Guest winnme

Why don't swingers have their own symbol?

I do have to agree. When I'm out in vanilla society, it's because I'm running errands, or Amelia and is out for some fun, or out with friends (Lifestyle or vanilla), or a million other reasons. But in any case, we're not looking to meet new playmates.

And even if we were... how would you handle that when you bumped into another swinger who's out and about like you? Exchange business cards and a knowing glance?

That's no problem - don't want to be identified, don't wear the logo/symbol. Nobody is suggesting that swingers be branded or anything. I think the original point is a valid one - that it would be nice if there was a symbol or something that swingers could wear or display if they chose to that would let other swingers know that they were also a lifestyle couple. When, where, how, and why you wore or displayed that symbol would be up to you.

Wear a swingersboard shirt. Make it the new symbol. A new grass roots movement. Yeah!!!

Now it's official. We have a symbol.

Wear a swingersboard shirt. Make it the new symbol. A new grass roots movement. Yeah!!!

Now it's official. We have a symbol.

now that that's settled.....

Ok, without looking up at the top of the page, what is the swinger's board logo?

NO, DON'T LOOK!

Gotcha...! :)

Seriously though, and I don't mean anything by this at all - I'm just curious. How many of us (other than Julie that is) would recognize the Swinger's Board logo without the words "Swingers Board" beneath the graphic? I'm still pretty new, despite my sign up date, so I might not recognize it upon first glance. I'm not suggesting anything - just curious as to how many of us really pay attention to our surroundings, or things we see a lot.

Just thinking we should have a necklace or a ring we can wear in public so other swingers would know if they saw you out somewhere,and maybe would like to talk or maybe ask you out for a date or something ....................LOL.

SYMBOL :)~

I have seen a "couple symbol" over lap another couple symbol that a friend of mine made some time ago. It look very good.

:male:

For some reason, I was thinging about this last night. If there was a symbol, there would be two rules for me:

1) it would have to be discreet

2) it would have to have a level of plausible deniability

Also, it would be easy to put into any form: tatoo, pendant, t-shirt, whatever.

I was thinking a simple image of a couple on a swing (no, not THAT kind of swing!). It's open enough that you could have whatever artisic license you'd want, but recognizable in any form you'd see it in. If your parents or kids ever learn the symbol, you can deny yours represents swinging - you just like the shirt, tatoo, pendant, whatever.

I think the "bite out of the apple" symbol is the way to go. It is the most universally accepted. That is if you think that you really need to symbolize yourself to the population at large. Last year we were with 200+ swinging couples on a week long cruise with 3400 vanilla people and we wore white wristbands to identify ourselves to all the swingers in the group who we had not already met at the pre-boarding hotel party. After a few days I think half the other people on the ship knew what the wristband meant and I actually became a little uncomfortable wearing it. But of course it served its purpose and a good time was had by all. Come to think of it we only got to know people who wore white wristbands. Too busy to talk to the other passengers.

Why would anyone have to signal with symbolism at a swinging function among a group of swingers anyway? Conversation is cheap and effective.

• Like 1

I think the "bite out of the apple" symbol is the way to go. It is the most universally accepted.

Does that still work? Do people confuse it with the Apple Mac? If not, I'm all for it. Especially since I'm a tech and I can easily tell non-swingers that it IS Mac related.

Do people confuse it with the Apple Mac? If not, I'm all for it. Especially since I'm a tech and I can easily tell non-swingers that it IS Mac related.

1. Yes they do. At least I do.... I see Mac logos all the time and think "is that a Lifestyles apple or a Mac apple?" - I can't tell the difference.

2. The bite out of the apple image is trademarked by the Lifestyles Org...

A younger woman we know was wearing a shirt with an apple missing a bite that under the apple said "Bite Me!" I wondered... Hmmmmm

It was mentioned before, and I still think the concern is a valid one. Assume everyone agrees on a logo or symbol that announces to the world that you're a swinger. My concern is that some vanilla people (especially younger people) will think, "Oh that looks cool," and start wearing it. Then we're right back where we are today, and the whole subject is an exercise in futility. If you doubt me, just look at the kids wearing t-shirts with Che Guevara's picture on it - you know as well as I do that the overwhelming majority of the kids wearing them have never even heard of Che Guevara, let alone know who he really was. It looks cool, so why not...?

