I'm boosting this thread to the top of the list to remind everybody, especially the newcomers, that it exists. Beside, it's my favorite place for lending advice. I have very definite ideas regarding what good and what's not good in an on-line profile.

Step right up. Give it a try.

Hello,

Please look at our profile on swing lifestyle under dbandda.

Thanks!

Cute header. :)

I suggest you drop the "Drama Free" line. No one will admit to wanting drama, and those that cause it never seem to realize they are the problem.

You're a paid member, so you can block single men. Then you will not need the line stating "no single men".

"Its true" should be "It's true".

Overall I think it's a very well written profile. You do a good job of telling us who you are and what you're looking for. Best of luck! :)

D&D

I think it's a very well written profile.

I especially like the part "we're not scared off by experience if you're not scared off by our lack of it" :lol:

I would remove the part about him being an outside rep in the outdoor sports equipment industry. Not really any need for anyone to know what you do. It's not bad, just a recommendation.

You have the same three pictures in your 'us' public gallery as you have in your public photos. I'd remove one or the other ;) They are also a little dark, I'd recommend taking a few more when you get the chance, preferably outdoors. I think those are usually the best ones.

Other than those very minor things, I like it.

@ two and dig,

Thank you for the recommendations. I made the changes both of you suggested.

I don't know why the double up on the default gallery and the "us" gallery but for some reason I can't delete either one. So until I can figure that out they both will remain.

We know the pics are dark and grainy, these are temporary until we can get some others that we like better. For now our excuse is that the camera battery is dead and the charger is lost. It's a process to get these things the way we want them!

Thank you both for the help!

We would like some help with ours too. I know I need to get pics up. Mr_MrsBrewster

We would like some help with ours too. I know I need to get pics up. Mr_MrsBrewster

Good profile. You state who you are and what you are looking for. My suggestions are for fine-tuning and flow.

In your tag line: "Loving couple looking to eat, drink, and be merry, that includes sex.", should be two sentences:

"Loving couple looking to eat, drink, and be merry. That includes sex"

"We are learning about this change in our lives and excited as we grow together." should be "We are learning about this change in our lives and are excited as we grow together".

I would change her description to this:

"She is very attractive, and is a runner with an athletic build. She is a non-conformist that likes expressing her dark side, and also loves meeting new people".

I would flesh out a more detailed description of the male half.

Good luck with your profile. :)

If you do not mind, I would like a review of ours. I am curious as to what you actually see when reading our profile. The responses have been excellent on here and very thorough.

Just a note, I fixed Swing Lifestyle for this purpose alone as it is not an account we actually maintain, but I noticed most people on here do use the site quite frequently. We actually use AFF.

Our profile is curiousfuncpl72, and thank you very much.

PS. He says the profile reflects my personality way too much.

If you do not mind, I would like a review of ours.

Why should a profile not reflect a personality? You do want to attract the right kind of people, yes? I think yours is perfect. All of the essential elements and a reflection of high-minded people. Wishing you the best of luck.

~Michael

If you do not mind, I would like a review of ours. I am curious as to what you actually see when reading our profile.

I think you've developed a very good, and detailed profile. My suggestions are minor:

In the "Description" section, I would either drop the first two sentences, or work them into the "We are looking for" section, since that is what those sentences are about.

I would move the rest of that first paragraph into the "What else we'd like to say, do, see, hear about and/or learn". That will give the profile a good closing.

What remains in the "Description" section will be just that; a description of the two of you.

Very good pictures. They maintain your privacy while giving potential playmates a great idea about what you look like.

Great job! :)

:male:

Howdy!

It's been a while since I've posted on here, not sure if my wife has lately....

Our combined schedules coupled with our local club's revamped fee structure means we don't get to play very often. WE do love to play together, but also separately. Now as we all know, it's so much easier for women to hook up in this world, it;s a sad fact that I've had to deal with.

