Chris&Amelia

Having a vasectomy, what should I expect?

I'm going to print this thread out for Mr. Vespertine.

He is in dire need of a vasectomy... he's been hesitant because of his fears. This is a good thread. :D

He's welcome to email or PM me if he wants to talk or ask anything about it.

Indeed, teh internets have everything... :lol:

-B

"Ronco also plans to offer incentives such as a free "Pocket Fisherman" with every kit purchased."

I'm so going to order the Sperminator.

Day two. No pain or discomfort at all ! I have a strange sensation when I cum ( not bad, just strange). If this sensation does not go away it would be fine. I have been taking Advil per the Doc, but will stop that today. The only annoying thing is the stitches, they get caught on my underwear. Only 58 to go.....

I have a strange sensation when I cum ( not bad, just strange).

I'm curious. What does the sensation feel like?

Day two. No pain or discomfort at all ! I have a strange sensation when I cum ( not bad, just strange). If this sensation does not go away it would be fine. I have been taking Advil per the Doc, but will stop that today. The only annoying thing is the stitches, they get caught on my underwear. Only 58 to go.....

I'm surprised to here you are exercising it already, my doctor made me wait 5 days.

I'm surprised to here you are exercising it already, my doctor made me wait 5 days.

Uh, yeah, mine too. Be careful man, you're talkin' tender package. In the words of the dad on "A Christmas Story" ...... "it must be Italian, see here, it says fraaajeeeleeey " :lol:

Goodtimes.....I think your doc was from the old school :lol:

When I had mine done about 8 years ago, he said to start back at it as soon as I was ready :eek: Had to make sure it was still workin' the next day. :D

Brett

The best way to describe the feeling is that it feels like a small amount of pressure build up in the base of my penis as I smart to cum. I am actually hoping the sensation does not go away. 57 to go!

Almost a year now, I used the ice packs, and only Tylenol. It's been great. I shoot blanks but my aim is better. Sex seems 100x better, wish I had done it sooner. Good Luck.

almost a year now, I used the ice packs, and only Tylenol. It has been great. I shoot blanks but my aim is better. Sex seems 100x better, wish I had done it sooner. Good Luck.

OH YES INDEEDY IT IS SOOOOO MUCH BETTER. No fears, no dangers. My husband at the time got it and then we got it on non-stop!!!!

He was very very glad. Blue balls for a couple of days, but was always one to get back to things asap.

I had one done about three years ago. And it was not a big deal, the only prob with mine was when i looked up and saw smoke coming up cause they burned the ends nows. But other then that no prob. Was back to work on Monday. They also gave me two Valiums to help with the nervous part or it. But it was fine, no prob.

The best way to describe the feeling is that it feels like a small amount of pressure build up in the base of my penis as I smart to cum. I am actually hoping the sensation does not go away. 57 to go!

A month has passed.

Is the sensation still there?

The sensation is slowly going away. I passed my first semen test, woohoo! One more test next month then I am free!!!!

This thread is a bit old but I thought I would add my story for those guys on the fence.

I had mine done about 7 years ago or so and it falls into the no big deal category. I actually drove myself to the appointment on a Friday afternoon and then drove myself home afterwards, in a manual transmission no less.

I then got up the next day and went to my daughters soccer game to coach the girls. :D Really this was no big deal, the only problem that I had was that I got a little excited during the soccer game and tried to run just a little faster down the sideline than I was physically ready for...

-Van

I went for my second sperm semen test and......... :) Happy Day no sperm noted. Nine weeks from the date of my Vasectomy all clear.

Guest Pinmonkey

I love this board. I was thinking of starting a thread asking what other's experiences were with this, but then decided to do a search. I'm feeling a little better about the procedure now.

Out of curiosity, has anyone had a vasectomy and then found out his wife was pregnant.

I'm curious because a guy I know had this happen to him recently. I think his wife was fucking around on him.

Would appreciate feedback.

Out of curiosity, has anyone had a vasectomy and then found out his wife was pregnant. I'm curious because a guy I know had this happen to him recently. I think his wife was fucking around on him. Would appreciate feedback.

Question is how long ago did he have it done cause it does take some time for the male to be shooting blanks. Friend had it done and 4 months later found out he fathered another child.

Nope not for me. I can no longer have kids due to a medical problem I had in the army after my second child was born. I guess you can call it a natural vasectomy by unnatural causes. Thank God everything still works, it just takes a little while to put it away.

Must've been 20 odd years ago for me. Eeeks, maybe 25; jeez I'm getting old. Anyway, the shot was pretty rough and I held my tallywhacker out of the way so he could make the incisions. When he clamped the tube(s) it felt like I had been kicked in the doodads. All in all not the best of experiences but I'd do it all again as the rewards were well worth it. Just like Close-Up toothpaste... takes the worry out of being close.

Guest Pinmonkey
My friend had it done about 5 years ago.

There are instances where the vasectomy reverses itself, but I've read that is in the neighborhood of 1 and 1000. He could always take a sample in and have a urologist check it to see if there are any little swimmers present.

