wifes_toy said:
Hello all. We are trying to update our profile from "hi were new at this" to some thing a bit more long term. We are curiouscouple6122004 on SLS.

Welcome to the board! Here are some comments:

Proofreading:

I noticed a few sentences that didn't start with capital letters.

"Some of our interest include watching movies, spending time online, going for hikes, boating, and spending time with our pets." - should be interests

"best to just let them happen when the opportunity arises." - We think it's best?

"She has not experienced this yet and dont know for sure if its for her or not." - should be doesn't, but the sentence is kind of awkward.

Some thing that I think would be better to be clear about rather than beating around the bush:

"This is a team sport for us and we like to play safe." - Do you mean only same room or that you don't play solo? Do you mean that you expect condoms? Just say what you mean.

"only interested in meeting couples that have the same type of relationship." - Do you mean committed married couples only; are committed dating couples ok? Everyone's relationship is different and they don't know you, so asking for couples with the same relationship is a little unclear.

"We are both physically attracted to thin to medium built people. We both like short and tall people." - How about thin to medium build of any height?

"We are open to any culture." - I take this to mean you are open to any race. Is that what you mean?

It might be helpful to include whether you are open to soft swap, full swap or both.

You might want to talk about how you like to meet. Do you like to go to clubs, house parties, meet for drinks, etc.

At the start you say you're looking for a couple or a single female. Are you looking for only one couple and then play with them exclusively, or are you looking to play with multiple playmates? You might want to change it to plural (couples, females).

Hope that helps, Good luck!

Thank you. I think I cleared most of those up. Some of those are things I don't normally miss. I guess I was also trying to be a bit more conversational. Trying to find that happy medium between blunt and fun.

Hi Julie,

We have been in the life style for about four years. It has been about two years since we had you review our profile, Could you please look at our profile, again. We think something is wrong with it, or us. We get about one reply to our profile every three or four months. Is that the Norm? We reply to profiles that enterest us, usaully we don't receave a response. So..... we are wondering. We are hedo2forus on SLS AND hedo2forus2 on AFF. Thank you!

Hi Julie,

We have been in the life style for about four years. It has been about two years since we had you review our profile, Could you please look at our profile, again. We think something is wrong with it, or us. We get about one reply to our profile every three or four months. Is that the Norm? We reply to profiles that enterest us, usaully we don't receave a response. So..... we are wondering. We are hedo2forus on Swing Lifestyle AND hedo2forus2 on AFF. Thank you!

I think your profile looks fine. From our experience you are getting a pretty normal amount of responses. We live in a tourist town and we still only get about one new couple contacting us a month.

We are "jnsfriends" on SwingLifeStyle.

Your thoughts would greatly appreciated. :D

A search for jnsfriends on SLS gave no results for me.

Not sure why you couldn't find us Good Times. We checked our privacy settings and we're receiving email from other members. Can you try again? jnsfriends. Thanks!

Glad I found this thread. I was just about to post a new one on how pissed off I was getting because we get tuned down a lot. I'm like WTF what wrong with us. I think we are attractive. We are college educated BS degrees both of us. We can carry on a good conversation. We are very good in the bedroom at least that's what we have been told. We always get invited back LOL. I am a large man but it's not fat it's because I'm a powerlifter I lift weights a lot. When we get turned do it's like they are saying you aren't good enough for us. Since our profile is the only thing they see and read about us I can only think it must be something in it that they don't find attractive. Ether that or there are a lot of trophy hunters out there LOL. Take a look at our profile and be brutally honest we are a big boy and girl here and we can take it. Thanks

bjersr @ swinglifestyle.com

We gladly open our pics to anyone that asks nicely. I always open our pics to anyone we hit up.

Not sure why you couldn't find us Good Times. We checked our privacy settings and we're receiving email from other members. Can you try again? jnsfriends. Thanks!

Might you have couples blocked? If so that might explain it. Anyway, your public profile looks fine, clearly explains what you are looking for.

No we checked and we have no one blocked. I don't know why. Thanks for the critique though. :)

bjersr said:
 Take a look at our profile and be brutally honest we are a big boy and girl here and we can take it. Thanks

The first thing that comes to mind is that your profile doesn't say "college educated" and I don't mean that literally. But, I notice quite a few spelling and grammar mistakes in the first paragraph. That alone would be enough to turn me off and not make me want to continue reading. Also, the only picture I see is of her, and as a female I like to be able to check out both people before I would reply.