Up until last year I'd go on semi regular longer business trips and my wife would occasionally use SLS or craigslist to hook up successfully, with both men & women. On my trips, I struck out with scary regularity. Through the club here we have hooked up with a few people, we had a good time with all of them, but most of them were one offs or maybe we hooked up a couple of times but that was it. We had hit it off with one "couple" (he's married, she's single, they've been FWB for years) and have played with both of them and separately with both. She has since moved away and even though he and my wife have become quite the regular FWB (good for her!) he's gotten more and more uncomfortable with having a threesome with both of us, so for the most part they schedule their time together when I'm not home (or I'll go out if need be).

We have a female FWB we are both very fond of but she lives 3 hours away so we only get to see her a few times a year.

Now I've started trying to find myself a friend through various sites, my main profile/ads is on OKCupid.

Bow the OKCupid profile has yielded 0 responses & the women I've tried to contact through that site have not gotten back to me. The Craigslist ad has yielded 2 encounters. Both were one offs, the first woman, even though contacting me the next day to say she had a good time and that she was looking forward to the next day, has since broken off all contact & the second woman I feel is leading me on, she keeps making plans to come see me or have me go to her place, then breaks them last minute.

All ads on CL of women looking for me seem to be fake (one liners) or gold diggers ("I need help paying rent" or "please have party favors to share") so I rarely get a chance to respond to anything that's posted, and when I do I get no response.

Please, could you guys read through my ads and tell me if I'm doing something wrong? My wife has read both and admitted she'd respond to either if she came across them.

I'm really starting to lose faith here!

watchem_wiggle said:
:male:

Howdy!

It's been a while since I've posted on here, not sure if my wife has lately....

Hello,

I love to do profile reviews, so I am going to give this a try. I have to warn you though, I am not at all familiar with profiles on Ok Cupid or profiles looking for more of a Poly-type relationship that you seem to be looking for. So, you may want to take all of this with a grain of salt.

In general, you sound like a nice, fun guy. I think the main thing is there are a lot of nice, fun guys on the internet. Most women want one they can have to themselves, not one who is married with permission to play. Most women, but not all. Some want a no strings attached playmate, and some would like to be a secondary in a poly relationship. I think you need to decide which you are looking for.

"We've also recently discussed the possibility of getting girlfriends (one for her and one for me) so I'm exploring that option as well!" - this to me seems to be trivializing/depersonalizing the role the possible girlfriend might play. I think it the line "getting... one for her one for me" is what bothers me. Like a doll you pick up at the store? not a person with feelings? As a girl this doesn't sit well with me at all.

I think maybe it's because of the way okcupid is set up, but the whole thing is TMI for me. You have to give your income?!!! That is crazy. I think you should limit the personal questions you are answering on your profile. Plus there is such a contrast, talking about being a stay at home dad and then in the next paragraph your un-cut cock. It squicks me out, and I like un-cut. I would decide which you want more, a poly, dating relationship or a casual sex, swinging relationship. Choose one and adjust your profile accordingly.

Honestly, I don't see forklift operation as a plus or minus in dating and it's not a hobby you can share or discuss, really. Oral sex skills - see the thread https://www.swingersboard.com/forums/topic/44876-swinger-profiles-reading-between-the-lines/ on reading between the lines.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help! That profile type is so foreign to me; I can't imagine filling it out for myself even. Hopefully others will comment.

If you set up a profile on sls or szc let us know.

You are leaving a mixed message. I was not able to discern if the profile belongs to a married man who is striking out on his own to find people for swing activity or a couple looking for swing activity. You have included references to "we" and you have included references reference to "I". Whenever I see a profile that starts out with "we" and ends with "I", I assume the worst -- a married man cheating. Others might be reading it this same way.

Please, could you guys read through my ads and tell me if I'm doing something wrong? My wife has read both and admitted she'd respond to either if she came across them.

