Do you use your real name or an alias?  

669 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use your real name or an alias?

• Couple or single: We (I) always use our real name.
    • Couple or single: We (I) always use an Alias.
    • Couple or single: We (I) use an alias for the internet, but tell people our real ones when we meet.
    • Couple or single: We (I) use an alias sometimes, depending on the situation.
    • Couple: Wife uses an alias, but husband uses real name.
    • Couple: husband uses an alias, but wife uses real name.

When we're on-line we do use an alias, but if we talk with a couple, we do use our real names when we talk with them, and for us it's just nicknames we use, like her's is Lilly, his is Billy. His is just short for his middle name of William. Her's she got because she loves the flower the Lilly.

We use our real names. less confusing that way. :confused:

Seriously, I'd forget the alias' we use and I'd fucker the whole thing up.

We use nicknames on good sites, that we can trust. If we don't know about a site we use fake names. As you all know, there are a lot of very bad sex chat sites out there. ( come on most of us have at least checked them out. They are a joke ) If a site is good enough to join, it is good enough for at least your nickname. This site is a gem, in a field of stone.

Sara

We just use our initials for online interaction until we know the people a bit. If we are getting close to an actual meet we will let them know our real names.

• Like 1

We use real names, although they are pretty common so it probably isn't much of a risk. The only reason people may recognize me by my name is because it is spelled a bit differently than usual (Mandi instead of Mandy). I would probably be in the camp that would forget their alias and mess the whole thing up. :D

The danger lies in modern technology - people can google your name nowadays and get your address and telephone #. It is kinda pointless to say that you want discretion then tell every person you meet your real name. Everyone in this community isn't psychologically stable and XXX web sites are a weirdo's playground. So to minimize possible drama/issues/conflict, etc - it may not be the best thing to do to offer your birth name to thousands of people that you know absolutely nothing about. To me, on websites a face pic or your real name is one and the same: YOUR IDENTITIY. And if you are like me with a very unique name then there is no way to be mistaken for someone else or to claim that's not me. I give aliases and if I meet the people and like them THEN I tell them my real name.

There's a big difference in using your real name (first name). And giving people your full name. Rarely if ever does anyone we meet need our last name. As far as websites go, and unless I'm giving them money or they are giving it to me, they don't need my real name.

Wife's first name is common. Hubby's first name is very unique. So we use wife's real first name and hubby's real middle name. Never introduce our last name although a couple and a single guy we play with know everything about us without us telling them explicitly about them.

Except for our "handle", we use real names. Since I am self employed, in a field that background or personal interests have no effect, and frankly I don't care what anyone thinks about me, I enjoy "FLYING MY FREAK FLAG HIGH".. As Jon Lovitz used to say..."GET TO KNOW ME!!!!'..

For some random contact on SLS or wherever, we do the swinger couple first letter of first name combo. Isn't it a swinger rule that you trade in your real names and become C&K, J&B, etc. Ince you get your membership card? :). We do that for random internet contacts then move to our real first names once we think we have interest. If we meet you in person somewhere we use our real first names from the start. Our last name, we gotta be really good friends before you get that ;)

We use an alias in our selection of site usernames. That way it is a bit harder to find us through the search engines and keep a bit of a lower profile. But once we start to communicate with people, either by email or other direct method, we always use our real names.

• Like 1

We use our first names, but only after initial contact -- usually by e-mail. Only after we meet face-to-face do we give out last names.

What's troublesome for us is that we have a dedicated "adult play" e-mail address, at the big G. We use it only for contacting play partners or requesting party info. The trouble started a few years back when Google decided everyone had to use their real name to have an account. Nuh-uh, No way were we going to do that, so we picked a fake name. Google no longer requires a 'real name' (anonymity helps people escape domestic violence -- and that's a fantastic reason to be anonymous), but we can't figure out how to remove the fake name.

The upshot: Neither of us are named "Benny Vandergast". And it's not even an alias.

The fake name? "Benny Vandergast". Go look it up; Kermit and Miss Piggy would be pleased you did.

So when we write "Hey! We're J--- and J----, nice to meet you!", but the e-mail reads "From: Benny Vandergast", it's always a problem. We're trying to mitigate the issue by putting the "That's not our real name" disclaimer in e-mails and taglines,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExploringOptions said:

We are just using our Social Security number. 

😳 If you are using all nine digits in your SSAN you might want to rethink that.

14 hours ago, PeterJ said:

😳 If you are using all nine digits in your SSAN you might want to rethink that.

We use all twelve digits, do you suggest we change one? Which one?🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ExploringOptions said:

We use all twelve digits, do you suggest we change one? Which one?🤦🏻‍♂️

Do you use Password1 as your password? 

• Like 2

We generally use our real first names, though if we're sending a polite response to a couple or single we're not interested in, we might stick to initials.  

Many of our regular swing friends have been guests in our home, traveled with us and are friends on social media so the last name is picked up and we don't worry about it.

We don’t use aliases. We use our *middle* names rather than our more commonly used first names.

Edited by NC_Seniors
  • Like 2