What's your Myers-Briggs Personality Type?  

645 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Myers-Briggs Personality Type?

• ENFP
    • INFP
    • ENFJ
    • INFJ
    • ENTP
    • INTP
    • ENTJ
    • INTJ
    • ESTP
    • ISTP
    • ESFP
    • ISFP
    • ESTJ
    • ISTJ
    • ESFJ
    • ISFJ

Your Type is

ENFJ

Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

Strength of the preferences %

67 12 88 44

The Idealists called Teachers are abstract in their thought and speech, cooperative in their style of achieving goals, and directive and extraverted in their interpersonal relations. Learning in the young has to be beckoned forth, teased out from its hiding place, or, as suggested by the word "education," it has to be "educed." by an individual with educative capabilities. Such a one is the eNFj, thus rightly called the educative mentor or Teacher for short. The Teacher is especially capable of educing or calling forth those inner potentials each learner possesses. Even as children the Teachers may attract a gathering of other children ready to follow their lead in play or work. And they lead without seeming to do so.

Teachers expect the very best of those around them, and this expectation, usually expressed as enthusiastic encouragement, motivates action in others and the desire to live up to their expectations. Teachers have the charming characteristic of taking for granted that their expectations will be met, their implicit commands obeyed, never doubting that people will want to do what they suggest. And, more often than not, people do, because this type has extraordinary charisma.

The Teachers are found in no more than 2 or 3 percent of the population. They like to have things settled and arranged. They prefer to plan both work and social engagements ahead of time and tend to be absolutely reliable in honoring these commitments. At the same time, Teachers are very much at home in complex situations which require the juggling of much data with little pre-planning. An experienced Teacher group leader can dream up, effortlessly, and almost endlessly, activities for groups to engage in, and stimulating roles for members of the group to play. In some Teachers, inspired by the responsiveness of their students or followers, this can amount to genius which other types find hard to emulate. Such ability to preside without planning reminds us somewhat of an Provider, but the latter acts more as a master of ceremonies than as a leader of groups. Providers are natural hosts and hostesses, making sure that each guest is well looked after at social gatherings, or that the right things are expressed on traditional occasions, such as weddings, funerals, graduations, and the like. In much the same way, Teachers value harmonious human relations about all else, can handle people with charm and concern, and are usually popular wherever they are. But Teachers are not so much social as educational leaders, interested primarily in the personal growth and development of others, and less in attending to their social needs.

[ENFP] [iNFP] [ENFJ] [iNFJ] [ESTJ] [iSTJ] [ESFJ] [iSFJ]

[ENTP] [iNTP] [ENTJ] [iNTJ] [ESTP] [iSTP] [ESFP] [iSFP]

Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging

by Joe Butt

Profile: ENFJ

Revision: 3.0

Date of Revision: 23 Feb 2005

ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.

TRADEMARK: "The first shall be last"

This refers to the open-door policy of ENFJs. One ENFJ colleague always welcomes me into his office regardless of his own circumstances. If another person comes to the door, he allows them to interrupt our conversation with their need. While discussing that need, the phone rings and he stops to answer it. Others drop in with a 'quick question.' I finally get up, go to my office and use the call waiting feature on the telephone. When he hangs up, I have his undivided attention!

Functional Analysis:

Extraverted Feeling

Extraverted Feeling rules the ENFJ's psyche. In the sway of this rational function, these folks are predisposed to closure in matters pertaining to people, and especially on behalf of their beloved. As extraverts, their contacts are wide ranging. Face-to-face relationships are intense, personable and warm, though they may be so infrequently achieved that intimate friendships are rare.

Introverted iNtuition

Like their INFJ cousins, ENFJs are blessed through introverted intuition with clarity of perception in the inner, unconscious world. Dominant Feeling prefers to find the silver lining in even the most beggarly perceptions of those in their expanding circle of friends and, of course, in themselves. In less balanced individuals, such mitigation of the unseemly eventually undermines the ENFJ's integrity and frequently their good name. In healthier individuals, deft use of this awareness of the inner needs and desires of others enables this astute type to win friends, influence people, and avoid compromising entanglements.

