intuition897,

You are too kind... :blush: I do feel that every time someone called me a geek or a nerd in high school or since, I have taken it as a complete compliment, even when it was meant as an insult. "Why thank you, that's the nicest thing you've said to me." :D

I figured if they were going to label me with what was stereotypically higher intelligence and wisdom than most people my age, why should I take it as an insult. ::P:

Cheers to all nerds and geeks!

Memories of game consoles pre-crash are guaranteed, proof positive, "old school geek"

Well, in that case I am an old, old school geek. My first computer was an apple that you had to assemble from a kit, and I played the original Pong game on a black and white tv. :o

What I've seen is much like everything else in life, swingers are a cross-section. I've seen just as many of the jock/stud/cheerleader types as I have the nerd types... and don't forget the rednecks... sometimes I swear that's 90% of the swinger population (but then I realize it's just what we run into locally). I do think that this site may attract a lot more of the nerd types simply because the internet tends to in it's own right... and the nerds tend to be more cerebral (which is what this site really is as compared to most swinger sites being all about the pics).

I am really old school geek, I played pong when it was a arcade game and had an atari 2600. I also owned a VIC 20 and hung out at computer stores. I remember the big deal the day the first apples came out and I also remebre that for awhile the only color choices were orange black and white and green.

As far as nerd goes, they were being nice if they called me that in High school. I was they guy they beat up to force me to do their homework.

I think the reason their is a high percentage of nerds, geeks or as I prefer HILFs ( Highly Intelligent Life Forms) is we are used to being on the fringes.

Box? How can I think outside the box when I was never inside the box in the first place?

Best arcade game was Tempest. ah, the quarters that disappeared into that machine!

[stepping gingerly into this thread...]

Oh, and I should probably seek out a support group for compulsive researchers. I hear about something and the next thing I know I'm googling the shit out of it.

I think I finally found my soulmate:)

Best arcade game was Tempest. ah, the quarters that disappeared into that machine!

Heh. "Major Havoc" was my fav.... good look finding it though. It was rare back in the day.

I'm a total nerd however my wife is a former cheerleader as well as a former state level beauty pageant contestant (competed but did not win at the state level).

For long time I have noticed that a lot of the former jock types seem to have trouble staying married to the same woman for any length of time whereas the male nerds have tended to have longer marriages and tended to be more faithfull and committed to their marriages than the jock types. I have read scientific studies that have tended to support this observation so it's not just me.

I wonder if this applies to the swinging community as well in the vanilla world. If a guy is handsome and charming is a smooth-tongued devil with the ladies maybe he just prefers to cheat and gets all the sex he needs on the sly whereas us more nerdly folks prefer to keep the lady happy at home and explore the lifestyle together as couple rather than cheat.

Do any of you think there may be something to that theory or am I just whipped cause I'm a geek who's married to a hot chick?

As we get older I think its a little harder to distinguish nerds from jocks. We have yet to see anyone walking around the club wearing a pocket protector but we have seen some people who are very attractive and have definitely kept themselves in great physical shape. That being said we don't necessarily think we have noticed any difference between jock types and nerd types as much as we have noticed more of a caste system according to looks. (perhaps foder for a new thread) It seems that you can almost group people into three categories. The really pretty people (which are the minority), the average people (which are the majority), and still others that are, how could I put it delicately, less then handsome. This may be why there are what many may perceive as cliques. In that aspect and unfortunately, not at all unlike high school. The only saving grace is that yes, the vast majority of people in the lifestyle do seem to be right along the lines of average.

Former jock here married to a geek.

We both think about sex all the time, and we're soulmates. :lol:

After reading all the posts in this topic, I now see how we pick our sexual partners. She leans toward the jocks and bad boys, where he likes someone that will carry on an intelligent conversation. Geeks are damned sexy. ;)

OMG!!!

How about during a "intermission" having a serious discussion about the differences/ Which is better, between the Star Trek/Star Wars.. Nothing like two naked guys, talking about Sci Fi, instead of paying attention to the lovely Naked opposite sex..:bangdesk::wtf3:

LMFAO!!! :bowing:

I think I'd be ready to shove K out the airlock (ref BSG) for that kind of trespass!

JustAskJulie said:
What I've seen is much like everything else in life, swingers are a cross-section. I've seen just as many of the jock/stud/cheerleader types as I have the nerd types... and don't forget the rednecks... sometimes I swear that's 90% of the swinger population (but then I realize it's just what we run into locally). I do think that this site may attract a lot more of the nerd types simply because the internet tends to in it's own right... and the nerds tend to be more cerebral (which is what this site really is as compared to most swinger sites being all about the pics).

Count us in. We are nerds. And that's why we are attracted to the Swingersboard.

:D

iapr said:

So I guess my question is, are any of your observations similar or different from what I have described? Please share your thoughts and observations on this. I often hear discussions regarding cliques and such within the lifestyle and I am wondering if this is yet another battlefield between the jocks/cheerleaders and the nerds or is the lifestyle a place where the nerds truly do outnumber the jocks?

I was once told by an ex that I was "a geek trapped in the body of a cheerleader". I've had a few kids and ever so slightly squishier since that statement, but still true- blonde, big boobs, and often a bit perky, BUT my interests are of a more intellectual bent as is my taste in men (and women),

My husband is handsome in a very clean-cut put together way, very outgoing, but similar.

We are geeks, but don't necessarily look the part. Needless to say, our niche can be challenging at best. :lol: