I'm sorry if this seems harsh. It's well meant, because I want people to succeed at this, and I think profiles are crucial if you're pursuing the on-line option.

No it's not harsh. I have updated it a little. I still have to put some pictures on there. Would you mind critiquing it one more time for me?

I am by no means a linguist and there are much better folks here who can suggest punctuation and style. I will limit my thoughts to content only

"For now, we draw the line just before oral sex (let's all get naked and kiss and touch, no insertion) but one day, who knows? Sounds a little tame, we know, but hey, we're new, so we're taking it slow."

Its good to let folks know your boundaries. As your boundaries change, so should your profile, you don't have to apologize for being tame.

"We're a pretty normal couple with jobs, kids, and a house. We like books, movies, video games, a good bottle of wine, and getting out when we can."

When I read statements like this I usually pass. I interpret it as a couple that are already making excuses why they cant meet.

"Happy to have a conversation on just about any topic, including (but not limited to): music, television/movies, stupid YouTube videos, and theoretical physics. "

i chucked when i read theoretical physics and see you injecting humor. but that seems to be the only place the attempt is made.

You mention height and weight twice. this tells me it is something you are looking for in playmates. Saying so is not a bad thing and you should include it in the what you are looking for section. Just avoid HWP. I personally hate the term. If you would like to play with similar body types try and have a pic that shows yours and say you are looking for others with similar to yourselves.

Good luck in your new adventure.

We would like ours reviewed please! We're on both SLS and Kasidie as NewEscapadesCT.

I think your profile is very well written. It is clear about what you're looking for, what interests you, and what your limits are. As for the comments about your likes (books, movies, wine, etc), I don't see them as indicators of future excuses. I see them as things that we kind of like too. :)

Best wishes!

I think your profile is very well written. It is clear about what you're looking for, what interests you, and what your limits are. As for the comments about your likes (books, movies, wine, etc), I don't see them as indicators of future excuses. I see them as things that we kind of like too. :)

Best wishes!

I was referring to "getting out when we can" tacked on the end.

We would like ours reviewed please! We're on both SLS and Kasidie as NewEscapadesCT.

Your profile is hidden from free members. While I can understand your concerns, it also eliminates many possible candidates. Many people, including myself, have not seen any value in a membership especially if we're already spending on another site. So this is something to consider.

Thanks for taking the time to read our profile! We're always impressed by this community, and investing your time for a couple you've never met, is nothing short of amazing.

It's always great to have different opinions, and to see how people interpret what you've written. Careful as we were, we didn't really even notice that we had written in height and weight twice. We'll be looking to see if we can make some improvements.

Thanks again!

Your profile is hidden from free members. While I can understand your concerns, it also eliminates many possible candidates. Many people, including myself, have not seen any value in a membership especially if we're already spending on another site. So this is something to consider.
The SLS experience became more pleasant when we made our profile inaccessible to non-paid members. Has not created any nagging feeling that we have missed opportunity.

Hi - we would love to have our profile reviewed! We're new at this, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

It won't let me post a link - I'm a newbie, so I don't understand why, lol. But our profile name on swingtowns.com is smuttybooklvr.

Thanks!

We just redid our SLS- swingsetcouple985

Plus 100 points for having face pictures in you public album ++++.

I like this profile -- very much.

The only critique is my usual critique. It is better to avoid negatives. You can put "please don't" as many times as you wish into a profile and people will still "do". Whack the moles as they pop up; don't try to whack them before they pop up.

• Like 1

So I took the advice from these forums and redid our SLS profile. If anyone has a few minutes to check it out-- my wife and I would appreciate any suggestions to improve on it.

Thanks in advance

So I took the advice from these forums and redid our SLS profile. If anyone has a few minutes to check it out-- my wife and I would appreciate any suggestions to improve on it.

Thanks in advance

I do not remember your profile from any time before so cannot declare it to be improved or not improved. General good, I think. Here are some suggestions:

* If you are looking to attract replies from couples, you should include a your picture in addition to your wife's picture.

* You seem to be sending a mixed message. Your indications of interest levels seem to say you have no interest in single men, In your profile it says you are wanting MFM. Does this mean you are looking for married men rather than single men?

* Showing 0 pounds for a body weight will turn many prospective people away.

Good luck in your search.

~Michael

Thanks in advance

Your tag line says "new to this-but very interested". Your profile is from 2012. That tells me you have not updated ages or pics in a couple years. Thats' a red flag for me, especially without certs.

Thanks for the input.

I am going to make some changes to our profile---and explain why we had a profile from 2012 and consider ourselves new (we actually just recently finished our profile and added pictures--so our pictures are only a few months old...lol) I never thought about that being a red flag.

My wife actually brought up the age thing--I did not realize that SLS did not auto update that portion....is there any way to tell when that part was updated?

Changed the bit from MFM to MFMF....

The zero weight...that is my wife's choice....so the best I can do is leave it be until she is ready for me to change it....lol

Thanks again for taking the time to review this for us :)

wolf4388 said:
HI, everyone. Could some of you fine people take a look at ours for me? I would greatly appreciate any and all help. Have a great one.

Looks great to me. I'd send you a message, for sure, if my wife and I lived in your area. Plus, plus for having full-body, face pictures of yourselves.

• Like 1

kikonkrome said:
Hey can you guys give us some feedback on our profile?

* Over all, it has a good look.

* Displaying a Lifetime Membership will help you a lot.

* You do not necessarily need full-body pictures. If you lived in my neighborhood, I'd be hittin' on ya.

* Under the We Are Looking For title, you say nothing about what you are looking for. Most of the comments you have there belong under the Description or real experiences titles.

* Most of what you have under Our fantasies and/or real experiences belongs under Description.

Now here are some things I say to nearly everybody about a profile. It is best to avoid all things that denote negativity. For example, you say that you avoid drama. But the mere appearance of the word drama triggers a subliminal suggestion. Anyway, it's going to completely evade any drama queens as drama queens have no notion that they create drama.

Ok we updated our SLS profile after reading lots and lots of posts here. Can anyone take a gander and let us know what improvements would help us out besides buying a membership. :) Teton69

Ok we updated our SLS profile after reading lots and lots of posts here. Can anyone take a gander and let us know what improvements would help us out besides buying a membership. :) Teton69

I see nothing in your profile to criticize. You've stated what you want and have included nice pictures.

Are you sending invitations to people? Or are you simply waiting for someone to rise to the bait? It's more effective to send invitations; believe me. Oh, maybe one small thing. There is no point in saying "drama free". The drama people have no notion at all that they are drama people so you will, in any case, be hearing from them.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback. I will go correct that info since it does seem rather redundant. We are emailing people but haven't had any luck yet so wanted to make sure our profile covered the basics. Thanks again. :)

I'm bumping this forum owing to the fact that I firmly believe that it has benefited several members. I see gawd-aweful profiles at SwingLifestyle and SwingerZoneCentral every time I log on and search. For these, there is not help. But I also see profiles that with just a little bit of improvement would attract a lot of attention. Are you wondering what reason there might be for you not receiving the attention you deserve? Ask us to review your on-line profile. You'll be glad that you asked.

• Like 1

HI, everyone.... Could I get some feed back on ours if anyone gets a chance. We are beginning to think it might be a age thing we are not getting any inquiries... Or I could be my literal skills on our profile. We are the same name on SLS.... I always get valued feedback from the group here, so, I will be looking forward to it. Thanks and have a great time out there...

Wolf

Plus 100 points for having really great pictures of yourselves. This should really carry you if nothing else.

You'll want to present yourselves in the best light possible so be sure to fix the little English-usage things:

- "Looking for a fun working class couples to have good times" should be "Looking for a fun working class couple to have good times".

- A space should follow each full stop (period) or comma. And you also have spaces where no spaces belong.

"A little laid back until he gets to know you" might be true but its not going to attract responses. In some people's minds this is going to read as "aloof" or "detached".

The little golden bars next to the words "soft" and "wild" should be made into big, long golden bars. If you're in for a penny, you're in for a pound. Don't leave the impression that you are half into be wild.

If you were near us, we'd hit on you.

• Like 1

One other thing; how many requests are you sending out? Something that we are guilty of doing is now that we have been on SLS for awhile, we don't spend much time looking for new people...we have one couple that we get together with on a regular basis and others that we can get together with if we want. Once in a while we will be contacted by a new couple and we will then go look at their profile, but we are not actively looking for new couples (so we don't send requests no matter how well a profile you may have). You can't catch any fish if you don't put a line in the water...

Heing&Sheing: First you NEED AT LEAST 1 PICTURE. Even if it doesn't show your faces, you need something to at least give an idea about who you are (a picture is worth a thousand words, a picture without your face is still worth at least 500 lol). Since you are not looking for single males, I would take that out of your preferences. I would also drop this:

"We do play together, same room, so dont ask if just one of us wants to play, we are a package deal. For us, the appeal of playing is to watch one another give & receive pleasure and being able to join in those experiences. Neither one is going to sit out, or take one for the team, and we dont that expect that of you either!

Married cheaters, dont bother! Single men, right now(as of 6-20-2015) we are not looking for a single guy/married that "plays alone" so if we change our minds on that we will update this & search you out."

to the bottom of the section. Tell us about who you are first then tell us what you are and are not interested in. Keep things positive and try to edit out saying too much negative. You have said that you are interested in couples for friendship so "We are Not interested in one time quickies, so dont message us with a "let's meet up & ****" message- that will get your message deleted right away, so dont even bother! We are not interested in jumping in the sack as soon as we meet you." is probably not needed. Also the reference to "(also FMF & occasionally MFM)"...you have said that you are not interested in single males, but once again seem to be saying you ARE interested in single males. "MUST be discreet, clean, drama, disease & drug free, laid back & fun, and we are the same!", I don't know of anyone looking for dirty, diseased, drama intense, uptight drug addicts. Never use shenanigans in a sentence (lol). In face, just tell us who you are and then expand that onto how you are looking for the same. Maybe something more like:

We are new to the SLS but we have taken the time to really understand what we are both looking and hoping to find. We have both agreed on our boundaries and rules we will be respectful of your boundaries as well. While he is vas safe we both still believe in safe sex/condoms. We are both shaved & hope that you are the same or at least 'neat' down there as well. If you are interested in finding out more about us, please drop us a note, but we ask that it is more than a half a sentence or 2-3 words or "text-speak". We will check your your profile and get back in touch with you, however we have spotty internet here in the foothills and it may take a couple of days.

You have no pictures but are requiring at least one from them?

Once again, stay away from the negative: "If you cant dig that then move along, she makes up for it in other areas!". Tell what you are and if they are not interested in that, then they will move along on their own. She does smoke (period, nothing else is needed). BTW, we were born in the wrong century too...just not sure if it was too early or too late. "Also interested in couples for same room swap/couple play with possibly some FF action [REMOVE but she's not sure about that yet, maybe] with the right woman!"

I would also add in more about what you like and are looking for, but keep the negative out. Be choosy with your words. You don't want so many that it's too long to read but you don't want the two/three sentence profiles that seem to just say 'we're not really serious enough to bother actually writing anything'. Think: we're looking for new friends and this is who we are and what we would like you to be...and then we'll get naked :lol:.

Hope that isn't too much or too critical. It just sounds like you are nice people, but you need to let that out more.

Hey can anybody take a look at our profile and give feedback for improvements? Thanks in advance!

