What's your Myers-Briggs Personality Type?  

645 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Myers-Briggs Personality Type?

• ENFP
    • INFP
    • ENFJ
    • INFJ
    • ENTP
    • INTP
    • ENTJ
    • INTJ
    • ESTP
    • ISTP
    • ESFP
    • ISFP
    • ESTJ
    • ISTJ
    • ESFJ
    • ISFJ

Some stats on the individual parts of the personality type of Lifestyle people compared with the general public.

The most common personality type in the Lifestyle is INTJ at 16.9%

The least common personality type in general is INTJ at 1.1%

(yes, the same type that's most common in the lifestyle)

That's the part that stands out as meaningful for me, and yes, I'm an INTJ. I read up on Jungian personality theory and several variations back in the late '80s. At first, I thought it was all a fun parlor game something like the horoscopes in the newspaper. The more I tested Jung's concepts, the more I believed they were valid and useful. I also think it's rare to see a gaggle of INTJs other than maybe at a Mensa meeting.

...I also think it's rare to see a gaggle of INTJs other than maybe at a Mensa meeting.

It does seem like the lifestyle attracts more Kiersey "Rationals" than would be typical of general society.

I wonder about the correlation of IQ and swinging as well. I suspect that high IQ may well correlate since with high IQ tends to come a tendency to analyze societal rules and avoid the ones that are both damaging and irrational.

"Sperm Wars" tends to show that we're hard wired (both men and women) not to be sexually tied to a single partner and that both mongamy (both monoandry and monogyny) and the "love fetish" (love is a necessary condition for sex) are social constructs that fit the class of rules that are true of both conditions.

A quarter of the way into 2008, we're now at:

The results in a general society are:

Artisan - 40%

Guardian - 35%

Idealist - 15%

Rational - 10%

Here we're showing:

Artisan - 9%

Guardian - 22%

Idealist - 31%

Rational - 38%

Even the slight changes show reflect rounding more than a real change.

It seems like it's pretty safe now to say that (at least on Swingers Board), Lifestyle people are drastically different from the general population in more ways than might be obvious.

ESFJ

Extraverted 56%

Sensing 25%

Feeling 50%

Judging 78%

Of course, I'm the total opposite of Mr. Sweet, lol

Your Type is

INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

Strength of the preferences %

39 56 12 11

People are all different personality types, but it has been generally agreed and accepted in the Scientific Community that Myers - Briggs is pure schlock. Maybe something to talk about at a social event or cocktail party, but nothing to do with real measurable make up of a person.

You can google "myers briggs" and get some reviews.

People are all different personality types, but it has been generally agreed and accepted in the Scientific Community that Myers - Briggs is pure schlock.

Actually, nothing in psychology or psychiatry is "agreed and accepted" even as science by the "Scientific Community". It's a soft science that doesn't allow for controlled, repeatable experiments. That's the nature of the social sciences.

Now, if you care to explain what the "generally agreed and accepted" definition is of "the Scientific Community", I'd be happy to peer review your work. Please be sure it includes proper double blind studies if it is not duplicatable in lab conditions or includes the detailed experiment description for repeating the experiments if it is proper lab work.

(Don't forget to include the statistical values for error and methodology used when submitting your data.)

:)

ENFJ here

Extraverted 78%

Intuitive 75%

Feeling 50%

Judging 67%

The Mrs. (N8ture Girl) says this fits me to a "T". Incidentaly, she is an ESFJ

Extraverted 1%

Sensing 1%

Feeling 38%

Judging 1%

fun!

ENTP

# very expressed extravert (89%)

# slightly expressed intuitive personality (12%)

# slightly expressed thinking personality (12%)

# moderately expressed perceiving personality (33%)

i end up taking this every couple years. it used to jump around on me, but the last few have said entp, so my personality is evidently settling out, lol. E is the only thing that is always certain! :)

Your Type is

ENFJ

Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

67 62 25 44

* distinctively expressed extravert

* distinctively expressed intuitive personality

* moderately expressed feeling personality

* moderately expressed judging personality

Has anybody taken the profile exam after a significant time period? When I last took it, I was an ENFJ. It would be interested to see if that changed.

I took a test ages ago and was a solid intravert. My career brought me out I think. I have a ton of insecurities, but I really am an extravert at heart. As is often the case with men (unfortunately?), material success helped me gain confidence there was no way I'd have gained otherwise and allowed the true me to come out.

