Weezie

Invited to swing at someone's home?

how do you feel about entertaining at home?  

590 members have voted

1. 1. how do you feel about entertaining at home?

• Do it all the time
    • Never (kids at home? or give other reason)
    • Only when kids are not home for the evening
    • Yes, and guest stay until the next AM
    • Yes, but they have to leave after play

Hi.Mr.Telly2 here.

We have to say never.Not to be nasty,and not just because of the kids.My father-in-law(her dad) Owns the house and lives with us.Could you see trying to explain that to an old italian man? :eek:

Otherwise,we would.

If it was not for the children, i would love to have a party at my home. facelick .Maybe when they are out of the house, I'll start having parties at the house. just depends if i'm still in the life-style.

We just can't entertain at our house. Laurie's mother just went through a nasty divorce and is living with while she recovers financially. I think she has a pretty good idea what we do but shes a traditional religious woman and she pretends she doesn't.

In return for that courtesy we don't rub her nose in it. The things we do for domestic harmony!

Since we don't have any kids it seems like we are always inviting couples over to our house. We hardly ever get invited to the other couples house. Does this happen to others very often?

We are always very hospitable and make our guest feel so comfortable that it's not uncommon for them to spend the entire night. . . .

We love to entertain at home, enjoy having guests overnight and seem to have encountered a set of friends who also like to entertain at their homes. Maybe it's the age category we're in -- the childrent have grown and left home.

Michael

We love to have folks over.....we have a comfy house with a nice heated pool. The only thing we lack is bedspace (although we make up for it with some quality air mattresses! LOL) ;)

Guest MrsVan

MrVan and I love to entertain at our home. We do have children but those weekends when our children are with our ex's is when we play and those are the times we invite them over. We tell our oldest ones that if they need anything for the weekend that they will need to do it Friday night and then call if they need to "pop in" to pick something up.

For couples where we have become really good friends with, we will have them come over to play and then stay the night if they wish. We are never in a hurry to get rid of our friends and you never know, everyone may be up for another play session the next day. facelick

We have had cookouts during the summer where we invited lifestyle and vanilla friends as our children were around but we never did anything during those cookouts it was just friends getting together and many times they had children and all our children would play together while the adults hung out.

MrsVan

Well, on the one hand we have in-laws living in an in-law/duplex setup, so while they're not exactly living with us...in reality, they're living with us. Really cool people, but they're waaaay too close for comfortable playtime with anyone other than ourselves. Our house is 150 years old, so the walls aren't exactly soundproof either, and with back-to back bathrooms...well, you do the math :) Luckily, at least the bedrooms are on opposite sides of the house...

Then on the other hand, we have two varieties of daughter living with us...the sophomore in college type and the just-turned-10-last-Friday type, both with friends who come and go (and sometimes stay) without much notice. The foot traffic in here can get pretty heavy pretty quickly. So needless to say, we never host and voted that way in the poll.

Small Town :eek: . Too many eyes and hears watching and listening to every move :(

We would love to have couples over and look forward to the day that we can. We much prefer playing in someone's home. Hotels are so... [fill in your own word] It is not the expense.

However, we have kids, an in-law and a nanny in our home. So, for the moment, not possible.

We will have guests for the evening or the night when the kids are away at friends houses or Grandparents, but getting all 3 out the same night does take some planning. The few times that we have had the unicorn over the kids have been here and thats ok because she loves our kids and we have only our master suite and the guest bedroom upstairs on the second floor the kids rooms are in the lower level and first floor, so when the play is done she goes to the guest room to sleep and comes back and joins us when she wakes up. We did have the 16yo asking questions one day when he noticed J's jewlery sitting on my night stand the next morning but that was easily waved off as J and Mommy were in here talking while you and I watched that movie last night. Also I installed one of those motion sensor alarms on the stairs so we know when the kids are comming up.

K

We don't have kids so it's pretty easy for us to entertain at our house and we don't mind doing so if we are comfortable with the people. We have a spare bedroom so if folks need to spend the night that is an option as well.

One of the two kids are always home and my parents live a few hundred feet away. I'd sure hate for my dad to wander over, come onto the back porch and knock on the 8' by 4' sliding GLASS door...he's not judgemental but I'm afraid that would be more than even he could take.

A side note...my parents have never come over without calling first in the 14.5 years we've lived next to them...but the risk is too high.