My husband had his done 4 years ago when our 3rd child was an infant. For him, it was very easy, and he was back to work on Monday (Friday vasectomy). We were back to sex on Tuesday, if I recall. Now that we're in the lifestyle, I wish I had gotten a tubal also, while I was already "on the table" for the c-section, but we're business owners and therefore self insured, so I never went back after the fact to have it done. I still may someday, because I don't want to be on the pill "forever", but don't want to have a condom as the only birth control when it comes to partners.

Had mine done 14 years ago a month after our youngest was born. A little discomfort but being self employed, had to go back to work the next afternoon (Friday). Waddle around a little bit, but no big deal. Saturday even better, not much waddle. Sunday morning wake up with a woody. Not real comfortable, but thought of my mother in law and it went away real quick. About noon my oldest son (3 years, 40 pounds) is feeling ignored and wants to sit on my lap. Runs up to me, places left hand on my left knee, grabs my crotch with his right hand and hoists himself onto my leg. He actually grabbed my nuts when he did this! At that point the nuts swelled up to the size of oranges, and turned purple. They stayed that way for about a week. I can laugh now that I no longer cry from the pain. Story told. I am damned glad we had it done. The wife recently got "fixed" also, just to be double sure. On the other subject: Yes the big V does repair itself on occasion. I have know two couples who had an additional child after the Vas. In both cases the husband jerked in jar, and were no longer shooting blank. These were both after 5 years.

Too add a bit to the body repairing itself: tubals are not always guaranteed either. I found that one out the hard way after about 5 years as well. The doctor wasn't able to confirm totally without cutting me open...but we now work under the assumption that I am able to get pregnant.

Jeff was snipped a little over a year ago. Some discomfort/inability in walking around the apt that first night. But by the second day was better (and feeling frisky enough to try to make sure everything was still in working order). But he paid for that later in the evening and the next day with increased tenderness in the area. He was back to work on Monday after a Wednesday procedure (even then because of the type of work he does, he was not comfortable and probably because of the sexual activity prolonged the healing period).

I had mine about 10 years ago, and wish I would've gotten it done when I was 16, LOL. I was pretty much healed up within a couple of days, and the only part that was even mildly disconcerting was when the doc reached in with his iron hook and yanked the plumbing out before the anesthetic had entirely kicked in. When I let out a loud GULP sound and my eyes rolled back in my head he decided he'd better wait a few more minutes. When he went back to work I didn't feel a thing. The only sexual side effect that I've experienced is the fact that my wife now insists that I shoot every load as deep inside her as I can reach instead of pulling out and letting it go here there or wherever, but I'm not complaining. ;)

and the only part that was even mildly disconcerting was when the doc reached in with his iron hook and yanked the plumbing out before the anesthetic had entirely kicked in.

If that's your idea of "mildly disconcerting", I'm not sure I want to know what you consider to be worse. :eek:

In 1980, I have mine done. Both daughters were born, and I didn't need to pay for more than two complete college educations.

My wife was totally for it, until after the procedure. Seems she wanted to be "With Child" for at least three more times. We did get a divorce. But that has not caused me to feel any major guilt. In the years since then, I have been very happy to say "Clean, Disease free and SAFE' to each and every partner and friend I have known.

My current wife is also "Safe" and we play with close friends who we trust without any worries.

Best thing to ever happen.

I had it done over 17 years ago, the procedure was fine. Only problem the attending nurse had scars where she had slit her wrists. As she was shaving my sack I was hoping she wouldn't flip out. The stitches were painful. All in all it was well worth minor discomfort. When the wife and I got back into action she thought it didn't work as there was still cum.

You got the full service treatment. I was told to shave my own sack before I showed up.

But then again, the nurse at the clinic was more akin to Nurse Ratchet...

I had a vasectomy in 2006 and was in pain for about four days. They do hurt from time to time but it was still worth it.

I got a vas back in January and it's the best thing I ever did! I knew I never wanted the responsibility of bringing a life into this world, and we had waaaaaaay too many "close calls". I was a nervous wreck! But after it was done (only took about 15-20 minutes) I was back in the sack in about 7 days. It's different for everyone, but I felt ZERO pain. Only had a tiny bruise about the size of a small pencil eraser. Now I have no scar either and can go bareback all the time! It's a feeling of freedom.

The downside--- Mentally it's a little different because as much as i don't want kids it was still kinda a mental rush to know you COULD impregnate her, don't know why but the thought of that danger felt kinda good.

Not to worry most people because for many people it goes well without any problems but mine wasn’t as easy.

The procedure was ok but the Doc didn't exactly seem to be a nice guy. I was planning on being off work for 1-2 days then go back. I extended that when the bruising got bad it was black and blue all over the sack and more.

That is when it got bad swelling started from a bleeder somewhere in there. It stopped but by day 5 I had what was basically a cantaloupe between my knees. I spent the next week on my back with 2-3 pillows under my butt to help drain it (think inverted U).