Your Type is

INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

33 12 38 44

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner", Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

Women and Romance PT.III

Rational Women

By DrLovegood on 01-10-2008

Rational women tend to be late bloomers on the dating scene. They are sometimes unaware of or don’t wish to follow cultural norms which dictate what is considered feminine. As they get older, men often appreciate their logic and general lack of emotional outbursts, along with the fact that Rational women tend to clearly state what they think and want.

Your Type is ISFJ

Introverted 11

Sensing 31

Feeling 38

Judging 11

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

slightly expressed introvert

moderately expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed judging personality

Lots of us INTJ's around it seems

In the general population, INTJs make up about 1% of the population.

Here, they are almost 17%.

INTJs are both the rarest type in the general population and the most common type on this website.

ENFP is mine :D

moderately expressed extravert

slightly expressed intuitive personality

distinctively expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

Just catching up with this. Mrs.fun, will be along soon.

I'm an ENFJ

Cool, I looked over all the posts and feel quite comfortable with the group I'm in.

INTJ

Introverted 44

Intuitive 25

Thinking 12

Judging 44

# moderately expressed introvert

# moderately expressed intuitive personality

# slightly expressed thinking personality

# moderately expressed judging personality

I'm ENFJ also

I think that could be because I'm in a good mood today.

Hmmm interesting...

Mine says:

Your Type is

ESFJ

Extraverted (1) Sensing (50) Feeling (75) Judging (1)

Guest warrencouple

I've done these before, not for work, so I'm not surprised by where I seem to fall on this...

INTJ

78% Introverted

25% Intuitive

50% Thinking

1% Judging

You are:

* very expressed introvert

* moderately expressed intuitive personality

* moderately expressed thinking personality

* slightly expressed judging personality

The introvert part really fits, well.

For the record:

ENTJ

Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

11 25 19 1

E

You are:

* slightly expressed extravert

* slightly expressed thinking personality

* slightly expressed judging personality

ISTP

Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

11% 50% 38% 11%

Slightly expressed introvert

Moderately expressed sensing personality

Moderately expressed thinking personality

Slightly expressed perceiving personality

Seems I am 1 of only 5 ISTPers...

ISTP

Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

11% 50% 38% 11%

Slightly expressed introvert

Moderately expressed sensing personality

Moderately expressed thinking personality

Slightly expressed perceiving personality

Wanted to re-post under the new SN.

Guest warrencouple

You know, skimming threads, I came across this. The fact that (from the relatively small sample here) a good portion of lifestylers / swingers are type "I" (introverted) got me thinking.

Is it because, something like swinging is a way for people that are not "people persons" to "let their hair down?" Let them cut loose in a way that they wouldn't otherwise? Further, do people who start out in swinging perhaps become less introverted over time?

warrencouple

A factor I suspect is involved is that the most common personality types in general society have general society pretty much tailored to what succeeds for them. When something succeeds for you, there's less tendency to think through whether it's a good system.

Considering that on the N/S axis the general population is 3/4ths S that means that N types will be the ones questioning rules designed to make life easier for the S type. As such, you'd expect to see a disproportionate number of "N" types in the Lifestyle and you do. Instead of 75:25, in the Lifestyle it's the other way at 30:70.

Similarly, the E/I axis is also 3/4ths E and 1/4th I so you'd expect a similarly disproportionatly high number of "I"s in the lifestyle. And where the E:I ratio in general society is 75:25, in the Lifestyle it's 48:52.

Combine those two and where the 4 INxx subtypes combined are about 6.2% in society in general, here they're 36%.

As for the part about becoming less introverted over time, remember that the terms used in personality theory by scientists such as Isabel Myers and David Keirsey don't have the same meaning as they do in general speech so it's less about how outgoing you are and more about how you respond to groups of people.

Guest warrencouple
MB1991 said:
As for the part about becoming less introverted over time, remember that the terms used in personality theory by scientists such as Isabel Myers and David Keirsey don't have the same meaning as they do in general speech so it's less about how outgoing you are and more about how you respond to groups of people.

Yeah, I saw that, maybe a better way to have phrased that might have been that the I types become somewhat more comfortable

Never mind. I just re-read what I had found on this here: Link

Which leads to a new thought. Seeing as I types are described as taking "time to reflect so that I have a clear idea of what I’ll be doing when I decide to act," one could presume that most swingers spent some time with the "is this right for me / use, do I / we want to get into this?" question.

I know myself and the Mrs have...

