I still have sex with a couple of my ex's..  every night I return to my husband.  You gotta trust your wife.  

• Like 2
  • Hot! 2

We are learning. When you look at a profile it lets the people know you looked. He has reached out to us with a message that was surprised we lived near and would like to get together. I liked that it was a nonsexual message, more an old friend finding someone on a social site. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Uh, I’m not worried about her having feelings for him, I don’t have feelings of love towards ex-girlfriends. I sometimes think about what happened to them, no romantic feelings. I am pretty sure our marriage is strong. It’s not that she was looking for him, he was just on a swinging site. I’m thinking he has more experience, we have the least experience of anyone on that site. 
The more I read the more I want to meet them. First Debbie has to answer his message. 

• Like 2

Don’t overthink just think. Friends, strangers, long term, brief, remember this is for fun. Honesty is the real basis of your relationship not worrying that you are going to fall in love with a new partner. If you have any doubts or worries that Debbie is going to rekindle old feelings you should quit now. Take her for dinner and make passionate love to her. There can be no love in swinging friends, just enjoyment physically. It’s nice to relate to people you swing with, enjoy it. Don’t let emotional baggage come in between what you already have. 
Let Debbie make the decision unless you just aren’t comfortable. Talk! If you meet them part of the meeting will be discussing people and places in another lifetime. It will be natural for them to remember, memories fade and both have moved on. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Jane1902 said:

I think it would be fun to meet up with them not so much with the goal of playing together but sharing lifestyle experiences. Even if it doesn’t lead to play I’d bet the two of you go home and have a wild time together.

Meeting them will be more fun for Deb, I and the other wife will be outsiders to stories about them. 
Our future in swinging is going to be directed by Debbie. She has to be comfortable with the choices and I will agree or not. My feeling she liked the idea of someone she knows just like the friends we were with. She will look at strangers on the computer and we talk and then she says she thinks it’s easier with known people. 

6 hours ago, BillyandDebbie said:

Meeting them will be more fun for Deb, I and the other wife will be outsiders to stories about them.

You’ll have fun too I bet. Don’t you ever think about your exes? If you saw one on SLS I’m thinking you would contact them. 

Personally, I would look elsewhere.  Not worth the potential problems.  I'd be curious to know if this man's wife would be interested...

• Like 2

If it were my decision, I'd go for it.  I am the type that would rather try something and regret it, than never try and always wonder, "what if?"

• Like 2

Deb has been answering all the messages we got after discussing with me. I think some were horrible matches with people I never would have sex with. I think first impressions in these situations are important. I thought some were interesting and possibly nice to meet. 
Sex with strangers sounds exciting, most of you say that is what swinging is. Stay away from friends, stay away from an ex, both have big downsides. Our first swinging was with friends and after not going forward, hesitating and finally joining in was good, not perfect. Thinking back if it was strangers we never would go forward. Memories change, mine says it was great, Debbie must agree if we joined a swingers group. 
Debbie wrote back to her college friend. She made it clear she has no romantic feelings, she has a curiosity of seeing him as an old friend. Our conversation went to having sex with our old friends was much easier for her because we know them. She thinks sex with him would be easier because she knows him.  I asked if it was my old girlfriend would she think the same way. I made her sleep on that thought. She couldn’t answer. We are still talking. I think I’m on board, she has to decide. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BillyandDebbie said:

Sex with strangers sounds exciting, most of you say that is what swinging is. Stay away from friends, stay away from an ex, both have big downsides. Our first swinging was with friends and after not going forward, hesitating and finally joining in was good, not perfect. Thinking back if it was strangers we never would go forward. 

I resist the phrase, "sex with strangers."  I prefer sex with new friends.

• Like 4

We had a FaceTime with them that went well, so well that he invited me to his golf club. We had a very nice day even if he trounced me. He is fun, non-threatening, a friend possibly. He remembered Debbie like most men would remember someone over twenty years later. Debbie is an old girlfriend and he emphasized he was pleasantly surprised to see her face on a swinger site. Who would have thought he kept saying. The day wasn’t full of sex talk, it was more about us and what brought us to where we live. He realized we are new to any sex play, they are not new. I was waiting for a swing date invite, his invite was way less sexual. Dinner at the club, driving to this pretty town we heard about, nothing threatening or worrisome. I’m much more comfortable after meeting him on a social basis. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BillyandDebbie said:

We had a FaceTime with them that went well, so well that he invited me to his golf club. We had a very nice day even if he trounced me. He is fun, non-threatening, a friend possibly. He remembered Debbie like most men would remember someone over twenty years later. Debbie is an old girlfriend and he emphasized he was pleasantly surprised to see her face on a swinger site. Who would have thought he kept saying. The day wasn’t full of sex talk, it was more about us and what brought us to where we live. He realized we are new to any sex play, they are not new. I was waiting for a swing date invite, his invite was way less sexual. Dinner at the club, driving to this pretty town we heard about, nothing threatening or worrisome. I’m much more comfortable after meeting him on a social basis. 

Sounds like he is being quite respectful to you, as he should be! Sounds like progress. Keep up us informed :) We're rooting for you.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, bbarnsworth said:

Sounds like he is being quite respectful to you, as he should be! Sounds like progress. Keep up us informed :) We're rooting for you.

Very respectful and the ladies were ladylike I heard. There is no reason for rushing into things. My feeling things will progress. 
Thank you for your support, so much of what we read says stay away from friends. I say that it is the only way. 

With the right friends it could be good.

The thing that spooks many is that by the time you find out if they are the right friends , you are pretty well committed.

Edited by lcmim

6 minutes ago, lcmim said:

With the right friends it could be good.

The thing that spooks many is that by the time you find out if they are the right friends , you are pretty well committed.

Friends first, they trusted us with their secret. For years we never acted out on that secret then we got to a point in our lives where we said what the heck. They have always been eager to show us the light, or what has been hidden from daylight. 
Now we are eager to see again. 

We have met many people, most are great friends to this day.  Some have stepped away from the LS but our friendship is still just as strong.  

we have had a few Vanilla friends that over the years discovered us….or we them….most times at a swing venue or event.

We have also been in attendance when friends and family members bumped into each other at a party or event.  Always a humorous outcome.

we were at the fetish flea when on of our friend couples walked right into their neighbor (of twenty plus years).  Needless to say their friendship took on a deeper connection.

we bumped into and played with the parents of my son’s high school girlfriend in an open room at a party.  Rolled over and there they were.  We had lots of fun for a few years, til they moved away.

we also have a few friends that are in the LS but we only have our “vanilla” friendship/relationship.

Life is an adventure…..go with the journey….

• Like 1

To be clear I was responding as to why folks say "no friends". I did not intend to point that specifically at your situation, which has some unique twists to it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, lcmim said:

To be clear I was responding as to why folks say "no friends". I did not intend to point that specifically at your situation, which has some unique twists to it.

Sorry. Just adding my take generally based on our situation specifically 😆 Having fun. 

Friends you swing with starts with Friends. We realized that we were emphasizing the sex in our friendship instead of the friendship. All the years we knew our friends we had a great time without sex with them.  Over the weekend we were reminded why we love the friendship we have and sex was not the reason.