The dynamic nature of their intuition moves ENFJs from one project to another with the assurance that the next one will be perfect, or much more nearly so than the last. ENFJs are continually looking for newer and better solutions to benefit their extensive family, staff, or organization.

Extraverted Sensing

Sensing is extraverted. ENFJs can manage details, particularly those necessary to implement the prevailing vision. These data have, however, a magical flexible quality. Something to be bought can be had for a song; the same something is invaluable when it's time to sell. (We are not certain, but we suspect that such is the influence of the primary function.) This wavering of sensory perception is made possible by the weaker and less mature status with which the tertiary is endowed.

Introverted Thinking

Introverted Thinking is least apparent and most enigmatic in this type. In fact, it often appears only when summoned by Feeling. At times only in jest, but in earnest if need be, Thinking entertains as logical only those conclusions which support Feeling's values. Other scenarios can be shown invalid or at best significantly inferior. Such "Thinking in the service of Feeling" has the appearance of logic, but somehow it never quite adds up.

Introverted Thinking is frequently the focus of the spiritual quest of ENFJs. David's lengthiest psalm, 119, pays it homage. "Law," "precept," "commandment," "statute:" these essences of inner thinking are the mysteries of Deity for which this great Feeler's soul searched.

Famous ENFJs:

David, King of Israel

U.S. Presidents:

Abraham Lincoln

Ronald Reagan

William Cullen Bryant, poet

Abraham Maslow, psychologist and proponent of self-actualization

Ross Perot

Sean Connery

Elizabeth Dole

Francois Mitterand

Dick Van Dyke

Andy Griffith

James Garner

William Aramony, former president of United Way

Gene Hackman (Superman, Antz)

Dennis Hopper (Speed)

Brenda Vaccaro

Craig T. Nelson (Coach)

Diane Sawyer (Good Morning America)

Randy Quaid (Bye Bye, Love; Independence Day)

Tommy Lee Jones (The Fugitive)

Kirstie Alley ("Cheers," Look Who's Talking movies)

Michael Jordan, NBA basketball player

Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Caribbean)

Oprah Winfrey

Bob Saget America's Funniest Home Videos, Full House

Julia Louis-Dreyfus ("Seinfeld")

Ben Stiller (The Royal Tenenbaums)

Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts quarterback

Matthew McConaughey (The Wedding Planner)

Pete Sampras, Tennis Champion

Lauren Graham ("Gilmore Girls")

Ben Affleck (The Sum Of All Fears)

John Cusack (High Fidelity)

Your Type is

ISFJ

Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging

67 12 12 44

INTJ.

Nailed me pretty good. I had to think about my personality when I was done and was surprised how well the definition fit! :rolleyes:

It's pretty amazing that INTJ is the most common type here. INTJs in the general population are the rarest type making up only about 1% of the population.

I sent the test on to others and I received INTJ amd ISTJ back from two people in the lifestyle. It appears we flock together! :D

It states that we INTJ's are the Master Minds". Hummm, what can we think up next?

And since my wife is an unreported (in this survey) INTJ that's really getting silly. That makes INTJs 18% of the swinging population and 1.1% of the general population.

INTJs may be the rarest type but they're certainly not the most conventionally inhibited. Based on the best estimates on the number of couples in the Lifestyle, I'd have to guess that a third of all INTJs swing. Perhaps even the majority. For a fairly uncommon "hobby" with so much social stigma, that's nothing short of amazing.

This result is for the female half

Your Type is

ESTJ

Extroverted 100

Sensing 1

Thinking100

Judging44

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

very expressed extrovert

slightly expressed sensing personality

very expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Sometimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped.

One study has shown that ENFPs are significantly overrepresented in psychodrama. Most have a natural propensity for role-playing and acting.

