ShellyM

Certifying couples on SLS

Well we like them and it helps us know people are sane and if we know who left it we like it even better..

5 year old certs are a bit much. Lots could have changed. We have I think 6 and perhaps a few more on aff but chat room meet and greets add to that #.

They could help they could hurt.. who knows... it is the same as everything... coke or pepsi....

We have 3 certs, and I'll admit that I do check the certs of others - mainly to see if we have mutual friends. I've looked at certs and discovered that we've had mutual friends on more occasions than I can count. Several of those couples now come to our parties, though not necessarily all of them.

I don't think having a large number of certs means anything other than you've met and gotten to know a lot of people who took the time to certify you as genuine. Obviously not everyone we've met has certified us - and by the same token I doubt anyone here has certified everyone they've met.

To me a certification is just another tool at my disposal when I'm browsing through profiles.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Vespertine
      I am interested to see how important people think the certification feature is.

I don't feel comfortable with the certification features. I would be more comfortable if the certifications could be left anonymously.

I like knowing a couple is for real, that's the best part of the certifications. My greatest peeve with it is that everyone else can see who you've met.

I don't like that.

Who I've met is my business and I don't feel comfortable making it public knowledge. It's all very indiscreet.

I've actually declined meeting a couple because of their certifications. I didn't find one (or several) of the couples that certified them to be desirable. Not in the sexual sense, but in a sense that they appeared to be a couple I wouldn't even want to stand in line with at the post office. It makes the couple "guilty by association", IMO.

Do you think the quality of couples that have certified a potential couple make a difference to you?
    • By Fours Company
      We have an ad on SLS and while the profile itself generates once-a-blue-moon contacts, we find the event functions useful, though the forum can't hold a candle to the one here. Anyway, we've noticed a general scorn (some bordering on elitist) for unpaid members and/or those without Certs in the forums there equating them with not "real" people or fakes and noticed some choose to block their entire profile existence from them. We signed up free to test the waters there and will likely stay that way. Call us cheap but we do have other financial obligations and based upon the low response and high number of game players (all paid members by the way) so far we can't see how having that paid member badge will increase one and decrease the other especially when those people who might contact us who otherwise would not when we were free would likely not be worth our time for that same reason.

Just curious if there are any other free members here who noticed the same thing or if you are a paid member choose not to contact or deal with free members.
    • By SW_PA_Couple
      We recently received an SLS message from a person whom my wife met briefly about a year ago. The meeting was a one-hour sit-down lunch that happened while he was passing through town. Now he's all over us like smell on you-know-what that he deserves an SLS certification. We replied using a diplomatic "no" but that has not stopped him. "You do not know what it is like to be a single male at SLS who has no certifications." Well, this might be a fair observation. Neither of us really knows what that might be like. But we think that a one-hour meeting is nowhere near enough time to evaluate a person's temperament or suitability that might make him recommendable to other SLS members.

So, what are your criteria for offering an SLS "certification"?
    • By njbm
      We have 29 certs over the course of nearly four years. We find the comments complimentary and nice recommendations. But do we look too slutty? Are we intimidating the less outgoing? We have received a few snide remarks. An overly certed couple who we play with have been deleting older certs to keep their numbers down. Thoughts?
    • By sharingcouple123
      We recently met a new couple on an LS site.  We had a great time with dinner and drinks.  They invited us back to their house for play.  We ASSUMED they enjoyed their time as much as we did because they mentioned us staying at their house next time.  We sent them a lovely KIK message thanking them for the evening, and they replied.

We provided a kind validation to their account, and noticed they had approved that validation.  Well, we are 48 hours away from them accepting our validation and not returning the favor.  We have taken this as they DID NOT enjoy their time enough with us.  

We feel this is rude.  We are assuming they are trying to send us a non verbal message to us of "we did not have a good time and wouldn't repeat."  Are we taking this wrong?      

We have no intention of discussing this with them because we don't want to create drama or an awkward situation.   We feel like even if we didn't want to repeat with a couple we would still return the favor of a kind validation.