:)

Your Type is

INFP

Introverted -11%

Intuitive - 12%

Feeling - 25

Perceiving - 22

# slightly expressed introvert

# slightly expressed intuitive personality

# moderately expressed feeling personality

# slightly expressed perceiving personality

My Type

INTP

Introverted 11

Intuitive 50

Thinking 62

Perceiving 22

It said I am:

* slightly expressed introvert

* distinctively expressed thinking personality

* slightly expressed perceiving personality

But what does it all mean? head bang

From what I recall about the Myer's Briggs' test: here's what it means:

I -- Introverted (This means the ways in which you are energized. For example, if you are truly introverted, you enjoy your times alone. It doesn't mean that you don't enjoy socializing or talking with people, it means that being in large groups of people or spending a lot of time talking can be fairly draining, and that you need time alone to recharge your batteries. If you're Extroverted, then you are engergized by being with people.)

I -- Intuitive (this means you think of things in more abstract ways, rather than concrete examples).

T-- Thinking. If you're a thinker type, you tend to use logic and reason rather than rely on feelings. (The "Feeler" type of course, allows their feelings to sway them.

P -- Perceiver. (If you're a perceiver type, you don't enjoy living by a strict schedule. You are more spontaneous. The opposite type, the Judger, tends to be very organized and likes to plan everything.)

I happen to be ENTJ. I dont remember what Mrs. CXXC is. Ill get that tonight.

It looks like the leaders on this board are the INTJ and ENTJ. What do you think that says about us as a group?

I test our as ENFJ

22 # slightly expressed extravert

50 # moderately expressed intuitive personality

25 # moderately expressed feeling personality

56 # moderately expressed judging personality

How did I wander into an activity populated with all these INTJ's???

Accidently met someone, had a strong hunch it would be fun, hmmm... it felt good... whats to decide?? LOL!

INTJ

introverted 56

Intuitive 25

Thinking 12

Judging 44

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality

LMFAO!!!!!! So this is a pretty good test...

No surpise here for what I am:

Mr. Allnight:

Your Type is

ENTJ

Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

83 19 31 67

You are:

very expressed extravert- Very true drop me into a room with 100 people and I can come out of it telling you something about most everyone in the room

slightly expressed intuitive personality- Well my parents always said I had my head in the clouds and I have always loved the abstract

moderately expressed thinking personality- Spot on again

distinctively expressed judging personality- Mrs. Allnight says most definitely on this one, lets see I am a neat freak, extremely decisive, and am definitely the type to go down with the ship. Damn the Icebergs, Full Steam ahead as my family loves to tease me. But things in this area that totally dont fit me are I am very spontaneous and care free and enjoy surprises

Fieldmarshal is the type description according to Kiersky

Interesting highlights from MB personality type descriptions

The Sixteen Myers-Briggs Types

Living

They seek power and control. They want to have an impact. Because of their desire to take charge, they are often leaders.

They pursue leadership roles very directly and have difficulty following others unless those individuals demonstrate more competence than they themselves have.- Umm seeings how I have spent 2/3 of my life since 16 self employed I would say pretty accurate

They may find retirement unsettling- I have to have something to do some sort of basic structure as much as it drives Mrs. Allnight nuts I will probably be running a farm in retirement

Learning and working:

They want to change things to fit their concept of what should be.

ENTJs like to debate and view problems from all sides. They are comfortable critiquing and analyzing. and do not mind intellectual conflict in the classroom. They like challenge.- I love to have a good intellectual debate be it in the classroom or at the family dinner table if need be (Long story just say judgemental family members got me started and some education came down the line that night and said family members no longer hold same views they did prior to that night)

Their sense of identity is closely tied to how they carry out their responsibilities.

Loving:

They often wonder if they can 'win the heart' of the attractive other. -Umm lets see I have known Mrs Allnight since she was 9 and I couldn't work up the balls to talk to her until 7 years later because I was just certain there was no way she would go for me

They may not be as verbally communicative of their loving feelings as others types. - This is one area where swinging has made a MAJOR change in my life for the postive in that because of it I have learned how to be much more expressive verbally about my feeling of love for my wife and my family whereas before becoming involved in the LS I was not that way.

The other two main points it lists in this section for my personality type are completely the opposite of me and in no way remotely resemble me but nothing is 100% right all the time.

Will have to have the Mrs test when she gets home tonight then we will post hers.

INTJ here

MB1991: I'd like to qualify your definition of the statistical population.