ENFPs like to tell funny stories, especially about their friends. This penchant may be why many are attracted to journalism. I kid one of my ENFP friends that if I want the sixth fleet to know something, I'll just tell him.

ENFPs are global learners. Close enough is satisfactory to the ENFP, which may unnerve more precise thinking types, especially with such things as piano practice ("three quarter notes or four ... what's the difference?") Amazingly, some ENFPs are adept at exacting disciplines such as mathematics.

Friends are what life is about to ENFPs, moreso even than the other NFs. They hold up their end of the relationship, sometimes being victimized by less caring individuals.

Although I haven't taken this particular personality test, a former employer used a similar typed test to determine whether you'd be a good fit for a particular position or not. The results with that sound very similiar to this.

It's eerily correct, I think...

I took the test twice in the '90s and both times I came up ISTJ, and I was almost off the charts on the I, T, and J. Strange for a guy who considers himself "moderate." :) When I read the M-B description of an ISTJ male, though, it was almost eerie how 90+% fit my personality. This wasn't some vague horoscope description, this was me!

Going through the M-B program the first time (when I was in my late 30s) was one of the personality watersheds of my life. I finally had an idea WHY I act like I do, which helped me counteract the aspects of my personality that I am not particularly fond of.

I am an extreme Introvert in a U.S. society which seems to prize Extroverts, and, if I remember correctly, on average more than 70% of Americans are Extroverts. And the percentage of MALE Extroverts is higher. Talk about swimming against the tide... :rolleyes: One of the things I really identified with was that some Introverts don't appear to be shy, but are perceived as arrogant. THAT hurt.

The M-B was one of the things that helped me think of ways to at least appear more extroverted, and it seems to have worked. At vanilla parties and other functions, and at swinger events, when I realize I'm "introverting" I now have an idea of what's happening and I have some methods of counteracting it. Many Extroverts have no idea what I'm talking about -- okay, there are some of you out there that know -- but I'm sure many of you Introverts do. Actually, when I took this test, many of my E co-workers were surprised that I was an extreme I. But it was just that I had already learned how to compensate for some of my I tendencies, and they hadn't recognized that.

One of the interesting points our M-B moderator made was that some people are forever encased in their personality. They don't change. However, others, with events or just time, may even end up in old age as almost opposite of what they were in their youth. ISTJs are rule-following, traditional people. I may never be a true E but I find myself gravitating toward a "freer" lifestyle as I age. Maybe I'm changing, or maybe I just need to know EXACTLY what the rules are, so when I break them, I know I'm breaking them. :hahaha:

Uh...anyone wanna help me extrovert (he asked shyly)? ;):D

(And honestly, for those of you who might be worried about it, in sexual situations I NEVER talk as much as I type here. :lol: )

Just voted Mr. intuition in. He's an ISTJ: Guardian Inspector. The description fits him perfectly.

The most-selected option is the INTJ: Rational Mastermind. From the Kiersey Temperment Sorter website:

All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.

In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Well, all this Myers-Briggs stuff has been a real eye-opener for me. I'm thinking of modifying my personals ad:

"Fit single male ISTJ, HWP, treasures privacy, likes reading, gardening, and long walks on the beach. Seeks extroverted woman in touch with her feelings and needing to bring some spontaneity to a relationship. That or you must have big boobs."

Okay, I'm a little late to this thread, but--

Me: ENTJ

Him: INTP

There were a couple of things I didn't see mentioned when I skimmed over the six pages of posts on this thread. Apologies if I missed them.

1. The terms "Extrovert" and "Introvert" appear to refer to whether a person, by and large, gets energy from being around others or gives up energy by being around others. So an introvert may have no problem with a roomful of people, but feel drained after they've talked to several. An extrovert feels more energized after a party. I am a slightly expressed extrovert-- I love talking to new people and finding out things about them, but at a certain point I just want to go home and shut down.

