1. 1. What Marriage are you on?

• Never been married/ Single
    • Never married but living together/ LTR
    • 1st Marriage
    • 2nd Marriage
    • 3rd Marriage or beyond
    • Married once and currently divorced
    • Married twice and currently divorced
    • Married 3 or more times and currently divorced.
    • Widowed, never divorced.

Not to brag but: Mrs. Cpl was 16 and Mr. Cpl was 21 when we started dating. two years later (with a one yr old son) we were married. My preacher father, and her social worker mother made the statistics very clear that we would not make it. 17 years later we are stronger than any other couple that we know. Would we do things differently? Nope. The long hard road that we have traveled has made us and our relationship strong. No matter what we do (or who it is with) we always know where we will sleep and who it is with. (Love that woman more than life itself.)

Surprising!

With over 1100 votes, the first marriages have it by 54%. We must admit to being surprised by the results of this poll.

Huh. One of us voted for this and then didn't comment. Weird.

First marriage for both of us - she'd had some LTRs that never led to marriage, I had some gfs that never developed very far at all. We lived in sin for about three years prior to marriage, then waited another four to have children, and then waited another five to sin some more.

That's the 3-4-5 plan for those of you keeping track at home. ;)

W

Oops... that must have been me.

First and only marriage. Married 22 years. Both pretty inexperienced due to religious upbringing. Although she sinned more than I did. :rolleyes:

Although we didn't get married until we were 24, we were best friends when we were 7-8. Then my family moved away from the area. About 16 years later I heard she moved close to where I was living. I looked her up and we hit it off again.

We've contemplated swinging now for a few years, but haven't had the courage to take the leap yet.

Huh. One of us voted for this and then didn't comment. Weird.

First marriage for both of us - she'd had some LTRs that never led to marriage, I had some gfs that never developed very far at all. We lived in sin for about three years prior to marriage, then waited another four to have children, and then waited another five to sin some more.

That's the 3-4-5 plan for those of you keeping track at home. ;)

W

Married once (both of us) working on our 11th year married and 17th together.

First and only marriage for both of us (he'll have to die to get rid of me!). We've been married for 11 years, together for 14.

=)

I am a widower and this is my wife's first marriage. While I have always fantasized about the lifestyle, she made it happen. The comfort level between us and ability to talk, honestly, about anything is fabulous. I could never have done this with my first marriage.

I didn't read all of the responses, so maybe being married once for 44 years isn't the record on this thread, but it must be close. Like us, most of our swinging partners have been married only once.

Those who are married twice, the first happened when they were much too young and the ended it after a very short time. The second marriage worked like a charm.

I only remember one who was married more than twice, and they were not very nice to each other. We didn't wonder why they could not keep a spouse.

After 25 years of marriage, with a couple of kids in late high school, we started swinging. We quickly found that mainly those who were married once for a long time were the most stable and enjoyable. It's no surprise to us.

1st timers too.

Married at 17 & 19. We've known each other 18 years and been married 17 as of next month. :D

It could be luck but I think it's just the fact that we've always been honest, open, and each others friend. We never bought into the you do your thing and I'll do mine style of marriage. We do everything together and enjoy every second of it.

I still wake up and think "wow, he's the greatest person I've ever know". Which is not to say that there aren't days when we're sure the other one is crazy and the anti-christ. ;)

MS B

Married once for 12 years, but divorced. I loved her a great deal, but she still wanted a divorce. Sometimes you can fight like hell to keep something together, but it makes no difference. It only takes one person to end it. I'm not even sure what she's doing nowadays, but I know she's happier with who she's with now, and I'm okay with that. :)

We've been married 26 years and we're still counting. Neither of us were ever divorced. Mrs. says she married " Till Death do us Part" and she doesn't want to have to kill me so I behave myself!:lol:

First marriage for both of us.

We've been married over 34 years.

I wouldn't marry any guy unless I lived with him first, which I did for about a year.

LM

Guest warrencouple

First marriage for both of us...

To top it off, we're coming up on our 11th anniversary, and we're also each others first sexual partners...

Luckily, we both are able and willing to communicate with each other, and are willing to share our fantasies (and accept that that's what they could stay)

Mr.

Second marriage for both of us. Lin was married to her ex for 15 years, and I was married to my ex for 7 years. March 4th of 2009 will be Lin and my 21st anniversary. And they said it wouldn't last....

First for both of us, It will be 27 years on April 9. We met in High School and dated on and off for a few years before tying the knot. As with all marriages we have had our share of pitfalls but we always managed to overcome them. Our love for each other has never diminished over all those years. We both truly believe that we are soul mates that were meant to be together.

Second Marriage for me. First for Mrs. CXXC. It really sucks to find the right person 10 years late.

Speed and I have been happily "unmarried" for over 7 years now, living together almost 6...people keep asking us "When are you gonna get married?" :angry:

But if we get married, then they'll just switch to "When are y'all gonna have kids?" :eek:

Guest Slinkysdew

This is our 2nd marriage for the both of us.

We were both too young the first time out.

We have currently been married to each other for 11 years and counting!

This is marriage number three for both of us… My parents have both been married four times, and his parents remarried four times to one another!

It is the first and only marriage for both of us. I am one of the few that never dated anyone else but my husband. We are celebrating our 30th anniversary this month on the 22nd. We have been swinging for 13 years with couples and had few threesomes before that with one man.

This is the 2nd time around for both of us, although not going through the formal process of marriage again. We're very happy, committed and have found the Lifestyle extremely satisfying for us.

On 12/21/2003 at 12:40 AM, JustAskJulie said:

We discussed this idea here before (I think) that of how it seems so many couples who swing are in their second (or more) marriage.

I was having a conversation with a (divorced) friend of mine tonight and he made the comment that once you've been divorced it is much easier to see what makes a relationship work (whether it be yours or someone else's) and what is bad for a relationship.

So that got me back to the idea that often swinging couples are not on their first relationship so I thought I'd pose this thought/question to you and see what you think about it.

First off (see the poll above) is this your first, second, third marriage? Assuming you are even married, of course. And if you are not on your first marriage, do you think that having been married previously helped you to see why swinging may be a good thing in this relationship? Do you think going through a bad relationship helped improve your communication skills to the point where you could even discuss such ideas?

This is our first marriage, 10thBadger and badgers wife, and I know he would never leave me unless I cheated on him. And I know I will never cheat, if you ever leave me for another reason, as my culture says in Russian, I would eat his brain lol

It is our first and hopefully only marriage. We celebrated 38 years in October. He was my first and only everything when we had our first date in May,1980. We started having threesomes with a male work friend of mine. Then moved to couples. It has been 21 years since we started in December of 2000.

• Like 1