In the post game wrap up, our newbie friends expressed surprise that we went directly from happy hour to playing. They expected some sort of icebreaker. They may have a good point. What do other people do?

We tend to meet up for drinks, small snack/meal and then go to a hotel. Like many couples, we only have a certain amount of time to devote to meeting others, playing so by the time we meet up we expect to play that evening. I know many couples that will "date" (for lack of a better term) a few times before playing. That would be great except with our schedules we can arrange a day or two a quarter at most so when we get that day, we want to play. So we do a lot of front-end chatting before we meet so the first meet isn't like a blind date. By the time we meet up, the ice has melted.

• Like 4

We intended to go in the hot tub first, but it was raining. I bought a lifestyle deck of cards for ice breaking, but one of the cards suggested a spit roast. Not a recommendation for newbies. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

We've always joked that in order to be a successful swinger, you either needed to have a hot tub or a boat (both serve as icebreakers). Personally, we have a hot tub...the couple we dated (date...they've moved away so it's hard to get together any longer) had a boat so we had both ends covered...

• Like 1

If we have never met someone we'll start with dinner or drinks and see if there is chemistry. I think THAT is the ice breaker. I think most people know within the first half hour of meeting someone if they are someone they want to fuck. But, some newbies like to take it slower, and I get that. It's all very daunting and when you are just wading into the pool the deep end looks very scary. 

It all depends on the couple.  We had a standing rule….very rarely ever broken.  Whenever we met a new couple or single outside of the club we always met in a public place, nothing fancy, coffee, desert, lunch, nothing too intense, casual.  Get to know each other, about each other…..usually newbies/first timers so they might have questions concerns.  This also created a safe, no pressure, open discussion.  Also no NRE issue/regrets.

About 75% of the time we would meet again for first time play……sometimes started using a game of some sort, nudist lake/swim hole or they would just attend one of our parties.  The biggest hit was Pimps and Hoes board game.  We had all 5 levels so it was easy to break the ice if we had a hotel room over night.  We would most often use the standard pack with the expanded pack and then filter in some of the swinger pack depending on their expressed desire of participation.  

16 hours ago, WesternSwing said:

If we have never met someone we'll start with dinner or drinks and see if there is chemistry. I think THAT is the ice breaker. I think most people know within the first half hour of meeting someone if they are someone they want to fuck. But, some newbies like to take it slower, and I get that. It's all very daunting and when you are just wading into the pool the deep end looks very scary. 

This ^^^. Except we morphed into just drinks, not dinner. Often we'd meet a couple that we both knew right away nothing would ever happen, and if we were just doing drinks we could slip away quickly. If we did dinner, there goes an hour and a half . . .

• Like 1