It was mentioned before, and I still think the concern is a valid one. Assume everyone agrees on a logo or symbol that announces to the world that you're a swinger. My concern is that some vanilla people (especially younger people) will think, "Oh that looks cool," and start wearing it. Then we're right back where we are today, and the whole subject is an exercise in futility.

I have to disagree. I lived in San Francisco for many years where the gay community managed a wide range of signals that worked VERY well. I think they prove that it can be done.

And I disagree on the Che Guevara example as well. While they don't know who he is, the DO know that he represents revolution. His popularity started within the anarchist movement - it didn't become popular in a vacuum. At the very least, the first few that started wearing it had some idea of who he was. The rest started wearing it because the saw like-minded people wearing it.

Would there be some false positives? Maybe. But, what's the worst that could happen, you ask someone if they want to have sex with you? :blush:

I have to disagree. I lived in San Francisco for many years where the gay community managed a wide range of signals that worked VERY well. I think they prove that it can be done.

I'll not argue that point, except to say that the signals worked well within that community. I mean as long as they stayed on familiar ground and others knew what those signals meant, then yes they worked. I grew up in the SF bay area, and I know some of the signals you're referring to.

And I disagree on the Che Guevara example as well. While they don't know who he is, the DO know that he represents revolution. His popularity started within the anarchist movement - it didn't become popular in a vacuum. At the very least, the first few that started wearing it had some idea of who he was. The rest started wearing it because the saw like-minded people wearing it.

This is just anecdotal, but the few kids I've asked about the Che Guevara t-shirt had no clue who he was, what he did, or what he stood for. One kid told me it was a stylized drawing of the Zig-Zag man! The other kids told me that the shirt just looked cool. I don't live that far down the road from you, so I don't think you'll find much of a different result. Yeah, I'll agree that some started wearing it because they thought he represented revolution. But I think you'll be hard pressed to find many kids who know anything about that anymore. It's just another trend - it looks cool to them.

Would there be some false positives? Maybe. But, what's the worst that could happen, you ask someone if they want to have sex with you? :blush:

Ok, you have me there. But my point remains that if the symbol caught on, became popular, and vanilla folks started wearing it, the symbol loses its meaning. If so many people are wearing it that you can't be sure a person is really in the lifestyle or not, what's the point in having it in the first place?

This is just anecdotal, but the few kids I've asked about the Che Guevara t-shirt had no clue who he was, what he did, or what he stood for...

My point is just that there was some meaning behind the shirt that launched it into popularity. I don't think that would be a problem with us. I think we'd be flattering ourselves to say that some as yet undesigned graphic is going to be so hot that kids everywhere are going to want to start wearing it. If trends were that easy to start I'd be rich by now.

My concern is that some vanilla people (especially younger people) will think, "Oh that looks cool," and start wearing it. Then we're right back where we are today, and the whole subject is an exercise in futility.

Yeah, till the first time they get confronted by a swinger or couple and then they'd have a choice ... stop wearing it or ...

Personally, I think if it's the right symbol (not an apple) it could work. The BDSM community has several that work quite well and I've never seen them on anyone that wasn't true to the lifestyle.

Tonys Sociables (a swing club) used to use interlocking female/male symbles in a square with males in opposite corners and females in opposite corners. I can scan a pic.

Tonys Sociables (a swing club) used to use interlocking female/male symbles in a square with males in opposite corners and females in opposite corners. I can scan a pic.

That sounds interesting.

Maybe we should use male and female symbols in an Olympic ring pattern ::P: to represent our group atheletic abilities. :lol:

I saw a website that offered bracelets and anklets with the male and female symbols attached to it as charms in whatever combination you want. I can't find it now, of course, but if I do, I'll pass it along.

I'm thinking about having a t-shirt made with 'Living the Lifestyle' written on it. I'll use common sense when asked what it means depending on who is asking. There are many 'Lifestyles'. RVing, camping, golfing etc could all be used as a response if asked by someone vanilla looking.

Mr. Omg

I think using something like: :male::female::male::female: is pretty much the same as wearing a shirt that says, "I'm a Swinger!" on it, in my opinion. I think the idea is to have something only people in the lifestyle would know.

