bunny2

No single males? Why not??

Wow! That one is tough. My wife and I have always had a kind of "no preexisting friends" thing. Plus, I have a ton of hard-up, perpetually single, friends who I'm sure would love to line up. Luckily she's not into any of them so it was never an issue :)

It seems like it has to get weird. You handled that really well though! I'm trying to put myself in your shoes and imagine my reaction. LOL. I think it would have been more along the lines of "are you KIDDING me?!"

Im sure it was more jealousy than selfishness though. I have no scientific data, but I suspect that the percentage of guys who are confident enough and secure enough in themselves and their relationship to handle this is VERY low.

Her: "Well... he says that he couldn't stand to see me with another guy, so he was wondering if it could be a threesome... you know... Amelia and us."

Wow that takes some guts to ask :lol:

Its sort of telling that he didn't ask you but she did too. I think you are right in that the wife is really interested in the whole concept and her husband isn't. So he puts it on his wife to ask, and only if its another woman involved.

Its one of those misconceptions out there in the vanilla world which confuses swingers with open marriages. The fact that some swingers are into that sort of thing and its pretty typical in a 'dear penthouse letters' type of story only reinforces the stereotype.