That said, I didn't get past the first paragraph, so others may not be either.

bjersr said:
Glad I found this thread. I was just about to post a new one on how pissed off I was getting because we get tuned down a lot.

While I would agree with Julie that your profile could use a little proofing and cleanup, and pictures of both of you, I think it describes who you are and what your looking for pretty good. I only have two suggestions;

First, for my taste your profile is a little long winded. Some people prefer real long profiles, but most, like myself are turned off by long winded profiles.

Second, I would get rid of the meaningless warning at the bottom of the profile. It won't stop anyone from using your profile any way they want, as your profile is public domain and their are no legal ramifications if someone did use it. So, for those that add this type of statement to their profile, it kind of tags them as a person who is misinformed about the legalities of internet content.

I can't get your profile to come up either. The external one says you don't have an external profile and when I try to search for you it returns nothing.

It was turned back off for some reason and I'm not sure why it's not searchable under normal circumstances. I've double checked our settings and we are set as viewable by everyone. And our profile says it been viewed almost 1700 times in the last week since we created it and we are a paid member until March of next year. Totally weird. Try again and hopefully the external stays on.

Julie and Good Time thank you very much I asked for you to be honest and you were. Can't fix it if I don't know what wrong, right LOL. Everyone on here as always been great and I thank you for you advise. I guess the spell check on SLS doesn't work all that great LOL.

Again thanks and corrections will be made.

There should be a picture of the male half in the public picture however.

Thanks to everyone again. I went back and took an honest look at what we had written. You were correct about the grammar and spelling. It was a bit wordy so I revised it some. Some of the mistakes were quite obvious. The biggest one in my opinion was where I put myself before my wife.

Thanks again I know you all are very busy but if you could please take a look at the new version Thanks

I looked again and we both have picture in our public gallery. Two of her and one of me.

ok lets try this again. We have majorly updated our profile and I found some other settings that could have been blocking us being searchable by couples and such. I think I have opened up those settings now. Would someone please consider going and see if you can search for us? We are "jnsfriends" on SLS. I have tried to search us but it comes up with no results. If no one else can find us by name then I will have contact the site admin and see what the deal is, what am I missing.

Sshubby, I found your profile and your update is very well written except the last part.

and we don't accept someone to respond to unless we both agree to "let's respond".
the accept should be expect?

And I read this as you won't respond to e-mails if you don't think there is a connection. We believe that all e-mails should be answered even if it is a polite "No thank you"

K

Sshubby, I found your profile and your update is very well written except the last part.

the accept should be expect?

And I read this as you won't respond to e-mails if you don't think there is a connection. We believe that all e-mails should be answered even if it is a polite "No thank you"

K

We will correct that shortly. Thank you for pointing it out. We respond to every email in some fashion unless they are just rude. But I think the idea we are trying to conveyed is that we both have to agree on things before anything extensive is pursued. If we both are not ok then we don't pursue it. Time for some revisions. Again. :lol:

. . . If no one else can find us by name then I will have contact the site admin and see what the deal is, what am I missing.
Tried to search for your profile yesterday, it did not come up. Good news, tried just now, it did appear.

It's better to keep an on-line profile as free of negatives as possible. I will suggest that if you explain too much about the rules for contacting you, you will only give the undesirable characters a chance to adjust their approach to make themselves seem more acceptable. Might be better to allow them to display their faults as early into the game as possible. JoAnn and I, by the way, align ourselves with the people who say you do not have to answer all messages. Some inquiries are just simply from too far out in left field. Anyway, the people who inhabit SwingLifestyle are presumably adults and should be able to interpret the lack of a reply as being a "no".

Hi...would love to have anyone give us some feedback on our SLS profile! Thanks in advance.

User name is: AC71

AandC71 said:
Hi...would love to have anyone give us some feedback on our profile! Thanks in advance.

I think your profile is great. I really couldn't find anything I didn't like about it. If you lived in our area we would contact you.

You might want to share what adult activities outside the bedroom you like to make it a little less generic.

I hope it's going well for you. You sound like a nice couple!

Our profile has gotten us a few hits, but it's only a week old. We're new blood.

Anyhow, I've been juggling it around a couple times a day and have landed on what you see today. Critique, positive or negative, is welcome. We are DontStopOrlando.

Thanks in advance.

BTW - It is hidden from single males. Though we get hit up by "couples" who are clearly not.

. . . Critique, positive or negative, is welcome. We are DontStopOrlando.

* Displaying a nice picture is the most important part of any profile and you guys have a really nice picture -- two thumbs up!