Guest winnme
I have been campaigning for this a long time. But, we just can't get folks to agree on something. My only issue with the NASCA apple is that it is copyrighted, and you have to pay $50 for a membership to get a pendant, and nothing else is offered. I have a link to a company that does the chameleon, and they have lots of products available, but again, we can't get folks to agree. Maybe we should start a campaign and send it to the swing sites, (AFF, SLS, SDC, etc.) to advertise it. That seems to be the only way we will have a mostly universal symbol.
Now we like that idea asking the sites is something to do and maybe we could come up with something we all like and make it work for all swinger

Another thing we haven't thought about is ego. Everyone thinks their idea is the best. I was teasing a girl at work last week about the color of her jelly bracelet - I told her that the color meant she was bi, and looking for other bi ladies. She freaked out and took it off right there in front of me.

It's an anecdotal example, but one that illustrates where this can go. If we adopt the apple, how many will think we're all Macintosh users and get mistaken for nerds who think it's all about iMovie?

Let's think about this for a minute - it can't be something so common that it can be mistaken for anything other than what it is. By the same token, it can't be something that the mainstream of society can latch hold of and diminish the meaning of. It also can't be something so 'out there' that the common person won't feel comfortable wearing on a daily basis.

It has to be short, sweet, and to the point. Our new SB t-shirt seems to fit the bill quite nicely....

Another thing we haven't thought about is ego. Everyone thinks their idea is the best.

I just think the right idea hasn't been suggested yet. We need more input, and more ideas. While I like my idea, I can see that no one else loved it. I'm ready to move on.

So, more ideas!

I like this concept, as it's something that can be identified by those in the know, while offering a bit of WTF is that deniability to those who are not.

Disclaimer: This is a 5 minute photoshop job by a guy who uses photoshop for photography, not graphic design... :lol:

2+2.jpg

I like this concept, as it's something that can be identified by those in the know, while offering a bit of WTF is that deniability to those who are not.

Sorry, no offense intended, but this is the same idea that has been thrown out there over and over, just a different configuration. Can we get away from the sex signs and come up with something fresh and original?

Besides, many of these multiple sex symbol designs are already on CafePress.com or a dozen other websites.

Well at least with the chameleon if someone ask what it is outside the lifestyle you could get away with saying support wild life or something similar.

To people who dont know it just looks like a nice piece of jewelry :cool:

Whew! Such a simple question has generated an amazing amount of energy and interest.

Pardon me for thinking of this like a computer program, but this is how I break things down. Virtually every puzzle is best solved by breaking it down to the smallest factor. Once all of the pieces have been taken apart, analyzed, dissected and put back together, the solution often becomes clearer or immediate.

What are the pieces of the puzzle? Well the initial post asks, "why don't we have a symbol for SWINGER?"

The multiple threads in reply have touched on nearly every reason "Why To" and to some extent, "Why Not" to have one. This is a simple list of pros and cons.

The basic reason to NOT have a symbol is fear of being outed by vanilla society when the symbol is discovered. Secondary reasons range from, fashion, copy write, being rendered useless once duplicated by the vanilla population in ignorance and difficulty to understand.

I can only see one REAL reason "Why To". Those wanting this symbol would use it for the identification of like minded individuals.

The Cons do outweigh the Pros in this endeavor. However, this is not enough to discount the need or desire to establish a set standard in symbolism for the Lifestyle. The cons will only serve to enforce discretion by the bearer.

The next issue in this puzzle would logically be the design itself. Such a design must be so mundane, extremely common and even virtually invisible to all but those in the life style. It must blend in with nearly every social situation. It must be accepted as simply another piece of jewelry. It cannot be flashy, too colorful or extraordinary. It must be worn like any other adornment and not different than other average jewelry.

The Chameleon is nice but too colorful and will draw question when noticed as more and more people begin to wear it. The Apple is the best idea offered to date, however, copy write infringement issues and fear of being labeled a computer geek run high. There is also an issue with placement of the apple. How does one pull this design off and still remain fashionable? The male and female sex symbols are too easy to target and point out. I suggest completely avoiding this.

So what can be the best symbol?

The symbol CAN NOT represent our desires or what are we looking for in the Lifestyle or the levels of interest in certain activities. Are we Bi? Are we Full or Soft Swap? Do we play alone or only together? The list of differences is to numerous to list on one simple charm.

The symbol should be a way of communicating to others in the lifestyle that we are looking for them. Once the identification has been made, the individuals can move toward recognition or denial, based upon the present situation.

What simple, non-ornate symbol, icon, THING could represent this group in such a way that the vanilla world would over look it as a normal piece of jewelry? What symbol could be worn by both men and women that will not look out of place or inappropriate?

