MIbbwcpl

Who knows that you swing?

For active swingers: Who knows about it outside the community?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. For active swingers: Who knows about it outside the community?

• nobody
    • a few close friends
    • most friends
    • nearly everybody we know
    • we are no active swingers yet
    • Some Family

In our part of the world (South East Asia) - discretion is utmost important . . . we would be isolated if family, friends or people close to us would know if we are swingers! . . so its best that we swing out of town or in the city.

We are extra careful on meeting new couples . . . always hoping that we don't bump into someone that's playing pranks. . . it is ok if they're actual swingers though - cause it would mean they know the lifestyle! but finding out a prankster . . could be disastrous

Our married daughter and teenage son knows. Her sister knows. Vanilla friends don't know.

We were found and hit on by one of J's co-workers on AFF! That co-worker shared it with another and now, the original guy wants to play, a woman (and her gf) want to break me in, and one of the supervisors- at the site J is transferring to, said he wanted it before he realized that I'm J's wife...And now they have seen just about everything I've got...

I avoid the office parties!!!!

I don't really have family, but I think his parents wonder, and I know at least two of his siblings know...

We were always very discreet. All our experiences were kept entirely secret and with various levels of caution, like we would meet in out of the way hotels and get there separately so nobody would see us with the other person(s) etc. Or we would go to swing clubs on our trips. Until one day (w) became interested in trying it at home, with a friend. I was not really convinced it was a good idea but what the heck.

Sh*t hit the fan!

Most of our friends found out. Half don't want to know anything (they'd just as soon forget it), and the other half, we lost including the guy involved. When you live in an ultraconservative catholic town it's not a good thing being open minded.

Relatives don't know and that would be for the best. Now we only swing when we go on trips. Going to Amsterdam in May yay! :)

We have two single guys that are friends of ours that know about us. One of them was a former client that ended up becoming a great friend. He found out by googling my handle (which I stupidly use for everything) :lol: and then the other one found out because when we met him and his former wife, we thought for sure they where in the lifestyle. Both have taken it in stride and really don't say much about it. They pick our brains at times about what it takes to be a "good" single guy and they have a lot of fun around us when we are out at clubs watching MrsVan flirt with the guys as much as the ladies. :)

Other than that, none of our family or any other vanilla friends know though we do suspect a couple of them are suspicious.

Just our playmates know ... I don't think my vanilla friends have a clue, but I don't think they'd be surprised, just "warn" me of the dangers of treading in that area.

No family knows, but I know one of my sisters would be cool with it. I wouldn't be surprised if she's participated in group sex. I don't know if she and her boyfriend are active "swingers" per se, but I can see them having fun in the right circumstances :)

We have a whole herd of kinks besides swinging (notably, D/s), and we've always been relatively open about it. A policy we've had as long as we've been together is, "Exactly the right question will get exactly the right answer," but most people (by far) don't know or understand enough so as to ask exactly the right question.

Certain pieces of my family have gained clues, out of malice. I have one brother who has used what he knows about us against us in a legal sense. We don't have any relationship to speak of with him any more.

We still won't work too hard at hiding -- we live the way we want to live and if others can't cope, eh, tough for them.

I have one friend that I ride with to my weekend job that knows. My wife has told two of her girlfriends but one is in the lifestyle and the other is actually who we started swinging with last year (our first time).

No family members at all, in fact we have to be somewhat careful about our Friends list on MySpace.

P.S. Nice topic.

afaik nobody from our vanilla friend, though I wonder what my parents are thinking. We never went out for an evening, now we constantly ask them to babysit... and not only for the night but also for the next day (the club we go to is about 200 miles so we stay at a hotel there)...

just wish we could tell some, it would be nice to talk to some... I would even want to try to convice my niece (she's such a cutie, hottie and very nice person, and definitely would be in for it, but her husband is more conservative than the pope)

It's can be difficult just sticking to the club or ad lifestyle when you have close friends that you would both like to be with. For us, that resulted in a casual mention of our lifestyle. We did it in a way where we hoped they would not think we were comming on to them in case the answer was a no. It was but it did seem to sour the friendship anyway.

In another case a close friend was widowed early and a couple years later we mentioned a party where a single woman like her would be accepted. She asked many questions before going to a party and is now living with a new partner that she met through the network.

We have a hot tub in our basement with several photographs of the nudist resorts we have visited on the walls. So all of our family and friends know we are nudists. A few of our friends have asked us if we were swingers as well as nudists. The look that passed between us the first time we were asked that question provided the answer! So after that we have answered the question truthfully although we do not go out of our way to advertise the fact that we swing.

None of our family or vanilla friends know that we are swingers, we think. We are mostly concerned that our kids might find out. One of Mr. cvcple's work associates is though. We found out at a local swingers party.

We are one of those couples who have been "outed" in the classic meaning. We are in our 50's. We have ads on AFF and SLS. We used to have photos posted in our ads, until one day our 30-ish year old Daughter presented us with a print out of our Ad, while she did not demand an explanation there was an explosion. There has never been much of a relationship since.

We had one of those Christie Brinkley divorces: She played, She strayed, I paid

My two oldest friends know. I just came out and told them one day. While they were shocked and had questions, eventually they said it didn't surprise them LOL

A close friend at work knows. It came out at lunch one day while discussing our respective boyfriends. She's insanely jealous of other women whereas I am not. We were talking about how Manimal has a lot of female friends and flirts with them. She asked me if this bothered me and I said nope not at all and that his flirting actually is a turn on. She then laughed and said "Are you guys like swingers or something" LOL I looked her dead in the face and said "Yep." The look on her face was priceless. She's very firmly entrenched in the moral issues while I continually explain to her that morals are subjective. Example: Her morals tell her it's okay for her to repeatedly cheat on her boyfriend, mine don't. This is something we go round and round about. Me getting on her about her cheating on her BF and her not understanding why I get on her when I swing. *shrugs* Even through all of this, we still remain friends.

My younger sister knows, again not surprised. She and her husband have even visited our club since.

My mother recently found out that we'd gone to colette's. Manimal had lost his cell phone at the club and she knew about him losing it. When she asked where, I'd said "at a club". Later I'd pulled up their website to get their phone number and forgot to close the browser, she saw it. That conversation did not go over well and eventually I had to lie about my level of participation in the lifestyle, saying that our visit to the club was a one time deal.

Hi Again

In the many years we have been swinging,we have been caught many times.By Family and friends. The pool man, meter readers, (they are now regulars.)

We keep it to oursrlves although we're sure our son suspects something given our increase in late night social engagments.

NO ONE and I would soooo like to keep it that way lol. Hope that is possible. But it doesn't fit my PTA/Soccer mom profile, my kids would want to leave me and move in with Grandma. And my mother would try to drown me with holy oil. SO um NO ONE absolutely NO ONE! The BFF just isn't worthy of getting this kind of info out of me lol.

We haven't told anyone at all. Neither of us are embarrassed at all, but we just feel it isn't anyone's business and we like the idea of the shared secret. We have a couple close friends that may find out but it will only be if we both decide to let them in on that part of our lives.

Outside of the people we swing with, his sister knows we swing. She figured it out by herself and asked me about it, point blank. I was honest with her and she added she would love to go to a hotel party with us, but she would feel to weird in front of her brother.

We keep this part of our lives to ourselves. It's less complicated that way.