and back in operation within 48 hours. I've seen pools closed for weeks at hotels to make these types of repairs. I saw their crew out there in the dark working until it was reopened.

Rooms: While the rooms were nice they were a little 'dated', wondering if they would be renovated anytime soon..... We then noticed 4 rooms with work crews gutting them for renovation, so do expect to see a new look on the other rooms the future
      Our room had one small issue, a drip of condensation from the A/C Unit, before we can even make a report, the maid noticed it and automatically contacted the A/C Repair Folks, they were in there during the daily cleaning and had it fixed in about 20 minutes. 

Beaches: The beaches were cleaned daily of leaves and debris but no real trash was ever noticed. The beaches and water were very clean, plenty of towels stocked, plenty of seating and hammocks to relax in. Some of the rooms also had private hot tubs on the deck facing the beach, a few in which we visited, all of which were cleaned and treated daily, good condition and proper working order.

Security: The beach is patrolled with several safety/security officers. None of which were a bother, they would greet you with a smile. I didn't see any of them up close to 'personal activity' but kept their distance. They were very professional and just let people do what they wanted for the most part. If there was some activity that kicked off, I noticed an officer excuse himself from that area and simply moved a little further away to provide privacy. The officers would routinely look in another direction and not take the scenes as a movie for them to watch. The staff was the same way, basically walk by and ignore the activity, no judging, no finger pointing, very very professional.
      We did have one interaction, while we met some new friends, one of them required an 'assisted' walk back to her room due to a little intoxication, as she was staying in the room next to us, we offered to walk her back, not due to a security concern but more of a trip and fall consideration. We were approached by security and was kindly asked what was "going on here" we explained and all was well, they did keep an eye to ensure there wasn't something else taking place but allowed us to go on our own and kept a good distance. 

Guests:
      The best part of the trip were the people there. We have never met such a great group of people in our entire life. The people were non judging, open, very easy to talk to, happy to converse with anyone. The demographics of the group was better than expected. If you're worried about a certain age group or nationality, let it be known that it is a very diverse group of people. We've met people of all age groups, even a few in their 70's, all sizes, shapes, colors, classes, singles, couples. There is simply something or someone for everyone, no matter your level of participation in the lifestyle, you will not be disappointed. The people were very respectful.

I highly recommend this resort to anyone, even if you're not currently practicing in the lifestyle, it is an experience that you will not forget.
      If anyone has any questions, I will do my best to answer.

• By Playman64
      Danish journalist has sex during interview for segment on swingers club.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/danish-journalist-has-sex-during-interview-swingers-club
    • By Fitlakecouple
      Check it out. https://www.cbsnews.com/video/cbsn-originals-presents-speaking-frankly-non-monogamy/

States that: 4-5% of those living in the United States are currently participating in some form of consensual non-manogomy.
    • By PeterJ
      This definitely doesn’t fall under “best practices” for organizing lifestyle events:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/27/nyregion/nycha-bronx-staff-sex-parties.html

“The litany of problems facing public housing residents in New York City — mold, lead paint, faulty boilers and leaky roofs — just got longer: claims of staff sex parties.

The entire 40-person staff of a housing development in the Bronx was reassigned over the weekend after residents complained that some workers had been drinking and having sex on the job.

Male and female supervisors at Throggs Neck Houses engaged in erotic activities with their subordinates for months — both inside and outside the buildings, said Monique Johnson, the president of the development’s resident association.”
    • By Fundamental Law
      While this is news, it is not particularly positive news. 

Re:  Jerry Falwell, Jr and his family, for example here:

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-falwell-relationship/

Here are the first two paragraphs of the report:

WASHINGTON – In a claim likely to intensify the controversy surrounding one of the most influential figures in the American Christian conservative movement, a business partner of Jerry Falwell Jr has come forward to say he had a years-long sexual relationship involving Falwell’s wife and the evangelical leader.

Giancarlo Granda says he was 20 when he met Jerry and Becki Falwell while working as a pool attendant at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel in March 2012. Starting that month and continuing into 2018, Granda told Reuters that the relationship involved him having sex with Becki Falwell while Jerry Falwell looked on.

Ignoring the political aspects of the timing of all of this, there are some takeaways.

1. Political leanings are irrelevant to biological drives, sexual fantasies, and the behaviors that follow. 

2. The problems arise from the evident hypocrisies: preaching 'family values' (however defined) while practicing something beyond a standard of marital monogamous heterosexuality. 

3. Institutions and groups that perpetuate such hypocrisies typically respond the same way, namely by denouncement and expulsion of the person(s) who have been "found out" and restatement of the institutional/group value. 

4. There is a business dispute including accusations of extortion folded into all of this. 

It is absurd to imagine that leaders are somehow immune from fantasies and the intentions to act on those fantasies. What would be more helpful are commonsense boundaries between public and private lives as well as reasonable display of integrity. Even then, humans find ways to accommodate 'sinful behaviors' while embracing integrity:

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?

Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]
      Croupier: Your winnings, sir.

Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.

[aloud]
      Captain Renault: Everybody out at once! 

Neither the evangelical community nor Mr. Falwell's employers should be "shocked, shocked" to find that (even) their annppointed spokesperson enjoyed variety in sexual expression, apparently with the knowledge and consent and participation of his wife of 34 years. Adopting the usual denouncement-and-expulsion-upon-being-found-out strategy ("Do as we say, not what he did!--He was weak and you must be strong!")  merely reinforces the idealized pretense of purity. The reality is that tensions between sexual suppression and sexual expression are as old as civilization. While individuals and institutions can impose rules on themselves and set expectations for others, a bit of realism would be welcome: the aforementioned tensions cannot be "wished away".  At the same time, business dealings with playmates might be predicted to end badly, as appears to have happened in this case. 

The Reuters article concludes:

In a statement released Friday, before news of the relationship with Granda became public, Liberty University said its “decision whether or not to retain Falwell as president has not yet been made.” Its board of trustees, the statement read, “requested prayer and patience as they seek the Lord’s will and also seek additional information for assessment.”