njbm

Taking a break from swinging

We are taking a break from swinging. We are going out to dinner with a couple with whom we have previously played. If we were playing, we would be happy to play with them. Do we owe them any greater explanation than that we are taking a break? We don’t want them to think it’s about them. 

Is there an expectation for play or have you dined with them before. An explanation might be needed if they press. They should take your explanation without pressure for additional reasons. 

If it comes up I would just say"We are just taking a break." Friends won't push it.  

You don't owe anyone an explanation unless you want to give one.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, njbm said:

We are taking a break from swinging. We are going out to dinner with a couple with whom we have previously played. If we were playing, we would be happy to play with them. Do we owe them any greater explanation than that we are taking a break? We don’t want them to think it’s about them. 

Its totally you .. We had good friends we made in the lifestyle ghost us, and we had another couple explain they were having issues and asked us to understand, we certainly did, and stepped back.. months went by and the next contact was to ask if Mr Real would come for a 3some.. and we politely explained the same we do when the flip side occurs.. you want one you get both.. And then they broke up, he was screwing around outside the relationship

Courtesy sure, but there are times when it happens and if they are truly friends of yours they will respect it and step back...  

Edited by realcplub2
misspelling
  • Like 2

We had a very pleasant dinner out. No one discussed swinging. We did make tentative plans for pickleball.  I think that neither couple are hard core swingers. With the pandemic, we are happy for any human contact. 

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By njbm
      No surprise. We have been taking a break from swinging for awhile. We have swinging partners who we regarded as friends, but as time goes on, if we are not going to play, these couples are not interested in us as friends. They say they are, but we get radio silence. I guess it’s to be expected. 
    • By drziggy
      I have been asked by a large popular magazine to comment on the number of people that drop out of swinging and the reasons why.

Although I do I know a few couples that have quit swinging, I would like to ask if you either know people that are no longer swinging (and why), or if you you ever thought that you may drop out (and why).

I would appreciate any feedback or commentary.
    • By K&JIntimates
      This last weekend we experienced our first ‘soft swap’. We thought we were ready, turns out we were not. K has always had some reservations but we went ahead because (our reasoning was), there is no real way to be sure until you’re in that situation.

The couple we were with was great. They were very understanding when we told them that we would like to stop after the first round was finished. I’m trying to not get too emotional, I don’t want to digress too far off what I want to ask. The bottom line is that K (for a lot of reasons I understand and a few that I don’t) wants to stop swinging.

The question I have is how to go about dismantling our profile on SLS (where we met this couple and another couple we met yesterday but did not play with) without offending either one. I don’t just want to go **poof** and disappear and maybe leave these couples wondering if it was something they did. I’m thinking to just leave it as is for a few weeks but answer with an “We’re taking a pause at this time from meeting new couples due to other concerns” message to anyone new who might email in the meantime. After 2-3 weeks I’ll just unsubscribe from SLS and that will be that.

K and I have both enjoyed meeting new people who are open-minded and have similar interests from these sites. However, we both feel it’s dishonest to continue to meet other couples (even though we may like them and would pursue a friendship) knowing that we aren’t going to play. We know that there shouldn’t be the presumption of play upon meeting (or ever) but considering the context it still raises issues. We’re not going to stop talking with the LS couples that we already know; we just won’t be taking it off a social plain.

So the question is, does this sound like the appropriate approach or is there something additional that I should do?
    • By JustAskJulie
      I'm curious to know what the ratio is of active to non-active swingers on this site...... so take the poll.