Happy Ours

Needing advice: Lifestyle travel, nude resorts

Hello, and thank you for reading this and offering any advice you can:

We are new to this site, and only recently discovered it. We hope this post is in the right place?

Little bit about our background: We are a long-term married couple, in our early 60s, with some experience swinging. However, we took a long break in the middle of our lives as we raised our kids. Now, we're free wheeling empty nesters! We take good care of ourselves and are pleased all our important parts still work just fine! And we intend to enjoy ourselves and the years we have left!

We're nudists, completely comfortable being in our own skin. And we're comfortable socializing nude. During the season, we are weekly visitors to our local nude beach.

The pandemic really spooked us... so we have been slowly getting our lifestyle activities revved back up. We've only been playing some soft games with nice couples, and some singles, we have met on our favorite beach. 

We imagine like a lot of you folks, now that the pandemic is over, we're ready to do some traveling and want to experience the things we have been missing and putting off for far too long. We are tired of letting our time go by!

Here's what we are specifically wanting some advice, especially from you more experienced travelers:

We're wanting to vacation at an all-inclusive resort, especially one that caters to both nudists and people in the lifestyle/swingers. Any suggestions?

We've read some limited information about "lifestyle takeovers" but we don't really know exactly what that means? Maybe someone can help us?

As we mentioned, we're in our 60s now... we are a bit concerned with making sure we fit within a group of people that are similar in age, and that we have things in common. We do like to socialize, dance and party, but we will not be the ones still partying at midnight! We like to enjoy our sexy play/sexual adventures during the day/early afternoon, rather than at night.

Are there travel agents or travel companies that specialize in this kind of thing? Can you direct us to them?

We have traveled extensively in the Caribbean, but almost always on cruises. And it was always with the family, so it was not at all lifestyle oriented, obviously. While that gave us a flavor of the various countries we visited, we spent such a short amount of time off the ship, that we don't believe we ever got a "true" sense of what it would be like to spend a week or more just in one place.

Lastly, we have a question about safety. When we were first married, Mexico was a favorite destination. But, recently, we don't know if it's just all the bad press, but it seems Mexico is not very safe anymore. That is just our impression, based on nothing but what we see and read. So, maybe someone can share with us their personal experiences?

Apologies for long post!

Thanking you for replies and advice!!

• Like 2

I may not be in your age group but done my fair share of travelling to swingers resort in the Caribbean.

We are from Canada. We may have different view for safety compare to America's.

But basically you have to used common sense. I wouldn't walk the beach at night to meet up people.

The resort I recommend for you both, is the Hedonism II. It may be a little pricey, but it may have everything that your looking for in terms what your looking for.

• Like 1

Dear Happy - Please seriously consider Hedonism 2 in Negril Jamaica.  Affectionately known as Hedo by the regulars, it is an all-inclusive, clothing optional and lifestyle friendly resort.  There is a buffet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, also three restaurants where you order off the menu, the nude grill for food during the day and pizza late at night.  Almost everything is included, all food, all alcohol, water sports like snorkeling or kayaking, there is the clothing optional beach and pool where you can wear anything or nothing, and the nude beach and pool and hot tub where nudity is required.  Nightly entertainment is excellent, there are organized games like bocce ball, you can sit on the beach and read, or go to the nude pool and party like a rock star.  There is a playroom near the nude hot tub that is open 24/7 and a large playroom open every night.   If you want to smoke some weed, there is Hedo Weed, which is just like a dispensary in the U.S.  If you go to hedonism.com, you can see groups that are going during different weeks of the year and find ones that interest you..  We love the Fluffs, fluffernutters.com, but there are groups for everyone depending on what they are looking for, younger people, older people, bi-ladies, etc.  Also, you can read more info and ask questions on the Facebook group, Our Favorite Jamaican Vacation Place.  Most people say it is the best vacation ever, and many book their next trip before they leave.  Hedo has the highest return guest rate in the world, which says something.  My wife and I will be going there for the 27th time in February.  Check it out.  It is exactly what you are looking for. 

• Like 2
  • Hot! 1

We enjoyed both Desire resorts, but not sure if we’d go now. I highly recommend the Bliss cruises, which go in November and April. Even if April is sold out, go on a waiting list, swingers flake out and there will be openings. 

Hedonism 2 in Jamaica could work. See if there is a Silver Swinger week. You probably won’t want to go on a young swinger week. We enjoyed it. 

A big swinger adventure is Cap D’ Agde, France. Have not been. 

Edited by njbm
  • Like 1

We agree that Hedo would be a great place to start in the Caribbean.  It is great for an all over tan as well as lifestyle opportunities.  We too are in our 60s and plan to go during their Sexy Silvers week, which is May 4 to 11, 2024.  There will be over 100 couples in our age range and the activities/entertainment is more focused on that group.  Hedo also offers Sexy Silvers weeks with smaller turnouts in February and October.  We book through Topless Travel, which is affiliated with the SLS lifestyle website.  The Sexy Silvers week at Hedo is always awesome.

