AdamGunn2

Is this a fair statement?

I’m an author of erotic fiction and in the story I’m working on now, the protagonists are a married couple in their fifties who are experienced swingers. They attend parties at their swingers club fifteen times a year or so, and also attend the occasional house party and have foursome swaps with their friends.

In my story, the wife states: “Once you get used to it, in some ways going to the club isn’t any more momentous than going to the movies.”

Is that a fair statement for the wife to make? I’d love to hear your reaction.

Edited by AdamGunn2

Yes...once it becomes something that is reoccurring and more commonplace, regardless to what it is, it kind of looses some of the 'excitement' value. It doesn't mean that it wouldn't be missed if you stopped doing it, just that it becomes part of your regular routine (whatever that may be).

We are not a club couple so can’t answer directly. For years we kept things fresh by meeting new people, hardly ever keeping a relationship going to the point of monotony or to the place of no excitement. I’m happy to say even with a small group we now see we still keep the excitement going. 

We both believe this to be accurate in the context that nervousness, apprehension, anxiety, expectations etc.  When you attend something regularly you become accustom to it, more relaxed, free….open.  Most all Clubs, house parties, themed events, couple gatherings all have a social flair that also allows a bit more sexy to it.  Oh yeah, there might be sexual activity as well.

Oh yes, this is accurate!  When you first start going to clubs, you cannot contain yourself.  Seeing people having sex in front of you is unbelievable!  Somehow, after a while, you've seen it a million times.  It would be like working in a donut shop.  Eating donuts the first few days would be delicious.  After that, you probably never want to eat donuts again for the rest of your life.  Luckily it doesn't become a turn off, it just loses it's shine.