2. A company I worked for sent a bunch of us to a great M-B seminar. One of the things I learned there is that introverts, as a group, tend to be more territorial. The example our instructor gave was that if you stroll over to an extrovert's desk, pick up a pen and start using it, that's fine with the extrovert. Do the same thing to an introvert and you're likely to get a nasty look and provoke bad feelings. What do the introverts here think of that? Is it true or a load of bull? If it rings true, does that mean that introverts are more disposed toward feelings of jealousy than extroverts? I think this is really interesting, and the relevance to swinging is obvious.

Thanks for any responses.

I am ENFJ, and i'd say I fit the description, altough I would score my J higher because of some questions ambiguities (probabily pertaining to the language barrier since English isn't my born language.

11% Extroverted

62% Intuitive

25% Feeling

22% Judging

- slightly expressed extrovert

- distinctively expressed intuitive personality

- moderately expressed feeling personality

- slightly expressed judging personality

Your Type is

ENFP

Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving

44 12 75 44

You are:

moderately expressed extrovert

slightly expressed intuitive personality

distinctively expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

Thanks for sharing that, it was very interesting and I enjoyed it.

Your Type is

INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

78 50 25 56

You are:

very expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

LOL the Butt's Description of me as a Rational Mastermind made it sound like I should be into World Domination!!

Other than that, though, it was dead on the money. Sometimes unfortunately... I've often wished to be far more extroverted, but it's just too uncomfortable for me. :(

The Fuse said:
2. A company I worked for sent a bunch of us to a great M-B seminar. One of the things I learned there is that introverts, as a group, tend to be more territorial. The example our instructor gave was that if you stroll over to an extrovert's desk, pick up a pen and start using it, that's fine with the extrovert. Do the same thing to an introvert and you're likely to get a nasty look and provoke bad feelings. What do the introverts here think of that? Is it true or a load of bull? If it rings true, does that mean that introverts are more disposed toward feelings of jealousy than extroverts? I think this is really interesting, and the relevance to swinging is obvious.

Thanks for any responses.

OK I know this was old, but I thought it was interesting, so I decided to respond. I'm a severe introvert, however, I'm not the least bit territorial... except maybe about my books :rolleyes: What bothers me the most is when other people invade my space (around myself, not my desk)... so if someone came over to get a pen and leaned over me, I'd be irritated, but it wouldn't be about the pen, it would be about getting too close to me.

On a slightly different angle, I'm really enjoying the idea of going to clubs and parties, but I'm also concerned. I'm not sure how to relax and not be irritated by people getting close... especially if someone cops a feel or something. Would this be a big problem?

Hi MoonShadow:

I have tested as ISTJ for as long as I can remember and I too am not so territorial about possessions, but about space. I have real personal space issues - do not approach/touch/grab/invade gosh darnit! At the office, if you came in to my cube to get a pen, you'll find that I'm doing extreme evasive maneovers to get some space between us. My two best friends at the office, however, are big time E's, complete with a big "touchy" streak. We have a lot of fun with that.

At the club, I'm sure I put off a "personal space" vibe, and as I become familiar with a person, the personal space requirements diminish. For the most part, people seem to respect space and comfort levels. My biggest deal is at times I just need to get away from the crowd and recharge - I find large crowds and talking to a lot of people quite draining. But overall, I find the clubs quite fun.

Cool, thanks for replying :)

Clubbing does sound like a lot of fun... my hubby and I are still in the discussion phase, but hopefully that won't last forever!

I'm exactly the same way, with the diminishing need for personal space as I get to know someone (or with the application of alcohol, lol) and I'm glad to know I'm not alone!

Wow... I've taken this test a handful of times over the last ~15 years or so and Always come up INTJ. I'd done a little reasearch every now and then only to learn I was an odd fish and not like the rest of the people around me (well, d'uh?). Now I find that it's THE most common result in this poll... that blows my mind. Granted, it's a Tiny cross section (29 people), and I doubt it's Truely indicitive of the whole swinging culture... but perhaps this site is someplace that'll hold my attention for more than just a short time.

