intuition897

Sad news: Alura

If any of the old goats on SB are still around, we've lost a legend.  Al of Alura passed away on the 10th, joining his wife who passed some years before.  Goddamned cancer!

You may recognize Alura's name around here on some of the older posts, giving sage advice, and blessing us with his earthy sense of humour.  I've enjoyed a years-long internet friendship with Al,  and I will deeply miss our conversations.  I always meant to get down to Oklahoma to meet him in person and regret that I never did.

If anyone has memories to share, please do.

• Sad 15

He was a frequent poster until two years ago. We wondered what happened when he stopped. RIP Al 

I’m deeply saddened by this news, though not totally surprised. Al and I communicated sometimes via the email function here. we had mutual interests outside the erotic realm. Lovely guy who made great contributions to the board. (I must say that a good of the joy went out of his life after Laura died, but he treasured their memories.

• Like 2

Alas, the arrow of time moves in one direction and points towards our individual and collective end. Alura touched many of us. We will remember him for his love of Laura and for his courage soldiering on after she died. We will honor him with gratitude for today in the face of an indeterminate tomorrow. 

• Like 4

Sad for us that remain, lovely for him to pass onto the next realm with his dear wife.

• Like 2

Sad news!  Always enjoyed reading his posts and always had great advice.  Fuck Cancer.

• Like 2

There are posters who always added to discussions in a sensible way, posters who would be interesting to have a drink with if nothing else. There are seasoned posters and younger posters. Every so often I wonder if someone just lost interest in posting because some of the more questionable posts. I don’t know any of the posters other than reading the posts and then one day you notice they haven’t posts. Alura, Padoc I figured aged out of the lifestyle or lost their partner. AdamGunn was another who I realized is not here or Psulioness who had to be young and funny. Maybe they got busy with other parts of their lives. 
Cancer doesn’t know age. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shore2Please said:

There are posters who always added to discussions in a sensible way, posters who would be interesting to have a drink with if nothing else. There are seasoned posters and younger posters. Every so often I wonder if someone just lost interest in posting because some of the more questionable posts. I don’t know any of the posters other than reading the posts and then one day you notice they haven’t posts. Alura, Padoc I figured aged out of the lifestyle or lost their partner. AdamGunn was another who I realized is not here or Psulioness who had to be young and funny. Maybe they got busy with other parts of their lives. 
Cancer doesn’t know age. 

S2P, two factors regarding PSULioness. First, her marriage, which was the context for her lifestyle activities, broke up. Second, there was one guy on this board who was quite harsh in comments he directed towards her.  (Fortunately Couplers appears to be made of tougher stuff.)

I found out while checking Facebook at work and sat at my desk crying.  I told Mr. intuition on the way home, again, tears welling up (I'm a bit of a crybaby) and he said he was very sorry about my friend. 

"Ah well," he says, "I'm sure he's found his way through the pearly gates and is getting the same talking-to that his wife got: 'Now like I told Laura, this is not THAT kind of afterlife. You can't do that here.'" 

I laughed and said the vanillas can keep their heaven. I would rather be roasting my ass on a clothing-optional beach in hell with all the heathens.  I'm sure they're better company.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, PeterJ said:

S2P, two factors regarding PSULioness. First, her marriage, which was the context for her lifestyle activities, broke up. Second, there was one guy on this board who was quite harsh in comments he directed towards her.  (Fortunately Couplers appears to be made of tougher stuff.)

I had no idea, did she post that? I looked up some of original posts, before she got married, that she broke up with her then bf then she married him. I realize if a marriage is not solid then lifestyle choices expose those problems. I wonder what her husband was like and if he just went along with her choices to make her happy. 
I didn’t read everything so I also didn’t know there were harsh comments. 
Now I see Padoc possibly passed, not sure about adamgunn. 
Do you have PSU’s contact info? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shore2Please said:

I had no idea, did she post that? I looked up some of original posts, before she got married, that she broke up with her then bf then she married him. I realize if a marriage is not solid then lifestyle choices expose those problems. I wonder what her husband was like and if he just went along with her choices to make her happy. 
I didn’t read everything so I also didn’t know there were harsh comments. 
Now I see Padoc possibly passed, not sure about adamgunn. 
Do you have PSU’s contact info? 

PSULioness contributed frequently, thoughtfully and candidly until April, 2021, and then stopped abruptly. (You can check out her profile.) She came back in October, 2022, commenting on a post that posed the question: "Would you sell your sex?" She received aggressive & dismissive pushback from one board member. PSULioness and I exchanged several PMs at the time, discussing the status of her marriage and the bad treatment she’d received. She hadn’t posted since. I don’t have any contact info for her other than what’s here on the board. Perhaps she still monitors the board and you could reach her through a PM.

• Like 4

Sad to hear about Al. He was a great admirer of his late wife. His love shined through. 

Padoc did pass away. I found him entertaining and blunt. 

I enjoyed PSU Lioness’s posts. Nice to get a younger person’s perspectives. Hate to hear a jerk or jerks gave her a hard time. Most jerky posters flush out. Blocking them works, too. 

On a totally unrelated note, a site I enjoyed has ended. Digital Photography Review, aka dp review or, as my wife taunted, double penetration review. It was a legit photography site. Now gone. 

• Like 2

When we were new to the LS, Alura's advice was always well-considered and meaningful.

We've missed his contributions, recently; knowing that he has joined Laura is fitting and offers all of us a sense of closure.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cplnluv1 said:

This young Lioness has gone through some tough times in the last few years, marriage being a major effect on her personal life. Without saying too much she has moved a few times, fell on some difficult times and is doing much better now. She has the toughness of young lady with street smarts she learned early on in her life. Those who don’t know her, she is still younger than most on here and was only in her twenties when she became active. 
Alan and I met her and her ex and found her an extremely smart astute person who knows what she wants and can defend herself against bullies in real life and on any social postings. 
It’s ironic that the poster that PeterJ thinks pushed her to stop posting is no longer posting either. I just went back to that topic and saw your posts defending our friend. 

Thanks for this update, cplnluv. Pleased to learn PSULioness has landed on her feet.

(I had just assumed that after that guy and I had a couple of pointed IM exchanges that he had blocked me and that was why I didn’t see any more posts from him. I found him often tiresome, but he was a prolific contributor and in that regard I’m a bit sorry he’s gone.)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, njbm said:

On a totally unrelated note, a site I enjoyed has ended. Digital Photography Review, aka dp review or, as my wife taunted, double penetration review. It was a legit photography site. Now gone. 

I found DPR quite useful. If I recall correctly the site was owned by Amazon and DPR was one of a number that were closed. My former wife, also a photographer, says two of the main guys have gone to You Tube, but I’m not fond of watching long videos waiting for the one or two nuggets that are relevant to me. 

Not that I’m in the market for much in the way of new gear. I have everything I need and then some. At this point I’m looking to prune my inventory of photographic equipment, though I probably won’t get rid of the recently refurbished Leica M4 and lenses I purchased on a dealer’s special in 1968. 😉 

• Like 1

Anyone who hasn't had the opportunity to read his book should give it a go. I think the name was "Swinging Down to Tulsa", or something similar.

• Like 1

Yes, that was the name of it.  He was very proud of it as I think it was something he and Laura had talked about, like "we ought to write a book someday!" and so he did as a promise fulfilled after she passed away.

• Like 4

We too miss his insights and comments. You never know why you stop seeing posts from certain people, hoping it’s just the world that changes not catastrophic events. RIP. 

• Like 2