danc694u

How far will you drive to swing?

The furthest we will drive to meet others or visit a club is...  

168 members have voted

1. 1. The furthest we will drive to meet others or visit a club is...

• Less than 30 miles (same town)
    • Less than 60 miles
    • Less than 120 miles
    • Up to 200 miles away
    • As far as 500 miles away
    • We'll go anywhere if there is going to be sex.
    • We don't drive, they have to come to us.

Well, so far we haven't traveled more than a couple of thousand miles to meet someone. Lee has us beat though, we only had to go to Memphis to meet Julie.:lol:

Except to meet face to face with the great people on this board for the meet-ups, and with the additional exception of a very few play partners that are so fun that it is well worth traveling completely across the US to play with them, we generally don't travel much further than the local clubs, about 5 miles.

Our current play partners are 300 miles away and it's worth every minute of the drive. Although it helps when we can meet in the middle.

The question was how far we'd drive to meet a couple or visit a club, but our answers to each of these is quite different. We answered the poll for "visit a club" - up to 500 miles. We've gone as far as about 300 miles to visit a club on a big weekend event, but we only make those trips very occasionally.

This summer, we're going to a swingers board meet-up that will be at least 250 miles from home. Others will be coming from much farther than that.

To meet a couple that we've connected with from a website? No, for us it's locals, only. We wouldn't go that far just to meet people whom we don't know if we're going to connect with in person (personality, vibe, etc). It's just way too far for that!

We get lots of online offers from people 100-250 miles away.
We have, too - especially about 220 miles away in Atlanta, where there are a lot more swingers than we have down here. It just doesn't happen....it's just too far.

After having a more than two-hour commute for several years, the prospect of driving up to 200 miles is nothing to me (our favorite club is about 180 miles away, too). So I answered 200 or less. I can't see going 500 miles, but who knows? Under some sort of circumstances, I might consider it. We both like road trips anyway.

Edit: after reading Tybee's post, I'd have to say I totally agree--we'd drive a lot farther to a club than to meet just one couple.

And we thought we were the only ones. We regularly drive to New York City (250 miles) to visit clubs there and fly 1000 miles to the Miami area to see friends, party, and go to clubs there. However, the most we have traveled was 3000 miles (we flew) to the West Coast and had a fantastic MFM with a guy there. They were all worth it!

If they are hot we will drive 250 miles and spend the night. I'm used to the driving, since I drive truck for a living. So, ladies, make a truckers day and flash them! :)

Probably about 60 miles, although that may vary when the gas prices are sky-high. You figure that 60 miles is roughly an hour each way -- that's not unreasonable for a really fun time!

This varies a bit for us. To meet another couple we are interested in, 60 miles is probably the outside range. To go to a club, then the range expands out to 150 miles or so since we make a full weekend getaway out of club visits.

Another thing I think is where you live - some people live where their swinging cup runneth over locally, while others of us who live a little more in the boonies, driving is just part of finding anything you want, including people to swing with.

• Like 1

My wife and I flew 1200 miles in July for our first swinging adventures. It was amazing and we can't wait to go back next summer!

I think we're sensitive enough about being discovered that we'd set a minimum of 175 miles, the distance to the nearest large, anonymous city. In practice, our sessions have all been over 2,000 miles from home.

So, uh, we flew, because that drive would really take a lot of the fun out of it.

It depends on the circumstances. We have recently traveled over 200 miles to play with a couple, but we had spent some time with them at a club without playing. It was a pretty high level of confidence that something would happen if we visited them, and it did. well worth the trip.