Wooohooo! :D

Wow... I've taken this test a handful of times over the last ~15 years or so and Always come up INTJ. I'd done a little reasearch every now and then only to learn I was an odd fish and not like the rest of the people around me (well, d'uh?). Now I find that it's THE most common result in this poll... that blows my mind. Granted, it's a Tiny cross section (29 people), and I doubt it's Truely indicitive of the whole swinging culture... but perhaps this site is someplace that'll hold my attention for more than just a short time.

Wooohooo! :D

That's true enough. All it really proves is that the personality types represented here are the type of people on this board who are most likely to take the test and respond to our poll. And this board is a weird little utopian twilight zone in the swinger world, where you'll find people working together almost as an advocacy group promoting others' understanding of the lifestyle. We seem to focus on what the ideal approach to the lifestyle is, and how to do it in a healthy way. Plus we're a nice lot of people,

It would be really interesting to see what the results would be off this board...

ENTJ...

damn, I forgot to write down the individual scores.

Dtrange, 2% of the population, but 15% of the participants that self-selected to report thier type here on the board.

I just ran across this thread, and I love it!

I'm an ENFP - I've known that for 12 years now. Learning of my strengths has been freeing for me. ENFPs can be thought of as a black lab puppy; playful, rambunctious, often silly, and very curious about the world. We really enjoy people, and we love attention. We have a quest for sincerity and a deeper meaning in life, which may be why we're not well represented in this poll. Casual sex may not provide that for us (ENFPs).

Speaking only for me, I enjoy the flirty social aspects of swinging, but I probably won't have sex with any large numbers, but I can certainly see myself involved in the community for a long time.

My husband is an INFP (VERY introverted), and my partner is an INTJ. He's the one who introduced us to the lifestyle, and has been involved for more than 10 years. I'm really quite surprised that those cute little INTJs are so well represented here!

Guest MrsVan

Okay, so I gave in to take this test this morning and actually found the results to be rather interesting. So, here are my results:

I am an ENFJ:

Extroverted-33%

Intuitive- 12%

Feeling- 50%

Judging- 30%

I am:

* moderately expressed extrovert

* slightly expressed intuitive personality

* moderately expressed feeling personality

* moderately expressed judging personality

Some of the questions I struggled with as I was not quite sure I understood what they were asking, but I answered the best way that I thought of for myself. After reading some of the information about my type I would have to say that this is definetly me, except that one description of an ENFJ is a teacher personality(and although I have been asked before if I am a teacher) I am definetly NOT a teacher. ;) I do not think I would have the patience for that.

I am ENFJ

Extroverted 44%

Intuitive 38%

Feeling 62%

Judging 33%

Moderately extrovert

Moderately intuitive

Distinctively feeling

Moderately judging

I am ESFP

very expressed extrovert

distinctively expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

Extroverted 1% Intuitive 12% Feeling 38 % Judging 1%

ENFJ type description by D.Keirsey

ENFJ type description by J. Butt

You are:

* slightly expressed extrovert

* moderately expressed feeling personality

* slightly expressed judging personality

ESFJ is what I am.

You are:

* slightly expressed extrovert (1%)

* moderately expressed sensing personality (25%)

* moderately expressed feeling personality (38%)

* moderately expressed judging personality (44%)

I saw this test and went "oh dear god...not again"...but I couldn't resist. 2 years ago at this exact same time I was ISFJ, which I consider to be a personal improvement on my part, since I wanted to become more social. I actually had to be one of the genuia pigs that my company used to determine what a "great" employee was made of.

ohash01 said:
...ESFJ is what I am...

...2 years ago at this exact same time I was ISFJ, which I consider to be a personal improvement on my part, since I wanted to become more social...

Dissin' the Introverts when you're a marginal case? Anything to be more "social", huh? That's right, turn your back on your own... :D

:lol:

For all of you who knew me a couple years ago, I have changed. :D

I am now a "Champion Idealist."

eNFp

Extroverted 20%

Intuitive 50%

Feeling 25%

Perceiving 11%

You are:

slightly expressed extrovert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

For Champions, nothing occurs which does not have some deep ethical significance, and this, coupled with their uncanny sense of the motivations of others, gives them a talent for seeing life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil.

