oncewere

Dr. Phil and swingers - Feb. 14 show

intuition897 said:
OMG.. here I go again browsing the stupid Phil/Oprah boards. Here's a gem!:

SWINGERS ARE INSANE!!

saintholy 02.14.05 - 2:32pm (1.2.5)

Swinging is a perversion, due to a hormonal imbalance. You need to seek treatment. Masturbation is an option, for your hormonal chemical imbalance. Anti-depressants help, very well. Get help, before you have children. You don't want them to get screwed up.

I call BS on this, I am going on nearly 20 year of masturbating, and it hasn't seemed to help at all :lol:

OMG...I went and read some of the posts from Phil's website...I have to say first I didnt watch his show since he is such a quack ! Some of the responses on the site were so comical that I was bustin up out loud!! These people have no clue yet they choose to talk crap about us...Now I bet if he had people like most of us on there...there would be a different tune from some of these poster. This is the main reason that people dont understand this lifestyle and think we are all nutty. All they get is the worse examples of the "lifestyle". No wonder we are looked down upon so often...at least till some understand and really think about what we are doing. So I guess till then...We are all cheaters, crazy people who need drugs (lmao!)have low self esteem, in bad marrages......But boy am I haveing the time of my life!!! lol

intuition897 said:
OMG.. here I go again browsing the stupid Phil/Oprah boards. Here's a gem!:

SWINGERS ARE INSANE!!

saintholy 02.14.05 - 2:32pm (1.2.5)

Swinging is a perversion, due to a hormonal imbalance. You need to seek treatment. Masturbation is an option, for your hormonal chemical imbalance. Anti-depressants help, very well. Get help, before you have children. You don't want them to get screwed up.

uuutt ohhhh...We already had our kids!!! Guess they are gonna be screwed up..lol :lol::lol::lol::lol:

And if you invite a priest into your home? Now that's a lot safer for your kids, especially your little boys!

Comparing a priest here is silly. I actually agree 100 percent with Dr. Phil on the aspect of having the child upstairs. Maybe some of you do that, that's your thing but we won't even think about hosting like that. Call us paranoid or self centered, we really don't care ;) Our kids aren't negotiable on safety.

Comparing a priest here is silly. I actually agree 100 percent with Dr. Phil on the aspect of having the child upstairs. Maybe some of you do that, that's your thing but we won't even think about hosting like that. Call us paranoid or self centered, we really don't care ;) Our kids aren't negotiable on safety.

I agree insofar that if a child is old enough to get out of bed on their own, there should be no swinging activity going on while they're in the house. Infants, maybe. I never really thought about the safety issue; if anyone is good enough to get past our 'radar', into our house, and into our pants, they'd be slick enough to pass a polygraph! To us, being a swinger doesn't increase the odds of a person or couple being psychotic. You don't have to swing to be nuts...obviously after having read some of the posts on Phil's message board.

The thing I haven't seen expressed in these postings is the fact that the couple's marriage is based upon the feelings they have for for each other, the love they share and that they are happy and secure in their marriage. Isn't that the number one prerequisite to engage in the lifestyle? Isn't the marriage the most important thing? Who among us would give up such a marriage in exchange for a good lay? Aren't they doing what swingers do, in the security of their marriage, enjoying sex with other people to meet their desires, openly and together and afterwards going home with the spouse they love? The fact that she does not feel sexually attracted to her husband is unfortunate, but at least she realizes that it is not sex that makes a good marriage. It is the man. I dont think it is or was her belief that swinging would make her become sexually attracted to her husband. He never voiced any hurt that she wasn't sexually attracted to him. He seemed to be happy to watch "some guy climb on top of her". Isn't that one of the joys of most husbands who swing, watching their wife in heat moaning in pleasure as she is being fucked by another man? They swing as a couple so I must conclude his needs are being satisfied as well as hers. And they go home together, a loving, secure married couple.

The problem with the show is some ass hole like Phil trying to give them advice about something he knows nothing about. He is not a swinger. Other people are. As in religions, yours is not better than mine, so dont judge me using yours as the criteria of what is right and wrong.

All in all, the show was meaningless. Like a politician, he turned a question about swinging into an answer about a little girl to get votes.

cracker60479 said:

The thing I haven't seen expressed in these postings is the fact that the couple's marriage is based upon the feelings they have for for each other, the love they share and that they are happy and secure in their marriage. Isn't that the number one prerequisite to engage in the lifestyle? Isn't the marriage the most important thing? Who among us would give up such a marriage in exchange for a good lay? Aren't they doing what swingers do, in the security of their marriage, enjoying sex with other people to meet their desires, openly and together and afterwards going home with the spouse they love? The fact that she does not feel sexually attracted to her husband is unfortunate, but at least she realizes that it is not sex that makes a good marriage. It is the man. I dont think it is or was her belief that swinging would make her become sexually attracted to her husband. He never voiced any hurt that she wasn't sexually attracted to him. He seemed to be happy to watch "some guy climb on top of her". Isn't that one of the joys of most husbands who swing, watching their wife in heat moaning in pleasure as she is being fucked by another man? They swing as a couple so I must conclude his needs are being satisfied as well as hers. And they go home together, a loving, secure married couple.