* The paragraph that begins with "Should we make a date . . . " makes it seem like you are conducting job interviews. I recommend you compose something simpler such as "Our rule is no play with the first meeting but it has happened when the feeling is mutual."

* References to Ken, Barbie, Dan, Rosanne, Herman or Lily make me crazy. Your picture will tell people what they need to know.

* Your profile looks good. But even a good profile needs time to draw responses. Don't become discouraged. You guys will do fine with yours.

~Michael

I think your profile is great. I really couldn't find anything I didn't like about it. If you lived in our area we would contact you.

You might want to share what adult activities outside the bedroom you like to make it a little less generic.

I hope it's going well for you. You sound like a nice couple!

Thank you very much. I appreciate the feedback.

Our profile has gotten us a few hits, but it's only a week old. We're new blood.

Anyhow, I've been juggling it around a couple times a day and have landed on what you see today. Critique, positive or negative, is welcome. We are DontStopOrlando.

Thanks in advance.

BTW - It is hidden from single males. Though we get hit up by "couples" who are clearly not.

Agree with SW's comments.

The paragraph about playing on first meet is a little wordy. I'd just shorten it to something like, we don't play on the first date unless the chemistry is like a tidal wave, since that's basically what it boils down to from my reading.

Proofreading: You change from "we" to "they" at the bottom. Stick with we throughout so it doesn't seem like a third person started describing you midway through.

Overall, great profile. Good luck and have fun!

Agree with SW's comments.

The paragraph about playing on first meet is a little wordy. I'd just shorten it to something like, we don't play on the first date unless the chemistry is like a tidal wave, since that's basically what it boils down to from my reading.

Proofreading: You change from "we" to "they" at the bottom. Stick with we throughout so it doesn't seem like a third person started describing you midway through.

Overall, great profile. Good luck and have fun!

* Displaying a nice picture is the most important part of any profile and you guys have a really nice picture -- two thumbs up!

* The paragraph that begins with "Should we make a date . . . " makes it seem like you are conducting job interviews. I recommend you compose something simpler such as "Our rule is no play with the first meeting but it has happened when the feeling is mutual."

* References to Ken, Barbie, Dan, Rosanne, Herman or Lily make me crazy. Your picture will tell people what they need to know.

* Your profile looks good. But even a good profile needs time to draw responses. Don't become discouraged. You guys will do fine with yours.

~Michael

Thanks for the suggestions! I definitely agree about being too wordy (that's due in part to my other hobby, Scrabble) and have trimmed the fat in that paragraph, along the with pronoun fixes. I'll reconsider the Dan/Roseanne bit, but for now it conveys the message in a way everyone can relate to.

We're not discouraged one bit. We've got two dates next week-- one from a couple who initiated contact, and another from a couple who responded to our message by saying, "We saw your profile and were about to message you."

Our name on sls is the same here. Theres a link on our profile here, not sure how to create one. So check it out and lets us know if we should do something different or not. Thanks. -Jen

Ivoriemaniac,

I tend to be blunt and a little critical. So, please don't be offended by anything I say. Hopefully this is helpful.

It's great that you have face pictures. It would be nice to see a picture of the two of you clothed so someone can get an idea of your body types.

As far as general proofreading, I think it's easier to read a profile that is written in complete sentences, but I can appreciate it if you want it to be more casual/texty. For some people that is a turn-off and they won't contact you, but maybe their not your type anyhow. Also, voluptuous is spelled wrong.

Are you really a very timid woman? My husband tends to steer away from people who say they're shy, and timid seems a step beyond that. It's really hard to know if they're interested and makes things uncomfortable. I tend to feel the same. I'd be happy to play with a girl who is new, but only if she was giving me signs, was friendly and open about what she was interested in. So, if you're really timid and you want people to know that I guess it's ok. Personally, I would take it out of the profile and work on your shyness. I do think your line that says, "shy at first then silly and sweet" is fine. I don't think timidity is an appealing characteristic, but maybe others will disagree with me.

It would be nice to know if you are a married couple or living together or dating, basically what your level of commitment to each other is.

Your username is intriguing. It seems like a good conversation starter.

You sound like a fun couple, good luck!

Our name on Swing Lifestyle is the same here. Theres a link on our profile here, not sure how to create one. So check it out and lets us know if we should do something different or not. Thanks. -Jen

I hasten to use real names on SLS (and that seems to be the norm). If you're comfortable with it, then by all means stick with them.

I'm also in the camp of proper spelling and punctuation. There is a spell check tool on SLS. I say take advantage of it.