I feel the need to mention that right now I'm very pregnant with evil possibilities. :hahaha:

I'm INFP

Introverted: 56

Intuitive: 12

Feeling: 12

Perceiving: 22

* moderately expressed introvert

* slightly expressed feeling personality

* slightly expressed perceiving personality

A Healer Idealist

Healer Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in striving for their ends, and informative and introverted in their interpersonal relations. Healer present a seemingly tranquil, and noticiably pleasant face to the world, and though to all appearances they might seem reserved, and even shy, on the inside they are anything but reserved, having a capacity for caring not always found in other types. They care deeply-indeed, passionately-about a few special persons or a favorite cause, and their fervent aim is to bring peace and integrity to their loved ones and the world.

ENTJ

Extroverted 78

Intuitive 38

Thinking 75

Judging 11

I don't have much confindence in this "analysis," but it was fun to take.

BTW, I've never swung. I'm a poser. :)

ENFP

I guess we make up only 3% of the population.

That makes us super special. :lol:

I am a Champion with a silly switch that tends to turn me into "Captain Wild Child". Whatever the heck that means :rolleyes:

I'm ESFP

You are:

* moderately expressed extrovert (44)

* distinctively expressed sensing personality (62)

* slightly expressed feeling personality (12)

* slightly expressed perceiving personality (22)

I took it the other day and was ESFP but the numbers changed this time. Some of those answers can change depending on my mood!!

Sarah

Mine seems to be fairly accurate.

Type is ISFJ

Introverted-22

Sensing-12

Feeling-25

Judging-1

· slightly expressed introvert

· slightly expressed sensing personality

· moderately expressed feeling personality

· slightly expressed judging personality

25 1

INTJ here - perhaps it explains part of my fascination with the lifestyle opportunities.

I think this is a very interresting thread and the results indicate more thought about the correlation could be a good thing. What is it about the lifestyle that appears to attract a disproportionate number of INTJs???

ENFP for me.

Famous ENFPs:

Franz Joseph Haydn

Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)

Will Rogers

Buster Keaton

Theodor "Dr." Seuss Geisel (The Cat in the Hat)

Mickey Rooney

James Dobson ("Focus on the Family")

Andy Rooney

Carol Burnett

Paul Harvey

Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched)

Bill Cosby (Ghost Dad)

Dom Delouise, actor

Dave Thomas, owner of Wendy's hamburger chain

Lewis Grizzard, newspaper columnist

I. King Jordan, president of Gallaudet University

Martin Short, actor-comedian

Meg Ryan, actor (When Harry Met Sally)

Robin Williams, actor, comedian (Dead Poet's Society, Mrs. Doubtfire)

Sandra Bullock, actor (Speed, While You Were Sleeping)

Robert Downey (Heart and Souls)

Alicia Silverstone (Clueless)

Sinbad

Andy Kaufman

Regis Philbin

Fictional:

Dr. Doug Ross (ER)

Balkie (Perfect Strangers)

Ariel (The Little Mermaid)

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Steve Irkle

Hmm. I'm both George Clooney and Steve Irkle!

Here are the results for the male half. I was surprised to see that my perception score was so low. Maybe if I had a dictionary nearby to answer a few of those questions the scores would have been different. Damn smart people.

Your Type is

ISTP

Introverted

Sensing

Thinking

Perceiving

ISTP type description by D.Keirsey

ISTP type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss *

*You are:

very expressed introvert

moderately expressed thinking personality

cubnamy, I totally knew you were an ENFP!

The writing style is a dead giveaway.

Just look at most things written by spoomonkey and prettylady and likeminds.

Enthusiasm, warmth, caring and a big dollop of bubbliness.

