JustAskJulie

Swinger profile user names that turn you off

Here's one I've seen on SLS: "not4umyfriend." Can anyone explain why people who are actively looking would call themselves that?

Here's one I've seen on SLS: "not4umyfriend." Can anyone explain why people who are actively looking would call themselves that?

Yes. They are illiterate carnivores who would like to avoid hooking up with vegetarians.

That's why their screen name translates "No tofu, my friend."

hamlet said:
Just this week, I ran into a new SLS profile for a couple in our area; the user name (and I'm not making this up) was "urinarytractinfection." Can't quite say why, but I didn't find myself erotically motivated.

that's one where definitely want to ask them where did you get that screen name.

I too find ads with people boasting about their looks, skills, or assets off putting (Also the misspellings that were mentioned in another post but I have my own trouble with typos more than true misspellings). We also find graphic pics a little too in your face. I was on SLS and searched in our zip range and found a couple with the female half with cum on her breasts and face but a thin black bar across her eyes. This is her public pic!! I'm not sure we would ever consider this even in our private pics and would be reluctant to share something like this with a couple even after we swapped. We are new and have not been with anyone else yet (we may also be prudes). There a certain things that throw red flags for us (as discretion is of utmost importance to us) and other things are just turn-offs.

thanks Likemind321M. What i do is my business, and as I stated in my post I would never disrespect anyone by bringing some weed to their "party", and I have lots of friends that don't know we smoke weed. We are professional people so what we do behind closed doors (like swinging) stays behind closed doors, but I will change our handle so not to insult anyone or just quit this site.

I thought the tna = tits n ass?

Never would have put tea with it.:lol:

It's tits & ass, too (my hubby's fave things).

Sweet tea/Tits & Ass = play on words that didn't work as well as we hoped. :surrend:

And thanks, ncmd!:kissface:

thanks Likemind321M. What i do is my business. and as I stated in my post i would never disrespect anyone by bringing some weed to their "party". and i have lots of friends that don't know we smoke weed. We are professional people so what we do behind closed doors (like swinging) stays behind closed doors, but I will change our handle so not to insult anyone or just quit this site

I think the thing to think about here is that yes what you do behind closed doors is what you do and that's all good. But you just put what you do behind closed doors right out in the open. There are other threads on here discussing the whole open-minded issue but when it comes down to your profile name (whether you smoke in front of others or not) will immediately turn off anyone who is not into smoking pot or who would rather not play with someone who obviously is. That's what it comes down to.

Keep in mind that the discussion of this thread is centered around profile names - the name attached to your ad on an ad site. This site is not one of those and the biggest difference is that 9 times out of 10 no one is going to notice your user name here until after they read what you have to say. Whereas on an ad site the first thing they see is your profile name. So here you get a chance to prove that you are more than your user name.

There is no need for you to leave the site over this or to change your name (which it is too late to do unless you want to re-register).

Over the years, we've been fortunate to have hooked up with lots of great playmates. Most, we've met on line. They email us wanting to hook up after reading our posts or profile on a variety of sites.

In these cases, the "first impression" they make on us is by email. A bad screen name can create the wrong first impression.

Some screen names have been a real turn off. We have declined to respond to things like:

* loser4life

* tinydik4u

* lifetimeloser

* 2muchpms

* urworstnitemare

* megabitch

* h8ful1

* troublemaker

We don't know if these folks are being descriptive of themselves or trying to be funny. Some, we chuckled at. Some rang warning bells, and we wish they'd never found us on line. But none turned us on or inspired us to respond.

We wonder if others react in a similar fashion when they see this genre of screen names. Thoughts?

Till I read through this thread, I never gave screen names a second thought . . . I would sometimes find myself trying to figure out how they came up with their names, but other than that, I really didn't care. That was then, now I find myself a little more critical. Hmmm wonder what people think of our screen name . . . .

Yes we know Fun4ds leaves people with WTF does that mean :confused:. But we were young and inexperienced. What can we say, a real catchy turn on :rollseye:, as a screen name :o

This thread always reminds me of the joke about Indian names.

"Father, How did you come up with our names?"

"My son, when we looked out the tepee after brother was born, we saw bear on cloudy day. We call brother... Grey Bear"

"We look out tepee when sister born, and see deer running across plains. We call her Running Deer."

"Why um you ask, Two Dogs Fucking?"

fun4Ds said:
"Why um you ask, Two Dogs Fucking"

Mrs Spoo lost half of her drink when I read this to her just now. Well played!!!

Spoomonkey (who has heard all sorts of interesting "takes" on his screen name over the years)

Time to bump this one. Let's disassemble this a bit:

JamminRod = juvenile; straight out of the high school locker room

BigWillie = So your wife is engaged in this lifestyle for what reason?

CarpetMuncher = So your husband is in this lifestyle for what reason?

Newbie = You have branded yourselves forever. Ten years from now when you have experienced nearly everything, people will continue to perceive you as a tenderfoot.

SophisticatedCouple = Unless you drive something more expensive and fashionable that a Porsche Boxster, we're not even going to let you sniff this through a screen door.

