I design and make custom furniture. So . . . cabinet maker and/or artist?

I am also a professional actor. Don't worry. You haven't seen me in anything.

EDIT: Unless you have, and then we may need to talk.

HELLO! I'm a CHEF
Excellent! The neighbor across the street tells me that he knew from about the time he was twelve years of age that he wanted to be a chef. It's a blessing, I believe, to have a passion and to be able to pursue it. Did you know early in your life?

~Michael

The Mr has almost 20 years law enforcement behind him. I had about 10 years. We got tired of all the crap and political bullshit and got out of it. Now we own our own business. We drive a semi across this beautiful country and deliver the food that you put on your tables! :)

Also, it is funny when people meet us because they can't see me driving a semi. Being only 5'2" and about 130 with long blonde hair, I am definitely NOT what most people picture when they think of a "truck driver". I get some of the funniest looks when I get out of the drivers seat at a truck stop to get fuel. Not bad looks, but appreciative looks. I think a lot of the other drivers appreciate a woman that can do this job and still manage to look good. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I am all that by any means! In this industry though, chances are, the majority of women drivers are overweight and manly looking. Not all, but the majority.

I'm an RN by night.. and a swinger on my nights off. :)

Dave works in the mountains by day and sometimes doesn't come home for 5.

We're one of those weird couples. :)

I am Retired and the missus works as cashier for pharmacy, since she works I get to play mr. mom for the kids since I was gone so much when they were younger.....and ILOVE IT........

I know that we have not conducted a scientific survey but since we started in the LS around 2003, we have found a disproportionate number of medical people, teachers, law enforcement and a lot of active and retired military people. I've never been able to quite figure out why except perhaps that in their professional lives, they are required to follow quite a few rigid rules and procedures and so they "cut loose" in their personal time. That certainly applies to us since we're in law enforcement and education.

On a side note, we have of course run across the random missing teeth denizen of a trailer park or two but by and large, most of the couples we've met in the LS are educated, middle to upper middle class professionals. Does that mean that swinging is enlightened and educated behavior? I wonder, has anyone else noticed?

I'm a retired manufacturers' representative, as was Mrs. Alura before her death. Our long-term playmates include a college professor and his corporate executive wife, an R.N.—M.D. and her welder husband, a civil servant and his military officer wife. The others were one-time experiences. Frankly, I can't remember what they did... if I ever knew. :)

Alura

The beautiful one is a School teacher (Special Ed) she has a wonderful Heart

I was a Marine, then a Cop (16 yrs) now an Airline Pilot

I'm an IT Consultant and she is an Interior Designer.

I can't say we've met many folks in the medical field, but we have met a ton of fellow computer nerds :)

After the Navy it was law school, then to law enforcement (DA's office/Parole) semi-retired and now helping a Catholic priest run an alternatives to incarceration program.

My Mrs. recently retired from her job taking care of Alzheimer's patients.

This is spurred by the thread talking about the seemingly large number of teachers that are swingers.

My guess there's a lot of swingers in education in general ... where higher education is concerned, I have my philosophy, and I think a lot of it is political, which we don't get into here, so I won't. :nono:

Sales. Self employees...

Mr. I am self employed in the IT/Marketing field. Weird combination, I know.

Mrs. - She prefers not to say as she worries it might come back to hurt her professionally, so I will let her post if she so desires.

I have noticed that a large percentage of swingers we meet are entrepreneurs/self employed, perhaps it is the risk taking side of us. There also seems to be a large percentage of nurses as well.

He: retired university prof, engineering consultant, and expert witness.

She: mostly mom and housekeeper with a great dose of husband-happiness-maker

He - Commercial aircraft mechanic

Her - V.P. for marketing for a food chain

Mr.-broadcasting

Me-OR nurse

Oh I can see why there's a lot of medical people swinging, you should hear some of the conversations in the OR. Don't worry, we're taking good care of our patients!

Im an Electrician for the highways agency.

She works at a beauty salon qualified in all sorts of treatments, make up, hair styling etc.

This is spurred by the thread talking about the seemingly large number of teachers that are swingers.

My guess there's a lot of swingers in education in general ... where higher education is concerned

Funnily enough one of us is a teacher, the other is in higher education