But they don't have a happy healthy marriage, that's the whole reason why they appeared on the show to begin with. They admit to using swinging for a band-aid to fix a problem instead of fixing the original problem to begin with. The husband even said he just wanted a normal marriage and didn't want to swing. They felt swinging had actually hurt their marriage. They were there because their marriage was in trouble, they weren't there to defend swinging.

Now had Dr. Phil been saying those same things to people who didn't have those kinds of issues I would have had a problem with that.

Well, I missed the whole thing, I thought it was today. :mad:

Sounds like it's just as well I missed it. I would have been screaming at the TV screen and the dog would have thought I had went crazy. But, yeah as long as mostly shows like this and CSI dipict swinging as something it isn't, then the conception will not change in the public eye.

It’s our opinion that swinging is an “amplifier”. Meaning if you have a strong marriage, it amplifies it, but if there is any “chinks in the armor” it will amplify those as well.

They were going outside the marriage to find a “fix” to HER problems. He was “taking one for the team” and he was getting tired of it.

Just our thoughts. :)

It’s our opinion that swinging is an “amplifier”. Meaning if you have a strong marriage, it amplifies it, but if there is any “chinks in the armor” it will amplify those as well.

They were going outside the marriage to find a “fix” to HER problems. He was “taking one for the team” and he was getting tired of it.

Just our thoughts. :)

Sound Wisdom, well spoken. :claps:

Specifically watched the segment on Swinging.. It wasn't that bad. It was obvious that the couple featured on the show was perhaps in it for the wrong reasons.. Dr. Phils biggest problem was that they said they bring strangers into their home with their daughter in the home??? And you have to agree with that.. He specifically told them that if they choose to continue swinging not to bring strangers into the house. It was really obvioius that the couple has some issues.

Sorry for my previous "silly" comparison Surrender regarding a priest but damn it Phil made me mad! :mad: My analogy of the priest was, how many times have we heard that there has been wrong doing to a child by a priest. Everyone assumes the priest is a puritanical, and trustworthy and not merely a man with a sexual appetite. So no one should assume that swingers are of deviant mind.

I also agree the childs safety must be the number one priority and would never swing if there was even the slightest chance that a child of any age might be in the home or come home unexpectedly.

Phil is judgmental and seems to think that meeting via the internet is nasty business. Maybe I should sell this machine and hang out at my local bar to meet a better class of swinger! How many times do you think I would be punched in the mouth for suggesting we swap partners for the evening? :nono:

Regarding the show this is not the first husband that the woman has talked into swinging. Obviously, SHE has a problem and swinging is not the answer. soapbox

IMO phil and priests NEED a good screwin'..... Fast. :hahaha:

I am SO glad I have no kids to worry about, not ready for all that yet!

I think Dr. Phil was bang on (with this couple specifically).

I watched this episode fully prepared to be pissed off but I couldn't fault his position. I can't imagine ever telling my husband that I didn't find him sexually attractive so would he mind if we go fuck other people. There's a good solid ego booster to prime him up. Good grief! And they're having problems??? I wonder why.

Also, I agree with the idea that you're playing with fire swinging with your little ones in the house. Not necessarily for the potential pedophile aspect (I think that's quite rare and you could unknowingly be in the same boat with a friend or family member, too) but for the child walking in on you aspect. Get a room or send the little one's to grandma's house.

I was surprised at the situation that was presented. The reasons they were swinging etc...the child upstairs. Dr Phil seemed to be going on and on about the safety aspect of it, which in part may be true, but I would be just as fearful if swinging in my home with a child there, that the child would wake up and walk in on it. Very possible with this particular couples situation.

I don't know that this couple was a good reprensentation of the average swinging couple.

Latest stat from Dr. Phil's own website on the question: "have you considered swinging with another couple?"

61 percent voted YES.

Our ranks are going to "swell" soon... :claps:

RNDNV said:
Latest stat from Dr. Phil's own website on the question: "have you considered swinging with another couple?"

61 percent voted YES.

as someone earlier pointed out, that was a poorly worded question. I mean, I have considered a lot of things. I considered killing my boss earlier today...doesn't mean I would ever do it.