Each of us has our own ideas and favorites in mind. This is an ego issue. What needs to be established is that the community as a whole must agree to the same thing. It must be the most appealing yet least recognizable. It should state its purpose while not being noticed by others as what it truly represents. The majority must agree upon one standard without variation. It has to be as vanilla in its appearance as the world around it.

What common items are worn by both men and women? We all have rings. Most have necklaces. A good number of us wear bracelets. A vast majority of us wear earrings. Of these listed items the most common would be rings. The most common ring worn by us all would be a wedding band. Wedding bands are, by and large, fairly simple in design and size. Most are a basic gold band.

Colored rings of any kind should be strongly discouraged as they are too garish and look cheap upon the wearer in most fashion views.

The pinky rings, although simple and easy to replace, remove or brandish are not practical as most men and women do not wear pinky rings.

Rings on the thumb are also not as common.

Rings on the pointer finger are cumbersome and not very common still.

The ring finger of either hand is generally taken by the wearer for marriage and accessory. This finger is taken.

This leaves the middle finger. This finger is the longest and often most noticeable next to the thumb.

My vote would be for the middle finger. A small band upon this finger would be a great method of announcing to the world who and what you are. If confronted by the Vanilla world, you have the world of fashion to defend your denial. Better still, a silver or gold entwined three ring system would make the possibility of discovery even easier.

This symbol placed upon either the left or right hand will be greeted by fellow Lifestylers with a knowing smile and acknowledgement upon initial view. Perhaps a method of questioning from the greeting or the bearer should be set in place to avoid issues when a vanilla would be wearing this symbol. May I suggest, "My wife and I love your ring! We have them too!" If the individual is vanilla, the conversation will pass quickly and no one needs to be outed inadvertently. If they are in the lifestyle, they will engage in conversation and open a dialogue.

These rings are quite inexpensive and can be found at most silver Kiosks in Malls. These rings average from $15.00 to $25.00 depending upon size. In my travels to Mexico, I find them ranging from $3.00 to $12.00, depending upon size. Gold is not as common. I have actually only seen a handful of jewelry stores that carry this design in gold. Having them made in gold will run approximately $450.00 per ring based upon the size and thickness of the ring.

This is just my take on the matter. Perhaps this will help.

I like this idea, but it is flawed, as is every other idea, including mine.

For any symbol, be it a piece of jewelery, a bumper sticker, a tattoo, or all of the above to work at helping us identify each other it must be one of two things: either universally known (or nearly so) within the swinging community, or fairly obvious.

Your ring idea is good, and would allow plausible deniability, but until the idea really, really catches on it won't help. I'm not going to go out tomorrow wearing a ring on my middle finger, because I figure even if I do run into a fellow swinger they won't recognize it for what I intend it to be. Likewise, were I to see someone wearing one, I'd figure it was random, and the chances of that person being a lifestyler is only slightly elevated over that of any random person, as even with the popularity of this board by tomorrow morning your post will have been read by, at most, a couple of thousand people mixed into a population of 300 Million. That's true of a chameleon pin, colored bracelets, or any other completely innocuous symbol that's been proposed or discussed.

The theme of using some combination of 2 male and 2 female symbols is something that's going to cause any swinger to at least wonder if they see someone wearing it, even today without any significant momentum behind it as an "official" swinger symbol. But therein lies it's flaw, as it could very easily cause vanillas to have a moment of pause as well, and while that doesn't bother me in the least, it's clear that it bothers a significant enough subset of swingers that they'd never wear it, thus rendering it pointless.

So we can have something that one must be "in the know" to recognize, or something that's somewhat obvious.

We can't have the first until someone champions something and gets sufficient momentum that it starts to feed upon itself. Clubs will have to be willing to publicize it, as would websites such as SLS, it would need to have a presence at resorts such as Hedonism and Desire, because there's nowhere you can go to buy a "database of known swingers" in order to market directly. The problem is many of the places that would need to be asked to publicize it likely would not do so without compensation, but until the idea has enough momentum there's no money to be made selling the symbol, thus investing in advertising is unwise.

We can't have the second until we as a group decide to care about discretion a little less, or until our little hobby is less socially ostracized. Or both. Personally, I think sometimes we worry a little too much about what the outside world thinks, but I've never been one to care about what others think, nor would I begrudge anyone the right to make that decision for themselves.