I received a positive impression from your profile, both in its appearance and in its content. Just a few recommendations:

In regard to your statement, "If you're not planning to play, not already one of our lifestyle friends, or are just a general waster of time stay far away!", it is better to stay away from negativity. The people who are drama generally do not view themselves as drama so making a statement like this has little effect on wasters of time. You're going to get them in any case. In addition, "waster of time" can be interpreted in too many different ways. You might be discouraging people who think you want sex immediately after the second e-mail.

Similar advice regarding your statement "Please show some enthusiasm and desire. If you can't we should not be playing with you." Makes it sound like you want a woman to do all the work.

Under the heading "Description:", you describe yourselves physically. No need. Your excellent pictures convey that message far better than any words might. I recommend that under description you give a few facts about yourselves that you believe other people might find interesting; things like you like to dance, you play in a band or orchestra, you enjoy time at a local amusement park or whatever interesting things. We American are not all about sex, you know.

• Like 1

Would love to hear feedback on our SLS profile. Same name, it is linked with profile here. Thanks!
I say it often in this forum and I will say it also to you. There is no good reason the tell people what you do not want or will not do. Keep it positive.

"would like to expand that fun" says little about what you are looking for. It will help your chances to be more specific.

Hi all! Wondering if you could give advice on our SLS profile. Forgive the crappy pics, it was our first foray into pics of that nature and I couldn't find my tripod. We don't own a selfie-stick :P username should be linked in my profile, it's japrufrock.

Your screen name does not come up using a Quick Search. You are either blocking couples or you have not logged onto SLS in a while. Either would hide your profile. Able to see your external profile, default picture not showing, of course.

Your profile gives me an impression of sincerity. You should have no problem attracting attention.

That's strange. It was set up to hide us from single females, so I changed it so we're not hidden at all. I logged in this morning, so that shouldn't be an issue... Is it because I'm a free member? Should we become paid?

I just tried and I can't find you with a search by user name either, so not sure what is going on there.

I think the profile reads really well and is a good statement of where you are at right now and what you are looking for.

That's strange. It was set up to hide us from single females, so I changed it so we're not hidden at all. I logged in this morning, so that shouldn't be an issue... Is it because I'm a free member? Should we become paid?
You do not need to be a paid member to show up in a search.

I also tried a search in ZIP Code 43054 and did not see you listed. There is one other thing. How long ago did you create your profile at SLS? Six or seven days are sometimes required before a profile will appear using a Quick Search. If this is your situation, the good news is that SLS members within fifty miles of New Albany will be able to see you using the "New This Week" search function.

Thanks! We were going for approachable, but wanted to be honest about going slow. We created the account yesterday, so hopefully that's why we're not showing up!

I'm on desktop using Quick Search, so maybe as SW_PA said it will just take a few days for their system to fully update using that search method.

I forgot to answer your question too about being a paid member. Some people do just fine staying free members, but being a paid member does get you more functionality on the site and people tend to take paid members a little more seriously. By that I mean if someone spent some money on it, that's perhaps a stronger indication that they are real and who they say they are. Doesn't alway hold true, but I think it is something a lot of people take into account when trying to judge that. Someone who just joined though, we don't put as much stock into that as we do someone who has been on there a while and is still a free member since a lot of people like to try out a site for a little while as a free member to see if they like it before deciding to spend their money there.

You show up in my search, at least using the mobile app.

Also, we cannot find you on the desktop search BUT--if we friend you through the mobile app, you do show up on the desktop as a friend.

GoldCoCouple- not sure why you cant see our pics on SLS... there are at least 6 on the public album.

Thanks for the critique! I had a much different profile but was getting alot( like 10-20 a day) of messages from creeps & people we werent interested in (not personally but ones that werent what we had said we were interested in, so I went in & changed it alot maybe too much to the negative. Point taken, thanks. I'll have to work on it when I get up in the morning.

A request for some feedback on our SLS profile, please!

