njbm

Coming back from a loong break

We stopped playing at the start of covid. Due to a couple of medical issues, we have stayed on the sidelines of playing. But we may make a comeback soon. Has anyone had a long hiatus and made a comeback? How did it go?

Like you, we stopped in early ‘20. We were on complete hiatus for two years until the April ‘22 Bliss cruise that we decided to go ahead with since we’d paid for April ‘20 back in ‘19 and they had several thousand $ of ours. We were underwhelmed by the Bliss experience, although we DID have fun at an afternoon party (orgy?) put on by friends of friends … but that was it. (In other words, we didn’t hook up with anybody independently.) Due to a combination of medical and aging parent issues, we’ve been totally on the sidelines since then. Whether we’ll return to the LS is unknown at this time.

We too took a Covid break. We have since been with a few friends , but will be returning to the Hotel Party seen for New Years.

It is amazing how much "others" have aged in those years. :)

• Haha 4

We were only dating the one couple and they choose to slow things down during covid. They then moved about two years ago, and we have been thinking about starting back up more recently now that we rarely get to see them due to the distance involved. Getting started again, however, has just been difficult, knowing how hard it can be to find a four way match.

• Like 1

Counterintuitive we played during the pandemic and are playing less now. During the pandemic we had time to search for the right match, we played primarily one on one and we were able to stay healthy. We have always been up to date on vaccinations and met some great people, Alan I made some terrific friends. More recently we limited those we met, happy to share times a very select few as we returned to a more regular work schedule. 
Ironically we went on a vacation to Europe, fully vaccinated, along with a younger friend who we felt needed to get away, and we all got Covid. This wasn’t a LS vacation, Covid just happened. 

• Like 3

We have been in long breaks in between in the past and have been on a long one now, because it is really not that important to us.  We came to the conclusion after lots of talks that we are just not that interested in having sex with other people anymore.  We both are very happy with what we get from each other and know what a pain in the ass it is to find other people we both actually find attractive and are interested in.  If a perfect opportunity popped up we may consider it again, but we won’t bother unless it does.   No point in settling when we already have what we feel is the best.

33 minutes ago, enhancer said:

We both are very happy with what we get from each other and know what a pain in the ass it is to find other people we both actually find attractive and are interested in.

We always are happy with each other, our original search was a curiosity. Searching was a chore and a became a hobby and a fun thing we did together. Sometimes the search was more fun than the end result. I would blush to tell you the conversations we had while searching. Physical attraction from photos on a site hardly lives up to the social attraction that in the end is more important. This will sound mean when I say part of the fun was being a first for so many we met. 
We are at a point where sex is not the primary reason we meet our LS friends, being together socially is our main reason to get together now. 

What’s harder to do, getting back or getting started? Our first discussion came after the worst part of the pandemic passed so now I’m thinking most stopped what they were doing. 

21 hours ago, ExploringOptions said:

What’s harder to do, getting back or getting started? 

One word answer: Yes

• Haha 1

Before we got serious and planned to marry, Daniela had a robust, bisexual sex life while I had been monogamous with my ex-wife, and continued occasionally with her.  After getting married, Daniela and I did the monogamous thing for a year or so, but I recognized that she wasn't wired that way. 

Part of our sex life was talking about our past sex experiences and partners, what we liked and didn't, so the discussion wasn't hard.  I told Daniela what thought she would like and she agreed, trying not to seem over eager.

We started with her seeing a couple of exes, separately, because it was easy for me (she had fucked them before, so no big deal), they were guys she had enjoyed, and we met him for dinner before anything so he knew the situation.  From there we moved to couple swaps.

What’s harder to do, getting back or getting started?

I would say getting started. Not knowing if things would so south, even though you are trusting your partner...just so many unknowns. Getting back, its just knowing how difficult it is to find that chemistry, especially after knowing how difficult it was to find the first time.

• Like 1