AZrugburn

House Party newbie

So we are going to our first house party this weekend. I have no idea what to expect. The invite says bring your own drinks/liquor. We read an article recently that said you aren't supposed to share liquor? Anything else we need to know?

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

• Like 1

It really comes down to the individual party and host.  We've been to house parties where it was sexy flirty fun with no playing at all, parties that mixed social and play and house parties that were straight up fuckfests, so its really tough to say based on this info what you can expect.

I can say what you read about sharing liquor is puzzling... Is that like a prison thing where inmates will try to get the new guys  jello to see if he's weak?  Lol

Edited by ConfusedHubby
  • Haha 1

Based on our experience at house parties, your handle of “rug burn” is very appropriate to describe the festivities. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

What to expect? As ConfusedHubby indicated, every party is a little different. However, if you're not paying for it and the invitation is free (paid parties are entirely different,) you can expect a laid-back vibe to start, then a gradual warmup. Depending upon how many bedrooms there are, people may start pairing off, then as the night gets later it could get a little crazy.  

When you get there, evaluate how many single men are there. If there are a bunch, it may mean that the women could be treated as meat. Depending on what you want, that can be bad or good.

If at any time from the very start until three o'clock in the morning, if it starts getting too weird and/or uncomfortable, get your clothes and get out; it's simply going to get weirder at that point. (Unless, of course, you want weird. Sometimes we embraced the weird, and had a great time.)

As far as booze, the usual we observed is that everybody put their bottles at the place the bar was set up, and if you wanted a drink of whatever, feel free. The hosts had a tendency to supply the mixers. (Again, this is for non-charging parties.)

Good luck, have fun. 

• Like 1

House parties in the LS are usually full of good people, but more than once I've seen a bad apple or two sneak in, or someone gets drunk and acts poorly. One trick is to stay close to your spouse. I never let mine get more than ten feet away and out of my site unless I know and trust everyone. I only trust everyone in small hand-picked parties, generally.

Don't drink much. As you know, alcohol is no friend to erections either. But drinking too much for a female can cause her to make poor decisions she'll regret later. 2s look like 10s when drunk. 

Don't worry too much. Treat it like a regular party and go in with no expectations. I know people who don't play at parties. We only play at parties with people we know well. Never with anyone knew. Doing that gives you an out, keeps you more relaxed and not stressed, and lowers chances you'll make a bad decision.  

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, AZrugburn said:

It was interesting, a huge party, over 150 people. We watched and mingled only, keeping drinking to a minimum.

We did see all the drunk people we were warned about! But what an experience! We'd definitely go to another, with less nerves next time.

Wow, that is a huge house party. Most of the ones we’ve attended are more like 10-25. 

On 7/23/2023 at 7:30 AM, lcmim said:

House or Hotel party??

At a private house. I would prefer a much smaller, intimate party. As our first party it was extremely overwhelming.

Edited by AZrugburn
added text

On 7/23/2023 at 9:31 AM, AZrugburn said:

It was interesting, a huge party, over 150 people. We watched and mingled only, keeping drinking to a minimum.

We did see all the drunk people we were warned about! But what an experience! We'd definitely go to another, with less nerves next time.

We  knew a couple who were in their 70s and threw parties like that.  We thought it was the stuff of legend until we attended a few.  Epic bacchanalian feasts that had to be seen to be believed.  Perhaps some of the more mature swingers here from the NY/NJ area know what I'm talking about.  There were always a few people shitfaced out of their minds and I pitied them for basically missing out on what was going on around them... in the pool... in the yard... on all floors of the house...  one hundred plus ppl fornicating to yacht rock being piped in from the home entertainment system.

More average is literally 4 to 8 couples or so.  Sounds like you had a hell of an experience and I'm sure you both got an eyeful!!

• Like 4

Yes, most house parties are on the smaller side...maybe 30 people or less. 150 is an epic party. They must have a really big house and/or very understanding neighbors...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GoldCoCouple said:

Yes, most house parties are on the smaller side...maybe 30 people or less. 150 is an epic party. They must have a really big house and/or very understanding neighbors...

I heard stories of private parties at pool clubs with 150 or more partying, never a house party, even 30 at a house party is big. 

• Like 1
  • Hot! 1

The biggest house party we ever went to was in a four bedroom house, maybe 40 people there; it was crammed. (Insert your pun here . . .)

• Like 1