We recently did a complete overhaul of our profile -- it had ballooned into nearly two pages if printed. Way too much unimportant background information and lists of likes and dislikes.

So, we decided to streamline it, and tried to make ourselves out in the best light possible.

Comments and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

We're sjbluebirds on SLS.

Thanks!

HeingandSheing: For whatever reason, I checked your profile again and the first time it had no pictures but the second time it did!

• Like 1

I received a positive impression from your profile, both in its appearance and in its content. Just a few recommendations:

In regard to your statement, "If you're not planning to play, not already one of our lifestyle friends, or are just a general waster of time stay far away!", it is better to stay away from negativity. The people who are drama generally do not view themselves as drama so making a statement like this has little effect on wasters of time. You're going to get them in any case. In addition, "waster of time" can be interpreted in too many different ways. You might be discouraging people who think you want sex immediately after the second e-mail.

Similar advice regarding your statement "Please show some enthusiasm and desire. If you can't we should not be playing with you." Makes it sound like you want a woman to do all the work.

Under the heading "Description:", you describe yourselves physically. No need. Your excellent pictures convey that message far better than any words might. I recommend that under description you give a few facts about yourselves that you believe other people might find interesting; things like you like to dance, you play in a band or orchestra, you enjoy time at a local amusement park or whatever interesting things. We American are not all about sex, you know.

Thank you!! Great recommendations will be updating our profile soon.

Hey, all. My gf and I are new to swinging as a couple. She's new to it entirely, and I had limited experience with my ex-wife. I was wondering if we could get some feedback and tips on our sls profile. Not quite sure where to go with it. We'll be getting a paid membership soon and want to make the best of it. Our profile name is sipsangel same as here. Feel free to IM us with input.[i[/i]

Sipsangel;

A couple of comments on your SLS profile:

The 'What we're looking For' section has some descriptions of yourselves -- such as 'you're new' and 'she has no experience'. You might want to talk about the kind of people you're looking for: "Tall, with feather tatoos", or "Submissives to guide us as we learn", or "Alien couples for intergalactic 3-ways". Yes, my examples are silly, but you get the idea: put in your own thoughts.

As far as the photo of "Mr. Sipsangel" goes -- it's awesome you're showing your face; not a lot of people do that. But my thoughts on that are: Ditch the hat -- if you're bald, be proud (some women love that). If you need a haircut, get one. Also: SMILE! You already mention looking like a mean biker in the text, so why not show the happy-go-lucky teddybear side that you describe?

Hey, all. My gf and I are new to swinging as a couple. She's new to it entirely, and I had limited experience with my ex-wife. I was wondering if we could get some feedback and tips on our sls profile. Not quite sure where to go with it. We'll be getting a paid membership soon and want to make the best of it. Our profile name is sipsangel same as here. Feel free to IM us with input.
Oh, my. I have been neglecting my favorite forum. I apologize for me lateness.

Your profile is overall good. Having your pictures in your profile make it especially good. You might be emphasizing your newness to the lifestyle a little too much. One mention is sufficient. Maybe just me but I never believed that "shy at first, but once she warms up" was a good thing to say. Whenever I see this the thought comes into my head, "this is all his idea and she is going along with it to please him."

Wishing you happy hunting.

A request for some feedback on our SLS profile, please!

We recently did a complete overhaul of our profile -- it had ballooned into nearly two pages if printed. Way too much unimportant background information and lists of likes and dislikes.

So, we decided to streamline it, and tried to make ourselves out in the best light possible.

Comments and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

We're sjbluebirds on SLS.

Thanks!

Fredonia? One of our favorite places. If you two are into theatre and the arts, maybe you are also familiar with the Chautauqua Institute. It is good that you should tell people about your likes and desires in an SLS profile.

Nice pictures -- you get points for this. Your profile is, actually, nearly perfect. I do not believe there is a need to say up-front that you have busy lives. We all do. Managing the meet-up schedule can be accomplished once you start a conversation with an interesting couple.