I'm an ENFP too - and although I can never find my purse, car keys, and half the time my kids - proud to be one.

... What is it about the lifestyle that appears to attract a disproportionate number of INTJs???

Well, some theories...

Keirsey Rationals (the xNTx types) are disproportionately present in the Lifestyle. (9.5% in the general population and 40.4% here)

Rationals tend to make up their own minds on what is and isn't ethical and don't tend to follow societal trends they find illogical.

Keirsey Artisans (the xSxP types) are disproportionately missing in the Lifestyle. (39.8% in the general population and 9.1% here)

Two possible reasons (and likely a mix of both) come into play.

1) Artisans are the most common type in the general population and general society tends to reflect what they like and dislike already so there's little incentive for them to seek out the fringier subcultures.

2) Artisans tend to avoid taking personality tests so in a self-reporting study they show up as less common than they actually are.

Keirsey Idealists (the xNFx types) are somewhat more present in the Lifestyle. (15.5% in the general population and 27.4% here)

This could be that there is an increased focus on personal connections in either the Lifestyle itself or just a proportional increase due to messaging boards being highly personal-interaction focused.

Keirsey Guardians (the xSxJ types) are somewhat more absent in the Lifestyle. (35.3% in the general population and 23.1% here)

This could be due to Guardians tending toward obedience toward societal rules and norms. That they don't appear even lower may be due to a tendency in some Guardian subtypes to see those rules as crucial but not applying to them.

... I was surprised to see that my perception score was so low. ...

Don't try to use the Myers-Briggs/Keirsey names as meaning what they do in English. The P score on the P/J scale is listed as Perceiving/Judging. It's really closer to meaning Probing/Jumping.

High "P" types tend to want to probe for as much information as possible before making decisions.

High "J" types tend to want to jump into taking action on a question as soon as there's enough data to make a decision.

(I'm an intP and my wife is an intJ so we've got LOTS of experience with the differences)

Another INTJ here. Seems about right. I've been called a lot of things but never a mastermind.

Well...

ISTJ

Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

56 12 62 33

ISTJ type description by D.Keirsey

ISTJ type description by J. Butt

ISTJ Career Choices by Jung Career Indicator™ Provides the list of occupations most suitable for your type taking into account the type formula and strength of the preferences. Based on a sample representing 40 most popular and high-demand occupations.

You are:

* moderately expressed introvert

* slightly expressed sensing personality

* distinctively expressed thinking personality

* moderately expressed judging personality

And the career thing? Dead on with technology and accounting!

ENTJ

FDR, Nixon, Norman Schwarzkopf, Margaret Thatcher, Steve Jobs, Newt Gingrich!!

Boy, I better start working on that whole 'rule-the-world' thing.

Pepper

Some stats on the individual parts of the personality type of Lifestyle people compared with the general public.

Remember this, though: The words used do NOT mean what they do in general speech. They have very, very specific meaning in the sense of Meyers/Briggs or Kiersey social type theory. Do NOT draw conclusions based on their general use meaning.

Introvert vs Extrovert

Lifestyle - about a 50/50 split

Generic - 75% extraverts

so - Lifestyle people are twice as likely to be introverts

iNtuition vs Sensation

Lifestyle - about a 2:1 iNtuition

Generic - 75% Sensation

so - Lifestyle people are almost three times as likely to favor iNtuition

Thinking vs Feeling

Lifestyle - about a 50/50 split

Generic - about 2:1 Feeling

so - Lifestyle people are 1/3rd more likely to be use feeling

Perception vs Judgement

Lifestyle - about 2:1 Judgement

Generic - about 50/50

so - Lifestyle people are about 50% more likely to be Judging

The most common personality type in general is ESFP at 18.5%

The most common personality type in the Lifestyle is INTJ at 16.9%

The least common personality type in general is INTJ at 1.1%

(yes, the same type that's most common in the lifestyle)

The least common personality type in the Lifestyle is ESTP at 0.4%

(They're the 4th most common in general society at 11.3%)