adamgunn

Single guys say the darnedest things . . .

So, as a lifetime user on SLS I often review new profiles. I do it . . . just cause. Single guys tend to give me a good laugh every now and then. Like this:

"Let's get together and no each other."

True story . . .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Getting to no you, getting to no all about you.

I would hate to see this guy’s resume. 

• Like 2

I have friends on dating sites who say they can’t believe how stupid some guys are. You would think they would want to make an impression. 
I would definitely No him. 

• Like 1

Not disagreeing, Lovefest, but I just thought the header was too good to pass up. I will say the couples I read seem to make generic mistakes, while the single guys are more often remarkable.

We have had lifestyle couples open vanilla pictures with their parents, children, etc. Do you really want to post your family on a lifestyle site? I think that Facebook culture has broken down all sense of privacy and propriety. 

• Like 4

On 4/9/2021 at 8:12 AM, njbm said:

We have had lifestyle couples open vanilla pictures with their parents, children, etc. Do you really want to post your family on a lifestyle site? I think that Facebook culture has broken down all sense of privacy and propriety. 

Agreed. 

Certain things are a turn off; wedding pics on lifestyle site. Pets, family, kids toys, and above all filth in a house. Laundry strewn about, messy kitchen, etc.  see lots of pics in the bathroom. One of the recent was a sexy booty but looked like the bathroom hadn’t been cleaned since they moved in. Not a square inch ig counter space and looked like 6 months of toothpaste spit splash back on the mirror, gross! Immediately make me wonder about personal hygiene if that’s the kind of house they keep.

to go along with Facebook mentality and texting talk...hate, hate, hate when people write like the txt; U up? U look hot, Wanna fuck? Send me u pics.....

• Like 4

2 hours ago, shy_couple said:

Agreed. 

Certain things are a turn off; wedding pics on lifestyle site. Pets, family, kids toys, and above all filth in a house. Laundry strewn about, messy kitchen, etc.  see lots of pics in the bathroom. One of the recent was a sexy booty but looked like the bathroom hadn’t been cleaned since they moved in. Not a square inch ig counter space and looked like 6 months of toothpaste spit splash back on the mirror, gross! Immediately make me wonder about personal hygiene if that’s the kind of house they keep.

to go along with Facebook mentality and texting talk...hate, hate, hate when people write like the txt; U up? U look hot, Wanna fuck? Send me u pics.....

Don’t even get me started on the Instagram type filters/overlays on the photos......

• Like 2

On 4/7/2021 at 8:27 PM, PSULioness said:

I have friends on dating sites who say they can’t believe how stupid some guys are. You would think they would want to make an impression. 
I would definitely No him. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have no ide how true and how funny this is. You've given me just one more example of a point I've made to guys for years that's fallen on deaf ears.  They may have difficulty believing how stupid guys on dating sites are, but they have not in the least misjudged them, nor is anything likely to result in guys wising up.

When I was on a dating site years ago before meeting Harriet, I was extremely aware of the impression I would make by what I wrote, how well I expressed myself and how negatively affected I would be for a single misspelled word or grammatical error, so I was anal retentive about not only writing, rewriting and editing for flow, but writing something that was interesting enough to read, although it was more like a narrative than a list of "I am," I do," "I want," shit that most guys write (poorly).  I got loads of replies when I made contact with women for that reason alone. The really puzzling part of all of this is that no matter how many guys who complained about a lack of interested women and replies they experienced, not one was ever the least bit convinced that what they wrote made any difference at all.   I even bet I could get replies without a single photo and when I did, that still didn't convince them. Even with good photos, if the guy isn't stunningly hot, the photos only go so far and he ought to not be so clueless as to not make use of everything else he can to set himself apart from a zillion other generic profiles. I think guys believe that because they don't read profiles, that women don't either and my experience is that women do read profiles and that it matters.

Apparently, most people on dating sites think spending a few minutes throwing ut a few disconnected statements about themselves is enough to rake in waves of interested women and that proof reading, editing and rewriting are just too much effort. If there is one thing that any guy on a dating site needs to know (unless he's so drop dead gorgeous that it doesn't matter), it's that women DO note things like poor vocabulary, bad spelling and an inability to write a complete sentence and string several together to say something interesting or at least different enough to pique their curiosity. If someone can't put some time into setting himself apart, then passing on him for writing shit and not bothering to even check what he wrote is his own fault.  If someone pays no attention to detail when trying to get someone's attention, what's the likelyhood that person will be any less oblivious with his partners in the bedroom?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ozzie+Harriet said:

The really puzzling part of all of this is that no matter how many guys who complained about a lack of interested women and replies they experienced, not one was ever the least bit convinced that what they wrote made any difference at all.

You can lead a typical single guy to water, you can even kick him in the ass, and he still won't drink . . . The thing I have to keep reminding myself is it's their loss, not mine, so why should I worry when they don't take the hint?

• Like 1

A picture of a penis and a message that says Sup isn’t enough to get the women excited about meeting you? 

I knew when we got into the lifestyle that there were a lot of clueless guys out there, but I could never have imagined that there were so many of them. 

It makes me feel embarrassed being a man some days.

• Like 2

Here's another one: "Looking to have some desecrate fun with couples or 1 on 1." Really, folk, you can't make this stuff up.

30 minutes ago, adamgunn said:

Here's another one: "Looking to have some desecrate fun with couples or 1 on 1." Really, folk, you can't make this stuff up.

They may desecrate your spouse. 

• Haha 2

Not lifestyle related, but I saw an ad for an RV yesterday that said "Owned by a malicious owner". I guess they couldn't figure out how to spell 'meticulous' and went with the autocorrect.

• Haha 3

On 4/8/2021 at 11:52 AM, lovefest04 said:

Just to be fair, couples make bad profiles and typos as well.

I'm pretty sure that the single guys would overlook the grammatical errors 99 percent of the time.

After texting with a single male to have a bisexual threesome.  We agreed to meet for coffee the next morning.  All we had were pictures of his body and his dick. When we asked for a face picture, he replied: "it's as good looking as my body and dick." I didn't bother to tell him we wanted to be able to recognize him.

• Haha 2