Both ads are written well enough, but there's nothing particularly juicy about either one. You sound like a nice guy who loves his wife, one who is perhaps just a little sad or aimless, but smart and pleasant. What you don't sound like, in spite of your clearly articulated desires, is someone who is really looking for hot sex or a hot (albeit secondary) relationship.

I might hire you, I'd probably have coffee with you, but - and I mean this kindly - I wouldn't f*** you.

If you want that to happen, you're going to have to write ads that actually make room for another woman in your life. What can you do for her? What do you want from her?

What if your FWB ad looked a little more like this?:

I want someone I can hang out with.....have you come over or I come to your place, talk, watch movies, play video games.....listen to music. Maybe go out for a drink or a movie occasionally. I want the click, where there's chemistry and attraction. I would love for it to get physical, making out, heavy petting, oral or full blown sex, your choice. I like it all.

Age is unimportant (legal obviously!), looks are important to a point, but I have no specific "type", I like the BBWs as well as skinny, toned women.....all depends on the complete package. Be able to hold a conversation! As hot as you may be, if you're dumb, that turns me off & then we won't have much to talk about.

Drug (I don't consider weed a drug) and disease free, prefer non-smoking and near by (Lynnwood, Edmonds, MLT, etc.). It's fine if you're in a relationship, married or not, as long as he/she knows about it.

Same words, ordered a little differently. A little more direct, maybe a little more effective. Does any of this resonate for you?

• Like 1

I'm sure our profile needs some TLC but am unsure where to start. Any advice would be appreciated.

The SLS Username is: Kittywolf

I'm sure our profile needs some TLC but am unsure where to start. Any advice would be appreciated.

I see nowhere in particular where improvement is in need. Your profile has all of the essentials -- pictures of yourselves together, straightforward expressions of the things you hope to gain, your level of experience. If you are thinking you need to add decoration to the profile, I would say your really do not.

I can see in your Swingersboard profile that you have been a members since January. I hope you've found the information at this board to be helpful. And I'm glad you've actively joint in the board's discussions. I'm confident you'll enjoy it.

~Michael

Less personal information might help. You're quite comprehensive in your list of non-swinging interests and occupations and it might lead people to believe you'd be indiscrete about any interactions you have with them. Instead, you might describe what you're like rather than what you like to do. If you decide to leave all that in, there's a typo, unless there really is a pasty chef in the offing.

It's good that you want to be friends and hang out, but it does sound a little like the benefits of friendship are an afterthought, so you might want to juice that up a bit. And maybe share a little bit about what you're looking for in couples or in fantasy fulfillment.

Only one correction to note, in addition to the typo mauijanedoe pointed out:

She enjoy crafts (all kinds) should be "enjoys".

Great profile overall, and the picture of the two of you is nice. :)

The only personal info I found a bit overboard was the location of the places you work... The only reason I say this is because I had a weirdo single guy practically stalking me one time after he found out what university I attended. He all of the sudden started taking walks on his lunch break on campus since he worked right down the road and the campus had such "beautiful scenery." (it really is a lovely place, but yeah...) Strange. You don't want one of the odd ones from SLS narrowing down where either of you work, I'm sure.

Other than that, I like the profile. I too love the photo of the two of you, and I think you're up front about what you want (the potential to just hang out, not playing on the first date, and expectations).

We've updated our profile with some of the suggestions here, and appreciate the assistance you have offered so far! We too love the photo, it was taken by a friend at Desire ;)

We've updated our profile with some of the suggestions here, and appreciate the assistance you have offered so far! We too love the photo, it was taken by a friend at Desire ;)

I didn't see the before, but the after looks great. Just enough info to draw us in and I love the opening picture. If you were local we'd be hitting you up.

Ok, we're up...

I briefly thought about going through the 89 pages here but thought it would be more productive if you all would do us the honor of critiquing our sls profile. Go ahead, give it to me.. I can take it :)

Mattress_Dancers

~Sweet~

Ok, we're up...

