Fundamental Law

Seniors, swingers, nudists...

Given the option, would you prefer to socialize with or without clothes?  

28 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. You have been invited to your friends' clothing-optional home for summer brunch or lunch and/or a lazy afternoon in the sun. Regarding the (un)dress code, which of the following would you prefer?

• For a simple social visit, we'll stay in shorts and t-shirts, thanks!
    • We'll show up in shorts and t-shirts, but no one actually wears suits in your pool or hot tub, right? We'll go with that flow when it's time.
    • Given the option, we'll leave our clothes at your door and put them back on when it's time to leave--it's just easier figuring out what not to wear.
    • Can we talk beforehand? We're new to simple social nudity and have some questions.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/20/2023 at 08:59 PM

It would really depend on the nature of the visit.

Just social the clothes would be dispensed with. Helping cut fire wood or playing at the forge I'd probably stay clothed.

• Haha 2
  • Hot! 1

Love to see pics of the new place if you wouldn't feel like your privacy is at risk.

I'd prefer no clothes. I LOVE to be nude.

• Like 1

We were invited once by an MFM friend to a house out in the country with a pool on a pretty August day. We were experienced swingers, and Mary was an occasional hotwife. I couldn’t go because I was working the 2-10 shift, but my wife went. When Mary got there, of the approximately dozen people - a few more men than women - everybody was wearing shorts and tops, and although the vibe was sexy, it wasn’t over the top.

She really wanted to go swimming in the nude, but it just didn’t seem right, somehow. Then the host invited her into the pool, and she and James took their clothes off and jumped right in. She said it was such a thrill, being watched by everyone while she stripped. Over the next fifteen minutes or so, everyone else - save one married couple - wound up in the altogether.

There was no sex outside, because it was possible that one neighbor could get a view. But eventually, a few people moved indoors and had a great party. Mary was with James and when he was coming down they were joined by a husband, Mary didn’t remember his name when she recounted the day to me later that evening.

• Hot! 1

14 hours ago, MidLifeFun said:

We would follow the lead of the others. I would also stay away from the grill. 

Just wear nothing but an apron. You'll be ok.

• Haha 1

Depends on the situation, if we were at a nudist facility we would already be naked or get that way getting out of the car. Otherwise we would do as the hosts and match their state of undress.

The poll results reflect our experience.

Some vanilla friends who know we prefer to wear less will ask in advance, “are you all going to be wearing clothes?” which turns out to be a question about “what’s it like and what are the rules?”  We give them the option and importantly the option to decide when they arrive. 

Our LS friends tend to wait for the cue to hit the hot tub. 

Those who have visited before figure out  how soon all of us  can get out of clothes and chill. 

It actually depends on the couple. If they knew that we were swingers, then it's no problem and the clothes are quickly removed. If it is a couple that we know outside of the L/S, then we would REALLY NEED to talk with them before hand to find out what is expected. Keeping in mind the venn diagram that shows that all swingers are not nudists and all nudists are no swingers, but that there is a subset of nudists that are swingers and swingers that are nudists (we actually fall in that group), but we will not ASSUME anything before hand. Also, as we have said many times in the past, we do not swing with friends since we just don't think it is a good idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoldCoCouple said:Keeping in mind the venn diagram that shows that all swingers are not nudists and all nudists are no swingers, but that there is a subset of nudists that are swingers and swingers that are nudists (we actually fall in that group), but we will not ASSUME anything before hand. Also, as we have said many times in the past, we do not swing with friends since we just don't think it is a good idea.

Agree on all points. We would add that nudists nearly always separate their state of undress from sexual thinking or actions. You are right to never “assume” and always clarify. 

• Like 2

I don't like the ambiguity of "clothing-optional."  I look forward to going to nude spas when in Europe and I have the time.  Everyone has a common understanding that it is non-sexual and nakedness is mandatory.  It is wonderful being with others of all ages, sizes, and conditions who are naked.

I would definitely go to a vanilla social gathering where I am naked, so long as I know everyone else will be.  (It is an interesting thought, however, being invited to a get together where only some of us are randomly chosen to be nude.)

Same if sex is possible; let me know in advance. 

Edited by couplers
  • Like 3

On 6/25/2023 at 9:02 AM, couplers said:

I don't like the ambiguity of "clothing-optional."

Nor do we. But everyone starts somewhere. Our observation is that people tend to conform to their local environment or depart the environment. When people wear suits to a clothing-optional beach, those suits disappear pretty quickly, either off the wearer or with them. 

Commercial operators (like pop-up nude restaurants or museum exhibitions) have to hold patrons to standards. With friends, it's a little different--managing expectations bilaterally. 

• Like 2

We get invited to this kind of event every July 4. Couldn't make it this year but had a grand time last year. 

Ppl generally showed up w shorts and swimwear but stripped quickly once they noticed not a single other person with a stitch of clothing on.

Daniela knows how to dress for those occasions - three pieces of clothing and two are shoes.

• Haha 1
  • Hot! 1