JustAskJulie

Racial Diversity in the Lifestyle

What are your thoughts/ experiences? (select all that apply)  

818 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts/ experiences? (select all that apply)

• The clubs I have been to have been racially diverse (no more than 40% being one particular race)
    • The clubs I have been to have been mostly white
    • The clubs I have been to have been mostly black
    • The clubs I have been to have been mostly hispanic (or another race)
    • We swing only with our own race
    • We are willing to swing with any race
    • We will swing with some other races but not all
    • I/we consider myself/ourselves racially prejudiced
    • I/we do not consider myself/ourselves racially prejudiced
    • I think there should be more racially diversity in swinging

To clarify ours votes:

All of the clubs we've been to were mostly white. The only black attendees we ever saw were single guys and one male/female couple. For whatever reason this seems to be the default in the lifestyle at least in our experience.

We are willing to swing with any race. Out of our two interracial encounters, the first was with the aforementioned Haitian couple we meet at the club and played with them several times afterward and one of our most memorable experiences. The second being recently when we bent our rules regarding single guys at a club when we were the only couple.

Thus, We do not consider ourselves racially prejudiced even though by human nature everyone has certain preconceived notions even if they won't admit it.

We think there should be more racial diversity in swinging. Since the Lifestyle is all about being open sexually, should that not also make it welcoming of all who want to explore it. Interestingly based upon the profiles on places like SLS and people signing up for events as well as an increasing population change in our area there does appear to be more sea change in the LS now then in the last decade when we started.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Rae and Lynn
      Hi everyone! My wife who is African-American is brand new to swinging, that is, we went to a club last Friday night just to scout it out....she has never been exposed to the lifestyle before then...now she is very curious about the lifestyle....I am a white male who has been to clubs before....she would like to hear of experiences -- good or bad -- as well as any experiences with interracial couples such as us....we found no other black females and one black male last Friday....she would prefer white male (s).....any info would be helpful for her....thanks........
    • By arabmejo
      We are an Arabian married couple from Yemen. Beautiful wife F/31, Height 5ft 4in (163 cm) slim body; good looking Man M/35, 5ft 5in (165 cm) average body (cut dick).

We are very interested in Swinging. We had few secretly swingers experience with the Arabs and it was lovely and exciting, we had (only once we have threesome MMF with very special friend, only four times full swap with our neighbors and some couples of friends) swapping was our favorite and we liked it too much.

*The Problem: it very hard to find any Swingers partners. Because it is illegal in Arab countries and it is unacceptable in our community. And, most of the swinging activity happens at the private personal homes which are often hard to find.

*Now we already planned have our first Swinging with non-Arabs from outside our country, each of us thought it exciting for us.

We want to know some questions:

1- For non-Arabs How much Swinging with Arabian couples/ladies excites you? Do you think Arabian lady delicious,sexy?

2- If you have chance to have Swinging with Arabian couples, What acts would you prefer to do with them?

3-What we would do for you? what your fantasies?

4- What's your experience with Arab? Or how would you sexual feeling if it happened to you or your partner?

5-Can you advise us something

(plz post in the comments)
    • By Fours Company
      We have an ad on SLS and while the profile itself generates once-a-blue-moon contacts, we find the event functions useful, though the forum can't hold a candle to the one here. Anyway, we've noticed a general scorn (some bordering on elitist) for unpaid members and/or those without Certs in the forums there equating them with not "real" people or fakes and noticed some choose to block their entire profile existence from them. We signed up free to test the waters there and will likely stay that way. Call us cheap but we do have other financial obligations and based upon the low response and high number of game players (all paid members by the way) so far we can't see how having that paid member badge will increase one and decrease the other especially when those people who might contact us who otherwise would not when we were free would likely not be worth our time for that same reason.

Just curious if there are any other free members here who noticed the same thing or if you are a paid member choose not to contact or deal with free members.
    • By nwtoths
      Hello, I am an Indian Single male living in US, who is very interested in Swinging and Nudism. For the past 1 year I have been following swingersboard forums and its been very insightful and helpful. Its great to see there are lot of swingers and their opinions on various issues. Now lets come to my question/concern, I have tried reaching few people through different swingers site but almost everybody says there are not into singles especially Asians/Indians . I would like to know will there be any chance for me to enjoy the feeling of being a swinger? I dont have a girl friend now and my previous gf was not interested in swinging . I find myself in a dead-end and sometimes think, may be swinging is not for me or I am not as lucky as others here. Any suggestions will be helpful.

I would like to make it clear, I am not looking at swingers as a way of getting free sex, I have lot of respect for that community and would love to be a part of that society. Can anybody in this forum help me how to find information on how to visit an on-site/off-site swing club just to feel the atmosphere, as I cant go alone? . If I could some personal intro with some of you members I will be very happy.
    • By rhodeyguy07
      I'd just like to toss this out there for thought...

Noticed time and time again there are significant issues with single guys and how they are viewed by many couples.

They are often treated rudely, bashed and otherwise counted out.

Now thats not to say that single guys haven't earned that kind of treatment, because honestly a great deal of them don't understand the lifestyle, haven't been in it and think that being single is a great way to get into it, or they are just plain rude jerks. Hence, you see zillions of couples profiles various places like yahoo 360 or whatever that say no single guys, as do most of the moderated swingers groups.

However, I saw a nice, well worded post from a single guy, who was hoping to meet a single woman that was already into the lifestyle. This was on some local swinger board that I quit after I read the responses... anyways, he was polite, and was just hoping to stir some interest with some of the single women that are part of that group.

One couple posts "what an ass". That about sums up the typical responses from many couples.

I find that response to be close minded, rude and uncalled for. The guy was polite, not inappropriate and a gentleman about it. I thought swingers were all about being OPEN MINDED, but not always so when it comes to the single guy.

Furthermore, all of the couples out there that swing, have you always been a couple? Nope! At one point, you were both single. You may not have swung then, but you were also single. So what happens if tomorrow you split up with your significant other and now all of a sudden your the dreaded SINGLE GUY?

So I just wanted to hear other peoples thoughts on this.

Also about me. I have been to a couple swingers parties and one of them I went with someone i had just met that night. We didn't click really, but the party was fun, i was a perfect gentleman and the next day, during breakfast I was told by the owners that I could come back *ANY* time i wanted to as a single guy. All it takes is being a gentleman, not forcing yourself on anyone and just be relaxed and have fun.

Oh and yea I'm single now, but I am in no big rush to go to a swingers party as a single guy, in fact, I probably wouldn't WANT to go as a single guy, cause the whole idea is actually the fun of you AND your partner experiencing more fun together but with more people involved.

Thanks in advance for your opinions...