I briefly thought about going through the 89 pages here but thought it would be more productive if you all would do us the honor of critiquing our sls profile. Go ahead, give it to me.. I can take it :)

Mattress_Dancers

~Sweet~

Great profile, and great pictures. I only see one error: "definetly" should be "definitely.

Great job! :)

Ok, we're up...

Mattress_Dancers

~Sweet~

The only thing I would add is a clarification. From the sounds of it you guys are really only into girls, but you list as looking for females. So, I guess a clarification as to what you expect out of the male half of a couple you might play with.

Very nice profile! I think it clearly states what you're looking for and where your interests lie without any negativity. Bravo for a great profile! I like that you have pics of both of you out there, often that's the downfall of a good profile.

Hi everyone, could you all review our profile on sls. Our profile is sexyhornycouple thanks, r&c

Good job overall! A picture of each is a good thing, so nice job on that. You may consider adding a picture of the two of you together.

Most of my recommendations are minor, but may be of use.

We like all types of people so please contact us and lets talk. If your a couple wondering where all the real swingers are, we are real swinging couple.

Talk about specific things you like in couples. Liking all types of people is a good thing, but giving specifics about what piques your interest should draw in those that fit that description. I'm not talking about physical appearance as much as general interests. Do cerebral people turn you on? Then say so. Are you into quirky senses of humor? Then appeal to those folks. :)

If your a couple wondering... should be "you're"

We have a strong marriage that has no issues or drama. I am a firm believer that the word "drama" should never appear in a profile, even when talking about the lack of drama in a relationship. Consider rephrasing. "We have a strong marriage and we are 100% committed to each other", or something along those lines.

I would move the following sentence to the next section down (Our Fantasies and/or Real Experiences):

We have been to several swinger clubs including The Cherry Pit, Marble Door, Basic Instinct, and Secrets. We attend a local nudist resort, the Armadillo also and would love to have you out as a guest.

I think it ties in better to that section.

I didn't look through your certifications, but it wouldn't hurt to check them out to see if those members are still similar to what you are looking for. Also, make sure none of them have had a status or profile change that would make them less desirable, and possibly reflecting on you. Some people do decide who to contact based on who has certified them.

Good luck! :)

This is something you can't change - but just an observation...your difference in ages may be an obstacle for you. It is unusual, in my experience, to see a gap in age where the man is younger than the woman. It wouldn't stop us from meeting you, but that's just us. Another thing you can't change is the fact both of you are straight...I mostly prefer to play straight and once we changed my status to straight from bi-curious, that cut down a lot of contacts.

I might add that you are interested in meeting for coffee of drinks since you are not actively attending clubs at present (mentioned in your other thread).

You also state that you like all types of people, but it appears as though you are not seeking single men (bar graph at the top). I agree that it might be better to specify what groups/type of people you are seeking. If mainly couples, put that. No need to call out not looking for single males, but just add some specifics to the types you'd like to meet.

Finally, you mentioned in your other thread that money is tight right now, but many people only look for paid members. Being a free member might be cutting you off from a whole segment of people.

Thanks to you both for the ideas. I'll do some alterations here soon and get back to y'all. Angelkin, I know our ages are definitely a concern for some. We've had people tell us both ways. Younger couples tell us that their not interested in an older lady. I've had older ladies tell us their not interested in me but want my wife. But this does not happen too often. Most men, once they have met my wife, tend to get interested pretty quick. My wife is excellent at attracting men. At 54, she is quite a magnet. But, as a couple, we have failed short of the goal of attracting couples together. My wife is ok with bi. She does not want that primarily like some ladies do, but, is ok with it. We used to be listed as bi and decided to try straight just to get different search results. My wife honestly prefers men, but has been known to go down on a lady during a 4 some. So she is open minded to it.

Hi everyone, could you all review our profile on sls. Our profile is sexyhornycouple thanks, r&c

Great advice from everyone so far!

On proof-reading - lets should be let's

I think it's better to avoid talking about "real swingers"

Great pictures.

