njbm

Do you like music in the background while having sex?

For me, no.  I find it distracting. 

• Like 2

Music is way too distracting for me as well. Used to be a musician and I just end up listening to the different parts of the songs.

• Haha 1

We absolutely love having music in the background when we are having sex!  A mix of EDM, Electro Industrial and Funk is are thing.  Moving in time with the music is always a fun adventure with dance music for us.  It is also good exercise when a lot of the music we listen to is pumping around 124 BPM or more, lol.

• Like 2
  • Hot! 1

music, yes. We've had gatherings where we had loud, pumping music. Almost able to channel the beat while having sex. It was great, a total physical experience where the sex was only part.

• Like 2

Bolero was specifically written for straight-on sex with climax.

I can take it or leave it. The swingers clubs we used to go to always played music and the last one we frequented always played it much to loudly. Usually they played some kind of hip hop or anything they could find that was explicitly sexual unless my wife was making requests...  I've come to associated that music with sex and swinging. They would also invariably play the Cupid Shuffle at least once a night, so I came to associate that with a bunch of naked women line dancing (which made it very disconcerting when I  heard that one at a Chuck E Cheese).

Husband here and definitely yes. I need the normalcy of how we do it at home as well as with any couple we may be same room swapping with. I prefer separate room so I can focus on my partner and seeing/hearing my wife is usually very distracting to me. 

Edited by TwoFunTexans

11 hours ago, Numex said:

Bolero was specifically written for straight-on sex with climax.

I couldn’t agree more!!! Great choice.

22 hours ago, NWAtlSwing said:

We like Sirius Chill

downtempo electronic and deep house

• Like 1

I like the sound of no children crying, screaming, or banging on the door.  Fortunately, with five adults in our family we can usually arrange for at least one to babysit while the others go at it.  Sometimes Becky, the wife of us women's boyfriend will watch the kids and we can all get together to reacquaint ourselves.

With or without.  Depends at the time.  We do not stop to get music….nor do we bother with morning or bedtime sex.  But for sensual play at home just us….usually a selection of Pink Floyd.  Some Yes or ELO is also nice.  I have a selection of assorted for background mood music we occasionally use…..left over from our daytime parties.  For heartbeat music my go to is Garbage…..usually for a group sex setting….with a few selected heavy bass/drum beat with sultry guitar.  Blues, slow beat or sultry Jaz…..Boston Horns.  We enjoy music so we listen as background or mood setting for all sorts of occasions.  The music at clubs do not bother us unless it is so loud it is distracting or you can’t have a conversation.

Edited by Billygoat

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By CXXC
      My first question to you would be what song do you think represents SEX the best. I'll give you an example of a couple songs that have been discussed among friends:

Salt N Peppa - Sexy Noises
      Led Zepplin - Whole lotta love (I just dont get that one)
      Peter Gabriel - Shock the monkey

So, what song do you think just oozes sex?

Thanks for letting an old tired post drag on!
    • By lovefest04
      In another post, a member mentioned music as part of the experience.

Frankly, I'm still stuck in the 60' and 70's music wise.

Anyone have recommendations for old or new music that has a sexy tone or beat that gets them going? I'm looking for energy more than soft candlelight music if that makes sense.

S
    • By Chris&Amelia
      Okay, I'm thinking about putting together a CD of "Swinger Dance Music", something to get everybody in the mood. I saw this thread, but I'm looking for something more upbeat and energetic then "mood music"!

Something like anything by E-Rotic, Khia's My Neck, My Back (Like It), or La Rissa's I do both Jay and Jane.

Any other suggestions?
    • By notaswingeryet
      Ok I just found this album (A Burlesque Tribute to Christina Aguilera) and couldn't help but buy it. I have seen the other posts concerning music and sex, but I would like to see your list of stripping music. What kind of beat do you need to take it off?

ps; For couples, please post your gender up front. Some people might be confused as to why the male half is stripping to Lady Marmalade.
    • By Lionheart72
      After several months off, we decided we wanted to hit the local club scene again. We felt like we'd gotten into a rut at our regular club, so we decided to change things up and try the other local club.

Disaster.

Despite being advertised as a "cheap night" the cover price was huge. There was a very small crowd. The music was so loud that it was impossible to hear myself speak, much less listen to anyone's replies, making introducing ourselves to people impossible. The music was also horrible and it took the DJ over an hour to get to our requests (which were the only requests he had, so it's not like there was a huge line of other people's requests ahead of ours) and even when he did, he couldn't find half of them and kept switching back to the horrible stuff he was playing instead. So, we could barely dance. We couldn't talk to anyone and we certainly didn't hook up with anyone. To cap the night off, I ended up taking a wrong turn and, though a misunderstanding of this club's protocol, interrupting another couple in mid action... my bad and majorly embarrassing. They were pretty pissed about it, and in retrospect I don't blame them, but it was an honest mistake on my part. I felt horrible about it.

Needless to say, we called it an evening, left, and with my wife's complete agreement, tore up our membership card (only had a month left on it anyway).

What really sucks is, all of my lifestyle friends go to this club and post endlessly about what a great time they have and how fun it is. Yet somehow, they are never there when we manage to go and our three experiences at the place have been universally horrible.

I'm done with it.