As an aside, Mrs. and I have a play date this weekend with a really cool couple we met on SLS. They are both educators! And I personally love it when someone tells me our profile is well-written.

Unless you are looking for bi-males, I would take out the mention of the male being bi-curious. Unfortunately you will turn away a lot of couples because many guys will want nothing to do with that (even if you promise or state you won't "go there" with them). I'm not defending the practice, just pointing it out. But by all means, if you are looking to pursue it then let everyone know.

Anyhow, that's the point of view from a 40-something LS newbie. We've made some successful connections via SLS. We've also attracted a couple weirdos, but who hasn't?

Same username at swinglifestyle: amorvincitomnia

Thanks!

Hello,

Welcome! I am always blunt, but hopefully this is helpful.

It's great to see pics of both of you. I would try to find a better one of the husband, because that facial expression is not the most flattering. The one of the two of you together is nice, lighthearted and the one of the wife is fine.

I think your profile is really nicely written. It's very positive and has a happy vibe. The only comment I have is on this line "He is not HWP, but he has a ton of muscle under the padding, and has a great ass and legs (comic book hero legs, like the kind where you can see the calf muscles sharply defined)! " Since you have pictures you don't need to say he's not HWP. I think the comic book leg part is cute so I would leave that.

You may want to be cautious about saying you're up for trying just about everything.

Good luck! You sound like a very fun couple. I hope you have a great time and keep sharing with us here on the forums.

Hello,

Welcome! I am always blunt, but hopefully this is helpful.

It's great to see pics of both of you. I would try to find a better one of the husband, because that facial expression is not the most flattering. The one of the two of you together is nice, lighthearted and the one of the wife is fine.

I think your profile is really nicely written. It's very positive and has a happy vibe. The only comment I have is on this line "He is not HWP, but he has a ton of muscle under the padding, and has a great ass and legs (comic book hero legs, like the kind where you can see the calf muscles sharply defined)! " Since you have pictures you don't need to say he's not HWP. I think the comic book leg part is cute so I would leave that.

You may want to be cautious about saying you're up for trying just about everything.

Good luck! You sound like a very fun couple. I hope you have a great time and keep sharing with us here on the forums.

Thank you very much for your feedback! I've incorporated all of it except changing his photo--we'll work on getting a recent, more flattering photo of him very soon.

Forgive me if there's a better place to post this...

Would any of these photos be better than the one already there?

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

I like one and three. All of these are better than the one that was there in my opinion. Nice job if you took #3!

Have fun!

I like one and three. All of these are better than the one that was there in my opinion. Nice job if you took #3!

Have fun!

Thank you very much! Yes, I took #3...we had fun trying things on our first 'sexy' photo shoot :lol:

While we aren't new to the lifestyle anymore, there's always room for improvement and especially when trying to meet new people. I (Mrs.) would enjoy having a critique and some suggestions on how to improve our profile. On Swing Lifestyle and SZC we're Angelkin too. Our SZC profile has more pics, but the substance is basically the same.

And - if you feel you would like access to our private pics to further evaluate, just post back and let me know...I am a bit of an exhibitionist after all. If you care to critique our pics, that's great too.

Thanks in advance for the feedback. Be gentle:)

While we aren't new to the lifestyle anymore, there's always room for improvement and especially when trying to meet new people. I (Mrs.) would enjoy having a critique and some suggestions on how to improve our profile. On Swing Lifestyle and SZC we're Angelkin too. Our SZC profile has more pics, but the substance is basically the same.

Thanks in advance for the feedback. Be gentle:)

Hello,

I love your tagline, very catchy and friendly. You have a good assortment of pictures. I think considering the season, you should put the baseball one as the default.

I think your profile is great, very specific and informative. In the fantasies/experiences you may want to say that you have had mfm, fmf, fmfm experiences if you have, because that is not really clear from the profile. I believe from reading your posts here you are experienced, but since you just list fantasies so it's hard to tell from the profile if you are new or experienced. I really couldn't find any problems. Very nice! Good luck.

. . . I (Mrs.) would enjoy having a critique and some suggestions on how to improve our profile. . .
No good reason to tell people about the things in which you are not interested. My general advice to people about on-line profiles is to avoid negatives as much as possible.

Looks great. Keep up the good work.

Thank you both for the review..sounds like I have some refining to do :) ALWAYS good to get feedback!