Finally, even if we did have a completely innocuous symbol, we run the risk of it becoming known by the general population. I haven't seen one in awhile, but I think we all remember the rainbow bumper sticker and know that it's a symbol for homosexuality. At first, perhaps, non-homosexuals didn't know that, and it was just a random sticker that some people had on their cars, so it wasn't given a second thought. But there came a time that it was common knowledge, so a gay person who wished to remain "in the closet" could not risk using it.

I could see the teaser now. "Have you noticed your neighbor wearing a ring on their middle finger? Find out what it might say about them at 11..."

So what's the answer? There isn't one really. Someone, Nasca, a big swing club or resort somewhere, heck even us folks here on SB has to get serious about publicizing something everywhere swingers, and only swingers go, or we have to have a radical movement within our own ranks. "We're here, we swing, get used to it!" OK, that's not as poignant as the original, but you get my point.

As I sat here reviewing my previous post, it occured to me that those of us who participate here could actually make this happen. How?

By picking something, anything, going out of our way to wear it, and when in swinging situations, telling everyone who will listen. This weekend folks who have read this post will be in hundreds if not thousands of clubs throughout the country, indeed the world. Sometime soon, some of us will take a trip to Hedo. We could do it. If we decided to try, and gave it the right effort. And I don't mean wearing a ring on the middle finger and waiting for someone to ask what it meant, I mean being proactive about telling everyone you speak to.

Thoughts?

knb2004 said:
As I sat here reviewing my previous post, it occurred to me that those of us who participate here could actually make this happen. How?

By picking something, anything, going out of our way to wear it, and when in swinging situations, telling everyone who will listen. This weekend folks who have read this post will be in hundreds if not thousands of clubs throughout the country, indeed the world. Sometime soon, some of us will take a trip to Hedo. We could do it. If we decided to try, and gave it the right effort. And I don't mean wearing a ring on the middle finger and waiting for someone to ask what it meant, I mean being proactive about telling everyone you speak to.

Thoughts?

I think that was the point of some earlier posts in this thread. The problem after that is still twofold.

1. Finding something that enough people will agree on.

2. Once we find something, keeping it closed enough that it doesn't become common knowledge or something that people wear just because they think it's cool (thus diluting the meaning).

This is something that I have thought about a lot, but have never been able to come up with anything that I think people would take to. But in my thoughts this would be a good thing not only to be recognized by other lifestylers, it would be fun to wear in public and know that no one really has a clue...unless they have one too. I also think it's inevitable that vanilla people will eventually start to learn what it is. This is not necessarily a bad thing because as more swingers use the symbol, people slowly start to learn the meaning and realize how many people seem to be swingers. You'd be surprised how many people still believe that swinging only happens at ritzy clubs in Hollywood. And maybe eventually being a swinger will become more acceptable, or at least not such a big deal. i hope this makes sense. I'm having a difficult time putting my theory into words lol.

I am not turning in the NASCA apple I bought several years ago!!!:lol: It was custom made and approved by NASCA (thanks Pee Wee). A beautiful gold piece. If we could get them to approve that someone can make and distribute again....

I'm not promoting NASCA. But it already has a symbol. It has a meaning. It's easily explained away as MacIntosh or a teacher's apple. It has history already. It can be worn in a variety of ways. Such as a necklace, pendant, pin or maybe even a ring as examples. It doesn't exude sex as the the male/female symbols would. Why reinvent the wheel?

scan0001.jpg

I'm not promoting NASCA. But it already has a symbol. It has a meaning. It's easily explained away as MacIntosh or a teacher's apple. It has history already. It can be worn in a variety of ways. Such as a necklace, pendant, pin or maybe even a ring as examples. It doesn't exude sex as the the male/female symbols would. Why reinvent the wheel?

The only issue here is that it is copy write protected. In order to utilize this symbol all those in the lifestyle must obtain it from one source. As there are many in this community who would not want to pay one group to use their logo, I am certain there are an equal number who would not like to wear an apple.

I would like to submit the following as it would fit both male and females when worn and would not draw too much attention or question.

SILVER TRIPLE BAND SLIDE RING

I Like Susan's design, its abstract enough to look innocent unless you knew about it and could be worn in public without having to explain it ( Too much).

Why reinvent the wheel?