The pain dropped to a manageable level shortly after but it took 3-6 months for the pain to really end.

Looking at the odds my problem was a 1 in 1000 to 1 in 5000 chance but given the choice between me or the wife getting cut, it is no option. No one has ever died from a vasectomy.

On a different note the wife and I did get a laugh later from looking up the Doc's education (University Of Baghdad).

I had mine done 5 years ago after our 4th child.

It wasn't horribly painful, but a bit disconcerting since I could smell the tubes being sealed/burnt and it really felt like the doctor was pulling the tubes out of my guts like spaghetti.

I didn't take any meds afterwards (my pain tolerance is pretty good and I don't like the restriction with narcs). It was a bit uncomfortable for a few days, although that didn't stop me from wanting some action the next day.

For a few months after it was still quite sensitive in the spot on the lower end of the balls where the tubes were cut, especially if it was bumped.

Best $200 I ever spent, insurance didn't cover it back then. Had it done on a Friday, sat on a ice pack all weekend, back to work on Monday. Had to hold my balls to keep them from slapping during sex for a couple months afterwards.

Had mine done back in the 70's, shortly after the birth of our son. We decided that he was enough and I sure didn't mind the slight problem for a day or so. My doc ran a second check after 6 weeks to make sure it worked and my wife wouldn't let me near her until I got the all clear. Never an issue after that. Very glad that I did it.

I am so surprised that Dave didn't respond to this thread. :D

Dave had is vas 2 weeks before our last child was born. That was over 20 years ago. I don't remember him being in any real pain or having problems from it. He had it on a Friday I believe and he kept a cold 6 pack between his legs for the weekend and went back to work on Monday.

I remember when I was in labor, he went over to the doc to get stitches out. I don't remember having much sympathy for him since epidurals were a thing of the future and I knew I was going to be in so much more pain than he could even imagine. Mmwwaaahhh.

Had one done recently. Essentially the procedure is now done suture-less. It's minimally invasive and only takes a brief amount of time. Samples of ejaculate are submitted at three and six months to give the 'all clear'. Bag of frozen peas for a few days and light duty for about ten days.

It was neither a burden , nor a cakewalk. I can describe the experience like this: See mule. Stand behind mule. Taunt mule. Wait for the inevitable.

I had a vasectomy done in 2003. It cost around $1,000 at the final tally. I had a good doctor. I believe it was money well spent. There were no complications at the time, and I've had no problems since, and no noticeable difference in "performance". :">

If you use a good doctor (Urologist), and follow their instructions, I believe the procedure is a really good idea (if the end result desired is worry free of new people arrival). It is way safer, typically less risky, and generally more bulletproof for a guy to do this, than for a woman to get fixed. (Way less expensive and traumatic too.)

It has been a while, but as I recall there were three office visits. One a counseling session, where the main question from the Doc was: "Are you sure?", then the procedure, then a follow-up (the sperm count check). For the final check, wait the time they tell you, or a bit longer. My GF at the time was impatient, which resulted in an even longer wait, and extra cost for a 2nd count check. :-(

The procedure itself was quite simple and painless. I had a really experienced doctor. From the time I walked into the office to waddling out (just kidding) was about 45min. I guess. I did get a ride home, but the effects of the anesthetic were no big deal. As someone else mentioned, the most pain then as I recall was getting the anesthetic. Two tiny incisions, a slight tugging, a few quick sutures, bada-bing, bada-boom, you're done! The Doc had a sense of humor about it. And it seemed a bit surreal how he and his female assistant had a casual conversation with my goods hanging out of this paper sheet as they worked. :-))

The sutures healed unevenly. One bled a bit more than the other in the hours that followed (which seemed like a problem at the time), but that one healed faster! The one that stayed tight got a bit funky looking, but I followed my Doc's instructions to the letter, and all was well. The initial pain and swelling was not all that severe, but there is some discomfort for a day or two... so plan to take it easy, to be sure that it takes properly. (No 100 mile bike rides, etc.) You absolutely want it to work right the 1st time! As I recall (as per instructions) my GF helped me remove the sutures.

Now... There are no scars to speak of, and everything seems perfectly normal. If this is something that you are considering, I'd recommend it for sure.

Be Well... Have Fun!

:-)

After a short discussion with my then gf of a couple of months I went under the knife... the doc took a small piece of what looked like uncooked spaghetti out, cauterized, and stitched me up.

It hurt for several days (couple of weeks?) - I was walking gingerly.

The first time I brought myself to clear the pipes things were bloody (laundry detergent works fine!), surprisingly so in fact.

One difference post-vasectomy is that I can take more pressure there when things get hot and heavy between my wife (mentioned above as 'then gf'). So she gets it harder and deeper! No regrets, and no condoms between her & me :)

I will preface this by admitting that I'm a wuss. I do not like pain. The procedure is quick and relatively painless but select a practitioner of the no-scalpel technique. But for recovery I have three words

Vi Co Din.

and ice