• Like 1

Our many thanks to everyone who replied back to our post.

Special thanks to tbone and ready4fun. The detailed information and insights you provided are very helpful. 

One question for you all:

In your opinions, if you had to choose between Desire and Hedonism, which one of these resorts is going to offer a more premium, or deluxe, experience?

Also, we have a couple of related follow up questions that we will send privately.

Again, thank you all 🙂

Desire Pearl is the most deluxe, followed by Desire RM, then Hedo 2.  Unfortunately , drug cartel crime makes us unlikely to go to the Desires. We have been to all 3. Hedo is fine, though, and we are spoiled and enjoy luxury. 

My understanding is that North American tourists order drugs from Uber Eats (cartel 1) and Door Dash ( cartel 2) gets mad and starts shooting. Not at Desire, but at other resorts in Quintana Roo, the state in which the Mexican Desires are located. Probably nothing bad will happen, but the neighborhood has declined. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njbm said:

Desire Pearl is the most deluxe, followed by Desire RM, then Hedo 2.  Unfortunately , drug cartel crime makes us unlikely to go to the Desires. We have been to all 3. Hedo is fine, though, and we are spoiled and enjoy luxury. 

My understanding is that North American tourists order drugs from Uber Eats (cartel 1) and Door Dash ( cartel 2) gets mad and starts shooting. Not at Desire, but at other resorts in Quintana Roo, the state in which the Mexican Desires are located. Probably nothing bad will happen, but the neighborhood has declined. 

Thank you for sharing your experiences. Uber and Door Dash, funny 🙂

Yes, as we said in our initial post, we are a bit concerned about the violence/lawlessness that we see on the news regarding Mexico's declining security situation. So, that gives us some pause.

However, after digging around a bit, we found out something that surprised us:

This morning we visited the US State Department website and it classifies travel to Jamaica as a Level Three threat level, advising against (reconsider) travel there.

Quintana Roo, Mexico, actually has a lower threat rating than Jamaica, with US State Department issuing an advisory to "increase caution", but no recommendation to avoid (reconsider) travel. Of course, that only applies to Quintana Roo. Other areas of Mexico are far more dangerous.

Apparently, in Jamaica, tourists are often the targets of crime.

But, in Quintana Roo, the violence is usually between rival gangs and tourists are not specifically targeted, but may be injured or killed due to being "in the wrong place at the wrong time" and caught in the crossfire. Human life doesn't mean a whole lot to those people, regardless of one is innocent or not.

Sooooo... after visiting some of the recommended tour operators and travel agents, now we're considering a nude/lifestyle cruise. Not the same experience, but quite a bit safer. Do you have any experience with this?

We have taken many Bliss cruises. We have also taken lifestyle cruises to South America, Cuba, Alaska and Japan. They are better than resorts in one significant way. On the cruise, everyone gets on and off at the same time. At the resort, you can meet a great couple, but they may be leaving the next day. 

if you go on a Bliss cruise, sign up early for speed dating. Also, we are in our sixties now, but oh to be 30-45 on a Bliss cruise!  Private message me for the name of our travel agent. 

I love Jamaica and go to Couples San Souci and also visit the Rivera Maya in Mexico and I feel safer in Mexico when out in public .Of course you need to know where to go and not travel off the beaten path.

• Like 1

We've been to Desire Resorts (both in Cancun) numerous times and go 2-3X per year. Never have we felt unsafe. I would be more concerned about many of the cities in the US than I am in Quanta Roo. We don't venture into Cancun except getting to the airport from Desire. If you are wanting the "upscale" experience, then Desire Pearl is your choice. RM is ok but lots of construction for upgrades now.

Cruises: We have been on 16 lifestyle cruises chartered by 6 different companies. The cruises are not all the same in terms of experience so your choice may be different than what others recommend. So here is a summary of our experiences:

Companies that charter Clothing Optional / Lifestyle friendly cruises:

Bliss / SDC / Rockstar / Desire / LLV / Couples Cruise (no longer doing cruises)

Difference between Bliss ( booking the larger ships) and the others (booking smaller ships):

Bliss: Mainly Caribbean and larger ships (figure 2300-5200 per ship. Popular because they leave FL so travel is easier. Can be intense with loads of people and makes it difficult to find a couple later because of the sheer size. Muliple playrooms. Less expensive ~$4200 for 7 night balacony cabin. Drink pkgs can be expensive and run over $1000 extra for your cabin (both have to purchase a pkg even if only one wants to drink).