I don't know that we're trying to reinvent the wheel, rather we're concerned with the copyrighted nature of that symbol. If it were an easy to get, reasonably inexpensive item, I would use it. But as a copyrighted item, it might not be easy to get or inexpensive. As it stands right now, you seem to be suggesting that we'd have to contact NASCA for permission all over again. If there's a long-term deal made where a few variations of this are available, great. If not, people aren't going to go to the hassle of contacting NASCA and then finding a custom jeweler.

But, see what you can do. I'm open to it.

I don't know that we're trying to reinvent the wheel, rather we're concerned with the copyrighted nature of that symbol. If it were an easy to get, reasonably inexpensive item, I would use it. But as a copyrighted item, it might not be easy to get or inexpensive. As it stands right now, you seem to be suggesting that we'd have to contact NASCA for permission all over again. If there's a long-term deal made where a few variations of this are available, great. If not, people aren't going to go to the hassle of contacting NASCA and then finding a custom jeweler.

But, see what you can do. I'm open to it.

Okay, I've contacted a representative of NASCA to get more information.

And the reply is....

The NASCA apple is available from NASCA in brass & enamel for $5.00 the one I have on my leather sport coat is 20 years old and still looks like new. In the past NASCA has been open to licensing the logo to jewelers, unfortunately the one I had making them for me has passed away.

It's a start. And the price appears to be right.

And the reply is....

Do you have a link for purchasing this?

And the reply is....

I found some stuff on their site, but without pictures. Plus, it appears you have to provide your membership number when ordering anything that is official NASCA jewelry, whether it is from them or an "affiliate jeweler." That would appear to add $75 to the price of any piece, and IMO kill the idea.

If I'm wrong, please let me know. If I can get something for $10-20 I'll buy it.

Okay folks lets get serious here......

NASCA has an apple with a bite out of it. It can be mistaken for the Apple computers apple with a bite out of it. People are afraid that they will be mistaken for a computer nerd if they wear it. The cost of licensing can be prohibitive, blah blah blah. Being the eternal voice of dissension can occasionally pay off.

Why not have a pear with a bite out of it? Get it? Pear - Pair (or even pare as in "to peel" as we often do with our clothing. How can we explain this one away? "Oh, I hate Macintosh, so I am protesting it." "Pears are my favorite fruit." "Me and my spouse make the perfect pair, get it?"

Because the apple was part of the original sin not the pear:D

The apple can be easily explained away as a Mac or teacher's apple or whatever or just like apples. So you can be a little discreet.

Whatever you like or want to wear is up to you. I prefer the necklace kind of thing because I can wear it outside the shirt or tuck it away as needed. Some want rings or maybe bracelets or lapel pins. I think it should be flexible for however someone may want to wear it.

Maybe we should use my necklace of a naked lady sitting in a tree swing? Why leave any doubt:lol:

There's pros and cons with this and we'll probably never come to a final decision. Oh well....:sad: Our loss.

I was reading through this, and had a few thoughts.

#1 - What about a symbol that only has meaning when both partners are together? Instead of each person wearing something that identifies them as a swinger, it would be something both parties wear/say/do that identifies them as a swinging couple. Isn't that what we're mostly after anyway? Not sure what it would be though.

#2 - Most symbols emerge organically, rather than being designed. It's hard to convince people to use a certain symbol or symbol set; is there anything already happening that could be promoted?

#3 - I do like the idea of the rings, especially interlocking ones around the middle finger. I had high hopes for some kind of jelly bracelet, but (thankfully) that trend is dying. But what about an action, gesture, catch phrase...these things are symbols too. The point is to communicate to others who may be observant that we are in the same club. Perhaps a hand signal? But it would be better if it were something passive, so we don't go waving at other couples hoping they "get it." What about a certain affect with clothing? Something unbuttoned, untucked, knotted, crossed, just a little bit off but not more than a shrug from passersby?

Guest jef

It is high time that we developed a symbol or a sign language for swingers community. This would communicate without offending anyone and make life easier for us. I know a lot has been said about it but nothiing concrete has been done so far. I once again implore you all to make an all out effort in this direction. would appreciate suggestions

I can't be bothered to look but there's how many threads on this topic already? No matter what symbol we adopted, it would A)not stay a secret for long, so if you wore it you'd be outing yourself or B) it would be co-opted as cool by the vanilla world and thus be useless as an identifier of a true swinger

I have an image of an apple with a bite taken out of it on my computer. How does that differ from the Nasca symbol?