So, esteemed members of The Swingersboard, what are the essential elements of a successful user name?

* Disclaimer: I invented these names on-the-spot. Any resemblance to actual screen names are purely coincidental.

Mmmm..

Interracialcouple: Something about that just kinda bugs me. It's probably just me but its like we put 'Whitecouple' on ours.

Ok, so I go to the next page of who's on and get a version of ....

Whtcouple: Ok guess its just me.

I'm not pretending that my wife and I made the perfect choice for a screen name. A person might want to convey a message using a screen name. That's fine. But what will you do when you decide you want to send a different message? I would recommend that a person would choose something neutral but still inviting.

Sometimes I wonder if we lose people because of our handle, "The_Fuse". Sounds like a drama bomb waiting to go off :), or maybe like we have terrible tempers. It's supposed to convey the message (from an old Jackson Browne song) that life will run out no matter whether you take the risks you're afraid to take, but I wonder whether it's too abstract or otherwise a turnoff for people. Oh well. It is what it is.

For me, the names that make it clear they're just looking for FMF turn me off -- "WeWantASingleGirl" and such like that. Also the ones that convey a "FriendsBeforeSex" message. Also the ones that use peoples' actual first names, because I just prefer a little discretion. Oh, and the ones that describe themselves as hot, e.g. "HotCplForYou", because a little modesty is just more attractive to me.

I'll probably offend about 30-40% of the people who will read this post, so please accept my apologies in advance :).

The Fuse said:
Sometimes I wonder if we lose people because of our handle, "The_Fuse". Sounds like a drama bomb waiting to go off :), or maybe like we have terrible tempers.

I haven't gotten past your profile picture to be concerned about your profile name, lol.

I just ran across the username - sweatandsour. Please tell me that was a typo!

And to make it more interesting that username belongs to a single female.... don't know about you, but I don't want to go down on that.

• Like 1

I just ran across the username - sweatandsour. Please tell me that was a typo!

And to make it more interesting that username belongs to a single female.... don't know about you, but I don't want to go down on that.

Well, we have had some "interesting" posters over in the Fetishes forum over the past few years.....

Of course, since she's a single female she could use the name dookiedrawers and still get a lot of initial hits, so there's that.

I've been seeing one lately that is "gotajob"

It just strikes me as a really odd choice. I want to send them a message that says "Congratulations, You're a Grown Up!". Then again, maybe it's more of a question GotaJob?

Rotobug

Rotavirus is a common intestinal virus that can be especially serious in babies. I would think anyone in the medical or nursing field would be turned off by this name. I have no idea what it means to the couple who set up this profile.

Actually, just the word bug in your profile is a little questionable to me.

Rotobug

Rotavirus is a common intestinal virus that can be especially serious in babies. I would think anyone in the medical or nursing field would be turned off by this name. I have no idea what it means to the couple who set up this profile.

Actually, just the word bug in your profile is a little questionable to me.

Yeah, that's a pretty shitty name.

Here's a new one who just joined. GigglechickFartman I'm sure that's very appealing to the single girls they're seeking.

Please tell me they are not over 30.

Sadly, yes, Fartman is over 30. Gigglechick is only 21 though.

Just goes to show you, maturity and wisdom isn't an age.

Here's a new one who just joined. GigglechickFartman I'm sure that's very appealing to the single girls they're seeking.

Sounds like someone likes Howard Stern a little too much, based on the Fartman name.

OralChampion / GoldenTongue / etc. These names usually attached to a single male. In this case, one that felt the need to contact us regardless of the fact that our profile states we aren't interested in single males.... of course his message was in all caps telling us how much we'd enjoy him, etc. ICK ICK ICK! Block.

It's kind of ironic, but really crass sexy names like "Cum4U" or something simply like "HotCouple". I'm more interested in screen names that describe interests in yourself/as a couple.

It's kind of ironic, but really crass sexy names like "Cum4U" or something simply like "HotCouple". I'm more interested in screen names that describe interests in yourself/as a couple.

I don't think that's ironic at all. I suspect many women would be equally turned off. For me, any user name that contains the word "cum" is an automatic no, actually, and the person/couple would have to be amazing and have a great explanation in their profile for the stupid user name.

Ftards, which I assume means Fucktards, some combination of Fuck and Retard? To me it just sounds repulsive. Why would a cute, nice couple call themselves that?

Why do I keep coming across these?!

Cuntagious

Could it get any worse?

"Let's take a word that indicates a particular affliction can be spread, and combine it with the word that women hate more than any other word in the English language. Brilliant!"

I'm sorry! I just love this thread.

Single guy, profile name... NumNutz

Really?!! What is appealing about that? You are admittedly stupid and can't spell? Or was NumbNuts already taken? I'm not even sure what that would mean for me in the bedroom. His alias is probably, pussypounder though, right?

What is wrong with people?!

. . . Single guy, profile name... NumNutz

Really?!! What is appealing about that? . .

Larry, Curley, there ain't no Mo.