Others: A wide variety of intineraries (Europe, South Pacific, South America). Ships are smaller with 700-1000 per ship. More expensive at ~$8000 for a 7 night balcony cabin but drink pkg is included. More intimate - easier to meet and find couples the whole cruise. Food is better then the Royal Caribbean/Celebrity ships Bliss charters. We prefer these cruises over Bliss because of the wide variety of ports each day and each trip and the ship size and vibe.

Who to book with: We book exclusively through Lynn at The Swinger Cruise. Her site www.theswingercruise.com shows 14 different cruise options for 2024 and she books a lot of cabins on each. We've tried other agencies but she does the best job. She has booked over 100 Clothing Optional cruises over their 13 or so years of buisness.

Feel free to reach out to us on any questions. We are not travel agents or affiliates. Just a couple that have experienced a number of venues and experiences.

• Like 2

On 12/16/2023 at 10:34 PM, lnw said:

We've been to Desire Resorts (both in Cancun) numerous times and go 2-3X per year. Never have we felt unsafe. I would be more concerned about many of the cities in the US than I am in Quanta Roo. We don't venture into Cancun except getting to the airport from Desire. If you are wanting the "upscale" experience, then Desire Pearl is your choice. RM is ok but lots of construction for upgrades now.

Cruises: We have been on 16 lifestyle cruises chartered by 6 different companies. The cruises are not all the same in terms of experience so your choice may be different than what others recommend. So here is a summary of our experiences:

Companies that charter Clothing Optional / Lifestyle friendly cruises:

Bliss / SDC / Rockstar / Desire / LLV / Couples Cruise (no longer doing cruises)

Difference between Bliss ( booking the larger ships) and the others (booking smaller ships):

Bliss: Mainly Caribbean and larger ships (figure 2300-5200 per ship. Popular because they leave FL so travel is easier. Can be intense with loads of people and makes it difficult to find a couple later because of the sheer size. Muliple playrooms. Less expensive ~$4200 for 7 night balacony cabin. Drink pkgs can be expensive and run over $1000 extra for your cabin (both have to purchase a pkg even if only one wants to drink).

Others: A wide variety of intineraries (Europe, South Pacific, South America). Ships are smaller with 700-1000 per ship. More expensive at ~$8000 for a 7 night balcony cabin but drink pkg is included. More intimate - easier to meet and find couples the whole cruise. Food is better then the Royal Caribbean/Celebrity ships Bliss charters. We prefer these cruises over Bliss because of the wide variety of ports each day and each trip and the ship size and vibe.

Who to book with: We book exclusively through Lynn at The Swinger Cruise. Her site www.theswingercruise.com shows 14 different cruise options for 2024 and she books a lot of cabins on each. We've tried other agencies but she does the best job. She has booked over 100 Clothing Optional cruises over their 13 or so years of buisness.

Feel free to reach out to us on any questions. We are not travel agents or affiliates. Just a couple that have experienced a number of venues and experiences.

Thank you for taking time to respond with such an informative and organized reply.

Greatly appreciated! 🙂

Wishing you safe and enjoyable travels!

We're busy trying to find a cruise that satisfies our interests and tastes, and will slot into our crazy-busy 2024 calendars. Fingers crossed! 

Edited by Happy Ours
  • Like 2

Asking for friends. 

We have two female friends who said they read they can’t go to Desire as a same sex couple. I am happy to join them as a 3some or as a 4some, can’t get away when they want to go. I know both can handle any assholes who would bother them so that’s not a problem. 
Has anyone see same sex couples at Desire. They aren’t interested in Temptations or Hedo, they want an upscale resort. 

20 hours ago, MidwestHoneys said:

Asking for friends. 

We have two female friends who said they read they can’t go to Desire as a same sex couple. I am happy to join them as a 3some or as a 4some, can’t get away when they want to go. I know both can handle any assholes who would bother them so that’s not a problem. 
Has anyone see same sex couples at Desire. They aren’t interested in Temptations or Hedo, they want an upscale resort. 

As a US citizen I was surprised how gays were viewed the first time in Jamaica. All the news was a gay cruise ship docked in Ocho Rios and gays were arrested for holding hands when walking the streets. It was the talk at our resort and I found out our resort didn't allow same sex couples. 

36 minutes ago, let's do it again said:

As a US citizen I was surprised how gays were viewed the first time in Jamaica. All the news was a gay cruise ship docked in Ocho Rios and gays were arrested for holding hands when walking the streets. It was the talk at our resort and I found out our resort didn't allow same sex couples. 

Didn’t  allow women couples? I find it strange that I heard there is FFM and FF play at the lifestyle resorts just like swinging in general. 

46 minutes ago, MidwestHoneys said:

Didn’t  allow women couples? I find it strange that I heard there is FFM and FF play at the lifestyle resorts just like swinging in general. 

Yep, met 2 women on the nude beach and they were straight travel agents checking out the resort and was not allowed to share a room even though they were straight.  No same sex couples could share a room. 

• Like 1