It is hard to meet people online. Your age difference wouldn't be a problem for us, but it is for some. We've also noticed that the majority of people we've interacted with online and in person in the past three years are looking for bi or bi-curious women. Some are only looking for gg kissing or above the waist play, if she's into that you may want to list as bi curious and add that to your profile. If not that's completely fine, but your pool of potential matches is smaller, that's ok it just takes more time to find good matches.

You have some nice validations, have you talked to them recently? Even if they/you don't want to play again you could ask them what they've been up to, where they are meeting new people, etc.

Sorry, we were posting at the same time. I saw your update about the bi issue. We definitely get way, way more interest listed bi rather than straight for me.

We would love some opinions on our profiles. We know we need to have better pictures, she went through breast cancer last year and appearances change quickly. We try to explain that in our profiles and the pictures are all less than 3 years old.

Just when we were starting to get our feet wet in the lifestyle, life struck. Finding people has been difficult, we know smoking is huge turn off for many, we also know there are swingers out there for us.

We are on SLS as cupleplay

We are on Kasidie as coupleplay92064

We would love some opinions on our profiles. We know we need to have better pictures, she went through breast cancer last year and appearances change quickly. We try to explain that in our profiles and the pictures are all less than 3 years old.

Just when we were starting to get our feet wet in the lifestyle, life struck. Finding people has been difficult, we know smoking is huge turn off for many, we also know there are swingers out there for us.

We are on SLS as cupleplay

We are on Kasidie as coupleplay92064

Thanks for posting for profile review! I apologize in advance for bluntness. I hope these things help. I just look at the profile and give my reactions as if I were checking you out.

One thing I noticed is a lot of back and forth and seemingly contradictory statements, for example:

-We are looking for couples and single women to meet,and if all goes well.....play time. ... We prefer to meet new people and have no expectations to play that night.

-FWB, but one time is ok

-Play games or have sex

I would decide what you really want. Reading it just gives me the feeling that you are wishy washy, maybe a little desperate for any experience. I don't think it pays to offer yourself just for playing games on a swing site. Go for what you really want.

Since you don't show any pics of her hair in the public photos, I'd leave that info out. When someone contacts you or you contact someone and open your pics you can explain if you feel you need to. I don't think you need to though. It's really not their business why her hair is very short? or no hair? not sure what the situation is. Either they will find it appealing or they won't. If they don't find her appearance appealing, knowing she had cancer is not going to change that fact. I'm sure many people will find her attractive though.

"We are attracted to people that know the difference between confidence and ego" - This doesn't really mean anything to me. Maybe just say you are turned on by confident people who like to have fun and take an easy-going approach to life? People with ego's tend not to recognize this in themselves.

I hope things go great for you!

Thanks for posting for profile review! I apologize in advance for bluntness. I hope these things help. I just look at the profile and give my reactions as if I were checking you out.

That was incredibly blunt, thank you. We wanted people to read our profile as if they were checking us out. We have made some changes and we will see what happens.

O.K., I think. You have done well.

Because have included pictures of yourselves, the descriptions of your body types are not needed. You do include one particular negative that we used to include in our own on-line profile but which proved to be useless. You can tell men that you will contact them rather the they contact you in as big and bold red letters as you want and they are still going to come after you in droves. Consider that you might not need this warning.

Happy hunting.

~ Michael

This looks like it could be very helpful. I'd be interested in reading input on our profile:

mrnmrsdiscrete on SLS.

I like the alliteration!

Overall, I think it looks good. Personally I think the waxing if there's time line is TMI, and I would just share that info with someone you are going to meet up with.

I'd leave out the single male part and change your setting to not interested. Since you only want to contact them when you are out at clubs. You are still free to email them if you like, and they will be slightly less likely to email you.

I'd take out the part about wanting to lose wt. It doesn't add anything. If you are actively working on that and you have a favorite exercise others might share in common, you might mention it to generate commonalities. You can still say you are energetic in bed, though!