We're not on swingers date club. Is your Swing Lifestyle profile up to date?

not really may do that this weekend

Just came across this thread, would love to have a critque of ours. norcalrns on SLS. We try to keep it updated, read it as if we were someone interested and change things we think might read wrong. One thing we notice is that people seem to contact us that are clearly out of the scope of what we're looking for (age, fitness level, etc.) are we not clear enough?

Thanks for your honest opinions.

RnS

Just came across this thread, would love to have a critque of ours. norcalrns on Swing Lifestyle. We try to keep it updated, read it as if we were someone interested and change things we think might read wrong. One thing we notice is that people seem to contact us that are clearly out of the scope of what we're looking for (age, fitness level, etc.) are we not clear enough?

RnS

Nice profile, and that's a very fun picture you have!

Your profile says a lot, and that's probably why you're getting people "out of scope". I'd suggest making it a bit leaner. Many people will look at the pic, skim a couple lines and fire off a message.

Your 2nd and 3rd sentences say the same thing. I say, pick one, eliminate the other.

As for not wanting full swap, just say you are a soft swap couple, and remove the talk about boundaries. You don't have to apologize or justify your positions. There are all types looking for all types.

As I look into the second part of your page, you seem to want to justify your preference in fit non-smokers. Again, trim the fat. You're outdoorsy non-smokers that like to keep fit and you prefer the same. Say it in two sentences instead of six.

Toward the bottom I see a lot of the same info given at the top. Being soft swap, I'd leave out the bit about condoms. If you have IM off, no one will be sending you IM requests (they can't) so you can lose that as well.

Like someone else says, try to remove some of the negativity. "We're not afraid to walk away" could probably be reworded.

I like what you're trying to say, but I think it would help to say those same things in less words. People will more likely read it all, and then you'll get more accurate contacts.

Good luck!

Thank you, exactly the kind of feedback we were looking for.

RnS

P.S. we love our picture too, it really shows who we are in a nutshell (we're nuts!). That underwater camera is one of our best purchases.

Just came across this thread, would love to have a critque of ours. norcalrns on Swing Lifestyle. We try to keep it updated, read it as if we were someone interested and change things we think might read wrong. One thing we notice is that people seem to contact us that are clearly out of the scope of what we're looking for (age, fitness level, etc.) are we not clear enough?

RnS

Hello and Welcome!

As far as people contacting you, many people don't bother to read profiles and yours is a bit long. I think everyone gets contacted by people they consider undesirable. Just thank them for their nice note, tell them you don't think you're compatible and move on. Take it as a compliment.

You have many nice public photos and you are a very cute couple. I have to say though, the default photo with the nose bubbles on her is a turn off for me! (and I am an avid swimmer) It would be fun to share with people who already know you but not with strangers. Someone recently told me I have no sense of humor! So I asked my husband, who is very funny, and he agreed with me. Your other photos are great.

I don't know that you need to be upfront about her fake boobs in the description. I think it reads as superficial. We don't have a preference and our friends who have them don't mention it in their profiles so reading this seems kind of weird, that's just my opinion though.

"We work hard and don't have a ton of free time, so we want to maximize it. " - I don't think this statement adds anything to your profile. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. To me sounds like you are saying you like to play on the first meet which contradicts your initial "go slow" message.

Your experiences section sounds good.

"Chemistry will be as important for us as well as you." - I consider this a "duh" statement, un-necessary.

"A few things we've noticed in our short time here. 1. Why is it that so many couple only post the woman's photo? If you want to meet us there has to be an attraction on both sides. When you contact us, please include a picture of both of you, open your pictures to us or we will most likely not respond. Not to be rude, but we're not looking to waste anyone's time. You can see us, we want to see you. She is a visual person too!! 2. We don't plan on "getting around" and just being with anyone. We will be very picky, as we feel you should be. We assume we will be saying no to many people and being told no. 3. Your profile is our first introduction to you. Having more than just, "Hey, lets get together and fuck" is important to us. "

- I love critiquing profiles, but your personal profile is not the place to do it. For #1 just say we require face and body pics of both of you before meeting. #2 not necessary

#3 those people won't read your profile anyway so they will still contact you!

I also think the last paragraph is too much information for a profile. I think these things would be important to discuss verbally before you play with a new couple.

Hope this helps and continued good luck!

Thank you, more great advice. We know our profile is a little long (getting shorter by the minute) but one of the things we noticed when we first signed up that bugged us was the 3 line profiles. I don't really learn anything about you in 20 words. But too much info can have the same effect.

We rotate our profile pictures, so the nose bubbles won't be there long.

Keep it coming, we'll have it dialed in in no time.

RnS