As you said, there's a lot of self-selection, and I agree that the first self-selection is that we're swingers. The second one is that we're active forum posters, which implies certain familiarity with technology and bias towards the written word.

Therefore, it doesn't surprise me that there are a lot of INTJs here, but I don't think that it is representative of the swinging community in general, more like the text-based online swinging community.

I wonder what numbers would come out if you did the math for the whole AFF membership.

• Like 1

As you said, there's a lot of self-selection, and I agree that the first self-selection is that we're swingers. The second one is that we're active forum posters, which implies certain familiarity with technology and bias towards the written word.

Yup, self report + selected sample = worthless for extrapolation to the greater popualtion. On par with those polls they run on local news programs. Still fun to do and look at though :D!

WonderWhat,

From what I've seen the self-selection bias tends toward decreasing the number of Kiersey Artisans since they tend to avoid taking this type of test more than the other three major types. From that factor there should be an increase in all three other types proportional to their general population percentage. That is not the case. The proportion of Kiersey Guardians is also vastly lower than in the general population and while INTJs show up much more than other subtypes, you'll note that the proportion of Kiersey Idealists does not show even close to the change in Kiersey Rationals.

Kiersey Artisans are about 40% of the general population

Kiersey Guardians are about 35% of the general population

Kiersey Idealists are about 16% of the general population

Kiersey Rationals are about 9% of the general population

Even if we removed the Artisans in total and did a thought experiment to carry that self-selection correction to the reduction ad absurdum limit

We'd get Kiersey Artisans as 0% (no surprise since zeroing that out was what we did for the thought experiment)

We'd expect Kiersey Guardians as about 58% but we get 23% (less than half of what we'd expect)

We'd expect Kiersey Idealists as about 26% but we get 32% (A bit too high)

We'd expect Kiersey Rationals as about 16% but we get 45% (Almost triple what we'd expect)

Even carrying the correction for Artisan self-selection to the ultimate extreme, the proportion between Guardians and Rationals is still wildly disproportionate.

I think it really does come down to multiple factors including the optimization of general society for its most common members and a resulting disproportionate increase in those whose needs are less catered to by the general society when looking at non-mainstream societies combined with certain personality factors being more accepting of violating societal norms.

There's certainly some bias in any self-selecting survey but there's also certainly much more going on here than self-selection error.

I'd say we don't have as much a case of self-selection error in the data as we have self-selection of the lifestyle by the groups most likely to need it and most likely to tolerate it as a solution to that need but that is just my speculation and not actual data.

Just took this after a wild, fun swinging New Years vacation...I took this years ago and was an INTJ then, still an INTJ based on this. My wife is and ESFP. Have to say felt the descriptions were fairly representative. We took this a while ago and both were the same result...

Your Type (Husband) is: INTJ

Introverted: 22 Intuitive: 88 Thinking: 12 Judging: 44

You are:

* slightly expressed introvert

* very expressed intuitive personality

* slightly expressed thinking personality

* moderately expressed judging personality

Your (wife) Type is: ESFP

Extraverted: 100 Sensing: 62 Feeling: 62 Perceiving: 78

You are:

* very expressed extravert

* distinctively expressed sensing personality

* distinctively expressed feeling personality

* very expressed perceiving personality

This survey did, kind of, hit my personality on the head...

Am the quiet type, until feeling invited to the action...

Like to sit on the outside of the circle, until the action draws me in...

Once in the action, you can't get me out of it..

Don't ever dare me to perform a table dance in midst of strangers..

You would be surprised at what can occur with a little friendly persuasion.

Introverted 67

Sensing 12

Thinking 1

Judging 1

You are:

distinctively expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed judging personality

I took this for the third time. Each time I come up with a different score.

First time in 2005 I tested ESFJ.

Second time in 2007 I tested ENFP.

Today I tested INFJ.

Introverted 44%

Intuitive 25%

Feeling 38%

Judging 44%

- moderately expressed introvert

- moderately expressed intuitive personality

- moderately expressed feeling personality

- moderately expressed judging personality

Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging as described by Joe Butt

I've taken this 3 times, twice during employment, and once on-line, all 3 times I come back ENTJ. Must be so! First time I took it, the company even gave us lapel pins, which I still have. Mac

Not sure if I've done this before, but I'm

ISFJ

Introverted 67

Sensing 1

Feeling 88

Judging 1

Which makes me a guardian.

INTJ with this test. Which matches those I have taken in the past for the most part. INJ have always been borderline with T being dominant.

Guess I am at home in this crowd.