You don't really need the parenthesis line about sometimes having to postpone, that is life and understandable, doesn't need to be stated.

I think it's ok to keep the verbal physical descriptions if you like since it shows what you like about each other.

SW_PA_Couple and funcoupledayton,

Thanks for the tips. I've taken out the unnecessary BBW description. With the pic and the stats I suppose it really isn't needed. I was really proud of the car & driver phrase that I came up with in there so I left that alone. I took out my hairy description as well, probably not a selling point, but I didn't want anyone to be surprised.

I took out the red, single males don't contact us, comment even though there was a drop off of mail from single males after I put that in there.

Again, thanks for the insight into our on-line presence.

Mr & Mrs Discrete

Would love some feedback we are curiousintucson on SLS. Thank you!

Great profile!

OK, here's your initial line: We are very frustrated with people that want to trade pics and email endlessly, but don't want to meet in person!

But later you say: If your interested, drop us a line! We would love to chat, email, exchange pics, go out for drinks. Whatever your comfortable with :)

I get what you mean by the first line and the second, but the second line could lead to the understanding that you're happy with just chat, email and pic exchanges.

"If your interested, drop us a line!" should be "you're".

We like soft music, romantic movies, long walks on the beach - just kidding!

-Keep this line. It's funny. :)

We both drink (regulary!) should be "regularly".

We would really like to make some new friends, in and out of the bedroom. Having another couple to hang out with that has similar interests will make all of our adventures more fun. Lets go out and party!

-Consider moving this into the "What we're looking for" section.

If you can mess around with the order of your picture in order to get the pics of him closer to the front, that would be good. Prospective members have to go through a few pages before he shows up in the pics. I thought for a moment that there weren't going to be any pictures of the male half.

Like I said, great profile. I doubt you two need any help finding successful matches. :)

Would love some feedback we are curiousintucson on SLS. Thank you!

I think it's best to keep it positive. I'd leave out the frustration with pic exchangers, that line is not going to deter them, and isn't helpful to people who are serious.

your should be you're

You don't need to state your wt and ht, it's already at the top.

I think you sound like a cool couple. Your profile reads well and is appealing. I like that you gave some info about your hobbies and what you like to do. Great job and continued success to you!

Thanks for joining us, look forward to hearing more from you on the forum.

Have you seen the profiles with the disclaimer at the bottom talking about outside groups not being permitted to use info/photos in the profile for anything outside of the site?

How necessary are these and would they provide any legal backing should some kind of infraction occur?

Have you seen the profiles with the disclaimer at the bottom talking about outside groups not being permitted to use info/photos in the profile for anything outside of the site?

How necessary are these and would they provide any legal backing should some kind of infraction occur?

Those statements are worthless. When you post anything to a website, there is a 99.9% chance the TOS for that site specify that the site you posted to now owns the right to do what they want to with the picture or posts. In other words, they aren't yours to control what happens to them.

Hello to all. We'd greatly appreciate any constructive criticism. We are lifeiz4livn on SLS. Thanks in advance and Happy Halloween!

I think it's better to put your weight rather than 0 lbs.

Your pictures are nicely done. Speaking from experience (my pic is my legs with bare feet), you will attract a lot of foot fetishists, most likely, so just be prepared for that.

Otherwise I think you sound like a nice, likeable couple. I hope you have continued good luck!

It's a nice profile. I would remove the many quotation marks because they don't add anything and I keep seeing fingers making air quotes, which isn't a good visual, put in your weights (because not having weight listed indicates you're either very large or uncomfortable in your bodies), and take the opportunity to fill out the last portion. Profiles are marketing opportunities and you want to take full advantage, so that means not leaving any blanks.

Hey everyone, we find it difficult to write about ourselves our user name on SLS I'd the same as here (IExXxCpl) if you all don't mind we would appreciate some feedback on our profile.. So far I think it seems too vague... Thanks in advance!

Mr. xXx